Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Movies TV Shows Books Comics
Dr. Who - a show for the truly decrepit Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like Dr. Who?
I don't like anybody.
5%
 5%  [ 15 ]
Didn't he have something to do with pledge drives?
1%
 1%  [ 5 ]
I don't watch medical shows.
2%
 2%  [ 7 ]
I heard he went crazy and lived in Obi-Wan's attic.
10%
 10%  [ 31 ]
Sure. Lots. Now gimme my poll gold.
24%
 24%  [ 74 ]
Exterminate! Exterminate!
56%
 56%  [ 168 ]
Total Votes : 300

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:46 am
I've not seen much Dr. Who. I'm interested in the Tom Baker episodes, but that's mostly because his era is the one most often parodied in pop culture. ^^;  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:22 pm
It's really funny I stumbled on this thread; but I guess I should have expected to find such a thread in this guild, by who created it. I've been introduced to 'Dr. Who' recently by a friend, with the focus on specific time travel episodes. I've seen a handful of 'Dr. Who' shows and I am hooked. I hate to admit that previously I had always changed the channel when 'Dr. Who' came on TV many yrs ago, as I just didn't get it.

What I've seen of the quirky old shows (1.5 Tom Baker episodes) was pretty cheesy fun. Sylvester McCoy reminds me of 'Kolchak: The Night Stalker', I've always liked that series, and I thought that episode and doctor was pretty cool. I've really liked the newer shows with Christopher Eccleston and especially David Tennant. The quirky cheesy shows are fun but the tighter plot lines, 'modern' characters and special effects are great in the new shows.  

CaitieRose Colo

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:18 pm
Oh, I LOVE Doctor Who. Adore it. Particularly Classic Who.

Alright, I admit it, I'm a fangirl. (fanwoman?)

I watch late night episodes of doc 5 because Peter Davison is the bomb.

Seriously, though I love the show, I'm a big sci fi fan, I like the humorous old episodes and the serious newer eps.

(and I adore 5. I like 7 and 4 and 10 but I adore 5)  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:48 am
So I guess the Beeb has tapped Matt Smith to be the new Doctor.

Who the heck is Matt Smith?  

Harbone
Crew

September Wolf

Wintry Dragon

21,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:37 am
He's very young to be the doctor!!  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:12 am
True... Matt does look a little on the unripe side, but I hear he can carry a series, so let's give him a chance.

Quite a few fans have noted, over the years, that the Doctor seems to be getting younger with each regneration. It might be kind of nifty, if Mattie-boy makes it, to see a teenage doctor followed by a 10-year-old.

You never know.
The last of the time lords might eventually be wearing a nappie while he takes on the Daleks and Cybermen.

Fight On Jim Henson's Doctor Who Babies!  

Harbone
Crew

Amarella Harte

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:58 pm
Harbone
True... Matt does look a little on the unripe side, but I hear he can carry a series, so let's give him a chance.

Quite a few fans have noted, over the years, that the Doctor seems to be getting younger with each regneration. It might be kind of nifty, if Mattie-boy makes it, to see a teenage doctor followed by a 10-year-old.

You never know.
The last of the time lords might eventually be wearing a nappie while he takes on the Daleks and Cybermen.

rofl I love it! rofl  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:39 pm
I keep hoping that one of these times they'll have an older Doctor again. That would make me very happy.  

luckygirl2113

Romantic Sage

Eirwyn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:50 pm
I made a Doctor Who thread in the Science Camp for the Summer Event, and it took off like a house on fire! biggrin
Come See!
biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:31 am
Harbone

You never know.

Eeew.  

Gwion Vaughn

Shameless Man-Lover

38,550 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Artemesia_of_Persia

Ruthless Phantom

37,675 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:34 am
Idol Miku Hatsune
I've not seen much Dr. Who. I'm interested in the Tom Baker episodes, but that's mostly because his era is the one most often parodied in pop culture. ^^;

they are classics. the production values and effects are 70's TV quality though, so be warned.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:04 pm
Artemesia_of_Persia
Idol Miku Hatsune

they are classics. the production values and effects are 70's TV quality though, so be warned.

That's why I like them so much.  

luckygirl2113

Romantic Sage

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:30 pm
Velouria Dragoon
vampyre
I own a 14 foot long scarf!!!
ok, now I'm jealous beyond words... 3nodding

User Image

Busted!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:59 pm
I have seen 5 eps of the first season and in my opinion its kinda wierd but I still like it... didnt think that a show from the BBC would be that interesting XD  

flash_75

3,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
Movies TV Shows Books Comics

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items