Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:31 pm
"You pick up many odd habits, after being swallowed. But, it tastes like a blood sausage that was made with mushrooms, an irony octipus. Minus the mouthfeel. Not great eats." Ruin said to answer Irene. Before taking his sword to liberate any loot from it's friends  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:09 pm
"Stop worryin' bout it Revenge, you take it off when ya sleep anyways just wash it then." Commented Valac stabbing the point of his sword into the ground and squatting down.

< Three healing surges used to become full HP.>  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:21 pm
((Ruin, roll me a perception to see what you find digging through the stomachs of the ropers.))

As Ruin searches for treasure in the stomachs of the ropers Irene continues her grisly exploration of their insides as well. Eventually, the petite noble joins the rest of the group where they are resting. As she walks over she casts a spell upon herself, causing all the blood on her outfit to vanish. She would take notice of gore covered Valac and offer "Oh, I can cast prestidigitation on you if you like and clean you off. I don't think there will be a chance to bathe for a while." She would then look at everyone else. "So..what's the plan now? Are we heading deeper in today?" Irene would look down the cavern which began to rapidly descend. "I think this will be the last of our natural light once we go further."  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:30 am
"Yeah, we need to push on. No telling how close Maukeen is." She looks at the roper corpses for a moment. "Ruin, come sit down man."  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:07 pm
"Irene said, ther' be treasure in dem ropers." He said, in his closest pirate voice. "And I'm gonna find it for the children's compost-ion... You want your split?"

Perception 13 finding da X  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:10 pm
Digging through the stomachs of the ropers is no job for the feint of heart but among the bones and half digested items of clothing and equipment Ruin finds coins roughly worth of 350 gold. He also finds a leather pouch is filled with what appear to be common dice, made of bone and painted with black pips. It is clear to him some latent magic resonates from these dice.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:28 pm
"That would be 58 per person, with Irene or 70 without. A strange seed, I will ask Dresden about. And dice" He spoke as he approached the group.

Arcane 11(nat 1) to identify the properties of da dice

Edit: miss read the description of the dice and thought the seeds were separate.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:09 am
"Dice?" the warden asked, hanging around and watching the others focus on recovering- he was well enough that the residual effect from Kuori's work had him feeling fresh again.

"If you lot need some more time, I'd be down to game a bit during." He could have tried to comment about letting him go first next time, but he hadn't realized just how long the roper's arms were- this fight would have been a mess pretty much regardless, and even beyond that it was clear that while they were good at what they did, they didn't function like military in the least- so he probably needed to stop thinking like it.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:30 am
Revenge will partake of a short rest.

"You really developed a thing about being inside monsters, Ruin. Is this going to be a problem for us later?" Revenge would say, after sighing and relenting to his temporary barbarian back badge.

As Ruin would stare intently at the dice, Revenge would also examine them from a short distance away out of curiosity/instinct while cleaning his gear and doing some token maintenance on that worthless shield of his.

Quote:
Arcana +8 = 16

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:08 am
Ruin and Revenge can tell the dice have been enchanted to grant some extra luck to the bearer in a chosen activity once a day.

Lucky Bag o'Bones

Utility Power Daily (Minor Action)
Effect: You gain a +4 power bonus to the first skill check you make before the end of your next turn.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:18 pm
Ruin would shrug at Revenge's comment. "More I learn, the more I can pass on to the orphans and the more likely they won't end up like me. So, if it does become an issue, my pious friend, you have my permission to leave me."

Taking a seat by the group, "I am sure we can do a play a quick. I can't risk the gold, but..." reaching into his pack, he would produce a Tristan healing potion and set it and the dice bag between himself and the warden. "... game is called, 13. Winner takes the pot and dice."

(Similar rules to Blackjack, except everything is shown, with d6's instead of cards and 1's = 1 or 7.

Taking his short rest, unless if gambling counts as modierate activity.

Who is taking their gold share, if no one does the children will thank you.)  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:27 pm
Kuori holds out her hand as ruin comes back, "Be sure to tip your healer." She leans back a bit, "And guard her body while she closes her eyes for a bit."

[Party is at full health]  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:39 am
"As much as I wouldn't mind my share being donated, this would be the first time in quite a while I'd have had the opportunity to earn coin for equipment maintenance, that wasn't available from a still-warm corpse of a fellow humanoid. It would be fallacious to believe I could perform my duties correctly when my armor is falling apart or I'm half-starved. I'll make it up to the orphanage later when I'm better situated."

After the dice get examined...

"Hmm. Are those what I think they are?" Revenge would ask after sneaking an over-the-shoulder peak at the dice.

"Can't be unoriginal and offer up the same thing. Let me think... oh! Here." Revenge would remove his pack and fish around, before pulling out a cloth-wrapped everburning torch, placing it next to the potion.

"I'm more of a cards man myself; if no one else wants to play, care to take point and show me how it's done, Ruin?"  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:19 pm
"For teaching, then." Ruin's tail would push the two items aside to show they weren't playing for keeps, yet. As he reached into the bag and to take two dice out of the bag, "Each player rolls 2 dice at the start, and adds the dots together, 1's can be 1 or 7. Then the individual can add an additional roll if they wish to. The goal would be to the one closest to 13 without going over."

Tossing the die he would look watch as they rolled to stop at twin 6's.

"12, with the odds of rolling a 13 unlikely, I would hold in this stance. Then you would roll, but if your roll tied mine, say with four 3's or six 2's, neither one of us would win the game. Which could be strategic as it means we would have to roll again with a new starter. With the caveat, another player didn't roll over us."

Placing Revenge's gold in his palm, with the two dice, he would hold them out to the tiefling. "I taught a few children how to count and basic math with games like this."  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:10 am
"Hmmm..." Illikan scratched his chin, looking from the torch to his lantern.

"I'll be useless down here without this thing. So, let's say half my share from this to donation, the other half into the pot." Settling down next to the others and watching Ruin hash out the rules while everyone rested and Irene kept examining the bodies. "Simple enough. Who starts then?"  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games