Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Advice Forum
What is better? Going for looks or going for personality? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What is better to go for in a person? Looks or inner beauty?
Physical looks.. hey, I have to stare at them
4%
 4%  [ 5 ]
Inner beauty.. Looks fade but the personality stays forever
77%
 77%  [ 84 ]
Nope, neither im just bored
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
After some alcohol, it doesnt matter
8%
 8%  [ 9 ]
Gold, monies are my friend!!!
6%
 6%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 108

lostphrack

Codebreaking Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:54 pm
A little from column A, a little from column B. xd

Seriously though, the looks are a great first hook but it's the personality that'll reel me in. You could be my ideal physical woman, but if the personality either isn't there or is something that really doesn't appeal to me.. well, the looks won't matter much.

On the other hand, there does need to be some amount of physical appeal. Personality is great and it's definitely the glue of a relationship... and maybe this is where my shallowness comes through.. but I think there needs to be some amount of physical attraction and desire for anything beyond friendship to occur. Maybe afterwards the personality can sustain the relationship as time passes on, but initially..?

Meh. I don't know.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:39 am
I have to echo the sentiment that if you are truly attracted to someone else as a person that they become beautiful to you and the opposite if they're an a*****e but physically attractive. We all notice looks and they vary in importance person-to-person, but I always chose to look at the individual inside. A lot of people became 'ugly' to me quickly because the person they were was lacking. My husband was not at all attractive when I met him--he was in the height of awkward adolescence...skinny, horrible acne, gangly, hadn't grown into his face yet--but I decided to be friends with him and it didn't take long before I started to think what a good looking guy he really was and became absolutely smitten with him. 12 years later? I think he is one of the most handsome men ever. He doesn't care what my weight is: he's seen me fluxuate over 70 pounds. He always tells me I'm beautiful and never shown a disinterest in me. We're both lucky to have found someone who loves us for who we are, not our weight or how attractive we are on a given day.  

Pirate Dirge

Hygge Agenda

44,725 Points
  • My Feminist Agenda 500
  • Cozy Life 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

4chaos69

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:46 pm
queen of qeeks
Without a doubt, personality. Everyone gets fat and ugly in the end. The most important thing to have is someone you can laugh with.

haha not to sure about the fat and ugly thing, but i agree. we all need a soul mate. with witch we can laugh, cry, lose and win with. and in the long run some one above all that as before. you can open up and be vulnerable too, without fear of being hurt.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:23 pm
I don't have the patience to deal with people I don't get along with personally -on the other hand if I'm not physically attracted to her then the sex won't happen, which also means we won't go beyond friends.

So, really, it's both. ninja  

Corbin Noir

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:16 am
Well, you always initially go for what looks good to you. It doesn't even have to be the most attractive person in the world. But after you give someone a chance because of something you see about them, the personality is always the best part of a person.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:59 pm
spacepuree
Clearly it's personality that's superior to physical beauty. If you can connect romantically with a person on the deepest level, you look passed what's on the surface.
Very true! but if you like to lick whipped cream off your lover, how much surface can you look passed before your in debt to the milk man!! xp  

-Stumblefoot-
Crew

Timid Punk

Skeeter Russell rolled 4 20-sided dice: 20, 12, 9, 14 Total: 55 (4-80)

Skeeter Russell

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:42 pm
Of course personality matters. Love is about being compramising and understanding and open, and sacrafice, and drunk, and... happy. Cheers to being miserable! confused  
Skeeter Russell rolled 4 20-sided dice: 9, 17, 13, 6 Total: 45 (4-80)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:50 pm
Everyone knows how we live in this world and society. Look up the law of attraction. We attract ourselves to things were attracted to. And people get use to stupid stuff and become attracted to them. Like being beaten, or drugs, or Dr. Pepper, or shirts, or cars. Look at all the advertising in your own city. Its everywhere. Theres a free vid online that is a real eye opener. Zeitgeistmovie. com - later!  

Skeeter Russell

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:04 pm
I only watched the first part of Zeitgeist, but it makes me not trust the rest of it. The first part was full of lies. I'm not saying this just as a religious person, but because it did in fact make up things about religions. They took things from Christianity and said they were all present in other religions, then proceeded to "prove Christianity wrong", and thereby prove all religions wrong.

However, some things they tried to say were similar between Christianity and Hinduism were false. For example, Krishna was not born in December nor did He have disciples. Anyone that knows anything at all about Hinduism would realize this. I imagine anyone following any other religion that was pointed out could similarly tell you of the falsities laid out in the film.

It seemed pretty obvious to me that the film maker himself had a certain bias toward the subjects that were being shown, and pulled out anything and everything that supported his belief without researching whether or not it was fact. I'm fine with someone having their own opinion, but it's pretty underhanded to push your opinion out onto others as if it is the truth. I'm sure there are several people that watched the film and thought everything he said was true because of the way it was presented, but it is not all truth.

It's kind of funny how films like this put down all these other things in society and call people sheep for following those and tell them to think for themselves.... yet at the same time they're depending on you to not think for yourself and just believe what they are saying. Following something without question is always bad... just because his opinion is different from the "status quo" doesn't mean that it's thinking for yourself. It just means you're blindly following something else.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:39 pm
Taxi Mama
The most amazing thing about love... The person you love becomes beautiful to you! I am 40 pounds overweight, wear tank tops & men's shorts all the time, no makeup, with frizzy hair besides. And yet, my husband calls me Sexy, Gorgeous, Beautiful, etc... and I catch him staring at me googly eyed a couple of times a week, so I don't think he's fibbing. As I said, amazing!

Me too!!!!
It is seriously amazing.
I hope everyone can find this love and happiness!!!!

Classy Dame

Clever Darling

17,640 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500

Veddhartha

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:48 am
Taxi Mama and Classy Dame, you are right. That's the thing called love. heart

What comes to matter of first impressions and noticing that great person, one needs a bit both. I most likely wont be saying anything that hasn't already said, but...

Looks. And something more. I'd call it rather a 'presence'. Its a combination of something about how you look, carry yourself and via that tell something about your personality. A quirk. Or a way to react on surroundings, how you dress, how you even look someone. I do look for certain attractiveness, I truly admit it. Everyone does at least in their subconsciousness. And I do not start to pinpoint what is or is not attractive, its so subjective matter.

How you look and carry yourself most often is the thing that first makes someone notice you. Then comes what you do and say and we get to the personality.

And personality IS the more important thing. It's frustrating, sad and angering to notice that someone who I thought to look interesting (note this, interesting, not necessarily beautiful or handsome) turns out to be a brick, hollow or having traits that you otherwise dislike.

When getting to know someone, you start to focus less on how they look and concentrate more on what kind of persons they are. That determines are you going to be friends, lovers or casual acquaintances. Or will you just keep walking past...

Sometimes, you just know at the first sight will you get along with someone or will you just hate her/him from the guts. Happens to me often and this first gut feeling is almost every time right and it has nothing to do on looks, just the feeling I get from person.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:53 am
To me it is better to go for personality. There could be this totally hot person..but if that person is a jerk..why want to be with them?..Makes no sence..

Serenity Celestial

MojinR

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:05 am
Personality. I love a woman who has a balance of intelligence, insanity, spirituality and sexuality regardless of appearance. However, finding one that isn't taken seems difficult. neutral  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:00 pm
queen of qeeks
Without a doubt, personality. Everyone gets fat and ugly in the end. The most important thing to have is someone you can laugh with.

i agree for a long term relationship personality is most important. someone who makes you happy and feel great when your with them! trust me i went the wrong way for many years lol.  

angelplustwo

Mystic12

5,500 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:05 pm
I have to say physical looks are very important to me. I love a man that is not fat. I like them perfect. In my eyes he can not be too buff and not too skinny but after I look at him then I listen very closely at what he has to say and how he says it.  
Advice Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff