Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 2 - Heart of a Monster (Completed) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:54 pm

Kuori kills the plant next to her but her shot against the one next to Revenge goes wide. The ever singing Twyla lands her hit beautifully and bolster's Revenge's spirit.

(Valac up!)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:36 pm

Valac hearing that the other two were having trouble used his last trick up his sleeve. Holding his sword pointing backwards Valac performed a mighty underarm swing, roaring with fury, that collided with the dragon plant sending it head over heels, tumbling backwards and laying it flat on the floor.

Valac then turned to Revenge and Twyla and said, "Edoes xoyt, I sowa kaeq yiz!"

He then dashed north as to circle behind the great plant.

(Regen 2, Brutal Slam, 22 vs fort, 29 Damage (Heal 5), pushing DP's 2 squares away and prone (DP's top right square should end up in J22), move 6 N to H1 cool .

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:17 pm

17/53 hp, 5 temp HP, Dragon Plant challenged, Slowed, +2 Saving Throws until my next turn.

STANDARD ACTION

"These... damnable... plants!" Revenge would grunt as the lil 'un nipped at his heels. He couldn't re-engage the Dragon Plant now that it had been knocked away and himself slowed, at least not with this here. He had to try to get rid of it.

Quote:
Virtuous Strike, 17 vs P4's AC. If it hits, should kill the minion (though the damage is Radiant, if it would be immune or resistant), and Revenge gets +2 to saving throws until the start of his next turn.

MINOR ACTION

"I... have to... press on!" he spoke aloud, trying to use his stalwartness and his faith to give him the strength he needed to once more move his feet.

Quote:
Divine Mettle, Revenge grants himself a saving throw with +4 to the roll, +6 if Virtuous Strike hit. 10 (or 12) means he saves vs Slowed!

MOVE ACTION

Anklebiter or not, Revenge couldn't let his challenge fade. It was his best bet to keep the Dragon Plant from harming the others. Lowering his shoulder, he would rush up to charge the plant, ramming his shoulder into its side.

Quote:
Revenge moves to L22 (which looks like it should be adjacent to the Dragon Plant, let me know if it's not and I'll edit my choice), provoking an opportunity attack from P4 if he did not kill it.

"Uf!" he'd grunt as he made contact, before calling out. "Valac, stop messing around and kill this thing already!"
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:15 am

Plant Food
User Image

Map Details: The brown dots are tree trunks and they are blocking terrain, but are not hard corners. The dark green patches represent thick patches of underbrush and are difficult terrain and provide partial cover where they take up an entire square. Rocks taking up more than one square provide blocking terrain but are not hard corners. The rocks in a single square are difficult terrain and provide partial cover to small creatures or prone medium creatures. The meat is not hindering terrain.

Initiative order
Dragon Plant: -2 to hit; Players heal 5 hit points on each successful hit. Bloodied
Kuori: HP 43/43, 4 Dmg Resist
Twyla: HP 24/42;
Valac: HP 53/57; Regen 2; +2 saving throws;
Revenge: HP -6/53 Unconscious, bleeding out
Animated Plants:
Shayne: HP 41/41

Valac sends the Dragon Plant sprawling, which is pretty impressive considering its massive size, but it still seems to have a bit of fight left in it yet. The last animated plant dodges Revenges attack, but does not seem able to grab him either as he moves away to be next to the Plant Dragon.

The animated plant shambles over to Twyla but the Gnome proves to be to spry and dodges its thorny grasp.

The dragon plant climbs back to its feet and furiously lashes out twice at the only target within its reach. Its wooden claws tear into into the paladin (28 damage), knocking him unconscious.

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:31 am

Kuori watched the dragon plant strike Revenge down as he fought valiantly in his last breaths. "no." It first escaped her lips as a whisper, but rose higher and higher as it became a battlecry. "no no no No NO! NO! NO!" This was not how it ended. Not here. They had a nation to bring down.

Kuori ran forward to her friend(S22) and fired off an arrow filled with all of her hopes and dreams of traveling with Revenge and bringing Aria down. She had to get him away from that thing.

Split the tree
27 vs P4 for 12 dm
27 vs Dragon Plant for 24 dmg + 1 if P4 dies due to quarry.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:27 pm

[Oops]

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:11 pm

"Revenge! No!" Twyla stared at him, helpless to run over--until an arrow sped forth from Kuori's bow, splitting the plant monster next to Twyla. She turned back, face aglow with gratitude, and said, "Oh, thank you! I'll help him!"

Twyla scurried over to Revenge's side, putting herself between him and the dragon plant. She leaned over him, struggling to find the source of his wound and staunch it. "I--I can't--"

Frustrated with her failure to help him, she whipped around suddenly, Tinsel flashing in her hand, but she could not see for the tears in her eyes.

"You beast--you monster--how..."

Her song faltered and Tinsel sliced only air. She turned to fix Valac with a desperate look. "Please!" she cried, "help us!"

((Move to L21.

Standard: Heal check on Revenge to stabilize him. With a 7 total, I'm pretty sure I failed it.

ACTION POINT!

Rally the Spectral Host: NATURAL 1. I miss!

Well, anyway, as an effect, I activate an Aura 2 that lasts 'til the end of my next turn. Allies in the aura have +1 to hit, +2 damage, so Valac, get over here if you want in on that.))
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:13 pm

Valac seeing Revenge go down shouted out angered, "Gozr esaeu! I qaehg esaeu qae edoes xoyt!"

Then seeing Twyla move up to the dragon plant as well Valac shook his head and placed his right hand over where his sigil would be. It begun glowing as if it were a burning fire and it gave his armour a bit of underglow.

Valac pointed at a place on the far side of the dragon plant and chanted loudly, "Gazaer xnaeyabbi aem zira! Yaeza sabbia oth miksq!" Then in a flash of fire and smoke a hovering man sized Demon appeared and with a grinning smile begun shouting abyssal at Valac.

"Iq soz xaar o haerdh qiza Valac! I oz khog yoq esaeu mirozzes asked za maen sahd!" He called out to Valac barely refraining from chuckling the whole time.

"l'tuq ud!" Valac roared as he then charged the Dragon Plant, making sure to be in Twyla's aura and laying another deep cut into it.

Then once Valac had stopped the Demon took a swing at the Dragon Plant with his long claws causing some damage.

(Minor Demon Bound Summon demon to J23, Standard action charge to J20 using Howling strike in place of a MBA 25 vs AC, 23 Damage, Rage of the crimson hurricane chips for 4 damage (keep forgetting that one). If I can't charge from where I am assume I used my move to move away first then charge (Howling strike gives me 8 squares total to charge with). End Turn. Demon instinctive kicks in since no order was given and attacks nearest bloodied enemy. 22 to hit vs ac and 10 damage.)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:16 am

-6/53, Death Saving Throw failure 1/3

"Blech," Jahi muttered, peering through the curtains. "This is a respectable high class neighborhood. They don't look all that well off."

Naeem looked up at his mother from his spot in the middle of the room, surrounded by several of his toys. They weren't his favorite, but they were the only ones his mother would allow him to play with today, since she was expecting her girlfriends over for tea after lunch.

"Mama, what does 'well off' mean?" he asked, his mother's eavesdropping getting the better of his curiosity.

"....." Jahi would not respond at first, but soon came up with a response. "It means they won't be able to afford the taxes to stay here. They'll be gone within a year's time, and be forced to beg on the streets for food." Another pause. "Don't repeat that, Naeem, do you understand?"

"Yes, Mama," he said. Getting up from his spot in the floor, he made the long walk to the other side of the room where the window was. "Can I see? I've never had new neighbors before. Can I, Mama?"

"'May' I," Jahi corrected, and releasing the curtain. "And no, don't worry about them. Just pretend they don't exist."

"Sorry, Mama. And that sounds mean," Naeem observed, turning his head and watching his mother depart from the window.

"It's for everyone's own good. Now, go clean up, lunch will be ready shortly." Watching his mother depart, her footsteps fading into the depths of the oh-so-big house, Naeem would move to a nearby stool, hoisting it up to his chest and waddling it to just below the window. Clambering up on top of it, he would poke his head through the curtains, and observe the movers below.

He watched for a few minutes with rapt attention, until he noticed a little girl, around his age. She was following her mother towards the front door of the house, but she stopped suddenly, and turned her head upwards to spot him. Naeem gave a smile and a little wave, but she seemed disinterested, and turned her gaze forward once more and disappeared into her house.

Thinking about what his mother had said, Naeem concluded "She must be hungry..." Carefully descending from the stool, the young Tiefling would begin his grand scheme. Trying to use his natural inborn stealth, he would make his way quietly down the stairs into the kitchen.

As promised, the cook was almost complete with lunch's preparation. Currently engaged in his task, it would be a simple matter of reaching up over the edge of the tall countertop and snatching the first bit of food he could find, which was a plate with a bunch of grapes on it. Sneaking out the back door was just as easily, and he was still tiny enough to fit through the bars of iron wrought gate that would separate his family's property from the neighbor's.

Knocking on the back door, he would hear a somewhat distant "Go see what that is." Naeem would wait patiently, holding the plate of grapes in his hands. Soon enough, he heard someone struggling with the door handle, before the door swun inward, the little girl he saw before peering at him with her bright blue eyes.

"What do you want?" she would ask, her eyes narrowing as she stared at this boy before her with suspicion.

"My name is Naeem!" he introduced, smiling broadly. Seeming to forget his reason for being here, he suddenly recalled the grapes, and presented the plate towards her. "I brought you a present."

The girl would apparently notice them for the first time herself, simply looking at them, then back up at the boy. "My parents said I shouldn't accept gifts from strangers."

"But I told you my name. And besides, I think that applies to grown up strangers, anyways," Naeem would retort.

"I'm sorry," she would say, stepping back and disappearing behind the door as she began to close it.

"You don't like grapes?" Naeem would ask aloud quickly, a hint of sadness in his voice. The door would stop.

".............. I love them, they're my favorite. But I can't. I'll get in trouble." The girl shifted slightly in place, the very edge of her frame peeking out from behind the door.

"Everyone's busy moving stuff, plus I won't tell if you won't," the little Tiefling attempted to barter.

The girl would hesitate for a few moments longer, before pulling the door back open slowly once more. Using both her arms to accept the plate, the little human girl would nod her head somberly. "..... Tank you."

"Welcomb to the neighborhood," Naeem would beam proudly towards her. There would be an awkward pause as neither child realized they were waiting for the other to bid farewell... when the little human girl checked over her shoulder, before she took a step forward and kissed him on the cheek. Naeem was too young to grasp the gesture, and simply asked "What was that for?"

"I don't know," she would respond, shrugging. But apparently hearing something, she would quickly adding, "I've got to go." Trying to juggle the plate and the door, she began closing it once more.

"Wait!" Naeem called out as the door was almost closed. "You haven't even told me your name yet!"

There was once more a pause, before she responded, "My name is
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:36 pm

Plant Food
User Image

Map Details: The brown dots are tree trunks and they are blocking terrain, but are not hard corners. The dark green patches represent thick patches of underbrush and are difficult terrain and provide partial cover where they take up an entire square. Rocks taking up more than one square provide blocking terrain but are not hard corners. The rocks in a single square are difficult terrain and provide partial cover to small creatures or prone medium creatures. The meat is not hindering terrain.

Initiative order
Dragon Plant: -2 to hit; Players heal 5 hit points on each successful hit. Bloodied
Kuori: HP 43/43, 4 Dmg Resist
Twyla: HP 8/42; slowed, save ends Bloodied
Valac: HP 29/57; Regen 2; +2 saving throws; 5 ongoing poison damage, slowed, save ends
Summoned demon 0/28: Destroyed, Valac looses 1 healing surge
Revenge: HP -22/53 Unconscious, bleeding out, slowed, save ends
Animated Plants:
Shayne: HP 41/41

Kuori kills the last Animated plant with her arrow and buries another into the dragon plant. Valac summons a demon out of nowhere and precedes to double team the Dragon Plant with it. The dragon plant oozes sap from its nurmerious wounds and barley seems to be clinging on. However, it seems to muster the energy for one last hurrah. The large creature nimbly dashes around biting at all creatures adjacent it (minus Revenge) Twyla manages to doge the creatures serrated maw but both Valac and his demon loose a chunk to the monster and beging to feel the linger affect of poison (12 and 13 damage respectively, +5 ongoing poison damage)

The Dragon Plant ends its rampage nest to Valac and (action point) once more lets out a tremendous breath of poisonous gas. Valac, Twyla, Revenge and the Demon are all engulfed in the gas, (16 damage, slowed save ends) The demon grasp at his throat before collapsing to the ground. Its thrashing stops suddenly and it vanishes from the field. Valac feels the pain of its leaving as it consumes some of his vitality.

(Kuori up!)

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:43 am

22 vs ac for 13 dmg
Kuori is spending an action point. double twin strike, only one hit, double move back to the rocks in the south , nothing else
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:52 am

Twyla stood against the onslaught of the dragon plant and shouted out her song at it, defiant in the face of its rage.

"We are not yet beaten--no!
Not 'til the last of us lies still!
Our bonds withstand both fear and foe
Think you'll win? You never will!"

Her song was drowned out by the dragon plant's roars, and she faltered as she tried not to look at Revenge's crumpled form--but sang she did.

((Standard: Vigorous Cadence! 10 vs. Fortitude will miss... I still deal half damage on a miss, so I deal 7 damage total (original: 15).

As an effect, the first time the dragon plant makes an attack roll on its turn, it heals my nearest ally for 5hp.

As a minor, I stow my short sword and draw my bow. It only takes one minor action because of my armor.))

AlphabetFish

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:17 am

Kuori's arrow, strikes the Dragon Plant, causing it to stagger. Twyla's arcane bolt then hits the creature directly in the head. Through the gnomes attack did not seem like much, the creature lets out one more terrible roar before collapsing to the ground, dead.

End Combat
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:39 pm

This was the part where Kuori was supposed to be tough. This was the part where she was supposed to march up to the Dragoplant, rip out its heart, and collecct her arrows. And yet none of it mattered. She didn't particularly care about preventing Aria from finding that town, the more peopl ethat saw them as villains the better. She just wanted to get on the road and start petitioning the surrounding kingdoms to drop their support and then take the fight to Aria directly. And again, none of that mattered. Days after reuniting Revenge with his wife and here he was bleeding out on the ground to get a goddamned plant to cure people at her request.
Two paths lay before her with one destination, Aria, The only real question was if she was going alone. Gods she hoped not.
She wanted to run at Revenge, but her legs were giving up. She approached him slowly, knowing that there wasn't much that she could do for him, and not wanting to see his body. Step by step she drew closer, mouth drying up and holding back her tears.

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games