Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Staff Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:07 am
User Image
User Image

---------Can you feel the Magic
--------Can you hear the Love
-----Can you be the one for me?

══════════════════════════════╝

Lukas chuckled at the woman's response. "Yes, that is my nephew Austin, the music genius. He is rather talented, especially at the piano." He said with a smile. He looked at the woman. I wonder how far along he is in the book. he thought as he glanced down the tables to his nephew. "It seems he is enjoying my book." he said with a chuckle.

╔═══════════════════════════
Will I feel the Magic---------
Will I hear the Love--------
Can I be the one for you?-----

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:13 am
User Image
User Image
Sandra Link
World Studies Professor
Former Hufflepuff
User Image

Location: Staff Table with Lukas, Allen, and many other professors.
Thoughts: He seems nice...
OOC:

Sandra giggled for minute and looked down towards Austin to see if he was still reading the book. She wondered why the boy had never talked to her so she just guessed it was because his nose was stuck in the large book.

"Wow piano, I love piano,"she said with a bright smile and thought of her mother for a minute."My mother used to play for me when I was young,"she said a little dull for her perky personality.

Sandra quickly snapped out of her funk again on her mother and gave her attention back to Lukas. She gave him a smile again before looking down at her lesson plans quickly again.

User Image

User Image

User Image

xXmoonlight_madnessXx

Dapper Noob

2,650 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

MagicalJediGirl146

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:23 am
Professor Aria Waters: Former Ravenclaw: Music Teacher

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Aria was very excited. She was happy the school year started up. She couldn't wait to teach new students and say hello to older ones. I have a feeling that this is going to be a very good school year, she thouht happily.

Age: 24 years | Relationship Status: Single | Location: The Staff Table in the Great Hall
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Out Of Class: ((X))

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:13 am
User Image

Regret ☂ Owens
Divinations Professor

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

Regret only stared at Amata, slightly flabbergasted and in awe. "Every single book?" he asked, just to be sure he heard everything right. By the sound of it, Amata must've had thousands of books. Every single title? That sounded impossible.

"That sounds good," Regret said. Simple or detailed, a visit to the forest was still a visit. Knowing a little about this part of the forest was better than knowing nothing.

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

ndure through the pain, to be rewarded with a gain.

User Image

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:43 am
User Image
Cinq Moreau
User Image
Ghost and Ghouls Study Professor
Flying Substitute Professor
Former Hufflepuff

╔════════════════════════════════════╗

Cinq stepped back, not wanting to get hit. Kendrick seemed to be more... relaxed. He was glad, but slightly speechless at how the professor of Wizard Law reacted. "You're welcome..?" Truthfully, Cinq expected a wand to be shoved into his face followed by a "Do-Not-Scare-Me" look. But this worked too.

"I spent my entire summer with my girls. And maybe aiding the wife's shop," he answered, sitting down on the chair. "How about yours? And I'll be teaching both, actually." He was more than excited about his classes. Though the school has yet to find a suitable flying teacher, so he'll have to be the substitute again. Besides, he was sure that only a handful of students chose Ghost and Ghoul Studies as a class so he can handle both.

╚════════════════════════════════════╝

"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
~Amelia Earhart

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:07 am
User Image

User Image
Wizard Law
Former Ravenclaw

"Wonderful." Kendrick nodded, pleased to have someone he... well, sort of knew to speak with. "I've been busy going through old case files and the like. Can't say I'm entirely glad to be back, it was gripping stuff," he said.

He picked up his book, making sure he hadn't gotten anything on it. "Both? Busy man. Will you have time for anything else?" Kendrick asked. He wasn't sure how many law students he could expect this year, and after having half his student body completely bail on him last year... He wasn't quite looking forward to finding out.

AJKline

Hallowed Hunter

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:58 pm
Amata Harlowe
Professor of Mythology // Great Hall // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // Regret Owens & other professors
CURRENTLY FEELING // Nervous
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I hope the sorting starts soon...'
═════════════════════════════════

User Image

Amata blushed a little at his gaping. She supposed it sounded odd; but, it was a simple gift she'd always had, for some reason. She nodded a little, her blush deepening. "Yes, every book... provided that it's one I bothered to read. My father... well, he is a muggle, so of course any magical text fascinates him. So, he'll buy me a book every time he goes to Diagon Alley with my mother. And often they're just silly little things... I think I own every one of Gilderoy Lockhart's ridiculous books because he's bought them for me. I couldn't tell you where those are; I don't really care. But, anything I've read, even once, I know exactly where it is in my home because I can recall exactly where I was when I finished reading it." She made a mental note to herself to ask her mother to stop by her home and pick up the book on her table... hopefully she'd get it before she actually got to the stories. And hopefully her mother would have the sense to go alone. Her father might try to organize things...

Amata smiled and nodded about their trip to the forest. "We can make a day of it; some weekend, we'll pack a basket and have a picnic. I know the perfect place." She made a mental note to try and do a little exploring beforehand, and to stop by a certain hollow... to reacquaint herself.

(( OOC: ))
So, the fiancee is in town, I won't be on as much. I'll probably only post a couple times a day until he goes home, unless I have to be on more for something.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:24 pm
User Image
Cinq Moreau
User Image
Former Hufflepuff

"Old case files?" Cinq repeated. "What kind of cases?" Politics didn't excite Cinq as much as seeing Kenny among the other unfamiliar professors, though he was interested, after spending some time catching up on recent events.

"I believe I do," Cinq answered. "Flying is only one block period and not many people are taking Ghost and Ghouls Studies. Though my main concern is keeping the First Years safe. I heard that there were more people enrolled than the previous years." What would the numbers be? Forty kids against one Cinq? Something was bound to go wrong.

~Amelia Earhart

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:34 pm
User Image

Regret ☂ Owens
Divinations Professor

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

"That is amazing," Regret commented. "I had to come up with my own system of organizing my books, or else I'll never find it once I put it down." Everything was neatly put on each shelf. The tomes and scrolls were separated by color and subject, then listed in an alphabetical order based on the author's initials. It would seem complicated, but it made perfect sense to Regret. Yeah, he may be a neat-freak.

"That sounds wonderful!" Though a picnic sounded like a "date" from cheesy romance novels.

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:46 pm
User Image

User Image
Wizard Law
Former Ravenclaw

"Oh, old stuff," Kendrick said brusquely. "Wizengamot files from aeons ago, digging up cases the younger generations might still remember. I've been trying to revamp my lesson plan, in the event that students actually want to learn something useful."

Kendrick smiled grimly. "I certainly don't envy you for having to deal with the youngers. I'm rather glad I only get them third year and up." If he got them at all. "More students? Hm. I suppose we were due for a population boom eventually," he guessed, shrugging.

AJKline

Hallowed Hunter

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:26 pm
Amata Harlowe
CURRENTLY FEELING // Nervous
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I hope the sorting starts soon...'

User Image

Amata smiled. "My father tried for years to get me to try alphabetizing, or somehow organizing, my things. But it never stuck. I have at least four bookshelves in each room in my house that he meant to house my books, but instead I use for decorating. I just can't stand for my things to be organized... I don't know why. And it drives him crazy." She actually had started using the shelves to house her trinkets and decorations after her father had gotten his feelings hurt upon realizing they were all in a spare room in her home, collecting dust. She'd arranged them about the house and started placing all her little knick knacks and things on them. And she certainly had enough.

She took another sip of her drink, then tapped her chin, thinking. "I don't think this weekend would be good, since I'm sure we'll be busy with lessons and all, what with it being the first week of classes. But maybe in a couple of weeks, when things have slowed down?" That would give her plenty of time to check out the forest and try and find all her old favorite spots. She was sure things had changed a little; but, she hoped it wasn't too much. She'd hate to get them lost.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:14 pm
User Image
Cinq Moreau
User Image
Former Hufflepuff

Cinq chuckled a bit at Kendrick's last statement. "When is a student not want to learn something useful?" Of course, a student may think that a subject is worthless. However, you never know when a piece of information will be used until you use it later on. So to Cinq, everything is useful.

"Maybe I should try going commando on them?" Cinq joked. Based on last year's performance, his teaching style seemed to work. But maybe he was just lucky with a group of first years who were willing to listen and obey the rules. "If this continues, maybe in ten years, we'll have 200 first years. That'll be fun," he said. It would be more of a headache than fun though. Could his health handle that much pressure? He wasn't sure.

~Amelia Earhart

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:23 pm
User Image

Regret ☂ Owens
Divinations Professor

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

"I can't understand him a bit," Regret chuckled. "And that is a lot of baubles." Four bookshelves-full of trinkets? How many does that make? If it was arranged four per shelve, and each bookcases had five shelves, then that's already twenty. Assuming that Amata's home had three rooms, that's twelve bookshelves. Two hundred and four trinkets. Wow, that was a lot.

"Of course," Regret agreed. "In a month or so, when the season of autumn paints each leaves a beautiful shade of red, orange, and yellow." He paused a bit, then added, "Honestly, I don't even know what I'll be teaching the first day of class." Regret had been too focused on his books to develop anything but the lesson plans. But he didn't worry too much, since he knew he could get everything together in a day or two.

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:47 pm
User Image

User Image
Wizard Law
Former Ravenclaw

Kendrick shook his head, rubbing the back of his neck. "I thought the goal was to keep them safe, Cinq?" He grinned awkwardly, still not used to the biggish crowd in the Great Hall. "But, who am I to tell you how to teach. I think even you might need some help against a giant horde of them, though."

Kendrick thought briefly on what would happen to the school if that many children arrived. 200 eleven year olds, just learning to control their magic, running rampant through the halls? The potential for injury, disaster, hilarity, and all-around unpleasantness increased exponentially with each new head added.

AJKline

Hallowed Hunter

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:38 pm
Amata Harlowe
CURRENTLY FEELING // Relaxed
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I wonder if this is going to be like a date...'

User Image

Amata laughed a little. She did have a lot of... what had he called them? Baubles? She'd always heard that associated with jewelry, not decorations and trinkets, but she supposed it fit. "I have a bit of an obsession with gifts... it's part of the reason I didn't want you to buy my lunch the other day. I've been trying not to allow other people to buy me things or spend any money on me. I'm trying to get over my... what's the word? Acquisitiveness. My 'baubles' are a testament to just how bad a problem I have. I have hundreds of little glass figures and marble statuettes and things. Almost none of which I bought for myself. Most of them were from my parents, but a few were from friends who would buy them on vacation, and say 'I got this for you; I know how much you love things like this.'" She took another drink, then shook her head at own silliness again, smiling.

As he described the colors of the leaves, Amata inclined her head, smiling. To be honest, when he said it like that, it sounded like a date. She hadn't really intended it to be one, but she couldn't say she was opposed to the notion. She supposed that, with her mentioning the picnic, it probably seemed to him like she had wanted it to be a date. Her reasoning had been that, even with how small the bit of forest she knew was, it would still take a few hours to explore it all. And, if they were lucky, they would have a guide to show them even more of the forest than she knew. So they were bound to be there for at least half a day, and walking the woods was exhausting, and they would almost certainly get hungry. But, if he wanted to make it a date... she couldn't find a reason to insist that it wasn't one. "That sounds lovely." At his comment about the first day of lessons, she laughed again, this one louder, the bell-like laugh he'd heard at Hogsmeade, and nodded a little. "I haven't really planned mine, either; I know my subject matter well enough that I figured that I would just wing it with most of the lecture. I mean, I have a basic set of notes so that I don't forget anything important, but it's not very structured. I don't do well with structure." She blushed a little with the last bit. Honestly, she was worried that her disorganization would cause problems with the lessons, but she hadn't been able to make herself plan anything out. It just wasn't in her nature.

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games