Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Disappointing Movies
Pan's Labyrinth: Contains Spoiler Info Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

You hate it too?
  Worst movie ever.
  I hate it.
  Have not seen it yet, so I'll hate it later.
  Have not seen it, but I already know I hate it.
View Results

CoolWhipSD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:14 pm
I actually detest violence and gore, but Pan's Labyrinth is still one of my favorite movies. So there must be something good there. :]  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:08 pm
I personally loved the storyline and well the whole movie was great. When I first seen the previews I thought it would make a good movie to watch with my nephew when I babysit, but once I seen the movie I liked it but I didnt want him watching that. I think that if they wouldnt have made the previews seem so nice that people wouldnt mistaken it and debate over who liked it and who didnt. BLAME THE PREVIEWS, thats all im saying stop stepping on each others toes about it.  

GC Dogdemonz9

3,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Team Jacob 100

MaliceSkyy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:59 pm
I loved this movie... I think you missed the point... But I fell head over heels for this movie... Was very well done for a "dark fantasy".  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:30 am
The violence and gore within the film were entirely essential, because although the fantasy bits looked good, they were only there to serve as a commentary on the period it was set within. I mean, any film that is brave enough to tackle the Spanish Civil War and Franco's occupation gets props from me because it is still a touchy subject within the country.  

loIitoads

madbugz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:27 pm
i thought Pan's Labrynth was a great film for it being in subtitles sure it wasn't what i expected it was 10* better!!! As soon as i got to the end my jaw dropped and i was in tears but they were happy tears lol totally want to watch it again.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:16 am
madbugz
i thought Pan's Labrynth was a great film for it being in subtitles sure it wasn't what i expected it was 10* better!!! As soon as i got to the end my jaw dropped and i was in tears but they were happy tears lol totally want to watch it again.

I don't think sub-titling reduces the quality of a film particularly. It's better than comic dubbing anyway.  

loIitoads

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:58 pm
Lolicat von Doom
madbugz

I don't think sub-titling reduces the quality of a film particularly. It's better than comic dubbing anyway.

Keep in mind the age group you're talking too; most kids under 18 abhor subtitles because it actually requires them to read, which, in their minds, is something that should be done at school only. My brother pulls that excuse all the time when we watch Miyazaki's films.

Come to think of it, I don't think there is an option to dub English audio over Pan's Labyrinth on the DVD anyway.

And on the topic of comic dubbing: have you seen Woody Allen's Annie Hall? While in most cases comic dubbing is dreadful, I find Allen's use of dubbing in one scene adds a depth that wouldn't have existed otherwise.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:59 pm
RedWhiteBlack
Lolicat von Doom
madbugz

Keep in mind the age group you're talking too; most kids under 18 abhor subtitles because it actually requires them to read, which, in their minds, is something that should be done at school only. My brother pulls that excuse all the time when we watch Miyazaki's films.

Come to think of it, I don't think there is an option to dub English audio over Pan's Labyrinth on the DVD anyway.

And on the topic of comic dubbing: have you seen Woody Allen's Annie Hall? While in most cases comic dubbing is dreadful, I find Allen's use of dubbing in one scene adds a depth that wouldn't have existed otherwise.

I wouldn't like to generalise it to an age group, just the majority of people seem to detest sub-titles. Happily the rise in popularity of anime has seen this begin to slip away slightly.
I can't speak for what's on the DVD, although I desperately wish that I did, I don't own it.

I'll have to look Annie Hall up, I've not seen this. That said, I'm generally skeptical of anything Allen does, I'm really not a fan.  

loIitoads

madbugz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:49 pm
No its not that i dont like subtitles i mean i love The Butterfly i think it is its in French and i absolutley am inlove with it its just its such a dark film that i thought the subtitles took away the mysteriousness of it thats all. lol  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:48 pm
madbugz
No its not that i dont like subtitles i mean i love The Butterfly i think it is its in French and i absolutley am inlove with it its just its such a dark film that i thought the subtitles took away the mysteriousness of it thats all. lol

Could you please expand on that? How do you think it took away from the mysteriousness? I'm have a little trouble grasping your point.  

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

madbugz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:12 pm
Ok well the film is mostly in a dark setting and the dark setting has to be dark to give it that mysterious feel well it gets distracting when your looking at bright white words i thought it ruined the magic of the dark mystery if that makes sense to you lol  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:52 am
I actually enjoyed this movie, but i agree that it was advertised somewhat wrong.
I think it's still a fantasy movie, but i agree, there were not alot of fantasy scenes.
I really think this should have been advertised as a war movie rather than a fantasy.  

Sarahdinosaur

Tales of Yore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:03 pm

I don't think it's fair to say the movie sucks because it wasn't what you expected. Being violent and having gore does not automatically make it a slasher flick. It was set around the time of the Spanish Civil War. Of course there's going to be violence.

Disappointing Movies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff