Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply HPSG Head Quarters
Homosexual male: Minority in HP slash? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lunar_Blade

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:58 am
God I am so pissed of at this girl at school. Okay, little back-ground info, she is a twin, her twin brother is my friend. I rarely speak to the girl-twin.

Right. Here goes my rather short story.

The Girl-Twin says that she wants a gay-best friend because he would be cool and would help her shopping and give her fashion tips. She also asked her Brother, the Guy-Twin if he could be gay and help her out.

Isn't that the most gut-wrenchingly horrid thing to say? I may not be a homosexual male, but I DO know that if you are gay you don't all of a sudden have superior knowledge of clothes and fashion, and you cannot just TURN gay to be super smart at shopping.

Stereotypical bitches.

Anyone care to comment?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:53 am
Yeah...what's her address, I will personally come and kick her a**.

I have nearly no knowledge of clothes. I know only a bit because my mother is well...a woman and she raised me most of my life. I have two pairs of shoes...dress shoes and my sneakers. I own five shirts that I actually wearing, two pairs of jeans, and a pair of Hot Topic freak pants. I don't know how to tie a tie or the proper way to eat (pizza is good) and I'm not a work out freak. If she wants sterotypical gays tell her to go to ******** San Francisco, most of them are speed freak/over-excercised/steriod filled freaks and I hate them.

*takes deep breath*

But I digress...  

Ex-Professor Remus Lupin

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:52 pm
Right--Twin b***h gets to die now *nods*

Unfortunatly, you don't even have to go as far as San Francisco. You can just come to my highschool. While all the gay guys here are for the most part pretty cool--they're all stereo typical. Perfect hair, perfect style, more shoes and clothes then the entire cheerleading squad combined *sigh*

And we live so close to Montrose (Houston is actually the "real" Gay Capital because there are more Homosexuals in the Montrose area as well as a few surrounding areas than there are in San Francisco--All Texans over 18--VOTE YES FOR PROP 2! *squeals happily* Redneck Hick state my a**! There will be no hesitation in changing the Texan Constitution to make "Civil Unions" [what a load of crap...marriage is a religious word, Straight couples shouldn't be allowed to use it either!] legal! whee )  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:34 pm
One day...someday when I get married...its going to be like a Druid ceremony.  

Ex-Professor Remus Lupin

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:39 pm
*mind automatically switches to Eddy Izzard*

Ok Seriously! All of you! You all must go online and find downloads of this comedian called Eddy Izzard. He's a transvestite--sorry an Executive Transvestite. Try and find the stand up act called Circle.

He's got a thing on the Druids and squirrels and tranvestites in the army and Scooby Doo and God and Jeezey Crizzey (Jesus Christ xp ) talking about the various religions. He's just hilarious.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:43 pm
I will when I have the time...thank you for the interesting comedian that for some reason I haven't heard of.  

Ex-Professor Remus Lupin

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:51 pm
He's British! whee Europe--where the History comes from! heart  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:50 pm
*burns Girl-Twin to death*

Oh, her ashes taste nice on this rice. =3  

Osom

Cluttered Cat

11,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Lunar_Blade

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:35 am
*Hugs Ty* There there.

It's strange, I know how to tie a tie and a bow-tie and my friends instantly call me a transvestite. I think they completely missed to point stare God my friends are dumb.

Gah, Dads shouting... Need to close door.

Ok back. *Helps with consuming the ashes of Twin-b***h*  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:25 am
I'm not really sure why I'm commenting, I just feel I need to.

Okay, I am not a feminist. I disagree completly with a lot of feminist principals (such as most of them are pro choice. I'm not because I believe in consequences. If you do something like having sex, then you should have to deal with the reaction to that choice and not illiminate it. But I digress). I can, however, see where they are coming from a little bit.

Stereotypes are fed to us by the media. They are everywhere, and it takes a great deal of work to escape them. Work that, unfortunatly, most people regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, race, or religion don't bother to get away from. People are to willing to believe what the media tells them, in particular the printed media. For some reason they seem to be under the delusion that just because something is printed its true.

Now, I grew up in a largely gender neutral area where teachers tried much to hard to be politically correct, almost to the point that they could no longer actually teach because they were afraid of offending someone (sounds like something out of Farenhiet 451, which I believe was actually bashing the political correctness of our society but I'm getting off topic again). My school had a very much 'don't ask, don't tell' policy about student sexuality.

Being they kind of person I am, I knew the sexual orientation of a lot of my friends. Most were straight, I had one homosexual guy friend, and a handful of bisexual female friends. In fact, the girl who I often refur to as my twin is bisexual.

Unfortunatly for them, the area I lived in was also intensly homophobic. I cannot count the times I had to actually physically hurt my guy friends before they would stop "gay-bashing". Why? Because the media tells them its wrong. That is how they percieve it. Does that make them wrong? No. Does it make them naieve? Probably.

Yes, they shouldn't bash "gays" or follow stereotypes. In turn, we shouldn't bash them. They aren't bad people. Misinformed and naieve, probably, but they're still people and we have no more right to bash them then they do to bash us or anything else.

There. I think that's what I had to say.  

ode[2]sokka

Graphiti Skies

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:19 pm
Ex-Professor Remus Lupin
I have nearly no knowledge of clothes. I know only a bit because my mother is well...a woman and she raised me most of my life. I have two pairs of shoes...dress shoes and my sneakers. I own five shirts that I actually wearing, two pairs of jeans, and a pair of Hot Topic freak pants. I don't know how to tie a tie or the proper way to eat (pizza is good) and I'm not a work out freak.

Wow... that sounds like me.. XD And I'm female!

And that idiot twin doesn't want a gay friend. She wants a straight guy that understands females that she can screw and have girl time with and all that other pink, frilly, glittery s**t.

Some days I think it would be so great if I could take all the people I knew and liked, had them gather up all the people they knew and liked (and so and and so forth) and transport us all to this little world where there is no bigotry or idiocy or hurt from ignorance. It would be this perfect little world where we just... don't hurt like that anymore.

I day dream too much though.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:26 am
Graphi... I would love to live in your dream world. Let's hope this "world" is Hogwarts. God I am so lame.  

Lunar_Blade

Ex-Professor Remus Lupin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:06 am
If only, if only...

I'd like to be at Hogwarts right now...nearly Halloween...must be fun.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:07 pm
Meh, I wouldn't want to live in the wizarding world, it's too backwards a society.

But anyhow, I hadn't really noticed the gender discrepancy in the "slash" medium until you guys pointed it out... I mean, one of my favourite fic authors is male, and they get a lot of positive comments. Now I don't doubt there being a discrepancy, mind you, but somehow I've been able to avoid it, so it's obviously not predominant everywhere.

And I agree with Regulus on that. I mean, men and women having all these pre-concieved notions about how women are and how men are, and then living it out... it really disturbs me. Are these notions based off of personal experience? No. They're not even based off of others' experiences... they're based on the media's archetypal roles that everybody plays.

I remember discussing brain physiology with a handful of males and one female, and one of the males actually said, "Oh, yea, well females just can't be logical." I couldn't believe that people actually still subscribed to that belief! And I couldn't even begin to imagine how the female of the group felt. She didn't say anything.
So finally I just told him, "Hmm, I didn't think people still subscribed to that belief. Well, I did read somewhere that the more educated and intelligent a man is, the more likely he is to regard females as equals, so I guess that explains it."

And he got uncomfortable and said, "Hey, I was just kidding!" So he was probably looking for camaraderie in his fellow males, but backed down when we didn't agree. And then one of my friends piped up and said he, personally thought females were smarter than males, but I disagreed with that too, asking what was wrong with being equal. Males and Females (tend to) have some physiological brain differences to account for, but both come with pluses and minuses, so you get a difference, but with a maintenance for quality in both cases.

Later with my close friends, the guy who suggested females were smarter (possibly in an attempt to make the female feel better after the affront from the other guy), asked me "Do you really think he was kidding?" and the female answered with a "No." very quickly.

So, yea. Basically people hold on to all the media-generated pre-concieved notions most if they're uneducated and naive.  

Eol the Dark Elf

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:52 pm
*bows down to Reg and Eol*

You both rock.

And Reg, I do have to disagree with one small point that's totally off topic about pro-choice.

You have to realize, I'm that .0000000001% Where my mother was on birth control AND my father was wearing a condom. Condoms are said to work what 98% of the time? And birth control 99% or some crap like that, I don't know, either way, I'm from that extremely small percent. And my mom did consider abortion because--face it, people have sexual desires. Males peak at 18 and females (unfortuantly) peak in their 30s. They took all the extra procautions but yet, *waves* hello.

Not to mention if you were to make abortions illegal--you then have to think of all those "special cases" such as Rape, and disabilities in the child (if you don't have the means to raise a disabled child and they're probably going to die early anyways you really shouldn't put them through the suffering) health complications, etc. You make it illegal for one, you make it illegal for all. Not that it would matter because then you would have that slap dash jobs done in the basement of this place or the basement of that place where there's health risks galore and you can't control when the abortion takes place (which tri-mester and all that crap).

So yeah...I'm pro-choice because of that.

But I do admit some "feminists" take it too far (and you have to admit--this happens in every "minority" whether they are gay, black, female, etc) "Well we want equal rights!" and yet the "equal rights" they want--no one has. So *shrug* whatever.

The human race amuses me. It's like watching a bunch of nuns and priests trying to catch a greased pig in a private highschool (my mom for one of their many senior pranks, they managed to catch it on video)  
HPSG Head Quarters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff