Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
Frightened, Chimera? [Remake] (O / A) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

You would like to see more ____ in this roleplay.
  blood/gore
  action
  romance
  interaction between characters/roleplayers
  opportunities for Chimera to escape
  pit battles between Chimerae
View Results

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:12 pm

"Grab Aspalar and lead everyone for the door, and try not to cringe. I have to use my head now, and this will not be pretty," Hound said as he turned and got into a sprinting stance. He was about to launch himself straight forward and then crash the doors. "And by the way, you had every right to judge me, because the truth is, I was a monster. But those days are over now little brother, and I am not going to allow anyone to take my family away from me!!" His words were heart felt and tears streamed down Hounds face as he thought what might happen if he failed.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:23 pm

Tobart nodded, bracing himself on Apsalar's cage to attempt to help her out (she probably didn't need it, but he liked to offer). He was moved by Hound's conviction, and decided that it was indeed best to act. "Come on!" he managed to scream, rounding up those that he could and heading behind the behemoth.

The Amazing Flying Circus

Eloquent Elocutionist

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:30 pm

Hound let out his gutteral bellow and launched forth in a blast of strength, leaping forward a distance equal to 20 times his own height, and he crashed head first through everything in his path without even slowing down. When his jump ended it's momentum he ran on all fours directly at the door. He was going to smash his was going to crash and smash his way out.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:05 am

User ImageSee it, startled
Afternoon I had to ask
Or dare I, ever know
Tell us we are
dEmENteD
Watch as attention span
Hold, so fast
Then goes up in
s m o k e

I don't think you're nervous enough.
It happened to
show its own face
Search for the
s o u l l e s s ends
Now put him to
rest.

You won't find me curling up
A place that should make sEnSE
Well, excuse me for this better judgment

Night is so worth waiting for

((Lol good luck with that door. That's a good few feet of solid steel. razz ))

Finally, TAIS got enough sense to send an entire force of drones towards Hiccadu at once from a single side, slamming into her side and forcing her off Devon, sending her crashing into empty cages.

Whimpering, her rage broke long enough for TAIS to reinstall control, and with a force of iron forced Hiccadu into submission, making her whimper and whine in pain as it felt like a million pounds pressed right behind her eyes.

"How DARE you disobey me?!"

Everything began to reboot - began to get online again as TAIS inflicted as much mental pain as she could without permanently damaging her weapon.

"You will FEEL my wrath!"

Hiccadu audibly squealed in agony, writhing on the floor as her claws scratched the tile floor.

"You will NEVER disobey me again!"

Whimpering, TAIS forced Hiccadu to her feet, stumbling and whining.

"Now GET those Chimerae!"

Hiccadu's vision cleared just enough to lock onto Hound's charging body. Growling, her predatory instincts were activated into overdrive and she leaped forward, her vision immediately clearing as she zeroed in on the escaping Chimera and leaped forward as she neared, slamming into him and knocking him off course, sending both of them sliding across the floor.

Growling, Hiccadu picked herself off the floor, hissing at the other Chimera.

Her rage at Devon had been locked away- it would be artificially deleted later, but the memory of what her disobedience had caused her would remain. As a reminder of who she belonged to.

She hissed again, lowering herself closer to the floor as she waited for Hound to recover, her tail swaying lethally from side to side.

"Let's go."

User Image
A BLINDING scare so cauterizing
Arms out pointing, sit and stare
At this proof, this
LiVInG pRooF
This proof, this living proof

I don't think you're nervous enough.
It happened to
show its own face
Search for the
s o u l l e s s ends
Now put him to
rest.

Culprits, shudder
Apparitions left in time
If we're
honest... sight unknown
Crowing. Frozen. Bedroom.
Awoke up certain
Lays a tomb, her tree holds it
Unbeknownst, still sending cHiLLs

Put him to rest...
Highland's Apparition ~ Chevelle

LovetoCauseMayhem

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:24 am

Hound's body made a few shivers as he slowly got up, "Something you should know, I was meant to do your job. To hunt down other chimera and retrieve them. We're not so different you and I. There's only one severe difference between me and you. I can think on my own. So, Since you have decided to enter combat with me, I feel I must defend my herd. I've had my blood today, but I'm still so hungry." Hound remained on all fours, but as his body continued to shiver with excitement, his finger nails cut into the concrete of the floor and as he dragged one hand backwards, he left claw marks in the concrete. He was able to do this because of a fact that few sceintists had been willing to test: Hound's finger nails were harder than steel, sharp, and that mixed with his tremendous strength made him lethal.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:16 pm

((He's hanging out. Somewhere. twisted ))

While Hiccadu was distracted, Smoke helped Tobart make his way towards Apsalar's cage. He had a back-up plan for something such as this, and he kept his cell phone at the ready to leave the slaughterhouse. It was either escape, or death. He knew this.

John stepped out of his cage, opening his wings fully. It was the first time in a long time that he had been able to.

His senses directed him to a metal gurney that held a white sheet over a small, humanoid lump. The scene around him faded away as he approached the smell of death emanating from the gurney. He raised his pale hands, barely noticing their trembling, and lifted the white sheet.

Panther's mouth was a mutilation unbearable for John to look at for more than a few moments. Brown trails blazed down her upper jaw from the corners of her mouth, where the blood had dried after the "experiment". Her hair was matted with flecks and clots as well, but the rest of her skin was as white as the sheet they had covered her with.

John could find no words, only feelings. He stood there over her, looking into her half-opened eyes with that sense of pure loneliness and sorrow washing threw him and radiating outwards.

As soon as the alarms had gone off, Jared had taken a semi-automatic handgun out of a holster that was hanging on the corner of his bed post, then headed into the action. When he arrived, he saw the Chimerae running loose, Hiccadu turning against Hound, another Chimera helping one still caged out of his spot, and his old nemesis, John.

He didn't know the entire situation. As far as he was aware, Hiccadu was still the perfect Chimera, Smoke was the perfect--albeit annoying--watchdog, and TAIS's control on the situation was absolute.

So when he raised his handgun to fire at John, he didn't expect to have a heavy desk drawer chucked at his head.

Smoke was standing beside Tobart, his back to the Chimera. He didn't move, nor try to defend himself from the creations.

Jared realized that the tide had turned. He snarled, held the handgun firmly in between his hands, and aimed squarely for Smoke's face.

"You were always annoying."

Many things happened in that instant. John's eyes widened, and his hearing picked up seemingly everything. Most importantly, however, he heard a single step beside him and the telltale click of a weapon being handled.

Without thinking, John slammed into his torturer. It was purely with one intention in mind; revenge. But then it turned into a struggle to protect his pack-mates. His strength and Jared's own were equal, and he had his hands clenched around Jared's wrists, trying to wrestle the gun from his hand and turn the tide.

Smoke took his own handgun from his pocket and pointed it towards Jared, but he never shot it. It was too risky that he would hit John. He lowered his weapon slightly, watching the wrestling match with increasing tension.

Jared grunted with the effort of trying to keep John away from him, and his muscles tensed, making him fire off a round. Though he didn't aim it, the bullet flew past Smoke's head, too fast for him to follow it, and headed straight towards Apsalar's shoulder.

AninOnin

Newbie Prophet

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:25 pm

The doors of the slaughterhouse began making strange noises, and then what looked like blades cut through the surface of the steel doorrs. the metal was being cut away, and Hound while too busy with Hiccadu to notice had heard the sound and had no idea what it was. Then he heard a shout, "Come my brothers and sisters! I have opened the way." Hound looked out the corner of his eye at the doors and saw there was a hole in one with a chimera standing in it. Then a smell worse than sewage hit hound's nose and he started coughing.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:11 pm

Devon still lay on the ground during all the confusion. Blood was pouring out of him and he could feel himself getting weak. He had to chuckle. "Well, at least I know that chimera is strong" he said. He coughed up blood which stained his medical mask. He didn't have a chance to remove it from his face before he was attacked by Hiccadu. He mustered some strength and pulled the mask off his face. He then coughed some more. Would he die there? He was too weak to try and move. Hiccadu really took it out on him.

Eternal_PrinceOfFire

Dedicated Hunter

10,425 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Tycoon 200

Eloquent Elocutionist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:19 pm

Tobart had, as we all now know, fallen hard for Apsalar. She was beautiful, kind, wild, strong and courageous. It didn't matter that she couldn't speak well. It didn't matter that she had an unhealthy taste in carrion. All he knew was that he wanted to protect and provide for Apsalar as long as he lived (another reason to curse himself for trying to end his own life not minuets ago).

The shot painfully sounded, and an indescribable amount of things at the slaughterhouse happened. The bullet rocketed past the scientist who had oh so kindly begun the mayhem, ("Smoke!!" Lonomia hoarsely crowed in alarm), Chimera everywhere panicked somehow even more than they already were, and Tobart Jay shifted just so (with no time to spare) to shield the girl from the inevitable impact.

The Chimera screamed as the bullet penetrated, yet more of his blood being lost. It tore into his muscle and shattered the bone of his shoulder, but it didn't matter. His pangolin scales took most of the damage, sparing himself an exit wound through vital arteries and organs that would have no doubt tore through Apsalar.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:47 pm

((OOC: D8 Now I have to catch up.))

He had been quite right about one thing - Apsalar had not understood Tobart's words earlier. They had been too rushed, and she was too confused and in shock to try and break it down into understandable bits. Her name, yes. "Important", yes. The rest was lost. But since she understood "important", she had listened as best she could, staring back at him equally as intently.

Then a lot of things seemed to happen all at once, and Apsalar's cage was open. She clambered out, not noticing Tobart's offered hand - although she gave him a smile to show that she was happy he was alive. Her anger would have to wait.

Following John's lead, her wings opened. They hadn't done so in a long time, and she flinched painfully at the feeling. Her eyes went dark as soon as she spotted Jared, and she shifted to spring - only to have John get there first. But the fight was fairly even. She could help him. She needed to--

The gun went off, and before she even had a chance to react Tobart was in front of her.

Her arms came out in front of her, not really sure what she intended to do, and she supported him to keep him from falling. "Come," she said, not knowing the proper words. "Open." The door was open - at least it looked like it, all carved up. Holding onto Tobart, she moved towards the door.

Dark golden eyes focused briefly on Smoke and John. She needed to help her packmates (Smoke's actions had immediately landed him among 'her packmates'), but Tobart had been injured. Been injured trying to save her, whether she'd needed the saving or not. He had to come first.

She looked back at Lonomia. Making the universal come-on gesture with one hand, she called, "Come!" She would come back to help John and Smoke if she needed to - she hoped they would not need her - but Tobart (and anyone else who followed them) would have to come before them.

'Love' as a word was not something Apsalar understood, but she did understand and obey the driving, instinctive need to get her pack out of this hell.

She pulled Tobart towards the door as quickly as she could. "Hurt," she whispered, her hands gentle and sure as she guided him - ignoring the scent of blood only with great difficulty. It was hard, but she would not give in to it. They were her pack. She had to guard her pack. "Sorry. Tobart."

She wanted to look back again, see if anyone else was following to the door, but she didn't. There was no time. She'd come back if that was what she had to do.

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:04 pm

The figure at the door steped aside to allow the light from outside to shine in. In the process his form was revealed. He was a young man wearing white pants and a straight jacket. He had what looked long straight white feathers with black tips retracting up into his sleeves. The three most noticeable features he had were that he wore clean clothes that were in good condition, he smelled worse than rotting corpses, and he didn't have a single scratch or bruise of scar on him. It was as if he'd came from outside the slaughter house. The truth was, he had.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:15 pm

Apsalar had caught him. This was more contact than the two had ever been able to have. Tobart smiled. Why was she apologizing? She would have done the same thing for him. Only she probably wouldn't have survived, which is why it had to be him who was shot. "John..." Tobart mumbled as the pair limped past the distraught Chimera. "John!" he called, not wanting to leave him behind. "Bring Panther and come!" even though she would slow them down, even though she was dead and it didn't matter, Tobart felt something needed to be done to respect her. They couldn't just leave her body in this place; she needed to be free, like they were all going to be. Just a little further...

He could see the outside through the door. The light hurt his eyes a bit, but he did not close them, even as fresh tears began to fall.

---

The vulture girl - Apsalar, was her name? - motioned for him to come. He started to follow, but came to a quick halt. "Smoke!" he said aloud and dashed to their ally. The boy yanked on the scientist's coat. "Come! Come!" he pleaded, pulling him toward the opening and avoiding making contact with his skin.

Eloquent Elocutionist

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:44 pm

Apsalar looked up alertly as Tobart spoke. "Panther," she muttered aloud as though just remembering. So much had been going on...

Her eyes turned to John, still fighting Jared for control as far as she could see. "Go back," she told Tobart quietly. "Me. Get..." she gestured to the door. "You first."

She would get Tobart out and then come back to help John. Tobart had to come first, but John might need help to turn the tide against their first and oldest tormentor.

Though she wanted to stop, to help John and gather Smoke, Lonomia and the others, she knew there was no time. She had, had, had to get Tobart out first. With guiding hands, she led him to the door.

"Step," was all she said. Once he stepped outside, she'd have to leave him for a bit. She would entrust him into the hands of this other Chimera, at least for a little while. The others were still in there. And she could not leave her pack alone.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:45 pm

Smoke felt the tugging on his white coat and cursed Jared. "You go, I'll be right after," he promised, starting towards the wrestlers, keeping his gun pointed at the floor, ready to aim up and shoot at a moment's notice. "Get the rest of them out of here."

When Smoke reached the two, John had been sent sprawling against the floor, his lip bloodied from a savage backhand from Jared's handgun. "Get out of here!"

Jared lunged for Smoke, handgun forgotten in his red rage. His peripherals went dark, focusing his entire being into destroying Smoke, the traitor. The two men went to the floor, knocking over a desk with a crash, fists and limbs flying as they each sought the upper-hand.

John scrambled to his feet, thinking nothing, acting on instinct and the command to obey. He gathered up Panther's limp, surprisingly light form, sheets and all. It felt wrong to sling her over his back, so he carried her in his arms.

It's like carrying a borrowed bride out of a morgue... The white sheets drifted in the air and trickled along his skin, making him shiver. He held his tears though, for the time for grieving was not now.

He shifted Panther's weight and then headed for... Where?

Smoke had been pinned underneath Jared's weight, and he couldn't protect himself with gravity working against him as well. Jared put hands around Smoke's neck, tightening and squeezing, but Smoke could do nothing to prevent it. The grip was too tight. His peripherals were fading from vision, and pinpricks of darkness were taking over his mid-sight.

He stopped trying to take Jared's fingers away from his neck and flailed, looking for his cell phone that he had dropped during the struggle.

Smoke could see it was only a few inches short of his left hand, and Jared hadn't noticed yet...

His limbs grew weaker, until he couldn't feel himself reaching for the phone-turned-detonator anymore.

AninOnin

Newbie Prophet

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:55 pm

Apsalar breathed her relief and waved John in their direction. "Hurry!" she called to him. Then she spotted Smoke and Jared, now battling on the floor. What was he--

As she looked, Jared gained the upper hand. Her eyes went so wide that white could be seen all around, and then narrowed, went dark.

NO.

She gently, very gently, leaned Tobart against the open door so that the other Chimera could reach him without coming in. Then she went running towards them.

Her intention, oddly enough, was not to harm Jared. It was simply to save Smoke, a packmate, the only one who had tried to help them. With the added burst of speed coming from her incentive, she was crossing the floor at full-speed, and lunged for Jared. She had to get him off Smoke.

Distract him. Whether she could take him or not was debatable, but she had to get Smoke free. Though she'd noted the cell phone on the floor, she had no idea that Smoke wanted it - or why.

She hurled herself forward, and she was leading with teeth and claws.
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games