Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 12. ✿ - - - Journal Writings
Life is like unicorn poop: colorful and messy. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:25 pm
-Whimsical Stardust-
*hugs* It's been nice catching up with what you've been up to. I'm glad your grandpa is doing better and you and Nick are well. I fully accept any and all dope slaps you wish to give me for my absence on Gaia. I just wasn't feeling into it. I'm going to try and make an effort to be around more from now on. Love you lots.

smile

Consider yourself yelled at (the whole "where the hell.were you do you know.or even care how worried.I've been" thing).

Posting from a phone.sucks... :bug: welcome back.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:20 pm
I did yell at her for not posting that often. I did. Honest.

I'm really glad your grandpa is feeling better! How did Thanksgiving go? Did you have to see the horror parents?

Yay on you and Nick getting along well, and I am so not surprised you aren't the only one on gaia in a relationship like yours. I'm really intrigued in hearing their stories.

STORIES OF PEOPLE ARE AWESOME TO READ! I SHOULD FIND MORE JOURNALS!

Digital Fiend

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:13 am
Digital Fiend
I did yell at her for not posting that often. I did. Honest.

I'm really glad your grandpa is feeling better! How did Thanksgiving go? Did you have to see the horror parents?

Yay on you and Nick getting along well, and I am so not surprised you aren't the only one on gaia in a relationship like yours. I'm really intrigued in hearing their stories.

STORIES OF PEOPLE ARE AWESOME TO READ! I SHOULD FIND MORE JOURNALS!

I really should get better about posting updates, shouldn't I...

Thanksgiving was as unpleasant as expected. Fortunately for.me.there was no.need.to stay overnight or you'd have seen reports of a house fire on TV with a madwoman singing and cavorting around.the conflagration.

Grandpa came this close to giving us away! My mother was bitching about me not having a job and mooching off my poor.Grandfather (her words) and Grandpa pipes up - completetly straight faced! - around a mouthful of pie:

"Well, we could always have Nick get her pregnant so she can start collecting welfare... I could use the food stamps."

I almost spewed my Coke from laughter. My father turned a very unbecoming shade of magenta, and my mother started sputtering and trying to explain that that was a horrible sin to even joke about and bla bla bla.

We didn't stay too long after dinner ended.

Nick's Thanksgiving seems to have gone well. His Mom amd stepdad are thinking of fostering a kid or two. That would be nice.

He's been acting a little.weird though. I think he got me a Christmas present already and is trying to not blurt it our too soon.

Oh. I think I know what it is! A new laptop! Mine is on the way out, the wifi card died. I'm posting from my phone.lately, and it shows.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:21 am
Your grandpa is just awesome. I'm so glad he's okay!

Your parents are a sin.

Digital Fiend

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200

The_9th_Doctors_Rose
Crew

Doting Sweetheart

12,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:41 am

OH MY GODS! First of all... the bit about a madwoman dancing around the conflagration just made me laugh so hard... then I got to the part about your grandfather talking about you and Nick and I nearly fell out of my chair... its really not funny... not really... but it is at the same time. I can just imagine the looks on their faces. Glad things went okay otherwise. OOOH Christmas Gifts are good! Hopefully that's why he's acting wierd. A new laptop would be FANTASTIC! <3  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:11 pm
Nick's Mom and stepfather are applying to become foster parents. They're preparing a bedroom in expectation of approval so Nick has been there this week to help out.

Two days ago Nick texted me that his Mom wants to meet me. What he STILL hasn't told me is in what role... as his sister? or his girlfriend? He's being really evasive about it...

He's due back Sunday afternoon if the weather permits.  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

Digital Fiend

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:31 pm
I'm on the edge of my seat wondering.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:14 pm
Digital Fiend
-Whimsical Stardust-

Well, now that I've had a few hours to calm down and digest everything... *guzzles Pepto-Bismol* I can put things down in some semblance of order.

Apparently Nick's Mom (from here on referred to as Natalia) already suspected something was going on between us. From what he managed to explain, she started putting two and two together when he never mentioned any other girls in his emails and calls.

So, at some point she was asking him some questions, all casual-like, and with the last one (whether I had a certain birthmark) his answer gave us away. He says she turned all sorts of colors and didn't speak to him again until the next day, when she said she wants to meet me. As in, go over there for Christmas.

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

Digital Fiend

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:33 am
Well, I mean, it's not like you guys aren't together. I hope that she treats you with respect and the best possible outcome happens.

Above all, I hope that Nick sticks by you. heart

I mean, if you're going. Are you going?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:22 pm
Digital Fiend
Well, I mean, it's not like you guys aren't together. I hope that she treats you with respect and the best possible outcome happens.

Above all, I hope that Nick sticks by you. heart

I mean, if you're going. Are you going?

Yeah, might as well bite the bullet. I mean, Grandpa put two and two together and he was okay with us being a couple. I don't really know if he thought it would last, but so far we're a loving if unconventional litte family.

So, I'm off to P-burg Monday to meet my boyfriend's mom. I just hope Natalia likes me. I guess the sleeping arrangements will tell me?  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

Digital Fiend

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:51 pm
Hehehe, that last sentence made me laugh more than it probably should.

I'm rooting for you guys! I hope she's cool with it.

Also, Happy Solstice!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:52 am
Digital Fiend
Hehehe, that last sentence made me laugh more than it probably should.

I'm rooting for you guys! I hope she's cool with it.

Also, Happy Solstice!

Thanks, Happy Solstice to you too emotion_hug and a Merry Yule as well.

It's OK if you laughed. I try to make myself laugh, it helps with dealing with the stress.  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:36 pm
Well, that was an interesting experience... I'm pretty sure Nick is still processing the whole trip. I know I was, that's why I took so long to post this.

We got to P-burg last Monday night and introductions were made. Since Natalia and her husband Frank. were decorating their tree, we got to pitch in. I got placed in the hopefully- soon-to-be-occupied other room, and Nick slept in his room, alone.

Tuesday, Christmas Eve, there was a lot of baking going on. Natalia had me assisting her and sent the men on a "supply run"; I can tell when someone's getting rid of witnesses, dammit!

After a while she finally asked me "Wasn't there anyone else?"

I just said "Did you ask Nick that, too, or are you blaming me for everything?"

That shut her up for a while before she started up again, saying that it wasn't fair to either of us, that we should think about the future, what if either of us wanted to have kids, and so on, so forth. I just let her talk herself out.

Once she finished her rambling I told her that no, it's not fair to anyone but guess what, life isn't fair. If my a*****e father hadn't kept her and Nick a secret from the rest of us this might never have happened, but it did, and we're dealing with it the only way we can, and whether there is a future for us or not, it's for us to decide.

What really shocked her was finding out Grandpa knew about it and not only didn't condemn it, he's been the only person who cares about us enough to want us to be happy instead of judging us.

She didn't bring the topic up again for the rest of the day, which I was thankful for. Especially since they insisted we go to Midnight Mass, which I put up with for Nick's sake. (I wonder if Natalia was hoping lightning would strike me? But if that were the case, Nick would fry, too, so she was probably praying nothing would happen.)

Christmas Day we spent visiting. I was repeatedly introduced as Nick's sister - and it bugged me. I mean it really, seriously irritated me that Natalia insisted on calling me his sister. With that little emphasis.

Christmas dinner was with Frank's side of the family, and those people were just the nicest. Then again, they don't know about our relationship.

The day after Christmas was a little less tense. I'm pretty sure Nick and Natalia were arguing about his relationship with me at some point but I decided to ignore everything around me unless someone actually pulled me into the discussion. Since nobody did, I went on pretending ignorance.

Now, I'm not saying Natalia's a bad person. She's not. She's a lot more open-minded than my own mother, and openly admitted that giving up on my father was the best thing she ever did for both Nick and herself. She's just... well, having a hard time with the revelation of our incest. I think it helps that she didn't know me when I was growing up.

I have no idea whether Frank knows anything. He was polite and a little bit detached but nothing I wouldn't expect from someone I've just met whose house I'm staying in. I did see a little bit of tension between Nick and Frank but I don't think it's anything except the usual stepfather-stepson friction.

We came back on the 27th. Grandpa did fine in our absence, and he looked a lot more cheerful than usual. I'm thinking his girlfriend stayed over, but I won't swear to it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:33 pm
I worry about Grandpa. This recent weather has,kept him from.going out and about as usual (doctor's orders!) and he looks kind of blue.

Nick has been a little.less affectionate since we got back from visiting his mom.

At least my Grumpy Little Tiger is his usual self.  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500