Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Rain Yupa rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 6 Total: 8 (2-12)

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:39 pm
"Well, by 'show how it's done', Ruin started us off with a twelve. I guess I'll go next." Revenge would say, looking at the dice in his hand.

Selecting two of the dice, he'd give them a roll, resulting in an 8.

"Hmm. One in six chance of busting. I should be good to roll one more." Doing so, he'd get a 4.

"I match your twelve, and likewise will stand. Ilikan, your roll."  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:14 pm
Illikan took the dice, giving them a good shake and a blow before tossing them out. Watching the four and three turn up, he hummed thoughtfully and took another die, giving it an extra rough jostling in his fist before tossing it out- turning up a five.

He stared for a moment, then broke into uproarious laughter.

"A three way tie! Well, I'll stand my friends, don't like my chances of turning up a one," he said, holding the dice back out to Ruin to start them up again.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 5 Total: 9 (2-12)

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:05 pm
"Now that it is getting interesting. May Avandra's luck go to the best man, gentlemen." The shortest would say, as the dice rolled from his hand. "Which we know is me."

4 and 5, with another die... 6

"You know, this is why I don't pray to the gods." Ruin would fall back defeated by the dice, but still stay near the two defenders.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:04 pm
Illikan let out a sound half way between a groan and a chortle, patting Ruin on the back with one hand as he took the dice with his other, giving them a toss- and pausing for a moment looking over his four and one.

"I can count that... as a one or a seven, right?" he asked, putting the numbers together in his head, and nodded, holding the dice out to Revenge. "I can sit on that. If he beats an eleven, do I still get to roll more to try and meet him?"  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:59 pm
((I should mention Irene is not taking any of the coin. You start to get the impression that money is not a concern of hers.))

Ruin and Ilikan suddenly hear a soft munching coming from right behind them. If they were to look up, they would see the pale, black-clad figure of Irene. She had snuck up behind them as they were rolling dice and was chewing on a piece of jerky. She would mumble to them as she clung to the piece of dried meat in her mouth, "Heh, wub are you doinhg? Gambwing?"  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:28 am
Ruin would nod at Illikan's question of 1.

"That is where the rules are sticky when there is something tangible on the line. Some times the rules are yes, you roll after him if you wish to try to tie or beat his, with ever shirking the odds of rolling a 13 until someone flubs up and there is one sole victor. Others say, no. Though, the NO rule is often used by marching soldiers and merchants who don't get much time to play. That said, I am in the boat of, I am out of the game" He would state sourly, before adding with smile "but also, as long as the rules are agreed upon by the players. Have at it, at worst this is a fun little game of odds and at best someone is walking away with a little richer."

Looking back, Ruin would answer "Yes, It is called 13. Sadly, I am currently out. So, it is down to Revenge and Illikan. For the potion of heals, bone cubes, Sunshine in a bag, flame holding lantern and 35 gold... And honors of being the literal shining beacon of the party." He would add with a small chuckle. "If there is another game, would you like to play? The rules are quite simple."  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:11 pm
"Uuugh. Why can't men just hold on to their coin? Gotta bet it off in a stupid games. You have the s**t, you put it up for grabs so you obviously don't want it that badly, why not just trade? If you win you just end up with a bunch of garbage you may not want, then what? Repeat? The thrill of losing is a stupid thrill to chase, go spelunking or something." She sits up. "Ruin, my cut, before you bet it off."  
Rain Yupa rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 6 Total: 7 (2-12)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:17 pm
"Well, let's see if Sehanine will have Avandra spot me a bit of luck," Revenge would say, picking up the dice for another roll, giving a cursory shake before throwing the dice.

"Apparently, they're on good terms today. Thirteen it is. And here I was hoping to pawn off my torch onto someone less shieldy," he'd say, half-responding to Kuori. "Alas, 'twas not meant to be. At least I'm up thirty-five and a healing potion for my troubles. And apparently, some dice."

"When we get back to a proper topside city, I'll buy you lot some pastries with this swindled gold; you included, Kuori. You ever try religieuse? Or croquembouche? Elven desserts that taste like the heavens." He would smirk. "That is, Kuori, if these gentlemen don't earn their gold back by going double or nothing."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:50 pm
"I only put a spare potion and dice as an ante, as I had faith in our fearless healer. " Ruin would state plainly as he handed Kuori her gold. "I know better than to risk the future of my students, or someone else's gold, on a game of chance."

"If that is the case, Just give it to Irene to hold. Or, I could trade you another potion for your sun-stick. And, trade you my boots for your boots." Ruin would respond to Revenge's pawning statement. "I can just tie the stick to my pack and you would gain the added protection of looking good with fancy footwork."

He laterally shook his head, to deny a second game. As he didn't have anything else he wanted to risk.

(Occ:

Just so Rain knows what Ruin's boots do.

Boots of the Fencing Master

Feet Slot
Property:
When you shift, gain a +1 item bonus to AC and Reflex defense until the end of your next turn.

Power ✦ Encounter (Minor Action)

Shift 2 squares.)  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:16 pm
Irene gobbles down the rest of the jerky she had in her mouth and states. "Oh, I've had all those before! However, I must say savory meat pastries are my favorite. If you guys are done playing your game though we should we probably should head off soon. I'm sure hanging around these roper corpses will eventually attract some unwanted attention. Something is always looking for a free meal. "  

Kowsauni
Crew

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:02 pm
And again, Illikan threw his head back laughing, seeming plenty pleased by Revenge's sudden turn of luck.

"Well, well. Looks like I'm through. Maybe I'll try my luck on it later- looks like we're set to march again," he said, nodding to Kuori with a smile, completely disregarding her chastisement as he stood and got ready to take up the fore of their group as soon as she provided directions.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:38 am
"A mere trade, perhaps I might consider. But not for a gamble. My goddess would frown down upon me making you march barefoot through caverns," he'd respond with an intentional smugness. "I quite like mine though; they allow me the ability to better free myself from magical restraint so I can be where I need to be before any of you get hurt, so I'm not looking to trade at this time."

Quote:
Short Rest complete? Encounter powers and second wind reset; no surges spent.

Revenge gains 105 gp, a healing potion, and the Lucky Bag o'Bones

Storing his gains, good-gotten and ill-gotten alike, he'd stand. "That was all the breather I needed. I'm ready to go when you lot are."

He would sheath his longsword in case he'd need the free hand while marching over potential uneven terrain, until such a point where they would lose sky for ceiling and his torch would be needed.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:12 am
Kuori will stand, eyeing the smallest tiefling intensely, then looking to the human and the other two, not really paying much mind to Irene. She takes out the lantern and sets it to floating beside her, then lets out a grunt and cricks her neck before turning around, ready to head on.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:55 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

As the party begins to move down into the darkness all light from the ceiling eventually gives way to blackness. The only source of light soon becomes the soft glow from Kuori's floating lantern. The level ground eventually gives way as well to a much steeper grade. Though the cavern still remains quite large the traveling becomes much more difficult as the party scrambles around large rocks and struggles to find footing as their path dives deeply into the earth. Occasionally in the gloom the party sees reminders of the army that retreated though here. Broken weapons, discarded ruined equipment, but unfortunately nothing of use.

Eventually, after a few hours of intense travel, (Everyone roll me an endurance check) the ground levels out again and the party comes to an immense underground chasm. Kuori remembers that their is a stone archway that bridges the gap but as she navigates to it she finds that it had been destroyed by the retreating forces. There now appears to be no visible way to cross it. The other side of the chasm looks to be about 30 feet away. With the limited light of the lantern there is no telling how deep the chasm runs or how long it stretches into the darkness. To continue on to the party must find a way over or around. What does the party do?  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:01 pm
Quote:
Endurance of 23

Revenge would also aid the light with an everburning torch, deciding that if he was going to at least have uneven footing, he'd at least be able to see where he was walking.

"Hmmng..." Revenge would groan in dismay when they reached the chasm. "Kuori, is there another bridge nearby?"  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games