Ieirne Weyr Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:27 pm
T'gal shrugged. "There's nothing wrong with it. I enjoy spending time with you and Barith likes to talk to Arizath. Maybe the cooks are just odd."  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:39 pm
Jovia sighed as she set down her quill pen, capping her ink well while she studied her handy work. A neatly drawn chart of the Northern Continent, worthy of any runner's pack or ship's charts, equiped with neat connotations and distance notes along the edge of the page, and a key for identifying fort's, holds, halls, and weyrs, as well as lakes, rivers, seas, and oceans. She sprinkled some fine sand on it to dry it out and began cleaning the tip of her quill, knowing that if you kept them dirty, they were likely to plug up. Most people didn't know that, but it was her secret weapon to perfectly drawn maps. She lifted the stone weights from the corners and brushed the sand gently back into it's jar, then furled the map and tied it with a thin leather ribbon, her ink-smudged fingers barely leaving marks on the outside of the scroll. She placed her supplies back in her pack and headed for the lake, where her golden Sareth would be waiting, along with her friend Ruarana and her green, Camaranth.  

Jennamatic3000

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:32 pm
((I'm so sorry for being offline this long, you guys. sad I've just had a lot to worry about these past few weeks (got a zero for a major Biology project; stupid leaves...). I'm gonna go ask some people to join, since this guild is lonely...like a ghost town. And it's my fault, for not doing anything sooner.))

F'lin smiled apologetically and shrugged his shoulders as well as he could while he was half submerged in water. "I shouldn't have worried, not really," he said. "You know what you're doing, even when you have no clue."

He watched the sun dancing Kes's face, made into a beautiful pattern as it reflected off the water... He caught himself sinking and, with a soft exclamation as he went under, pulled himself onto Garinth's neck, where he would normally sit while riding. He shook water out of his eyes, and laughed a bit at his clumsiness.

You are supposed to be graceful and strong, F'lin. How do you propose to uphold that image in front of Holders when you flounder in the water at the sight of pretty woman?

Though Garinth spoke primarily to his rider, he kept his mental voice open enough that anyone listening would hear. F'lin rolled his eyes. Garinth was subtle that way...not.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:56 pm
((Finally people are posting.))

Wreth's gentle laughter filled the brownrider's mind. You are most amusing. It is obvious you find my Kes attractive and I'm sure she doesn't mind you. Your Garinth is a fine brown and I like talking with him. The gold turned to the brown dragon then. As for you, encourage him or don't, but if he splashes me while being clumsy, I am going to get vexed.

Kes tilted her head to one side curiously. 'What are you talking about Wreth?'

The gold chuckled at her. Nothing important, my own.

Kes sighed but took her word for it. She turned to watch the clumsy brownrider. "You're a bit clumsy, aren't you?" Her eyes were lit up with amusement though so she was teasing him. She grinned up at Garinth. 'He must be thinking about a girl with how flustered he seems. The cold water will do him good.'  

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:35 pm
((Just found out, and it's making me mad, the library is going to be closed for about four months straight sometime this winter/spring. They're remodeling, and it'll look cool, but until then I'll be stuck. It's crap and it's pissing me off.))

F'lin was amazed with what Wreth had said. He liked Kes, and he was pretty sure she liked him, too. But still, for the queen to say it so bluntly. Taking advantage of his rider's precarious position, Garinth tumbled F'lin into the water, carefully keeping the splash from getting too near Wreth's hide.

Don't worry, Wreth. I'll make sure he behaves.

F'lin came up spluttering and blowing water out of his nose, but he was smiling. "It seems that way, huh?" he said. "Never have been much for swimming, as much as Garinth tosses me in."

Garinth snorted happily, blowing rippling mini-waves on the lake's surface. He turned his gently whirling, blue eyes on Kes. He is thinking of a woman. But I doubt the water will help. He thinks of her often.

The brown kept his mental voice carefully closed from either F'lin or Wreth, speaking only with Kes. If she understood the meaning of the words in such context, then things would move quickly. If she didn't, they would still be friends.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:33 am
((Poor you, I know how that feels. See you when you can get back on. The guild is pretty slow right now though.))

The gold laughed at that. Oh he'll behave himself Garinth. He's trying to impress my rider so he'll have to. We are not so easily caught, after all. Her tone was amused and vaguely affectionete. She liked the brown dragon quite a bit though she hid it very well. He was very large for a brown, after all.

Kes laughed too. "I can tell. At least our dragons seem to be enjoying themselves. This is one of Wreth's favorite places to sun herself so we come here often." She smiled over at the gold affectionetely. "Me, I like to swim." She sat still at the edge of the water on an upraised rock and dangled her feet in the water. She was waiting on her clothes to dry out a little.

She turned to speak with Garinth then. She hadn't actually caught the meaning of his words though. 'Is that so? Huh, she must be someone very special to have caught so much of his attention like that.' She smiled faintly at that. She'd grown used to speaking with the dragons since becoming a rider. Wreth tempered the ability when it became to much and it gave her wonderful insight during training. She grinned at that thought, remembering how hard it had been to get through her weyrling training when the dragons kept talking with her.  

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:18 pm
F'lin mentally kicked himself. He should haved asked whether or not she liked to swim! Kick! Slap! Splash! The last was physically felt as Garinth propelled himself through the water. The brown dragon hauled himself into a sunny spot by the shore near Wreth, letting his presence answer her where words could not.

Very special, Garinth agreed with Kes openly, letting F'lin catch only the tail end of his response. He hasn't said anything to her of his feelings yet, but I have a feeling he will. And soon!

F'lin dragged himself out of the water and sat, letting the slight, rippling wave lap at his feet. He hoped Kes would attribute the slight flush on his cheeks to the sun. Garinth went too far sometimes. Maybe he hadn't said Kes's name. But he'd been right. Maybe he should say something. Maybe.

"The lake is rather popular with dragons," F'lin said. "Garinth prefers the beach, though. More sun and water there, he says, and dolphins to play with!"

He laughed and looked at her out of the corner of his eyes. She was so pretty. Shards, but he would have to say something soon. What if she found someone else?

'What if' indeed, dearest F'lin? Garinth's voice echoed in his rider's mind with great meaning, and the young man sighed inwardly.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:11 pm
Wreth raised her head up and placed it down on Garinth's neck before settling back down to sleep.

Kes's eyes were wide at the affectionete gesture her normally aloof dragon was making. She smiled faintly at F'lin. "Well I'm glad they get along at least." She looked away from him and watched the two dragons. After several more moments of silence, she spoke again. "I think I should wish you luck with your female friend. She must be a really great person to have caught your fancy. She's very lucky and you should tell her how you feel." She figured the female in question was another rider that Impressed at the same time they did. Meaning it was either one of the green riders or the other girl that Impressed a gold dragon with her.

Wreth sighed. You make a comfortable pillow Garinth, and my rider and yours are being foolish. The gold's mental voice was far away and tired sounding. She was going to sleep and trying to hold a conversation at the same time.  

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

The Last Forsaken

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:00 am
Niel had arrived at Ieirne earlier that morning and he had spent most of the day looking around the Weyr. It had taken him nearly an hour to just find the kitchen. Now he found himself outside and off in the distance he saw a large lake. He thought that a swim sounded nice but first he needed to get down to the lake. He made his way trough passages and corridors until finally he found one that lead to ground level. He walked towards the lake but before he had even gotten halfway he saw that there were already several people at the lake along with dragons. He stood back for a moment and just watched.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:09 pm
Wreth sensed the newcomer and told her rider. Immediately Kes excused herself from F'lin and turned to where her gold had motioned. "Hello there. You must be new here. Don't be afraid, Wreth and Garinth are friendly dragons." She smiled at the boy. "I'm Kes and this is F'lin. The beautiful gold over there is my partner Wreth."

The gold bowed her head cordailly at the candidite. Welcome, little one.  

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

The Last Forsaken

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:05 am
((omg my town is so busy today. Everyone is coming to see the Dalai Lama I guess. ))

Niel bowed in turn to the gold dragon and turned back to Kes. Niel cracked a small smile as he took up kes's hand and gives it a small kiss. "Its a pleasure to meet you Kes and you Wreth."  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:39 pm
Kes smiled faintly. "It's nice to meet you too Neil. Welcome to the weyr."  

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

Ierne Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items