Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply RP Retreat
"Pern" / Dragon Riders of Pern RP? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dragonriders must fly when Thread is in the sky... (a Pern RP?)
  Clear skies and fair weather (yes)
  Wherry Teeth! (no)
  I'm here for the Gather (poll whore answer)
View Results

Ifailedmywillsave

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:17 pm
*laughs* Woah, woah there, Lunaria! xd It's great to see you so excited, but I don't think we've got concrete details on what weyr we're in, and which Pass we're in yet! We may end up in the 10th or 11th Pass, after AIVIS, but we may also end up in the 7th Pass between Moreta and the rest of the later series.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:53 pm
Well personally Fort and Benden are my faves...

as for Pass, pick one anyone ^^

Looks like I should get to and start puting something together ^^

Flaconscale

Ifailedmywillsave

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:07 pm
I loves me some firelizards, so perhaps we could do the 11th Pass? The one that comes after F'lar and Lessa have passed the reins on to the next generation.

The best known Weyr is Benden, so it would be much easier for people to get the geography of the place right and whatnot, no?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:39 pm
im definently going to want in on this ;3
especially if i get to start soon after or before hatching!  

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Flaconscale

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:30 am
*Grins* I have the Atlas of Pern and Dragonlovers guide to Pern so I can get any map pretty much…

11th works fine with me, means we have what little technology Avias got back for Pern ^^

so... are we going to play as in Avias failed and there is thread (assumption made on the fact that the 11th pass exists)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:08 am
Flaconscale
*Grins* I have the Atlas of Pern and Dragonlovers guide to Pern so I can get any map pretty much…

11th works fine with me, means we have what little technology Avias got back for Pern ^^

so... are we going to play as in Avias failed and there is thread (assumption made on the fact that the 11th pass exists)

heeeeeey listen up!

my thought is avis dies and we are left to use what he gave us (as the original colonists wanted)
benden weyr please? the others are kinda meh .... i like that i know more about benden

random thoughts

are we able to use ofther characers ? like randomly have a discussion with a master harper
or a lord holder ?

lol yeah i got excited ^^

Lunaria Has spoken!

Formerly Twisted Moon Fey

Seraphim Sins

Flaconscale

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:58 am
That's how I'd work it ^^
Avias turn itself off in the end anyway, leaving information for the Pernese.

Personally I’d like to see the Wher’s turn up a little more too…

Ok, Benden it is ! ^^ (its one of my pet faves too)

Other characters? Please !
Play as many PCs are you like ^^

I'm a major offender of NPCs myself ...

We'll just make a list and if the same ones start cropping up again and again we can make them honorary characters... like always played by the same person when needed

Its good to see people so enthusiastic about this ^^

Side note: Its late... >< and I have to head to bed, catch you all soon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:02 am
Either that, or that the remainder of the Oort Cloud matter was so spread out by the lessening pull of the Star that it ended up splitting into several different sections. Shorter, with shorter Intervals.  

Ifailedmywillsave

Seraphim Sins

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:38 pm
Ifailedmywillsave
Either that, or that the remainder of the Oort Cloud matter was so spread out by the lessening pull of the Star that it ended up splitting into several different sections. Shorter, with shorter Intervals.

Luna says :

that might work but i tend to think for the sake of the story (and dragons not dying off >.>;;;;; ) that the mission should have been a failure no to few fatalities
and now they are researching new ways to protect themselves via avis's databases
have schools and new tec advances
but keep the old ways of pern
dragon riders and tithes
oooooh a war maybe? between the no so loved lord holders and the honorable holds like fort and rutha ^^ and dealing with toric and his ambitious holding in the south
ooooh can we start with a hatching?

undead yes!
unperson no!
gaians agaist vitalism!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:27 pm
Hmmm... the war aspect is always fun... *pounders*

Yes, we'll start with a hatching ^^

Anyone want to play the resident Queen rider? or should we NPC her until the eggs hatch?

Flaconscale

Ifailedmywillsave

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:58 am
The Queen could have been a casualty when Thread started falling again out of season. She flew out to sound the alarm and rouse the weyrfolk when a large clump took her at the base of the neck. Left eggs on the sands when she went between in pain.

Thread doesn't usually fall directly over Benden Weyr, after all, so it would have been a complete shock.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:16 pm
Good points

It would also be a frist ever for a Queen leaving her eggs...

Flaconscale

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:31 pm
which would create tension and start the RP at an exciting point, with the hatching to look forward to ;3  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:01 pm
We like this plan, then? Especially if the Weyrwoman slipped off the edge of the precipice at the edge of the Hatching Ground ramp when her queen was hit... Then, since the Ground is fairly high up, she would end up breaking several bones, passing out, and never reviving due to depression, internal bleeding, and infection.

Sound good?  

Ifailedmywillsave

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:08 pm
Ifailedmywillsave
We like this plan, then? Especially if the Weyrwoman slipped off the edge of the precipice at the edge of the Hatching Ground ramp when her queen was hit... Then, since the Ground is fairly high up, she would end up breaking several bones, passing out, and never reviving due to depression, internal bleeding, and infection.

Sound good?

that sounds so depressing and yet a perfect beginning ;3 its certainly a hard blow for the newborn hatchlings and the young trainers.  
RP Retreat

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff