Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Serious Conversations
do you beleive in God!!?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stellacadente

9,600 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:38 pm
I'm a pagan, so I believe in lots of gods. Goddesses, especially. mrgreen

But I hear what you're saying about people who don't believe in a higher power of some sort. It's their prerogative, of course, and I respect that. But some are so cynical and I feel bad for them about that part.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:42 pm
What I can say about this is God does exist and he's here for good, but I also believe in Satan who's here for evil. That's enough for me.  

Yumenai

Yumenai

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:45 pm
Yume the free Ninja
What I can say about this is God does exist and he's here for good, but I also believe in Satan who's here for evil. That's enough for me---Well, maybe I could believe other super being in the world. They might exist...just think about it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:15 pm
Evylyn Rose
Akiyhrah
(No, I am not Wiccan. No offense to actual Wiccans, but in my opinion, it is a frou-frou hippy religion lol))

*is Wiccan* Haha and that's what happens when you try to bring a religion into the mainstream that has a theology different from the norm. Stupid fluffy bunnies. XD The religion as it truly is isn't "frou-frou" but pick a handful of self-proclaimed Wiccans at random and talk to them you're likely to get at least 7 of them to prove your point. wink

lol I'm glad you understood what I meant by that comment. I know Wiccans who are perfectly un frou-frou ( blaugh ) but the little teeny-boppers trying to find a cool, rebellious religion have turned the mainstream version of Wicca into a joke.  

KittytheSheGeek

Wealthy Ladykiller

8,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Wendy Essex

Intergalactic Saint

15,000 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:14 am
Dragon student
Wendy Essex
Dragon student
I'm fully prepared to defend myself on Zombie Jesus, Female God, and Foster Mom Mary.

Well technically she wasn't a foster. She's a surrogate mom, A "baby momma", or as I affectionaly called myself when I was pregnant "an egg warmer".
xd I'm so going to use that from now on since it fits with the funniness of Zombie Jesus.

LOL. Glad I could help.

I was raised in a Baptist (I'm not sure what kind) household by my aunt, my dad is some sort of born again Christianand my mom is a Pagan of sorts. I guess you can say so I grew up with a very skewd view of things. In my experience there's good and bad points about each "religion" but that because religions are man made, and their churches.

My worst life experiences have been in churches, a supposed holy place where we all come together to praise our one true "leader" where there was supposed to be no judgement passed, and yet, there was. It was very disappointing to see the human flaws in something that's supposed to be greater than all of us.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:30 pm
No offence but Satan is the Antithesis of God, if you believe that one exhists then the other exhists as well. Just because your so called faith don't follow the" Lord's" techings doesn't make it any less real from your religious standpoint. Just thought I'd point that out. You can't have one without the other.  

Wendy Essex

Intergalactic Saint

15,000 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Noble Shade 100

RoleOfAQS

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:40 pm
Yes, I believe in God. However, this is not built upon faith such as for others, but due to things I have come to believe on my own.

For all of science's efforts to prove that God does not exist, they only make more and more points to the fact that they cannot disprove him. In fact, they only make my belief stronger, with each 'new' discovery.

Science, you see, claims that you cannot create the world in seven days. But science is stupid, and fails to see that in Religion, terms are not to be taken literally, but rather figuratively. Each day is in fact a period of time. Not only this, but each day can also be pinned down to a point in time that science believes 'happened instead'. If you want further explanation, I shall give it if asked.

Second, I believe God, though all powerful, acts more like a GM than anything else. Let me explain - In an RP, a GM is the storyteller. They're in charge of keeping the story on track. However, they cannot intervene directly. Rather, instead of doing this, they use Deus ex Machina techniques to put the story back on track. We call those things 'miracles' here in real life.

Likewise, I believe that Satan is a necessary evil. What makes a person who they are is how they approach evil. There are many ways - revoking it, attacking it, ignoring it, embracing it, etc... On top of that, they don't always do the same thing. Each time an instance comes up, they must make a choice. Had it not been for Satan, we would not have become the people we are today. His challenges, trials, etc.. shape us into the people that we are.

Both God and Satan are necessary. I personally believe in balance in all things. God is the 'beacon, the light'. Satan is the 'schemer, the dark'. Both the light and dark are necessary in life.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:45 pm
I do believe in a god. Its just my defanition of what god is that differs to alot of people.

See I am not going to go right off and say that god if this life form that all powerful but at the same time I am not going to go saying that god is just an atom sort of thing for you see to me there has been no proff eather way. So I like to keep my mind open to any of the options that are out there. But I do believe in the thought of a god.  

President Kristian Fry

7,950 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

boopsie63

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:33 pm
This comment is to ( the Left hand of evil) guy.I said be nice. You are not nice. If the word JESUS makes you sick then I beleive you your self must be Satan. Which was once a angel of God. I also thought the guild was for grown ups so, that we can have grown up conversations. You must have gotten on this sight by mistake.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:39 pm
I beleive in God just not a lot of his follwers the christans and others are hipocrits my mother got a divorce from my father because he was mentaly abusing us the churches own councler said go ahead, then when my mom came back to church the women all treated my mom like she a whore who gonna go after their men some caring helping people pff. I am a wicca or shaman witch i beleive in god but a goddess too his femine side. its the same guy just different part of him we are open to many religoins and base our individual beliefs and others into one and no we dont praise the devil. Real witches dont even believe in hell let alone satan we beleive in demons people create within the self so yes God is a part of u also the spirit u have is a peice of his.  

Crystalwolf78

Crystalwolf78

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:49 pm
Left Hand Of Evil
WARNING: ANTI-RELIGIOUS TYRADE. SKIP IF YOU BELIEVE.

Yeah, um.... No, Not only do I not believe in "god" but I find the word jesus offensive. I actually twitch at the word. Typing it was hard. I am Satanist. (Ave Satanas!) I think that christians, catholics, muslims, jews, etcetera, are evil. I don't ACTUALLY believe in Satan because that would also be ignorant. Don't get me wrong. I hate the belief system, not the individual practicioner. I turned to Satanism in response to the christian right taking over my country. Slowly but surely America is becoming a theocracy. Atheism is no longer strong enough to fight this rising epidemic. No offense to others who believe but in group form you all have too much power.

people like u are what people make people like me hated just because im a witch we dont beleive in hell or satan just demons that people make of themselves god's soul is a part of u and jesus is really an awakened human like buddha we are all"children or son or daughters of God" different name its no matter its the same guy the illusion of satan is just a way to deny that god exists but yet does talk to a guy who clinicly died for hours and yet came back and remembers having a life review and that god was there and knows that he is a part of everyone there have been many read the book Gaia Project 2012 this man had visions and talked to god also another man who had very similar sayigs Conversations with God both a good read love you all no matter how much u anger me cause ur apart of god too  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:41 am
hmmm do I believe in "god"? I can't say I believe in the bibles "god" I believe more of multi gods but not just gods but goddess as well. I lost my faith in the bible ages ago when everything started to go to hell for my family. my faith in the bibles "god" and "jesus" were not strong enough for me to hold onto, mostly because the "all powerful God" could not do a thing to help my family.

also I can't claim myself Lutheran anymore since I believe in reincarnation. (I was reincarnated but that is a story for another time)

I listen to my husband talk about religion. he doesn't believe in a single "god" either, he believes there to be multi gods and goddess.

also I asked him this question a while back, the answer was what really started to pull me from the bible. I asked Kage ...(he had to read the bible over and over and over again as a child and teenager) anyway I asked Kage

"Did Jesus ever say he was the son of God?"

his answer to this was that Jesus only said "father why have you forsaken me?" while he was on the cross, that was the only time, but what religious man did not call "God" "father" in that time period?

well anyway that was my two cents. and don't get me wrong or nothing I have nothing against religion, I am just am slowly losing my own faith and turning towards my husbands "religion".  

Lita Kuragari

Serious Conversations

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces