Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
The Kings James Bible (1611) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:44 am
Psalms
Chapter 93
Viewing the original 1611 KJV

1 The Lord reigneth, he is clothed with Maiestie, the Lord is clothed with strength, wherewith hee hath girded himselfe: the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moued.

2 Thy throne is established of old: thou art from euerlasting.

3 The floods haue lifted vp, O Lord, the floods haue lifted vp their voice: the floods lift vp their waues.

4 The Lord on high is mightier then the noise of many waters, yea then the mightie waues of the Sea.

5 Thy testimonies are very sure: holinesse becommeth thine house, O Lord, for euer.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:59 am
Psalms
Chapter 94

1 O Lord God, to whome vengeance belongeth: O God to whome vengeance belongeth, shew thy selfe.

2 Lift vp thy selfe, thou iudge of the earth: render a reward to the proud.

3 Lord, how long shall the wicked? how long shall the wicked triumph?

4 How long shal they vtter, and speake hard things? and all the workers of iniquitie boast themselues?

5 They breake in pieces thy people, O Lord: and afflict thine heritage.

6 They slay the widowe and the stranger: and murder the fatherlesse.

7 Yet they say, The Lord shall not see: neither shall the God of Iacob regard it.

8 Understand, yee brutish among the people: and ye fooles, when will ye be wise?

9 He that planted the eare, shall he not heare? he that formed the eye, shall he not see?

10 He that chastiseth the heathen, shall not he correct? hee that teacheth man knowledge, shall not he know?

11 The Lord knoweth the thoughts of man: that they are vanitie.

12 Blessed is the man whome thou chastenest, O Lord: and teachest him out of thy Law:

13 That thou mayest giue him rest from the dayes of aduersitie: vntill the pit be digged for the wicked.

14 For the Lord will not cast off his people: neither will he forsake his inheritance.

15 But iudgement shall returne vnto righteousnesse: and all the vpright in heart shall follow it.

16 Who will rise vp for mee against the euill doers? or who will stand vp for me against the workers of iniquitie?

17 Unlesse the Lord had bene my helpe: my soule had almost dwelt in silence.

18 When I said, My foote slippeth: thy mercie, O Lord, held me vp.

19 In the multitude of my thoughts within me, thy comforts delight my soule.

20 Shal the throne of iniquitie haue fellowship with thee: which frameth mischiefe by a lawe?

21 They gather themselues together against the soule of the righteous: and condemne the innocent blood.

22 But the Lord is my defence: and my God is the rocke of my refuge.

23 And hee shall bring vpon them their owne iniquitie, and shall cut them off in their owne wickednesse: yea the Lord our God shall cut them off.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:42 am
Psalms
Chapter 95

1 O come, let vs sing vnto the Lord: let vs make a ioyfull noise to the rocke of our saluation.

2 Let vs come before his presence with thanksgiuing: and make a ioyfull noise vnto him with psalmes.

3 For the Lord is a great God: and a great king aboue all Gods.

4 In his hand are the deepe places of the earth: the strength of the hilles is his also.

5 The sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land.

6 O come, let vs worship and bowe downe: let vs kneele before the Lord our maker.

7 For he is our God, and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheepe of his hand: to day if yee will heare his voyce,

8 Harden not your heart, as in the prouocation: and as in the day of temptation, in the wildernesse:

9 When your fathers tempted me: proued me, and sawe my worke.

10 Fortie yeeres long was I grieued with this generation: and sayd, It is a people that doe erre in their heart: and they haue not knowen my wayes.

11 Unto whom I sware in my wrath: that they should not enter into my rest.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:11 am
Psalms
Chapter 96

1 O sing vnto the Lord a new song: sing vnto the Lord all the earth.

2 Sing vnto the Lord, blesse his name: shew forth his saluation from day to day.

3 Declare his glory among the heathen: his wonders among all people.

4 For the Lord is great, and greatly to be praised: hee is to be feared aboue all Gods.

5 For all the gods of the nations are idoles: but the Lord made the heauens.

6 Honour and maiestie are before him: strength and beauty are in his sanctuary.

7 Giue vnto the Lord (O yee kinreds of the people:.) giue vnto the Lord glory and strength.

8 Giue vnto the Lord the glory due vnto his name: bring an offering, and come into his courts.

9 O worship the Lord, in the beautie of holinesse: feare before him all the earth.

10 Say among the heathen, that the Lord reigneth: the world also shalbe established that it shall not be moued: he shall iudge the people righteously.

11 Let the heauens reioyce, and let the earth be glad: let the sea roare, and the fulnesse thereof.

12 Let the field be ioyfull, and all that is therein: then shall all the trees of the wood reioyce

13 Before the Lord, for hee commeth, for hee commeth to iudge the earth: hee shall iudge the world with righteousnesse, and the people with his trueth.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:16 am
Psalms
Chapter 97

1 The Lord raigneth, let the earth reioyce: let the multitude of Isles bee glad thereof.

2 Clouds and darkenesse are round about him: righteousnesse and iudgement are the habitation of his throne.

3 A fire goeth before him: and burneth vp his enemies round about.

4 His lightnings inlightned the world: the earth sawe, and trembled.

5 The hilles melted like waxe at the presence of the Lord: at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.

6 The heauens declare his righteousnesse: and all the people see his glory.

7 Confounded be all they that serue grauen images, that boast themselues of idoles: worship him all yee gods.

8 Sion heard, and was glad, and the daughters of Iudah reioyced: because of thy iudgements, O Lord.

9 For thou, Lord, art high aboue all the earth: thou art exalted farre aboue all gods.

10 Yee that loue the Lord, hate euil; hee preserueth the soules of his Saints: hee deliuereth them out of the hand of the wicked.

11 Light is sowen for the righteous: and gladnesse for the vpright in heart.

12 Reioyce in the Lord, ye righteous: and giue thanks at the remembrance of his holinesse.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:06 am
Psalms
Chapter 98

1 A Psalme. O sing vnto the Lord a New song, for hee hath done marueilous things: his right hand, and his holy arme hath gotten him the victorie.

2 The Lord hath made knowen his saluation: his righteousnesse hath hee openly shewed in the sight of the heathen.

3 Hee hath remembred his mercie and his trueth toward the house of Israel: all the ends of the earth haue seene the saluation of our God.

4 Make a ioyfull noise vnto the Lord, all the earth: make a lowd noise, and reioyce, and sing praise.

5 Sing vnto the Lord with the harpe: with the harpe, and the voice of a Psalme.

6 With trumpets and sound of cornet: make a ioyfull noise before the Lord, the King.

7 Let the sea roare, and the fulnesse thereof: the world, and they that dwell therein.

8 Let the floods clap their handes: let the hilles be ioyfull together

9 Before the Lord, for he commeth to iudge the earth: with righteousnesse shall hee iudge the world, and the people with equitie.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:20 am
Psalms
Chapter 99

1 The Lord raigneth, let the people tremble: he sitteth betweene the Cherubims, let the earth bee mooued.

2 The Lord is great in Zion: and he is high aboue all people.

3 Let them praise thy great and terrible Name: for it is holy.

4 The Kings strength also loueth iudgement, thou doest establish equitie: thou executest iudgement and righteousnes in Iacob.

5 Exalt yee the Lord our God, and worship at his footstoole: for he is holy.

6 Moses and Aaron among his Priests, and Samuel among them that call vpon his Name: they called vpon the Lord, and he answered them.

7 He spake vnto them in the cloudie pillar: they kept his Testimonies, and the Ordinance that he gaue them.

8 Thou answeredst them, O Lord our God: thou wast a God that forgauest them, though thou tookest vengeance of their inuentions.

9 Exalt the Lord our God, and worship at his holy hill: for the Lord our God is holy.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:32 am
Psalms
Chapter 100

1 A Psalme of praise. Make a ioyfull noise vnto the Lord, all ye lands.

2 Serue the Lord with gladnes: come before his presence with singing.

3 Know ye that the Lord, hee is God, it is he that hath made vs, and not we our selues: wee are his people, and the sheepe of his pasture.

4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiuing, and into his Courts with praise: bee thankfull vnto him, and blesse his Name.

5 For the Lord is good, his mercy is euerlasting: and his trueth endureth to all generations.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:37 am
Psalms
Chapter 101

1 A Psalme of Dauid. I will sing of Mercie and Iudgement: vnto thee, O Lord, wil I sing.

2 I will behaue my selfe wisely in a perfect way, O when wilt thou come vnto me? I will walke within my house with a perfect heart.

3 I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the worke of them that turne aside, it shal not cleaue to me.

4 A froward heart shall depart from me, I will not knowe a wicked person.

5 Whoso priuily slandereth his neighbour, him will I cut off: him that hath an high looke, and a proud heart, will not I suffer.

6 Mine eyes shall be vpon the faithfull of the land, that they may dwell with me: he that walketh in a perfect way, he shall serue me.

7 He that worketh deceit, shall not dwell within my house: he that telleth lies shall not tarie in my sight.

8 I will earely destroy all the wicked of the land: that I may cut off all wicked doers from the citie of the Lord.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:21 am
Psalms
Chapter 102

1 A prayer of the afflicted when he is ouerwhelmed, and powreth out his complaint before the Lord. Heare my prayer, O Lord: and let my crie come vnto thee.

2 Hide not thy face from me in the day when I am in trouble, incline thine eare vnto me: in the day when I call, answere mee speedily.

3 For my dayes are consumed like smoke: and my bones are burnt as an hearth.

4 My heart is smitten, and withered like grasse: so that I forget to eate my bread.

5 By reason of the voice of my groning, my bones cleaue to my skinne.

6 I am like a Pelican of the wildernes: I am like an owle of the desert.

7 I watch, and am as a sparowe alone vpon the house top.

8 Mine enemies reproch me all the day: and they that are mad against me, are sworne against me.

9 For I haue eaten ashes like bread: and mingled my drinke with weeping.

10 Because of thine indignation and thy wrath: for thou hast lifted me vp, and cast me downe.

11 My dayes are like a shadow, that declineth: & I am withered like grasse.

12 But thou, O Lord, shalt endure for euer: and thy remembrance vnto all generations.

13 Thou shalt arise, and haue mercie vpon Zion: for the time to fauour her, yea the set time is come.

14 For thy seruants take pleasure in her stones: and fauour the dust therof.

15 So the heathen shall feare the Name of the Lord: and all the kings of the earth thy glory.

16 When the Lord shall build vp Zion: he shall appeare in his glory.

17 He will regard the prayer of the destitute, and not despise their prayer.

18 This shall be written for the generation to come: and the people which shall be created, shall praise the Lord.

19 For hee hath looked downe from the height of his Sanctuarie: from heauen did the Lord beholde the earth:

20 To heare the groning of the prisoner: to loose those that are appointed to death:

21 To declare the Name of the Lord in Zion: and his praise in Ierusalem:

22 When the people are gathered together: and the kingdomes to serue the Lord.

23 He weakened my strength in the way: he shortened my dayes.

24 I said, O my God, take me not away in the midst of my dayes: thy yeres are throughout all generations.

25 Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heauens are the worke of thy hands.

26 They shall perish, but thou shalt indure, yea all of them shall waxe old like a garment: as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shalbe changed.

27 But thou art the same: and thy yeeres shall haue no end.

28 The children of thy seruants shal continue: and their seed shall be established before thee.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:41 am
Psalms
Chapter 103

1 A Psalme of Dauid. Blesse the Lord, O my soule: and all that is within me, blesse his holy Name.

2 Blesse the Lord, O my soule: & forget not all his benefits.

3 Who forgiueth all thine iniquities: who healeth all thy diseases.

4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction: who crowneth thee with louing kindnesse and tender mercies.

5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things: so that thy youth is renewed like the Eagles.

6 The Lord executeth righteousnesse: and iudgement for all that are oppressed.

7 He made knowen his wayes vnto Moses: his actes vnto the children of Israel.

8 The Lord is mercifull and gracious: slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.

9 Hee will not alwayes chide: neither will he keepe his anger for euer.

10 Hee hath not dealt with vs after our sinnes: nor rewarded vs according to our iniquities.

11 For as the heauen is high aboue the earth: so great is his mercy toward them that feare him.

12 As farre as the East is from the West: so farre hath hee remooued our transgressions from vs.

13 Like as a father pitieth his children: so the Lord pitieth them that feare him.

14 For he knoweth our frame: hee remembreth that we are dust.

15 As for man, his dayes are as grasse: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth.

16 For the winde passeth ouer it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more.

17 But the mercy of the Lord is from euerlasting to euerlasting vpon them that feare him: and his righteousnesse vnto childrens children:

18 To such as keepe his couenant: and to those that remember his commandements to doe them.

19 The Lord hath prepared his throne in the heauens: and his kingdome ruleth ouer all.

20 Blesse the Lord yee his Angels, that excell in strength, that do his commandements: hearkening vnto the voice of his word.

21 Blesse ye the Lord all yee his hostes: ye ministers of his that doe his pleasure.

22 Blesse the Lord all his works in all places of his dominion: blesse the Lord, O my soule.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:29 am
Psalms
Chapter 104

1 Blesse the Lord, O my soule, O Lord my God, thou art very great: thou art clothed with honour and maiestie.

2 Who couerest thy selfe with light, as with a garment: who stretchest out the heauens like a curtaine.

3 Who layeth the beames of his chambers in the waters, who maketh the cloudes his charet: who walketh vpon the wings of the wind.

4 Who maketh his Angels spirits: his ministers a flaming fire.

5 Who laid the foundations of the earth: that it should not be remoued for euer.

6 Thou coueredst it with the deepe as with a garment: the waters stood aboue the mountaines.

7 At thy rebuke they fled: at the voice of thy thunder they hasted away.

8 They go vp by the mountaines: they goe downe by the valleys vnto the place which thou hast founded for them.

9 Thou hast set a bound that they may not passe ouer: that they turne not againe to couer the earth.

10 He sendeth the springs into the valleys: which runne among the hilles.

11 They giue drinke to euery beast of the field: the wild asses quench their thirst.

12 By them shall the foules of the heauen haue their habitation: which sing among the branches.

13 He watereth the hilles from his chambers: the earth is satisfied with the fruit of thy workes.

14 He causeth the grasse to grow for the cattell, and herbe for the seruice of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth:

15 And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oile to make his face to shine: and bread which strengtheneth mans heart.

16 The trees of the Lord are full of sappe: the cedars of Lebanon which he hath planted.

17 Where the birds make their nests: as for the Storke, the firre trees are her house.

18 The hie hilles are a refuge for the wilde goates: and the rockes for the conies.

19 He appointed the moone for seasons; the sunne knoweth his going downe.

20 Thou makest darknesse, and it is night: wherein all the beasts of the forrest doe creepe forth.

21 The young lyons roare after their pray: and seeke their meate from God.

22 The sunne ariseth, they gather themselues together: and lay them downe in their dennes.

23 Man goeth forth vnto his worke: and to his labour, vntill the euening.

24 O Lord, how manifold are thy workes! in wisedome hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches.

25 So is this great and wide Sea, wherein are things creeping innumerable: both small and great beasts.

26 There goe the shippes; there is that Leuiathan, whom thou hast made to play therein.

27 These waite all vpon thee: that thou mayest giue them their meate in due season.

28 That thou giuest them, they gather: thou openest thine hand, they are filled with good.

29 Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled, thou takest away their breath, they die: and returne to their dust.

30 Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth.

31 The glory of the Lord shall endure for euer: the Lord shall reioyce in his workes.

32 Hee looketh on the earth, and it trembleth; he toucheth the hilles, and they smoke.

33 I will sing vnto the Lord as long as I liue: I will sing praise to my God, while I haue my being.

34 My meditation of him shalbe sweete: I will be glad in the Lord.

35 Let the sinners be consumed out of the earth, and let the wicked bee no more: blesse thou the Lord, O my soule. Praise yee the Lord.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:37 am
Psalms
Chapter 105

1 O giue thankes vnto the Lord, call vpon his name: make knowen his deeds among the people.

2 Sing vnto him; sing Psalmes vnto him: talke yee of all his wondrous workes.

3 Glory yee in his holy name: let the heart of them reioyce, that seeke the Lord.

4 Seeke the Lord, and his strength: seeke his face euermore.

5 Remember his maruellous workes, that hee hath done: his wonders, and the iudgements of his mouth,

6 O yee seede of Abraham his seruant: yee children of Iacob his chosen.

7 He is the Lord our God: his iudgements are in all the earth.

8 He hath remembred his couenant for euer: the word which he commanded to a thousand generations.

9 Which couenant he made with Abraham, and his oath vnto Isaac:

10 And confirmed the same vnto Iacob for a law: and to Israel for an euerlasting couenant:

11 Saying, Unto thee will I giue the land of Canaan: the lot of your inheritance.

12 When they were but a few men in number: yea very few, & strangers in it.

13 When they went from one nation to another: from one kingdome to another people.

14 He suffred no man to doe them wrong: yea he reproued kings for their sakes:

15 Saying, Touch not mine anointed; and doe my Prophets no harme.

16 Moreouer hee called for a famine vpon the land: he brake the whole staffe of bread.

17 Hee sent a man before them: euen Ioseph, who was sold for a seruant.

18 Whose feete they hurt with fetters: he was layd in iron.

19 Untill the time that his word came: the word of the Lord tried him.

20 The king sent and loosed him: euen the ruler of the people, and let him goe free.

21 Hee made him lord of his house: and ruler of all his substance:

22 To binde his princes at his pleasure: and teach his Senatours wisedome.

23 Israel also came into Egypt: and Iacob soiourned in the land of Ham.

24 And hee increased his people greatly: and made them stronger then their enemies.

25 He turned their heart to hate his people: to deale subtilly with his seruants.

26 Hee sent Moses his seruant: and Aaron whom he had chosen.

27 They shewed his signes among them: and wonders in the land of Ham.

28 Hee sent darknesse, and made it darke: and they rebelled not against his word.

29 Hee turned their waters into blood: and slew their fish.

30 The land brought foorth frogs in abundance: in the chambers of their kings.

31 He spake, and there came diuers sorts of flies: and lice in all their coasts.

32 Hee gaue them haile for raine: and flaming fire in their laud.

33 Hee smote their Uines also, and their figge trees: and brake the trees of their coastes.

34 He spake, and the locusts came: and catterpillers, and that without number,

35 And did eate vp all the herbes in their land: and deuoured the fruite of their ground.

36 Hee smote also all the first borne in their land: the chiefe of all their strength.

37 Hee brought them foorth also with siluer and gold: and there was not one feeble person among their tribes.

38 Egypt was glad when they departed: for the feare of them fell vpon them.

39 He spread a cloud for a couering: and fire to giue light in the night.

40 The people asked, and he brought quailes: and satisfied them with the bread of heauen.

41 He opened the rocke, and the waters gushed out: they ranne in the dry places like a riuer.

42 For he remembred his holy promise: and Abraham his seruant.

43 And he brought forth his people with ioy: and his chosen with gladnesse:

44 And gaue them the lands of the heathen: and they inherited the labour of the people:

45 That they might obserue his statutes, and keepe his Lawes, Praise ye the Lord.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:58 am
Psalms
Chapter 106

1 Praise ye the Lord. O giue thankes vnto the Lord, for he is good: for his mercie endureth for euer.

2 Who can vtter the mighty acts of the Lord? who can shew foorth all his praise?

3 Blessed are they that keepe iudgement: and he that doeth righteousnesse at all times.

4 Remember me, O Lord, with the fauour that thou bearest vnto thy people: O visite me with thy saluation:

5 That I may see the good of thy chosen, that I may reioyce in the gladnesse of thy nation: that I may glory with thine inheritance.

6 Wee haue sinned with our fathers: we haue committed iniquitie, we haue done wickedly.

7 Our fathers vnderstood not thy wonders in Egypt, they remembred not the multitude of thy mercies: but prouoked him at the sea, euen at the Red-sea.

8 Neuerthelesse hee saued them for his Names sake: that hee might make his mighty power to be knowen.

9 He rebuked the Red sea also, and it was dried vp: so hee led them through the depthes, as through the wildernes.

10 And he saued them from the hand of him that hated them: and redeemed them from the hand of the enemie.

11 And the waters couered their enemies: there was not one of them left.

12 Then beleeued they his words: they sang his praise.

13 They soone forgate his works: they waited not for his counsell:

14 But lusted exceedingly in the wildernes: & tempted God in the desert.

15 And he gaue them their request: but sent leannesse into their soule.

16 They enuied Moses also in the campe: and Aaron the Saint of the Lord.

17 The earth opened and swallowed vp Dathan: and couered the company of Abiram.

18 And a fire was kindled in their company: the flame burnt vp the wicked.

19 They made a calfe in Horeb: and worshipped the molten image.

20 Thus they changed their glory, into the similitude of an oxe that eateth grasse.

21 They forgate God their Sauiour: which had done great things in Egypt:

22 Wonderous workes in the lande of Ham: and terrible things by the red Sea.

23 Therefore he said that he would destroy them, had not Moses his chosen stood before him in the breach: to turne away his wrath, lest hee should destroy them.

24 Yea, they despised the pleasant land: they beleeued not his word:

25 But murmured in their tents: and hearkened not vnto the voyce of the Lord.

26 Therefore he lifted vp his hande against them: to ouerthrow them in the wildernesse:

27 To ouerthrow their seed also among the nations, and to scatter them in the lands.

28 They ioyned themselues also vnto Baal-Peor: and ate the sacrifices of the dead.

29 Thus they prouoked him to anger with their inuentions: and the plague brake in vpon them.

30 Then stood vp Phinehas, and executed iudgement: and so the plague was stayed.

31 And that was counted vnto him for righteousnesse: vnto all generations for euermore.

32 They angred him also at the waters of strife: so that it went ill with Moses for their sakes:

33 Because they prouoked his spirit: so that hee spake vnaduisedly with his lippes.

34 They did not destroy the nations, concerning whom the Lord commanded them:

35 But were mingled among the heathen, and learned their workes.

36 And they serued their idoles: which were a snare vnto them.

37 Yea they sacrificed their sonnes, and their daughters vnto deuils,

38 And shed innocent blood, euen the blood of their sons and of their daughters, whome they sacrificed vnto the idoles of Canaan: and the land was polluted with blood.

39 Thus were they defiled with their owne works: and went a whoring with their owne inuentions.

40 Therefore was the wrath of the Lord kindled against his people: insomuch that he abhorred his owne inheritance.

41 And he gaue them into the hand of the heathen: and they that hated them, ruled ouer them.

42 Their enemies also oppressed them: and they were brought into subiection vnder their hand.

43 Many times did he deliuer them: but they prouoked him with their counsell, and were brought low for their iniquitie.

44 Neuertheles he regarded their affliction: when he heard their crie.

45 And hee remembred for them his couenant: and repented according to the multitude of his mercies.

46 He made them also to be pitied, of all those that caried them captiues.

47 Saue vs, O Lord our God, and gather vs from among the heathen to giue thankes vnto thy holy Name: and to triumph in thy praise.

48 Blessed bee the Lord God of Israel from euerlasting to euerlasting: and let all the people say, Amen. Praise ye the Lord.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:49 am
Psalms
Chapter 107

1 O giue thankes vnto the Lord, for hee is good: for his mercie endureth for euer.

2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so: whome he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemie:

3 And gathered them out of the lands, from the East and from the West: from the North and from the South.

4 They wandred in the wildernes, in a solitary way: they found no citie to dwell in.

5 Hungry and thirstie: their soule fainted in them.

6 Then they cryed vnto the Lord in their trouble: and he deliuered them out of their distresses.

7 And hee led them forth by the right way: that they might goe to a citie of habitation.

8 Oh that men would praise the Lord, for his goodnesse: and for his wonderfull workes to the children of men.

9 For he satisfieth the longing soule: and filleth the hungry soule with goodnesse.

10 Such as sit in darknesse and in the shadowe of death: being bound in affliction and yron:

11 Because they rebelled against the words of God: and contemned the counsell of the most high:

12 Therefore hee brought downe their heart with labour: they fel downe, and there was none to helpe.

13 Then they cryed vnto the Lord in their trouble: and he saued them out of their distresses.

14 Hee brought them out of darkenesse, and the shadowe of death: and brake their bands insunder.

15 Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodnesse: and for his wonderfull workes to the children of men.

16 For he hath broken the gates of brasse: and cut the barres of yron in sunder.

17 Fooles, because of their transgression, and because of their iniquities, are afflicted.

18 Their soule abhorreth all manner of meate: and they drawe neere vnto the gates of death.

19 Then they crie vnto the Lord in their trouble: he saueth them out of their distresses.

20 Hee sent his word, and healed them: and deliuered them from their destructions.

21 Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodnesse: and for his wonderfull workes, to the children of men.

22 And let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thankesgiuing: and declare his workes with reioycing.

23 They that goe downe to the sea in shippes: that doe businesse in great waters:

24 These see the workes of the Lord: and his wonders in the deepe.

25 For he commandeth, and raiseth the stormy winde: which lifteth vp the waues thereof.

26 They mount vp to the heauen: they goe downe againe to the depthes: their soule is melted because of trouble.

27 They reele to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man; and are at their wits end.

28 Then they cry vnto the Lord in their trouble: and hee bringeth them out of their distresses.

29 He maketh the storme a calme: so that the waues thereof are still.

30 Then are they glad, because they be quiet: so he bringeth them vnto their desired hauen.

31 Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodnesse; and for his wonderfull workes to the children of men:

32 Let them exalt him also in the congregation of the people, and praise him in the assembly of the Elders.

33 Hee turneth riuers into a wildernesse: and the water springs into dry ground:

34 A fruitfull land into barrennesse; for the wickednesse of them that dwell therein.

35 He turneth the wildernesse into a standing water: and dry ground into water-springs.

36 And there he maketh the hungry to dwell; that they may prepare a citie for habitation,

37 And sowe the fields, and plant vineyards; which may yeeld fruits of increase.

38 He blesseth them also, so that they are multiplied greatly: and suffreth not their cattell to decrease.

39 Againe, they are minished and brought lowe through oppression, affliction and sorrow.

40 Hee powreth contempt vpon princes: and causeth them to wander in the wildernesse, where there is no way.

41 Yet setteth he the poore on high from affliction: and maketh him families like a flocke.

42 The righteous shall see it, and reioyce; and all iniquitie shall stop her mouth.

43 Who so is wise, and will obserue those things; euen they shall vnderstand the louing kindenesse of the Lord.  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games