Lostt Eviie

3,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:33 am
These are movie quotes, but oh well...

From Back to the Future:

1955 Doctor Emmett Brown aka Doc: Great Scott! 1.21 gigawatts! 1.21 gigawatts! [runs into his office]
Marty McFly: [runs after Doc] What the hell is a gigawatt?

From National Treasure: Book of Secrets:

Riley Poole: So let's recap: We've broken into Buckingham Palace, and the Oval Office, stolen a page from the President's super-secret book, and actually kidnapped the President of the United States. What are we gonna do next, short-sheet the Pope's bed?
Ben Gates: Well, you never know.

From Next:

Cris Johnson: [voiceover] Here is the thing about the future. Every time you look at, it changes, because you looked at it, and that changes everything else.

Cris Johnson: [voiceover] Every once in a while what we think is magic is the real deal hiding behind a $50.00 trick, because the alternative is impossible for others to live with.

From I, Robot:

Detective Del Spooner: You know, somehow "I told you so" just doesn't quite say it.

Detective Del Spooner: [after being told the large number of steps he'd have to climb] Do me a favor. Keep that kind of s**t to your self.

Dr. Susan Calvin: [answering the detective's question on how much time the shut down requires] About 6 minutes. Why?
Detective Del Spooner: Because I seriously doubt that we have 6 minutes.
[camera zooms out to show thousands of NS-5s scaling the outside of the building.]

Dr. Susan Calvin: [explaining why she couldn't kill Sonny] I couldn't. It just didn't feel right.
Detective Del Spooner: You and your feelings. They just run you, don't they?

From Ghost Rider:

Caretaker: You alright?
Johnny Blaze: Yeah, I'm good. I feel like my skull is on fire, but I'm good.

Johnny Blaze: You can't live in fear.

Johnny Blaze: [to Roxanne]You could've said no. When they asked you to interview me, you could've said no.

Blackheart: There's an old saying: Raise no more devils than you can lay down. My father raised one too many.

[last lines]
Caretaker: [voiceover] It's said that the West was built on legends. And that legends are a way of understanding things greater than ourselves. Forces that shape our lives, events that defy explanation. Individuals whose lives soar to the heavens or fall to the earth. This is how legends are born. [Johnny transforms into Ghost Rider]  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:18 pm
I can only think of two at the moment...I know there are soo many more though.

"There's always a loophole when you're Jewish!" This quote was made by me and two of my best friends. It was actually created at a wake...There's a whole hysterical story behind it.

AND

there's a quote from New Moon where bella is saying to Edward that she must still be dreaming or that she's dead because Edward is with her again...i really can not think of what it is exactly...  

Hime_ookami

dstnyisurs

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:45 am

"War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitly more horrible than the worst horrors of war and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for.."

-Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

"Miss Mary Mack Mack Mack
All Dressed in Black Black Black
She has a Knife Kinife Knife
Stuck In Her Back Back Back
She cannot Breath Breath Breath
She cannot Cry Cry Cry
Thats why she Begs Begs Begs
She begs to Die Die Die"

-Blue Is For Nightmares

"I take out a strike-anywhere match and hold it against the box.
Should I do it?
Yes. Do it.
I strike the match, but it doesn't light. Try again.
I light the match. Nothing happens. I bring it closer to my wrist and then it goes up,all over me, eating my through everywhere. I can't breathe. I'm screaming..."

-The Burn Journals, Brent Runyon

"She was elusive. She was today. She was tomorrow. She was the faintest scent of a cactus flower, the flitting shadow of an elf owl. We did not know what to make of her. In our minds we tried to pin her to corkboard like a butterfly but the pin merely went through and away she flew."
-Stargirl, Jerry Spinelli

"Wish
you could turn off
the questions, turn
off the voices,
turn off all the sound.
Yearn
to close out
the ugliness, close
out the filthiness,
close out all light.
Long
to cast away
yesterday, cast
away memory,
cast away all jeopardy.
Pray
you could somehow stop
the uncertainty, somehow
stop the loathing,
somehow stop the pain.
Act
on your impulse,
swallow the bottle,
cut a little deeper,
put the gun to your chest."

-Impulse, Ellen Hopkins

"...my parents said hitting someone was the worst thing your could do. Stealing was the secnod, and lying was third. Before I was twelve, I would have comitted all three of those crimes."
-Kira Kira, Cynthia Kadohata

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:46 pm
oh i know! it's from lord of the rings... bilbo says it at his birthday party in fellowship. its in the movie and the book

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."- Bilbo Baggins

my absalute favorite quote of all time!

i like the ones on stephanie meyer's website from Breaking Dawn

"Jasper? What do vampires do for bachelor parties? You're not taking him to a strip club, are you?"-Bella

that one had me laughing so hard.  

5thmarauder

Lostt Eviie

3,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:03 pm
5thmarauder
oh i know! it's from lord of the rings... bilbo says it at his birthday party in fellowship. its in the movie and the book

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."- Bilbo Baggins

my absalute favorite quote of all time!

i like the ones on stephanie meyer's website from Breaking Dawn

"Jasper? What do vampires do for bachelor parties? You're not taking him to a strip club, are you?"-Bella

that one had me laughing so hard.

Yeah, that quote made me rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:43 pm
"I'm living in a Salvador Dali painting."
-Robert Langdon, The DeVinci Code  

Crystal_rose777

Out of Kansas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:28 pm
I have a new one too! It's from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (video game)

~At the beginning of part two Elinciana is trying to get Nealuchi to leave with Leanne, when he refuses she says to leave if the order is given, not to keep fighting. And he says...

Nealuchi: No one holds a candle to the speed at which the raven tribe retreats.

You'd have to play the games to get it though. -.- ~  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:55 pm
Okay guys, sorry, but the quotes sticky is being demoted to a normal thread. It isn't really a necessary sticky and it will live on as a normal thread. So yeah.... Oh, and from Breaking Dawn (wording might not be exact): "You nicknamed my daughter after the Loch Ness Monster!?" Ha ha, that was a good one...  

penandpaper67
Captain

5thmarauder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:23 pm
penandpaper67
Okay guys, sorry, but the quotes sticky is being demoted to a normal thread. It isn't really a necessary sticky and it will live on as a normal thread. So yeah.... Oh, and from Breaking Dawn (wording might not be exact): "You nicknamed my daughter after the Loch Ness Monster!?" Ha ha, that was a good one...

lol loved that one! had me absalutly rolling...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:31 pm
Silence makes the real conversation between friends. Not the saying but the never needing to say is what counts.
-Margaret Lee Runbeck

True friendship comes when silence between two people is comfortable.
-Dave Tyson Gentry

I always felt that the great high privilege, relief and comfort of friendship was that no one had to explain nothing.
-Katherine Mansfield

lakita_phoenix

a boy lilikoi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:31 pm
I am so too lazy to go and find it,
but it's from the 5th HP book.
when Harry "meets" Sirius' mom. xD

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:09 pm
"Don't be silly, Trees can't talk. I'm a rock!" I think this was a Terry Pratchett book 3nodding  

Angel_Child_Of_Grace

Ismira87

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:27 pm
Day: 8 Contest: 17

"NOT MY DAUGHTER B***H!" - Mrs. Weasley (Harry Potter #7)

"Are we drunk yet?"
"If we aren't we just wasted a great deal of very good wine."
"We must be drunk then... good, now that's decided, what shall we sing?"
-Silk & Urgit (The Mallorean)

"Where's Brill?"
"Last I saw him he was trying to fly."
"How was he doing?"
"Not very well, does bouncing count?"
"No."
"Well then no, not very well."

-Silk & Belgarath (The Belgariad)  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:54 pm
Post 3/35

I have a handful, but they're all rather short (ish).

"Hobey ho, let's go!"~Vo Spader, Pendragon, The Lost City of Faar (as well as every other book he appears in!)

"I'm in love with my lust, burning angel wings to dust"~Tuomas Holopainen, Wish I Had an Angel

"Nearly headless? How can you be nearly headless?" Hermiopne Granger, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

Plus my favorite:

"Reality is what it says it is-real." Sylvia Browne, Phenomenon  

Colonel T-Bone

Charitable Lunatic

10,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Generous 100

Lady Regina

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:16 pm
i have many but this is my favorite

"The truth is rarely pure and never simple"