Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Introduction Threads
Geezers from outside the US ~ ESL Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

watercolourgal

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:52 am
Shirley_J_Marie
Wow, it's really wonderful to see there are so many people from around the world here and you all are very good with English!
I'm from Canada and only speak English. I took Latin in school. Don't know what good I thought that would do me!!!! rolleyes

I'm a fellow Canadian and only speak English too, however, I do know a bit of French and the odd swear word in Dutch (mother's side of family from Holland) sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:47 pm
Hello there!!!! I'm from Uruguay, and probably the only one from there here!

I speak Spanish originally, but I've studied English since I was 4, so I'm pretty good at it. I also have some knowledge of Portuguese, since Uruguay is neighbour with Brazil biggrin  

Doppelganger007

flash_75

3,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:48 pm
scream MEXICAN BABY AND PROUD TO BE ONE!!!! scream

the thing is a little bit strange with me cuz my spanish is worst than my english written and spoken XD but yea spanish is my native language and english is the second. At the place I work I treat alot of portugese speaking people so I can understand it a little not much. Also I understand basic japanese but not enough to have a conversation sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:31 pm
wow sweatdrop im the only australian here i speak english & only english hey canada  

Rainbow_Raver_baby

Lil-Jo
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:03 pm
We just picked up our exchange student, he is from Germany and his family is Vietnamese... So I have both of them covered for a while.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:53 pm
im Canadian! and only speak english. lol Hi all!!  

e-sha

Zoitsa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:56 am
Stargazer Lily
geezers who are from outside the US ... things may get lost in translation...

Don't worry. My first language is greek and even if I sometimes type in greek many greeks understand other things from the things I m typing. So many times its a matter of good "attention" to what you read.
My second language as u can see is english, I understand some german, italian, french and turkish.

Nice to see you all in Gaian Geezers Guild that means we are all adults..

Kalispera apo tin Ellada
Good evening from Greece  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:00 am
jesse_custer
scotland here so i guess my native tongue is english!

Isnt it scottish? biggrin  

Zoitsa

grilltime

Cluttered Lover

7,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:43 am
scottish here. my english is kind of ok, so bear wit me and my poor grammer and spelling.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:04 pm
I'm from the US. And only speak English.

I know a little bit of French. Enough to get by in France but not enough to have a conversation.

I would love to become fluent in French and learn German and Italian.

elwine

jellysundae

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:34 pm
I'm English, and as a nation, we're notorious for not learning any other languages. Bit of a hangover from the Imperialistic days, where we just expected everyone else to learn English instead of learning making any effort ourselves.. redface

But you have to admit, other people do learn English, so the attitude kinda worked eek

I learnt French and a bit of Spanish at school, but I can't remember much of either..
I'm convinced that British schools only teach French because it's the nearest "proper" foreign country, as in, seperated from us by water.

I'd have thought it would be far more sensible to teach Spanish in British schools instead of French, as there are far more Latino countries than there are French speaking ones.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:04 pm
Hi guys!

你们大家好!<---- that means hello guys, hola amigos, etc etc.

I am from hot humid Singapore, and English and Chinese are both my first languages. If anyone ever needs Chinese help, let me know.

I also chum over at the Singapore Guild, together with a small bunch of avid Gaia users. Nice to meet all of 'ya!  

Master 0f the 0bvious

jellysundae

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:48 am
Oh dear, something tells me that it could be time I went to bed.

I misread Master 0f the 0bvious's comment as rabid Gaia users..hope that wasn't a Freudian slip wink  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:03 pm
i'm from mexico.... though living in uruguay
i dont struggle with english... except for maybe some weird word i dont know; but i am very fluent. I was an english teacher at some point in my life. And i also speak french fluently (not a great writer though, it's been quite a while...) and spanish of course  

cattirun

8,100 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

xtna28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:43 am
anyone here from the philippines? because i am! lol
our major language is tagalog but i've got no problems conversing in english. ^^  
Introduction Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff