Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
do you like full screen or wide screen? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DippedInBlack

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:01 pm
i think that full screen sometimes makes the people on the screen look fat, and then on widescreen, its just fine!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:14 pm
Lil_LocoCocoa
WolfDemonNinja
RedWhiteBlack
EmilyScissorhands
Widescreen, most definitely. Judging from a cinematic perspective, it's the better choice. A lot of the picture is cut out of Full screen, and the remaining image is often warped slightly. Watch Lord of the Rings in Widescreen, then watch it in Fullscreen. The difference is amazing.

I try to avoid Fullscreen whenever I can... Unless the movie was filmed in Fullscreen originally. I typically go with however the director wants his film viewed. It's his or her work of art, after all.

Stole the words right out of my mouth. Totally agree with you.

yep i agree too
I agree also~
Besides, it's more fun watching Widescreen, & for some reason, (This is my opinion, alone) the fun of watching a movie is taken away when your watching Fullscreen. I may be wrong, but, it's really everyone's opinion~ domokun domokun domokun

I agree completely. After a while I just ignore the black parts and am so focsed on the movie that it doesn't bother me. I'm not one for full screen, though I will get a movie with full screen if it's the only way I can find it. XD

Powered By Ryu 666

Skilled Lover

Powered By Ryu 666

Skilled Lover

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:17 pm
Strange-1 Cosplays
It's a common assumption that wide screen cuts off part of the movie and full screen does not. That is a lie. If you know anything about movies, you know that (mostly) they are made for theatres. Theatres have a wide screen, which is a rectangle instead of a square. Thus, the films are shot with that in mind, using wide lenses, instead of square shots. Then the movies get put on DVD (or VHS if you're retro like that) and are played on TV screens. TV screens are square (except new ones like HD and stuff). Can you see where this is going? Full screen is where they cut off the edges of the movie (or stretch it, so the perspective is wonky) so that it will fit perfectly on the TV screen. In wide screen the movie is the size it was originally filmed in, not cutting anything off, and not stretching the picture. That is why I prefer wide screen over full screen.

(I don't know exactly how wide screen TVs work, so you'd have to ask someone else about the formatting on that.)

Sorry for the wall of text.

With a wide screen TV, when you watch a wide screen movie, naturally, it fits the whole screen perfectly. When you buy a full screen movie and watch it on a wide screen TV, you have black parts on the sides of the screen instead of top and bottom. ^_^ FYI: I have one, that's how I know, unless someone else has one that works differently, but that's how mine works. ^_^

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:33 pm
I kind of like both, but I like full screen more better.  

Xsilver_cloudX

Invisible Hunter

Niran_Betta_Fish

Swashbuckling Man-Lover

37,190 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:09 pm
I don't care if it fits the screen or not, especially since the black spot at the bottom is good for closed captioning. What I do care about is seeing the whole shot as intended. I do not want characters cut off the screen, etc. widescreen all the way.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:38 pm
It's gotta be widescreen. Fullscreen is cut to fit your tube using pan and scan.
That's why so many movies have one-sided conversations, closeups of noses all that weirdness. The edges of the frame have been chopped off leaving just the middle or so. For my 10 bucks I want to see the WHOLE movie not just the center.
The bombing of London in 28 Weeks Later would blow in full-screen and so would the fight choreography in the Matrix. Any movie can get wrecked in full-screen, trust me.  

Foolkiller

Strange Kiddo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:13 am
Ryuki Kirima
Strange-1 Cosplays
It's a common assumption that wide screen cuts off part of the movie and full screen does not. That is a lie. If you know anything about movies, you know that (mostly) they are made for theatres. Theatres have a wide screen, which is a rectangle instead of a square. Thus, the films are shot with that in mind, using wide lenses, instead of square shots. Then the movies get put on DVD (or VHS if you're retro like that) and are played on TV screens. TV screens are square (except new ones like HD and stuff). Can you see where this is going? Full screen is where they cut off the edges of the movie (or stretch it, so the perspective is wonky) so that it will fit perfectly on the TV screen. In wide screen the movie is the size it was originally filmed in, not cutting anything off, and not stretching the picture. That is why I prefer wide screen over full screen.

(I don't know exactly how wide screen TVs work, so you'd have to ask someone else about the formatting on that.)

Sorry for the wall of text.

With a wide screen TV, when you watch a wide screen movie, naturally, it fits the whole screen perfectly. When you buy a full screen movie and watch it on a wide screen TV, you have black parts on the sides of the screen instead of top and bottom. ^_^ FYI: I have one, that's how I know, unless someone else has one that works differently, but that's how mine works. ^_^

I have one, too, but ours doesn't work like that. If we watch a wide screen movie, it puts black bars on the top and bottom and stretches it out for some reason. I think we have to fix the settings or something, but I don't know how to do it and it drives me crazy.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:20 pm
I like full screen because it fits my computer and tv. However if I had a wide screen (ie those flat long tvs) I think I'd be fonder of a widescreen video.
But I find playing a wide screen film on my laptop or tv is very annoying to my eyes, what with two huge black lines over and under it lol  

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Wingedspirityayoi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:15 pm
I like both. Full screen is good when you want to feel like your in the movie and Wide screen for some movies. whee  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:40 pm
I like both. it depends on the movie.  

Mince mii

Distinct Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conversationalist 100

morbid_beauty

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:44 pm
I don't mind...i use to to prefer fullscreen...when i buy movies i usually buy fullscreen though...because my dad bitches about the widescreen...so whenever a movie is widescreen i have to adjust it...I hate that...it looks awkward...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:06 pm
full screen!  

Princesa Nancy

650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50

PixiePrincess1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:06 pm
hm.. i pick FULL SCREEN!! [:  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:20 pm
Wide screen is better because there is more to look at!!!  

danarchy27

6,800 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items