Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kittyfox_kumiko
Vice Captain

Friendly Elocutionist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:14 pm
I can't remember if I made my point about Steve, the experiment Wraith, already or not.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:16 pm
Well, make it again, can't do any harm.  

Sayuri-Ryuu
Vice Captain

kittyfox_kumiko
Vice Captain

Friendly Elocutionist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:41 pm
It wasn't (as) wrong to use him for the experiment because the item being tested was an anti-Wraith bio weapon. I don't much like bio weapons, but it was supposed to just scare the Wraith enough to make them leave Hoff for good.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:40 am
Hmm, which brings me to another point: Remember when they weaponised the drug into gas form and intended to use it against the Wraith? Was that good/bad, and were they essentially preparing to commit genocide?  

Sayuri-Ryuu
Vice Captain

kittyfox_kumiko
Vice Captain

Friendly Elocutionist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:50 pm
Is it genocide, though? It technically wouldn't have killed the Wraith. It did rob them of who they were, though.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:28 pm
The Geneva convention probably doesn't cover killing an entire culture but leaving the individuals alive..........tricky, isn't it? The people are alive but the society/culture not.......  

Sayuri-Ryuu
Vice Captain

kittyfox_kumiko
Vice Captain

Friendly Elocutionist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:03 pm
Well not entirely, no. The virus isn't permanent.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:46 pm
i believe than in season 1 there normal laws mean squat unless weir thinks of forcing them. she didn't really say anything about the Geneva convention. and besides if they hadn't done those things and killed them then the wraiths inside could have been detected when they faked being destroyed meaning they would keep firing and it would screw everyone over. but the moral dilemma here doesn't pertain to individuals that aren't human. thats like capturing an evil whale trying to get information about where there boss is then killing it. Besides when they were cut off from earth alls fair in love and war. (mostly war)  

Kaiser_MageMule
Captain

kittyfox_kumiko
Vice Captain

Friendly Elocutionist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:29 pm
The thing is, a whale isn't human at all. Wraith are at least partly human. If that's what you need to see in order to feel anything, so be it.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:48 am
another thought. im pretty sure that over all of stargate and Atlantis they have been on the line of the Geneva convention and now with Atlantis they crossed it but the thing is there are no human prisoners for the wraith. we are just food to them. why cant we eat them. they would probably taste nasty though.  

Kaiser_MageMule
Captain

Sayuri-Ryuu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:02 am
What was that about whales, kittyfox?

And yeah, I get what you're saying - just to be clear, genocide is ok as long as the things you're killing aren't human?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:58 pm
The whale thing was in response to Kaiser.

Uh, no. I was going hard to the opposite side of my belief system in order to start pulling someone else back toward it. If that makes any sense.

kittyfox_kumiko
Vice Captain

Friendly Elocutionist

Sayuri-Ryuu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:36 pm
Ah, sorry, my eyes kinda skipped over the bit about the whale, they have a tendency to do that with Kaiser's posts. Sorry.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:58 pm
Basically I was playing devil's advocate. Wow, that's creepily appropriate with my current outfit...  

kittyfox_kumiko
Vice Captain

Friendly Elocutionist

Kaiser_MageMule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:59 am
Sayuri-Ryuu
Ah, sorry, my eyes kinda skipped over the bit about the whale, they have a tendency to do that with Kaiser's posts. Sorry.
kaiser takes offense at that ....... lol  
season 1 sg-1/atlantis

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces