Welcome to Gaia! ::

THoR

Back to Guilds

Freeform RP and general place to hang out! 

Reply Role Playing Section (Create Roleplays and RP in here!)
Unleashed Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GamingLord
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:40 am
Jacob sent a mental nuzzling to Veni with that thought comment.

The imp noted what Rosemary said about the energy drinks, and gently put away the spheres for more vital healing later, when they would be on lower supplies. For now, energy drinks it would be then.

Milaku decided to share something, before Fal or Thas could even ask...

"Come to think of it... that little girl mage. She looked familar. I never knew her personally, but the times I did see her, she was an apprentice mage at the time. I never knew her specialties, but... she hasn't seemed to age a bit since then. Now, it looks like she has the markings of a high mage. It's been at least a few centuries since I've last seen her. It's very possible she's the biomancer.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if Jiluzix has warped her mind somehow..."

- - - - - -

Xun frowned a little, and gave a slight shrug.

"Perhaps.. though I feel doubtful. Something isn't as it seems there. Ah well, let us not focus too much on that, least we lose sight of our goal."

Soon, they at least did a rudimentary job of cleaning up Mindy's space and getting a wall built up where the hole was. Xun scratched at something in his neck, and was surprised, and somewhat pleased to find a fragment of bone from one of the chaotic skeletons.

"This... Now this could prove useful. This piece of bone came from that necro-magic user. Allow me to communicate with our Lord a moment..."

A short prayer, a feeling of a burst-nova of energy emanated from Xun, calling forth one of Jiluix's larger tendrils into Mindy's home. He conversed silently with it, some of which he seemed slightly depressed or saddened... probably with regret on not being able to capture their prey for their Lord, but he grew a little more joyful on being able to present something that would further identify some of the group and give them a lead. He inserted the piece of bone into a hole in Jiluzix's tendril, and was petted by it for a moment.... then a sudden unexpected reaction. The tendril shrieked for a second, growing frazzled and full of anger. It calmed itself after a few moments, but it was visibly irritated, Xun surprised at this reaction until it "spoke" with him a moment later. Xun's hands tightened into fists, and whispered one name.

"Jacob Merak..."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:21 am

"Obviously to both," said Veni whose shadow gained his fangs and he pointed at them. "Did you not see her teeth?"

"The imp demon was the one who used the siren voice on you though, she wasn't even there until... Xun I believe his name was... until his spell went haywire... Isn't a few hundred years a little fast to go from apprentice mage to high one? Coatli made it sound like it would take a millennium for me to go from apprentice to actual mage."

-------

He's still mostly talking to them... Mindy thought referring to elites in general. Jacob Merak... there wasn't anyone who hasn't heard of him. He was like the boogy man there. "...have you met him before? I hear such awful things about him..."  

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

GamingLord
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:47 pm
Milaku 'Ah'ed', and nodded. "That explains a lot. Before, I never got a good enough look, until just now.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, she was excessively talented in her abilities, which made her rise up in her ranks.... and it's been nearly a thousand years at least, actually, when I last did see her. Not to mention... she seemed to heal the imp's wound as if it were nothing. From what I understand of the rare biomancers, they can puppet souless living creatures easily, and sway others without too much difficulty usually. Perhaps I'm going on a hunch here."

- - - - -

Xun looked at the bone fragment with distaste.

"A nightmare because of the things he's done, and how elusive he is in escaping his full punishment.

I was a witness, though not a participator at the time, of the ritual used to initially punish him. I'm sure you've heard of how he's lead revolts against our campaigns to help convert worlds to our Lord. He managed to escape before the ritual could be completed, scarring him, and slaughtering some of our best in his wake.

Ever since, he's been a thorn in our side, stealing knowledge fit only for our Lord, thieving away our experiments, and leading rebellious assaults on our brethren.

I have a particular vendetta against him personally. One of the mages he slayed at the ritual, was my mentor and the one who used Jiluzix's will to resurrect me. It was a deep loss for me."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:22 pm
"Even so, don't go after him for your vendetta before you try your magic on the undead one or ones," said Alpha. "It would be best to remove anyone from the area we can as soon as possible..."

"Shall we be off?"

-------------

"Sounds like the opposite of a necromancer really."

"I would be more amused by the idea of someone commanding the living like there are those that could command me normally. I wonder if she was vampirized before or after Jiluzix got hold of her. If it was after than that hints that even he fears the adult or even older version one."

"I get the feeling that she's not going to go as easy on you next time."  

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

GamingLord
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:48 pm
Xun seemed to adjust his armor beneath his skin, tweaking it carefully by clenching and unclenching his hands.

"As much as my vendetta fuels me at times, my dedication to my Lord is even stronger. It is put aside for Jiluzix, for he is served first and foremost.

I require a moment. I'll meet up with you both, I need to make a stop to gather some needed necessities."

When they had agreed to it, Xun left on his own for a short time. He quickly came back to their future meeting location with three, heavily mutated and experimented on guardsmen.... obviously tranced by his gaze, so undead. More easily under his control due to their agreeing to it, and Jiluzix willing him the soldiers to Xun.

Their location currently was where the heros would want to be eventually... the vast soul chambers where Jiluzix kept his collections of spirits and drained them of their eternally regenerating energy. Xun marvelled at the pale flesh pillars that housed the glowing sacs of souls, basic life fluids pumping through veins and arteries strung all over the place redundantly. Various mages and demons worked around the clock in the shadows to keep the place functioning smoothly.

- - - - -

Quiet, whispered idle chatter continued, a small break taken only to snack on some food supplies due to hunger, Jacob taking to a corner to feed his vampires. When she was certain nobody was looking, Fal'Jenul snuck Sephiroth some food, then merged with him, this time being the outwardly visible one. Johnathon took this time to study his bible some, before they all had to pack up and continue on their way.

After a time, they reached the exit of the caverns, emerging just outside the main city limits. They quickly moved to cover behind small, metallic buildings, hiding in shadows as much as possible, being wary of some of the sharp decor some of the structures had. They were still a good number of miles from the main temple structure they needed to stealth their way into...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:16 pm
Mindy was waiting there with Adur, the one who carried her around like a doll, and a couple others to feed her when she got hungry. Alpha brought some hunters with him as well. "At the pace they were going it should take them several hours to get here so it should be fine for Mindy to sleep for a time. Don't you think so Xun or will what you gave her last that long plus a battle?"

"Children require more sleep than adults no matter what I try," said Mindy slightly bitterly.  

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Sephiroth-sama

Crew

Determined Conqueror

11,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:12 pm
She hadn't asked so he was surprised when she did that. Not that he was mad or insulted but surprised. When they exited the caverns Sephiroth wondered if Jacob knew how to get there from where they were at. He was concerned about Johnathan and the other imps. Especially Johnathan since he had a feeling that he would do well as a missionary.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:30 pm
Now that we're here I wonder if we're even able to get to him, Rosemary thought to herself about Sephiroth. I can't help but notice you've seemed less stressed for a while, Jenul. Did he escape? Where is he?  

Rosemary Mori
Crew

9,675 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Winter Guardian 250

GamingLord
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:57 pm
Xun glanced around, then casually sat on the floor nearby one of the soul pillars.

"A rest would be a good idea, even if we were to just "shoot the breeze" as it were. My stomach in particular aches, I've not had a chance to have something to consume in some time since we've started our missions..."

Reaching into a small pack, Xun pulled out some manner of grotesque meat that still had remnants of it's distinguishable features, including something of a face of some animal creature. He neatly bit into it's flesh, chewing thoughtfully as the lesser mages and demons worked in the background, then swallowed his mouthful.

"If either of you don't mind sharing your personal histories amongst ourselves... how did we all come into Jiluzix's wonderful fold?"

- - - - - -

Fal'Jenul did her best to fib, and yet let Rosemary know everything would be okay. Perhaps more like a half-lie.

I've... accepted that there's something telling me that he'll be alright. Somehow, things will turn out for the best. I'm not entirely sure of where he could be at the moment, but.. I trust that my precious son is keeping safe.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:45 pm
Alpha sat with his legs crossed and thought on it. "I started off as any normal hunter would doing tasks for our Lord and his children. My rank went up as hunters go for my talents till I reached the point of being allowed to mate, then one day I displayed some potential for magic beyond the illusions and mind trickery that we usually do. I snatched someone with a magic thread that lasted long enough to trip them. I didn't realize it was I who had done anything magical, but soon after that Lord Jiluzix had ordered me to undergo some tests...

When offered apprenticeship to work to become a mage, how could I refuse? It was the greatest honor our Lord has ever given to one of us and it greatly boosted my people's moral to see that it could be possible to be in more favor with our Lord than we could before. While this was happening my people started to call me Alpha and well I try to not let it get to my head."

"I don't remember how I came into the fold. I was told I was found on a liberated world and not much else. I don't even really remember my laborer or apprenticeship phases. I must have been really young for those too. I don't worry about it because Jiluzix is there and it's always been that way to me anyways. He always tells me to work hard and to try my best so I do that and sometimes people seem jealous for it. Maybe because I'm still a kid and am supposed to be their superior or did I learn that much faster? Alpha here is nice to work with though because it never seemed to bother him. How about you Xun? You said you were a failed experiment if I recall. How did you manage to get noticed then?"  

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:49 am
If Fal'Jenul could see Rosemary's face under the mask she'd know that she wasn't convinced. Well I think he's escaped because there are mages everywhere along with what I suspect to to be extra Jiluzix bits and my senses tell me that they're looking for something or someone from the way they act.

Really? Veni said and they could hear his mental groan. That was going to take a lot of energy to keep them all well hidden as they moved.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:24 pm
Fal'Jenul decided to just keep silent for now, deciding that opening her thought mouth would cause more trouble or complications.

- - - - - -

Xun stretched slightly, undead bones popping a bit.

"I was... originally a corpse, brought to life by the mage Zalafar, a high ranking member who was going to be a member of the elite. He had been working on methods to imbue a non-living body with powerful abilities not natural to it. He had not been expecting to give me sentience, a strange side effect of one of the spells of the necromancy he had been attempting to endow me with.

If I had any past life before Ni'Jitogrimiz, I have no recollection of it, for it has been long since vanished after my original death before rebirth. Zalafar explained in great detail to me the glory of Jiluzix, and gave me the choice of working for my Lord. He explained that it would not be easy work, having to start as a lowly but necessary laborer. I owed Zalafar my renewed existance, and by that extension, Jiluzix. How could I not repay them?

I was a failed experiment however, in that none of my magics came to light, nor apparently was I a simple "puppet" sort of creature that would be a simple loss. One of those, however, wasn't true after a time. While working in the mines, harvesting precious resources, I discovered I could simply command scattered remains of long dead animals to help me become more efficient and work alongside me. Those with less then pure intentions claimed I was slacking, and reported me to superiors... my actions spoke the truth however, as I was pulling my own weight, as well as having my "little minions" assist me.

My superiors decided to reward me. They asked what I would have done to my tormenters, and what special gift I would ask for myself. Little did I know it was a test by Jiluzix himself at the time, and I fortunately answered correctly! I had said, "Let my Lord select their punishment for their wrongs... I only ask that I may serve Jiluzix as well as I am able...."

From then on, they entered me into the ranks as an apprentice mage, and I worked my way through the ranks with dedication and hard work. I am pleased and honored to be able to serve along with my elite brethren at Jiluzix's behalf, in any manner he sees fit."  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

Sephiroth-sama

Crew

Determined Conqueror

11,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:27 am
Sephiroth chuckled at her inability to tell lies, half truths, or even whole truths without fear of revealing everything or too much. "You're a good person..." He said and receded back to some corner in her conscious in part so she wouldn't pick up on any of his normal actions and accidentally give signs of him being there and also in part because he wanted to be a little distant at the moment due to his mind wandering to things that had happened.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:26 am
"That sounds wonderful what you did to boost your efficiency as a laborer," she said rubbing her eye area a bit. "If I could stand to not sleep for longer periods of time without becoming practically useless like you two can...I wonder how much more I could get done. I really do try to figure out ways to overcome it, but I usually end up worse off for a few days. I guess our Lord deans it necessary for me to need sleep. Is it alright for me to sleep a little bit now? "

-------

Veni did his best to make those who couldn't make themselves invisible, invisible by bending the light around them. He saw many things he had never wanted to see. The Wall of Sinners for example. He could have gone without passing it near enough to get that glimpse.

So could have Rosemary. That was on he list of something she didn't want to see again...along with the birth mother chambers/prison, she and Sephiroth for that matter hoped they didn't have to go through or near that to get to where they were going. She had spent a whole day in there and just that one day left her with nightmares for many years.  

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Role Playing Section (Create Roleplays and RP in here!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games