Kyohei Suzumiya

Clean Millionaire

3,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:43 pm
Riku O13-
Ok, I have a question about 358/2 Days for the release. 1st, I was reading all of the information on the 1st page, and I specifically saw that the game was scheduled in Summer 08'. But, are you talking about the release for Japan, or America? Please, fill me in some more. And sorry about giving a little incorrect error on Birth By Sleep, and if I made any errors talking about 358/2 Days. But, is it really true that the game will have Wi-Fi?

Its no problem at least you posted it ^_^
Now the Current release date is Q42008 (october-winter) for Japan every I posted in that 1st reply to you on this page is ALL the current release Data
Nomura says he plans on bringing the game to the US but I've heard NOTHING about a U.K. release sad
Now Nomura also stated something to the effect that the only reason the DS was chosen for this game was its Wireless Capabilities, he obviously wants us to play with others so we can expect Wi-fi ok =D  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:30 pm
Here's an interview of 358/2 Nomura did a BBS one too mrgreen

---Is there a connection to 358/2 Days and Birth by Sleep?

Nomura: Yes, they link in various ways.

---This time the trailer revealed the name and voice of the 14th member!

Nomura: The timing of revealing her voice to the public was a mistake. (Smiles) In fact, it was not intended to be released. It's because her voice becomes a hint.

---Riku has officially seen the face of Xion, did he recognize it?

Nomura: Seems so, doesn't it? Roxas is the hero this time, Sora doesn't have any active involvement with the Disney characters. But for example, look at Belle and the Beast, they're interested in discovering what love is; the players will learn about the character's hearts. Roxas learns various things from the Disney characters and before long he becomes doubtful of the Organization.

---Axel yells at Xion, "I'll bring you back no matter how many times it takes", but why does the word "you" refer to multiple people?

Nomura: That's still a secret as well. But Axel's determination here of "bring you back no matter how many times it takes" is connected to when he said he would bring Roxas back in Kingdom Hearts II.

---The keyword "memory" also appears, but what in regards to this?

Nomura: The catch copy* of this game is "I can't remember, something important". Though in the original Kingdom Hearts the concept was to "illustrate the heart". In regards to the relationship between one's heart and one's memory, it is intimate. In this game the main characters are nobodies who don't have hearts, therefore the theme of memories is featured.  

Kyohei Suzumiya

Clean Millionaire

3,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Kyohei Suzumiya

Clean Millionaire

3,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:47 pm
oh Yeah I'm on a roll today whee

Ok I found some feedback from people who played the 358/2 days demo at the DKS party------

1. There were concerns regarding a poor implementation of the camera (about as bad the 1st KH, which sometimes had pretty big camera related problems). Apparently, the camera is bad, but there is a way to shift it.

My take: since it's confirmed by the ppl that played the demo that the camera can be moved, i guess its poor implementation isn't a very big worry mrgreen . Though I'd rather focus on a boss in a boss battle and not on shifting the camera so i can see the boss.

2. I've read of ppl complaining about the control method after playing the demo. In 2d games (like CoM) controlling your avatar with the D-pad works. However, in a completely 3d environment, the D-pad doesn't work so well...a stick is always the better option. So the complains about poor control in the demo worry me.

My take: I know other 3d games, like FFCC: RoF, use a completely 3d environment and the control works pretty well. However, RoF had a fixed and somewhat isometric perspective. In a game like KH, with a shiftable camera, poor control of your avatar can break the game. This is probably the most important but I'm sure it'll be fixed if its even a current problem wink

3. Because they went full 3d and maked the world and characters very detailed and because you are accompanied in your missions (which means another 3d character to render in realtime, besides your avatar), SE (or rather h.a.n.d.) drastically reduced the number of on-screen enemies to 2, max

My take: the "too few enemies on-screen" complaint was mainly for the mutliplayer (Seeing as there are four other characters already plus the heartless). Hopefully we'll see more enemies in the main quest. Or if anything, keep everything the same as KH I & II (difficulty wise) and just have new enemies spawning after you kill the last wave of enemies, which would play out something like this:

*run into a new area*

*Get attacked by 5 heartless*

*Kill one of them and a new heartless takes its place*

*Keep this up until no more heartless spawn in that area*

Or you could kill all five and then after you beat them five more take their place. Either way
--------
Conclusion:

ALL the negative criticism came from the 1UP preview. And pretty much ALL their criticism was completely debunked by the other news sites. They said the camera could NOT be shifted by ANY means. That's totally untrue. You can use the touch screen to move it around or the R button to send it behind Roxas.

The D-pad is not as good as analog control, but most DS games where you can move in 360 degree directions work just fine. It'll only take a short while to get used to.

As for the heartless count, 1up was judging the multiplayer mode. You have 4 characters going at once. In single player, you have only two. Here's how I figure the on-screen character counts:

Multiplayer mode- 4 characters, about 3-4 enemies
Single Player mode- 2 characters, probably about 5-6 enemies

I figure the single player count due to the fact that there are 2 fewer main playable characters. That makes plenty more room for enemy models. All in all, there will likely be a total of 7-8 models onscreen at once (characters and enemies). Since there aren't as many player characters onscreen in single player mode, they can fit more enemies onscreen at a time. It balances out the technical limitations.

On the upside, the previews all report detailed and beautiful environments with a smooth framerate.

And I'd avoid listening to 1UP. They're notorious for pulling untrue things out of their asses. stare  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:38 pm
OK the latest translated scans

http://www.khinsider.com/images/!l/nd1.jpg

http://www.khinsider.com/images/!l/nd2.jpg

http://www.khinsider.com/images/!l/nd3.jpg

http://www.khinsider.com/images/!l/nd4.jpg  

Kyohei Suzumiya

Clean Millionaire

3,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Xashowd

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:08 pm
Awesome scans. This is the most and best info I've had about the game in a while!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:31 pm
DarkShadowItachi7
Awesome scans. This is the most and best info I've had about the game in a while!

Aww thanks now I feel appreciated mrgreen  

Kyohei Suzumiya

Clean Millionaire

3,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Xashowd

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:45 am
No problem. I seriously can't wait until this game comes out. Once there's a release date, it'll be the first thing on my mind! In the meantime, I'm sure you'll be able to find lots of cool info!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:44 pm
Sorry to sound like a rude jackass, but I cannot wait any longer for 358/2 Days!!! crying . I've been watching new gameplay videos on YouTube. And, more than expected, which is what I expected. It's blown me away, this will be the best game on DS in my opinion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNQ0tVKIvp0
This has new footage of it. I hope you enjoy. This also contains Birth By Sleep gameplay, and new pictures of Coded. biggrin  

LL_Mihael Keehl_LL

Xashowd

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:43 pm
Cool. I thought the battle with the cat on BBS was pretty neat.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:11 pm
DarkShadowItachi7
Cool. I thought the battle with the cat on BBS was pretty neat.
No problem, glad you enjoyed the video! mrgreen mrgreen  

LL_Mihael Keehl_LL

Erufite Mythlis
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:17 am
yeah it'll definitely be the best ds game
that was awesome  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:42 pm
junkatzdollXIII
yeah it'll definitely be the best ds game
that was awesome
That's the spirit, my friend! biggrin  

LL_Mihael Keehl_LL

Erufite Mythlis
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:41 pm
i cant wait to see the lower enemies in battle
i still dont know what they're called!!!
any1?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:37 pm
junkatzdollXIII
i cant wait to see the lower enemies in battle
i still dont know what they're called!!!
any1?
Are you talking about the heartless, or the Nobodies?  

LL_Mihael Keehl_LL

Erufite Mythlis
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:18 am
if u've seen pics or videos
there are neither
the basic onnes such as shadows are blue
and are very wtwitchy and fast
there are no heartless or nobodies in this game
khinsider has some pics of terra fighting them
and some translated mags with a discription of him fighting
"an enemy that is unknown to gamers"