Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Stephenie Meyer Guild™

Back to Guilds

Tags: Twilght, Vampire, Jacob, Edward, New mon 

Reply Eclipse
The Love Triangle: Your take? (Spoilers about Eclipse) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bella should have chosen...
  Edward. Yeahhhh.
  Jacob. Hurrah.
  ...Billy Black.
View Results

julliel

Tipsy Ladykiller

6,600 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:13 am
And with all the Jacob hate coming form Eclipse, I'd just like to point out just how much I hated Edward in New Moon.

If Edward really knew Bella so well he'd know that he'd do more harm than good. After all that time of being her, you'd think that he'd get a clue that Bella needs him to be there?

Don't give me this "for her own good" crap. Jacob does the same thing, and he gets flamed to hell for it. What does Edward get? A friggin' slap on the wrist because, what? He has fangs and he's "HAWT!!11 heart "??  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:14 pm
julliel
Falls to the ground
Fireball96740
Hopefully in the next book Jacob doesn't come to Edward's and Bella's wedding and massacre it.

Oh my God, I hadn't even thought of that. s**t, I can see Jacob, coming in wolf form blinded by rage and heart break and completly destroying the wedding eek Oh please don't let that happen Stephenie...

Oh please. rolleyes Enough of the character hate here.

If you've read the books at all then you'd realize that Jacob loves Bella. (whoop-dee-doo, you're smart enough to realize that I hope) He may do some crazy stuff in "the name of love", but he would never do something so unspeakably hurtful.

It may not seem it at times, but Jacob really does look out for Bella and wouldn't hurt her on purpose. Killing everyone at the wedding would be a one-way trip to hurting Bella, so... anyone? I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from.

First of all, I never said "kill". I said destroy the wedding, as in break some tables and scare away the guests. And if you've read the books at all, then you'd realize that Jacob is a slave to his emotions. At the end of Eclipse, he was so upset that he let his emotions take over and decided to live as a wolf. The trigger for this was the wedding invitation. So it makes sense that he might do something rash concerning the wedding, not meaning to hurt Bella, but just letting his emotions take over.

And yes, I think Jacob would do something hurtful in the name of love. Like threatening to kill himself if she didn't kiss him. Maybe it's just how I saw it, but it seemed to me that Bella was in serious emotional pain, first by thinking he was going to kill himself, then by feeling gulity for kissing him. And what was his justification for all this pain he caused Bella? "In the name of love". So to say that he "would never do something so unspeakably hurtful" isn't accurate, because useing her emotions like that IS unspeakable hurtful.  

Accidental Affinity

LadyMarcy

6,250 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:43 pm
The tent scene was when we finally got to hear the guys side of the story of the alleged "Love Triangle" . Bella could have gone with either one, but she was 'addicted' to Edward. (and there's few who wouldn't be if they were in her shoes.) That's the ending, and that's fine.

Bella may have made it way too emotional, although I think that's her character. She likes to make the people she loves happy. Like when we first met Bella, she sacraficed her pleasure in location for the happyness of her mother. So from the first chapters we have known her character, when looking at the emotional wreck she made herself, it shouldn't be surprising.

At least she'll finally be happy. Edwards happy. Jacob might not get over it, but he could get imprinted someday and then he will be a happy sunshine canine.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:29 am
I'm glad she went with Edward because I mean she belongs with him! And I mean, poor Jacob.... crying but he'll find someone one day and have an imprint on them! =D ya know?? heart  

kamaki09

Genius __ Insanity

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:12 pm
kamaki09
I'm glad she went with Edward because I mean she belongs with him! And I mean, poor Jacob.... crying but he'll find someone one day and have an imprint on them! =D ya know?? heart
Ditto to that!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:13 pm
Genius __ Insanity
kamaki09
Ditto to that!

Ditto that ditto! Jake needs love people! Can't you see that's what he's missing? I'll be so mad at Ms. Meyer if she doesn't find someone for him.

As for the destroying the wedding thing. Even in the short amount of time between the threat to kill himself if she didn't kiss him and the end of the epilogue, I think Jacob matured... a lot.

He was left with plenty to think about. No, I don't think he would ever do something so hurtful to Bella, ever again. There is not a doubt in my mind that Jake knew Bella would cry after saying her goodbyes.

He said he'd wait; however, he won't fight for her... not anymore. Both Jake and Edward knew they would have to let Bella make the final decision and not interfere with him. In his own way that may be him trying to one-up Edward again. Giving her up to Edward, for the sake of her happiness.

Jake IS a slave to his emotions, but love, while you can lose control, enough of it... even the pain of having to give it up can give you control. Jacob running at the end, that run is where I think any leftover rage will go, he will not take it to the wedding with him. It would be nice to see him go, just to see Bella happy. That's what he wants, her to be happy.  

Magical Fangirl Girl

Generous Gawker

7,450 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Death_Angel_317

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:32 am
noooooooooooooooooooo crying i havent even read it crying crying crying crying i cant offered it crying crying crying crying  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:08 am
I want Bella to be with Edward but Jacob would be better for her I love both Jacob and Edward even if they both made mistakes the are boys maybe not normal guys but still guys 3nodding  

niecerpiecer

clovergirl4

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:53 am
I never Hated Jacob, but he really ticked me off in this book. I hate guys who try to take advatage becasue they're bigger. I read that and was cheering Bella on in my head becasue he totally deserved it, but after the second time before the fight i understood why he did it both times. I was still a little mad but it made sense. I was so suprised at Edward, he was realy calm about bella going to see Jacob after a while, knowing that he was "better" for her. I don't think either Bella or Edward could live without the other, so they obviously belong together.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:35 am
Haha! Just so you know... it's not a love triangle because there's nothing between Edward and Jacob... haha.
But ya, I completely agree with Bella's decision. I don't HATE Jake, but I could never picture them together...
(I could go on for hours, but i'm tired)

~Nicky~  

Sweet Miss Nicky

chyuu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:09 am
Sweet Miss Nicky
Haha! Just so you know... it's not a love triangle because there's nothing between Edward and Jacob... haha.

That's what you think... wink

LOL, I totally did not even think about that, actually. I guess it's more of a love... um, point. Or something. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:04 pm
In my opinion yes, Jacob was wrong to try and make Bella love him... VERY WRONG. And I dislike him very much for it but by the end of Eclipse I began to feel bad for him... Especially in the epilouge..

I cried when they kissed.. it was so sad! But Edward should have been mad even though he only wants her to be happy. In that sense he is th best guy ever. Way better than Jacob who only wnted her to choose him.

I'm so happy she chose Edward. I cried for about the last 80 pages or so, maybe more.

But yes, you are definately right in your ramble about Jacob and Edward and everything. biggrin  

Ork Dork 90

Rezuri-chanchan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:32 pm
Hmm but Jacob dosen't get out much. And who says he'll ever live in the same time as his perfect match? We know from the stories one man loved 3 woman. had three wives. but as the first died he loved, and the second, he found his perfect match in the 3rd. and by this time he was older than the average human. It's not Jacobs fault. He wants to fight this imprinting thing. He wants to choose who he loves. Can you blame him? He'd probably die right after bella if it came to that.

Bella, again she loves Edward, but she loves Jacob also. And she can't neglect Jacob because of Edward. Nor vise versa. She was in denial for the most part. She tried to only think of Jacob as a friend. Jacob wanted her to see her true feelings. Could you live knowing the person you loved was in denial? Could you live without knowing how the outcome might have changed?? I myself can't blame bella or Jacob. Yes, she relised she wasn't giving full attention to either. shes only human. and stephenie points this out as much as she can. its a constant reminder.

Jacob didn't try to make bella love him. He knew very well that she did. She sisn't relise it herself.

they both loved her enough to let her go. we all knew who bella would choose, it didn't make reading any less suspecnsefull. I was a bit happy that they kissed. They released that tention. Bella was able to be truthful with herself. it saves edward pain. He can accept everything easier.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:38 pm
chyuu
Sweet Miss Nicky

LOL, I totally did not even think about that, actually. I guess it's more of a love... um, point. Or something. XD

eek lol. its still a love triangle. theres tention between edward and jake. love btween edward and bella. and love between bella and jacob. still makes it a love triangle. not everyone has to love each other...

omg i got a image of jacob and edward kissing! gonk oh god edward has the wedding ring!! nonononono don't say yes jacob!....ewwwww the horror. if you guys could see the images....you'd just...

Rezuri-chanchan

xvanyaa

6,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:31 pm
Rezuri-chanchan
chyuu
Sweet Miss Nicky

eek lol. its still a love triangle. theres tention between edward and jake. love btween edward and bella. and love between bella and jacob. still makes it a love triangle. not everyone has to love each other...

omg i got a image of jacob and edward kissing! gonk oh god edward has the wedding ring!! nonononono don't say yes jacob!....ewwwww the horror. if you guys could see the images....you'd just...

Wow, I just pcitured that and it was creepy! eek
But as for the whole love triangle thing, I'm glad that Bella chose Edward and not because he's a vampire and has fangs and is "HAWT!!1" (Wow, I hate text talk)
I'm honestly and genuinely happy that she chose Edward. She knew who she could and couldn't live without. She needs Edward and Edward needs her. I liked Jacob, still kinda do, but I was genuinely annoyed at him after everything he did. But I understand that he did it all for love and I couldn't hate him for that.  
Eclipse

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff