Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Introduction Threads
Geezer Ages Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 98 99 100 101 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:21 pm
Lol - Happy Birthday Wen! heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:28 am
Thanks Brat.

Actually, they (they being my mom & the doc) thought I was gonna be born on Father's Day. I would have been my grandpa's F.D. present. As it turned out, I was a day late.  

Wendigo29
Crew

Alleira

Aged Citizen

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:56 am
Happy Birthday for the 18th, Wendigo - hope you have a great day! biggrin

Poppetta
i'm starting to feel a bit glum about my upcoming birthday now, 35 is starting to sound rather old confused

...Try adding on 20 years - that's a whole other adult! lol  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:16 am
neutral yeah, i know. we all roll our eyes at people younger than ourselves saying that they feel old, i know i wont FEEL any older.
it's other people's reactions to your age that gets up my nose, they think you're a certain age, then when they find out you're older they re-access and treat you differently evil i don't like that.  

Poppetta

Alleira

Aged Citizen

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:13 am
You're right, and I felt very conscious of my age when I first started in Gaia and realised that the majority of users were in their teens (and younger). However, I soon found out there is a strong senior contingent as well, so that made me feel more confident about being here. And, of course, the Admins are hardly kids themselves!

IRL, it's not so bad when you're with people you know - either friends or at work (although even work can be a bit iffy at times...) - but I think I notice the reactions most in the street, shops, etc. You'll be passing a group of youngsters and just happen to catch their expression as they glance at you - clearly signalling "old fart", before they dismiss you as irrelevant. xp One lad almost didn't get any older when he called me a "wifey" one day... stare lol

It also helps to have friends who are older than you, because they do the eye-rolling thing and call you a youngster! blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:58 pm
You know, that may be one of the great priveleges of manhood. People actually respond more positively to you when you start to age. A few years ago, I looked very young and couldn't get squat done, but now that I actually have started to look middle-aged, people have started to assume I'm more competent than I really am. It's not much of an edge, but it's more than I've had for a long time and I'm starting to enjoy it.

On the other hand, while I may enjoy the advantages of maturing, it seems to suck for women. While I can think of quite a few advantages associated with more experienced females (and I'm not just talking sensuality, here, although, because I'm a bit lonely at the moment what with Umberella visiting her mom in another state, that's mainly what I'm talking) some of the younger (and, sadly, more attractive both financially and physically) men I associate with completely overlook such obvious advantages for mere youth. Pfagh!

Young women often have men fawning all over them, especially the really stupid ones, which is why I often go out of my way to be somewhat less sociable toward young women. Yes, I admit, it's another form of ageism, but one meant to balance the scales. My churlish replies and patronizing re-assessments are meant merely to get the young ladies, particularly the ones too obsessed with conservate fashions and polite airheadedness (or, even worse, flirtations), ready for what's to come and not, as some people claim, because I'm a horrible old man.  

Harbone
Crew

Kyozumi Miyatoshi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:02 pm
24 over here. smile
i find keeping my old timer's day job (i'm the youngest person at my post office.. i'm a carrier there) and a young person's night life (i sing in a hard rock band) keeps me feeling about my age. although i'm noticing the bands we're playing with keep seeming younger and younger. i'm starting to call them 'kiddie' bands lol!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:43 pm
28, yo  

Kitanya_Rose

Bestmom

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:18 pm
Hello I am 37  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:42 am
Happy Birthday to Poppetta - hope you have a lovely day today! xd heart  

Alleira

Aged Citizen

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:33 pm
alleira
Happy Birthday to Poppetta - hope you have a lovely day today! xd heart
As usual, I am a day late and a dollar short - sweatdrop
Hope you had a great day Poppetta! heart  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:48 pm
blaugh thank you!

now i'm over the hurdle i don't care about being 35, i didn't sprout a load of wrinkles over night or anything, most people still think i'm around 28 which suits me!

i'm pretty happy with life at the moment 3nodding  

Poppetta

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:57 pm
Go Poppetta. Congrats... age isn't so much a physical thing, as how we view it. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:12 pm
I'm 64!  

RightBehindYou

I Ceymore Ratz
Crew

Revered Prophet

6,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:37 am
your still a youngster RightBehindYou lol  
Introduction Threads

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 98 99 100 101 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games