Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[ORP] A Springtime Surprise! [Hatching!] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:53 am
She was pulled from thoughts of bread and glazed bread dragons by two more eggs hatching - A lovely green and a handsome blue! Tarnaria's mind wasn't permitted to wander back down the bread path again, though, as the blue went after something in the sand... And then sunk INTO the sand! She gasped, covering her mouth in shock, eyes wide, before he returned with a tunnel snake. That wouldn't have ended well! A quick glance around saw similar reactions, and she looked back a the blue. He'd be a good strong asset to whichever Weyr he Impressed to, for sure!

Her attention went back to the gold, watching her seemingly pass by several girls. Just who was she looking for? Maybe Jacqoul... That'd be a new family irony, for sure - P'tius had told her, while she'd been doing her chores with him around, about how his family, for generations, had Impressed blues and greens and the odd brown down at Southern Weyr... And then his brother, Jacomus, had Impressed a bronze, only to cave under the pressure of what that meant and flee Southern. Now he was out at Western, happy as a clam.

Oh, a clam! Like a clam before the storm! Tarnaria giggled at her own joke, covering her mouth with her sleeve.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:56 am
Alya - Western

With each girl the Queen passed by, the more Alya became certain that she was a lucky charm--and Rio too, of course! However, the moment was interrupted as the tidy little blue from before came up to Dorianus. She gasped with delight at the sight of rainbow eyes--and all but glowed when he confirmed that they were, indeed, lucky! "Good bye!" She whispered as the pair headed towards the other newly Impressed Weyrlings...

The blue that claimed the tunnelsnake was enough to make her giggle, and it soon dissolved into croons when she realized that a beautiful little green was trying to catch everyone's eye. How adorable! She needed an audience!

And that was when she realized something was coming towards her. Coming towards her quite fast, in fact. An egg! A RUNAWAY EGG! With a squeak, Alya felt all the thoughts go out of her head. What should she do?! Should she run?! Should she jump over it like a graceful and magnificent runner?! Maybe she could--NOPE, DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO, TIME TO CLING TO RIO BECAUSE THEY WERE BOTH GOING TO DIE, SO LONG, WORLD.

Meepfur
She is clamping onto that boy like a vice, rip.

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:56 am
User Image

Yes, Mother. He had never really been in any real danger, though.

Slipping between the Candidates, searching for a particular face, the Yellow and Teal Blue paused here and there, the tunnelsnake still dangling from his jaws. Hmmm. Not the one.

No, not that one either.

Or that one... or...

Wait just one moment! That was the one, after all! Striding right over to Dorame, the Blue laid his tunnelsnake at last at her feet. DorameMine, this is for you. Just like Dorame had brought the thing to the lady, the... yes, it had been a head. A skull! The tunnelsnake also had a skull, so they were just alike, surely.

It doesn't taste very good, but maybe you might use its venom. Your Heichath has fought enough for one day, and would like to eat now.

Z o m b i k ii

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:58 am
Zyanzi let out another laugh, continuing to wipe sand from his face and eyes as he slowly pulled himself to his feet, suddenly very aware that he was very close to the eggs. Oh dear... "Ah! Ah! Beautiful darlings. I am imposing in your space and your spotlight..." He let out a held-in breath. He peered briefly back at the White Rabbit Green and couldn't help but let out a giggle. "Oh oh oh! Sweet darling!" He covered his mouth and slowly stepped back, but his movement stopped when he noticed something there. In the sands. Moving? Were the sands moving? He tilted his head to the side and slowly moved toward it with careful, deliberate steps toward the movement, careful to make sure not to upset the golden mother. Was it another tunnelsnake? Or... could it... be..?  

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:06 am
[ soui ]

And she was running, even though she wasn't supposed to. She didn't go on the sands, she cut through the crowds, trying so hard to get to the pair that were in the path of the rolling egg. Soui knew she likely wouldn't reach them in time were they to get hit, but she could at least provide emergency first aid in case something horrible had happened. "Go....faster!" She yelled at her legs in an effort to make herself move more, and the little healer would go back and apologize later to the people she'd shoved.

"Look out, look out!!" Was she even going to reach them in time? Why weren't they at least trying to move?! Perhaps the egg would think a joke and swerve last minute, but Soui wasn't willing to risk it. These eggs were large, heavy, and she refused to let anyone else get hurt during her time here. "Try and move!! Hurry you two!" Would her voice reach them over the din of the sands?!

Meepfur

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:06 am
Kinyegele

The whole thing with the blue and the tunnelsnake had been exceedingly stressful to Kinyegele who found some relief as the dark blue headed off towards his chosen with his first kill in mouth.

But there were still two new greens on the sands! Kinye beamed, radiating positive thoughts towards both of them. Look at you! You're here and so important!

---

Martirae

And the little Indigo and Yellow egg continued on it's way, causing Marty to shake her head and - woah - smile. It was a good look on her and anybody who had ever met her mother would find the look on her face made her resemble the woman quite strongly.

It was turning into quite a circus out here on the sands!  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:10 am
"Congratulations!" Rio beamed when the blue came for Dorianus. Yes, he and Alya were excellent luck! Now, they just had to get Esfir and Ticene their dragons, and their positions as best luck charms would be solidified for all e-

And then another blue was fighting a tunnelsnake, but that turned out alright, and then...oh. Oh, dear. Runaway egg! Coming right for them! His first instinct was to grab Alya by the hand and get out of the way, but her first instinct to grab ahold and cling to him was faster. Whoch made his useless.

So, in the absence of any other option in that moment, he grabbed ahold of her in turn and tried to dive out of the way with her into the sand, twisting so that he would at least take the brunt of the fall.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:11 am
The Purple Swirly Gold made her way swiftly through the Candidates. While all their attention was on the blue, this gold was able to sidle up to hers. She waited a moment -- just a moment -- before she could wait no longer.

Ezyzu. Most beloved. Mine. Your Khamaith is finally here, my most precious girl. She tried to get the girl's attention, before finally pushing herself right into the others body for a full contact cuddle. She curled her head up underneath the others chin, and snuggled up to her. Am I not more important than a stranger, or the other eggs? Can we go eat and then...nap? Life is hard enough without sleep, you know... I think we should get lots of it. As a matter of fact, the little dragon let her eyes close, taking utmost comfort from their new connection, and finding newfound peace.

User Image

Prism Shine

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:13 am
Shar had stood at enough Hatchings to know things got a little crazy. Baby dragons popping up all over the place and trying to find Theirs, eggs shattering and rolling around, dragons and riders making comments, Candidates being silly and trying to jump in when they shouldn't...although, to be fair, she had been one of those at one point and had some scars to prove it. Still, Shar kept a wary eye on the goings around. There was a rogue egg rolling towards some of the other Candidates, but surely they saw it. Someone was calling out to them to be wary of the incoming egg and she didn't want to add to the shouting, so she remained silent but watched the egg just in case.

Meanwhile others were Impressing around her, little spurts of joy and delight coming from dragon and human alike. It was heart-warming to see so many pairs being made and she risked a quick glance towards Riz to see how he was getting on. It was then that she noticed he had taken a little step back which made her huff softly.

"Your dragon might not be brave enough to push through all of us. Come on, front and center with the rest of us," she said, motioning for Riz to rejoin the three girls. "There's a bunch of dragons still looking and still waiting to hatch. Don't want to have them pass you over and get upset, hm?"

She arched a brow and tossed him a tiny encouraging smile. She knew his preference for green dragons but honestly she knew he'd do well with any color. With a drive like his she could easily see him astride a powerful bronze leading wings into battle against Thread.

Hattaki

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:26 am
B'gain of Green Molihuth
"Sorry, sorry! There's just been so much going on that it slipped my mind. I'll remember now." B'gian's face was red, but he still set about slowly oiling his dragon down, he even gave her scratches in several places she was saying she was itchy.

"R'ose. Okay. R'ose. R'ose, R'ose." He committed it to memory now and then smiled wide. "Molihuth just wants to take care of her siblings, that's all. She thought yours still wanted to eat. She didn't mean anything bad by it."

It was almost clear that Molihuth outweighed him by at least a few pounds. He was a skinny, short little thing and lifting her would be hard. He wasn't even going to try right now!

Molihuth sighed at the idea of a nap, her head resting on B'gian's knees. Oh a nap does sound good... Shall I join you for one if we're here long enough? Her own eyes slipped closed as her lifemate made sure to get her back and tail. She even went so far as to rais her leg for him to get to it easier, so she wouldn't have to move.

I could spend all of my days like this, dear. You're quite good. My neck please? N-no. Ah..."

Her words made B'gian giggle quite a lot. "Congratulations R'ose on your stunning new best friend."
houllow

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:38 am
[ green oyath ]

Okay some action, things were heating up. She approved, vastly, of the two greens on the sand and hoped that whomever down there that got them would understand they were in the presence of the true power of Pern.

Still, not enough action. 6/10 Green rule.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:45 am
Meepfur
I am sorry, Rio. <3 Ilu.

Tsunake

The Indigo & Yellow Egg did indeed hit Rio. It was a smaller egg, thankfully, but fairly dense. Thankfully, though, the impact was enough to both stop the egg, and to break it. With one giant shrug, an even smaller white dragon burst from its shell, scrambling atop of Rio and jumping up and down in excitement.

Eyes turned to Alya and immediately the girl was surrounded with love, assurance, and above all else, laughter.

Alya! Alya! There you are! That was sooooo much fun. Let's do it again, okay!? Please!? Pleeeeeeeeeeease? Just two more minutes, all right? I just gotta . . . get this egg . . .back together. Fix it? For your Baihath? The white turned his eyes up entreatingly at Alya, hoping that the girl would paste the thing back together, or some how make it so they could go back on a roll.

This white wasn't ready to go to dinner or eat. This white just wanted to play!

User Image

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Dizzy_Kat

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:48 am
P'rell

P'rell shrugged. He didn't know any of the candidates let alone which weyr they belonged to. It'd be hard to tell guess where the little gold might end up until she chose. "I don't know, but I'm pretty sure Forts likely not happy on missing out. At least, their candidates are probably screeching mad right now."

They didn't have long to wait it seemed though before she'd made her match (he still didn't know to what weyr the girl belonged). The scuffle involving the blue hatchling sent a bolt of shared fear through him and Venaith. The bronze let out a startled blort as his eyes whirled yellow.

Shaddaling

He couldn't help but laugh at her quick comeback. "Zarike!" He supplied. Out on the sands, more eggs had hatched and both the blue, and the gold, had moved on from them to Zarike's disappointment, but he was still greatly enjoying himself. At least until he caught sight of the newest blue hatchling bursting back from the sand with a tunnelsnake in it's mouth.

"There are tunnelsnakes here?!" Of course there would be. They were out in the wild. It hadn't even occurred to him that dragon eggs would be as much in danger as firelizard eggs might be. It didn't seem to be a challenge to the blue though as it proudly marched up to it's chosen, prize clamped in it's jaws.

"That. Is something I have never seen before. I'm impressed!"
medigel
Raelin (HR)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:48 am
Kamb'i & Bronze Moseleth

In the short time it took for his brother to impress, Moseleth had been awarded for his hard efforts with many fish that were cut up to just the right size for his mouth. He was being the utmost gentleman, if he did say so himself. At the brief nuzzle he received from Harneth. "Brother." He greeted with a nod. "Much better. Kamb'idear was most conscientious of my need to eat, have a good oil, and relaxation." Moseleth added before promptly taking another choice bit from Kamb'i.

Kamb'i smiled and had an overall dreamy expression on his face as he looked up at the newcomer who had impressed with the blue who had been with Moseleth on the sands. "Hiya! I'm Kamb'i!" He greeted happily, extending his hand out for the other to shake. It may have had a very fish scent to it. He was quite literally up to his elbows in fish after all. "Are you going back to Western too?" He asked curiously before feeding another piece of fish to Moseleth. Upon entering he had been warned that he shouldn't overfeed the new dragon, but while Moseleth hungered, he seemed to be more concerned with making a good impression. Kamb'i certainly didn't need to worry about his lifemate overeating. Though, he was keeping his eye on the feeling of hunger--making sure it was still the dragonet's and not his own.

"This day has been most. . . taxing." He rumbled, his eyes surveying his fellow clutchmates and their's briefly. "At least it hasn't become too crowded yet. Kamb'i, we should aim to oil quickly upon the arrival of more of my clutchmates." The dragonet should like to be out of the way of some of his more. . . exuberant counterparts. Maybe Harneth would join them once it was time?

BastetAmun

Z o m b i k ii
((In case anyone else wants to say hello))

Prism Shine

Peppermint Coffee

houllow

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:53 am
Aly'on

"I don't know what I should label this hatching anymore,"Aly'on bemoaned as a spat with a tunnel snake of all things happened. He sighed, rubbing at his bridge of nose. He felt jittery and knew he was just feeding Ihiaansith as the brown's eyes whirled in concern near the tide.

He shifted slightly, feet tapping.

Dizzy_Kat
P'rell

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games