Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
wat u dont like in horror movies Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LiiCK-iiT

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:37 am
pyro-rockers
i love horror but the thing i dont like is that there is never enough people to die and they always play that dumb suspence music ... noone likes suspence music

well if they didnt hve the music, it'd be boring as hell because there is nothing to build up yuh tension. i love the music. it's wwhat keeps people interested. blaugh  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:39 am
a happy ending.

Now really, there are many things I can't stand in horror films:
* the dark room invitation
* no calling for help
* no leaving the house with a cell phone
* no cellphones in general
* the music was written to be scarier than the actual scene--I adore horror musicians.

to name a few. I am Such a snob when it comes to the scary stuff, but the scariest thing I've ever seen was a 30-minutes film called, "Movie" and this guy was stuck in the same time loop, with no hope of escape. He was fighting and fighting this time loop and in the end, just gave up. That's scary.  

Jadera1700

fictiveUniverse

Profitable Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:59 pm
that its scarey
and how dumb the people in the movie are..which eventually leads to their death eek  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:40 pm
Jadera1700
a happy ending.

* no calling for help
* the music was written to be scarier than the actual scene--I adore horror musicians.

to name a few. I am Such a snob when it comes to the scary stuff, but the scariest thing I've ever seen was a 30-minutes film called, "Movie" and this guy was stuck in the same time loop, with no hope of escape. He was fighting and fighting this time loop and in the end, just gave up. That's scary.

To be honest, some of the scarier horror concepts I've seen were in Goosebumps. Strange to say, but what you said about Movie reminded me of an episode where some kid has a universal remote control that he could use in real life, and the ending saw the batteries run out and everything black out on him. That's, to me, a lot scarier than a series of teenage stereotypes who shouldn't even be friends being killed off in the rich one's beach house/mansion/etc.  

loIitoads

SocialZealot

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:45 pm
Lolicat von Doom
Jadera1700
a happy ending.

* no calling for help

To be honest, some of the scarier horror concepts I've seen were in Goosebumps. Strange to say, but what you said about Movie reminded me of an episode where some kid has a universal remote control that he could use in real life, and the ending saw the batteries run out and everything black out on him. That's, to me, a lot scarier than a series of teenage stereotypes who shouldn't even be friends being killed off in the rich one's beach house/mansion/etc.

Kudos to you Loli! Psychological horror movies always leaves you with some kind of dreaded feeling as appose to Slasher flix. They make you think and scream not just scream.  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:22 am
Saint Kimo
Lolicat von Doom
Jadera1700
a happy ending.

* no calling for help

Kudos to you Loli! Psychological horror movies always leaves you with some kind of dreaded feeling as appose to Slasher flix. They make you think and scream not just scream.

I think that is is possible to create a slasher flick that is still horror, but all too often it falls into thriller/exploitation. Even the older exploitative slasher films are a little more respectable in that they didn't have MTV backing and never pretended they weren't pure exploitation.  

loIitoads

Black-Ninja01

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:39 am
I don't like that fact that 95% of the time that the black person dies first. I also don't like when the actors suck at there roles.  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 8:28 pm
*The damsel in distress (the dumb blonde type)
*Never checking to make sure that the killer is dead
*Dropping your weapon when you think that the killer is dead (when they really aren't)
*"Scary moments" that are expected  

MrsLovett30

Atheist Guy

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:08 pm
i hate stupid cliches about omg look the girl triped over a pebbel and the big hero saving every one a horror movie that i like was the decent it was...ok  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:04 pm
i hate it when the people are to stupid to fight back  

jb113

La Petite Marionnette

Dangerous Fatcat

7,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Generous 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:54 pm
jb113
i hate it when the people are to stupid to fight back
Molly was a good girl
in the classic movies how the girl always fall downUser Image
and it felt great to be a liar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:44 am
predictable moments scream  

bluchibininja

-Mizuki Of Lux-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:50 am
Ok. I just saw a horror movie last night. Ok, and i really, really, really hate how nowadays they make the horror movies more ridiculous and funny more then they make it scary. Its like, what the hell!? Its supposed to be scary!!! Im getting tired of these "horror movies" being retarded! scream  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:29 pm
x--stevee--x
i hate it when people dont run away when they can see that somethings bad is coming toward them. its "hello...RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
i also hate how they use so much gore. most scary movies arent even genuinely scary anymore, its just disgusting.

My problem with the horror movies of the last 30 or so years. It's nothing but blood and guts. And stupidity.

Give me the old ones in the black and white. Those weren't gory. Gore is not scary, just disgusting.

Also, I don't like how the women are victims just screaming and running and waiting for the "man" to save her.  

cteddiesgirl

loIitoads

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:16 am
cteddiesgirl
x--stevee--x
i hate it when people dont run away when they can see that somethings bad is coming toward them. its "hello...RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
i also hate how they use so much gore. most scary movies arent even genuinely scary anymore, its just disgusting.

My problem with the horror movies of the last 30 or so years. It's nothing but blood and guts. And stupidity.

Give me the old ones in the black and white. Those weren't gory. Gore is not scary, just disgusting.

Also, I don't like how the women are victims just screaming and running and waiting for the "man" to save her.

I don't mind a bit of gore now and then, but it does seem like brainless producers want Evil Dead II mixed with the OC.  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff