A place for anyone who enjoys a good book 

Tags: reading, writing, books, roleplay, discussion 

Reply Readers' and Writers' Guild
Dog-Earring Pages...What's Your Opinion? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dog-earring...Good, Bad...Or UGLY? (Or You?)
  It's a very good thing!
  It's a very bad thing!
  IT MUST DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRAAAAHHHH
  I dog ear books!! Yay!
  I dog ear books-sorry :[ :[ :[
  (the infamous:) I like pie
View Results

daisymae12

4,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:01 am
I only dog ear my own books, never any from a library.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:22 am
I used to not do anything to keep my place in my books because I would just skim through and find just about where I left off. Either that or I would memorize what page number I was on. (I have a fuzzy photographic memory) Recently though, with school getting busier and me beginning to read more than one book, I've begun using the bookmarks my parents gave me. Personally though, I don't care if someone dog-ears their books, but I just won't do it because it kinda gives me the shivers about the condition of the book. I tend to read my favorite books over and over again and anything that keeps them from being destroyed is prefered. The only problem is that some end up getting destroyed by being in my purse with another book, a notebook, pencil, sweets, my wallet, cellphone, and my semi-destructive mannerisms (I'm sorry! I don't mean to do it!)  

Lore_Maester

3,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Autobiographer 200

Ismira87

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:46 pm
Day: 2 Contest: 11

Personally, I don't dog-ear books that often... I only really do it in text books when I'm in a hurry and need to find a page again later.

But I don't mind when others do it. I just wouldn't want to buy a book that someone had done it to.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:01 pm
I only do on my own books. For the library I use either the card in the pocket they put in or a bookmark I grab when I'm there.  

Fierce Deity Rocker

Lyrical Sympathy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:34 pm
User Image

It never even really helped me. I always use a bookmark. It doesn't really bother me when other people do it, either. As long as they don't do it to a book that belongs to ME.

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:06 am
I do this too it's pretty annoying to have bookmarks I always lose my page now thats annoying! ninja  

Ninja Otaku Gurl

WickedSong

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:56 am
So long as people stay away from my books, I have no problem with it. But I don't dog ear books. Then again, I don't let anyone crease the spines of my books either. Most of my collection look more or less new.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:25 am
I used to be a chronic dog-earer, until I realized I realized I was slowly destroying my books. Now I shudder at the thought of dog-earing. I'm not a big fan of bookmarks either since I always wind up losing them, so now I just memorize the page I'm on. I'll make a song out of it if I have to XD  

Waffled Flambe

Curtis Danko

6,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:50 pm
I wont do it if its a book I borrowed from someone, but if Its my book its alright.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:52 am
I don't do it to my books and I think it's exceedingly rude to do it to other people's books. If I can't find anything to use as a book mark I will shut it anyway rather than dog ear it. I stop letting people borrow books if they dog ear my books; I see it as a sign of disrespect.
Even if I am borrowing a book from somebody who dog ears their books, I will still use a book mark or just shut the book. I consider it their markings on their property and it's not my place to put my own markings on it.

If I bought the book from a store that uses those magnetic security strips to protect their property, I use the magnetic strip since it loses it's stickiness enough to not tear the pages. They make a good bookmark if you forget one since it's already in the book.  

Hybrid Defect

Readers' and Writers' Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces