14%  [ 8 ]
I don't LIKE to read.
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 57

obliVion_099

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:21 pm
Greetings, fellow bookworms! biggrin
I used to read a lot more... now I spend a lot of time on Gaia and my trusty PS2. ninja
However, I still read a lot. My favorite genres are, in order, fantasy, science fiction, realistic fiction, and historical fiction. stare
A few - well, more than a few gonk - of my favorite series are:
Tortall, Star Wars (on which there are about a dozen series of 3 to 7 books each) Inheritance, Harry Potter, His Dark materials, Warriors, Guardians of Ga'Hoole, Redwall, Castaways of the Flying Dutchman, The Bartimaeus Trilogy, Ender's Universe, Dragon Jousters, Inkworld, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, the Silverwing sequence, The Lord of the Rings, Alex Rider, Magyk, Uglies, The Dragonology Chronicles, The Elder Gods... the list is, quite literally xd , endless.
My preffered authors include J.R. Tolkien, Orson Scott Card, Brian Jaques, and Mercedes Lackey. cool
Some of my favorite standalone books include Birdwing, Larklight, Storm Thief, The Sea of Trolls, Cryptid Hunters, Peter and the Starcatchers...
I'd better stop, or i'll be typing all night rofl
P.S. What's this 'Twilight' series everyone's talking about, and why haven't I heard of it? cry So little time, so many books...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:26 am
obliVion_099
Greetings, fellow bookworms! biggrin
I used to read a lot more... now I spend a lot of time on Gaia and my trusty PS2. ninja
However, I still read a lot. My favorite genres are, in order, fantasy, science fiction, realistic fiction, and historical fiction. stare
A few - well, more than a few gonk - of my favorite series are:
Tortall, Star Wars (on which there are about a dozen series of 3 to 7 books each) Inheritance, Harry Potter, His Dark materials, Warriors, Guardians of Ga'Hoole, Redwall, Castaways of the Flying Dutchman, The Bartimaeus Trilogy, Ender's Universe, Dragon Jousters, Inkworld, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, the Silverwing sequence, The Lord of the Rings, Alex Rider, Magyk, Uglies, The Dragonology Chronicles, The Elder Gods... the list is, quite literally xd , endless.
My preffered authors include J.R. Tolkien, Orson Scott Card, Brian Jaques, and Mercedes Lackey. cool
Some of my favorite standalone books include Birdwing, Larklight, Storm Thief, The Sea of Trolls, Cryptid Hunters, Peter and the Starcatchers...
I'd better stop, or i'll be typing all night rofl
P.S. What's this 'Twilight' series everyone's talking about, and why haven't I heard of it? cry So little time, so many books...

The 'Twilight' series is by stephenie meyer. It is a book about a vampire falling in love with a human. Ya. I really don't know how to explain it witout spilling it for someone who is reading the books. It is just a really good book if you're into mythical creatures and such.  

shekinah_mayu

ArcticIllustrator

Tipsy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:47 pm
I am now reading the series Warrior Cats. its a fantasy/non-fiction book, I normally lay on my bed with my kitty curled up on my tummy XD... of course its going very slow, my kitty gets too jelous and nips my arms and mew at me to pet him -.-  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:08 am
I never considered myself a bookworm, and I still don't read as often as I should but I'm reading alot more then I use to. In the last 3 months I have found Nora Roberts, and I checked out high noon from the library and read it and it was amazing. So I'm reading alot of Nora Roberts now, she's a pretty good author if you like romantic thrillers. I'm reading The Hollow now, the second book in The Sign Of Seven Trilogy. (first one is Blood Brothers)  

[~Lady.Ice~]

Tess A Tigre

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:14 am
If you like Nora Roberts you should try her 'other' name as well. She writes under J.D. Robb -- you will need to start with the first one as it is a series - futuristic female cop. Fun, funny, sexy and just a good murder mystery with some really nice 'gee I hope these things really exist before I die' stuff too, like elevators that go sideways as well as up and down.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:57 am
Yea, I knew she was writing under J.D Robb to, but I have never read any of the books under that name, will look into it next time I visit the library.  

[~Lady.Ice~]

Killer Budgie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:15 pm
I just finished Lord Loss. omg. So good.
I also read Das Parfum recently, once again, so good. :3
And I'm in the middle of the Everworld series.

Now I have to find some time to wander up to the library this week to get some more books. whee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:03 pm
I'm a bookworm alright. The only person at work to bring a book for my breaks, and I'm always getting teased about it too. I don't mind though, I love books! My favorites are sci-fi/fantasy but I'm not too terribly picky if something interests me or catches my eye. Right now I'm leading Christian fiction, a book called Masquerade. I just finished Leota's Garden, and that was such a beautiful book. There are a lot of things I want to read, some children's books included (The Secret Garden and A Little Princess) but I'm just taking books as they come mostly. I'm absolutely in love with Stephanie Meyer's Twilight series and can't wait to get my hand's on Breaking Dawn (and then someday on Midnight Sun). Otherwise, I have a ton of favorites, too many to list here, and I adore reading so much I tend to get myself in trouble sometimes. But I have to say I don't mind that either! Lol.  

Lonely Angelic

6,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

obliVion_099

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:42 am
Lonely Angelic
I'm a bookworm alright. The only person at work to bring a book for my breaks, and I'm always getting teased about it too. I don't mind though, I love books! My favorites are sci-fi/fantasy but I'm not too terribly picky if something interests me or catches my eye.

lol, i know what you mean; same here  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:15 pm
well im readin the inheritance trilogy  

tmzriddik

tmzriddik

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:17 pm
obliVion_099
Lonely Angelic
I'm a bookworm alright. The only person at work to bring a book for my breaks, and I'm always getting teased about it too. I don't mind though, I love books! My favorites are sci-fi/fantasy but I'm not too terribly picky if something interests me or catches my eye.

lol, i know what you mean; same here

dude seriously people tease me non stop at skewl for readin at lunch  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:51 pm
zOMG! Breaking Dawn comes out in TWO days!!!!!! *squee!*

Ok, there's my rabid fan-girl moment. Don't worry, they're rare. wink
Anywho, I wish I had time to read at work, but unfortunately most of the time I can only eat and then someone needs me to work again. stare  

Killer Budgie

Tess A Tigre

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:56 pm
I have just finished the first in the series by Kim Harrison about a witch that hunts bad guys, has a vampire for a roomie (female), a pixie as backup with some serious kick a$$ scenes....hope I can put this down long enough to read Meyer's new one and the Acheron comes out on Tuesday...OMG! i am all a-twitter! (if you haven't read Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark hunter series you are really missing A LOT!)  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:02 pm
Dont really read, If I do though it's random internet thing's :3  

Sexual Escapade

xlxBeautifulTragedyxlx

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:03 pm
i love bridge to tereibethi that makes me cry so does hurt go happy.right mow im reding BREAKING DAWN  
Off- Topic

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff