Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply RP Retreat
Shinobi World RP ((Closed and Re-located!!!)) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which Chakra Nature are you?
  Fire
  Wind
  Lightning
  Earth
  Water
View Results

Obsidian Entity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:51 pm
She seemed to have the spirit to try and the training he would make her do would put that attitude to good use. "Well, we can start right now if you want to. First part of your training is physical fitness. You're too weak at this point to even start the Dragon Leaf Step jutsu training in the first place. I want you to do one thousand push ups in this room. You have until night time to finish this training exercise. There's a rule to this exercise. You may never quit for any reason unless you fail. Don't feel completely bad if you fail this training exercise. It's meant to be ridiculously hard in the first place. Stamina and chakra are closely related to one another in terms of capacity. So in theory if you increase your stamina capacity you increase your chakra capacity. It takes stamina to preform jutsu anyways. Zero stamina means you can't build any chakra you might have left and that means no techniques can be executed in battle. This is specifically bad on B-Rank and higher missions that involve a lot of combat. So, please start if the training immediately." The results of this training would merit a lot of information about Ryoko's potential and her ambitions for the future. Then again she kind of reminds me of how stupid I was when I was her age.

Takimaru took the puzzle cube from the night stand next to him and started working on it. He never was good at solving this particular puzzle so he figured it would be good mental training for him during the day; which he loved doing. Strategies were something he was good at formulating and executing. Even his formulated strategy with Ryoko was working and the poor girl didn't even realize it. As he worked on the puzzle cube he stopped for a moment and looked up at her. "By the way, while I'm training you, please don't call me Mr. Jounin. I prefer a more formal and respectful name, like Karasutsai sensai or Takimaru sensai." After saying that he went back to his puzzle cube that he would work on for the rest of the day. Out of all the puzzles in the world. the cube always gave him the most trouble and took the longest to solve.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:43 pm
"Okay, I'll try." Ryoko moves her chair back to the wall. Walking over to the side of the bed so Takimaru could watch and make sure she didn't cheat or anything. She basically fell forwards onto her hands, and started to do the 1000 push ups.
When she was younger, Ryoko did a lot of of upper body training in prison. Breaking rocks, moving metal, instead of learning ninjutsu she did grunt work as a child. A thousand push ups were nothing to her.
She kept a steady pace of one push up per two seconds.
She wondered why he was giving her a challenge that she could easily overcome. Obviously he didn't read her record yet, which she was rather happy about. The less he knew about her, the more he wouldn't mind training her. She decided not to use her kekki genkai, thinking he might find it cheating to keep herself cool with it. Around push up 20 she got bored and almost thought about throwing the whole thing.

Looking up at the bed side, she chose something to keep her mind off the boredom of doing push ups. "Having fun with that?" she asked, watching him play with the cube. She remembered playing with that cube for hours, and how grateful she was to Yuushirou for bringing it to her. Wait, no, I am NOT grateful to ANYONE from this village! She reminded herself, shaking her head a bit. I'm am going to leave here as soon as possible. SOON AS POSSIBLE! With those thoughts her speed increased.  

bone apple tea

Shadowy Shoujo

Obsidian Entity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:43 pm
Takimaru had noticed that she was having an easy time with the push ups as he played with the puzzle cube. "This cube I never seem to be able to figure out really quickly." Takimaru had already gotten three sides with three colors and decided to give the cube a break by setting it on the night stand. She must be motivated for some reason. "Tell me something Ryoko. Why are you so determined to complete this training? What's your true goal for seeking power?" Although he didn't read her file, it was clear to him through observing her behavior that he could tell that something was driving her to seek power or so that's what it seemed. "Listen to me carefully. This training is to be used for a selfish reason. The results of this training is to give you the strength to protect this village. So I have one question I need answered truthfully and there is absolutely no way you can hide the truth from me from answering this question."

He waited for a moment to cross his arms in front of his chest and proceeded to ask the question. "Are you seeking revenge?" It will not give you any happiness once you obtain it. Only darkness and pain await those that seek revenge. Most shinobi are faced with the decision to seek revenge or move on with their lives. Justice to those that have brought ruin to one's life will be brought in due time. These things must take their course in an intelligent and wise approach. Takimaru knows this and so do most chunin and jounin shinobi of the Leaf Village. The deaths of family and comrades are hard to bare but must be endured so the frustration of loss can be applied towards the next battle and the next mission for the good of the village as a whole. Loss is a necessity of a shinobi's life to make them understand how fragile bonds are between people and how meaningful they are at the same time.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:12 pm
"Heheheh, took me a while to figure it out the first time, but now I can even mix it up behind my back and still solve it in a few minutes..." she said, not missing a push up. That puzzle block was the only game she ever played. She never played chess or shogi or checkers. She never played ninja as a kid, or play jump rope or went shopping with friends. She listened to stories about her father from her mom. When her mom died, she grew to hate her father because she thought he was to blame for her mothers death. She wanted to find him no mater what.

So when Takimaru asked her that question, she almost skipped a push up. But she wasn't thrown off enough to show it. She continued her training while responding, "I'm not out for revenge on a particular person, I'm want revenge for everyone who's lost their loved ones to the way of the ninja... if that means protecting this village, I guess I protect this village." she says, being completely calm. She continues her push ups, hoping he wouldn't catch on to her lie.

Her mom and her just wanted to live together ever since her father abandoned her. But when her mom offered information for her bail, the next day they found her dead in her cell. Ryoko and her ten year old mind could only come to one conclusion at that time- Her father or his clan killed her mother to make sure they wouldn't be found. They were watching the whole time, but didn't do anything. He didn't do anything for the women he loved- and that why she hated her father.  

bone apple tea

Shadowy Shoujo

Obsidian Entity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:21 pm
Takimaru carefully watched her during the push up training the moment she began and started to respond to his questions and comments. "Ryoko, tomorrow I've decided that you and I will go to the Training Arena 3 for a taijutsu fight. I should be nearly healed by then as this is my last day in the hospital. This level of physical training seems to be a little too easy for you. As I've already counted three hundred forty-two push ups so far. You still have a few to go." A nurse walked in at that point and stepped back from the open door as she saw Ryoko doing push ups. "Master Karasutsai, I came to check up on you and see if you needed anything." The nurse had her head bowed to the floor while speaking and Takimaru simply smiled at her for her respect.

"I require two books from the Bookstore. The first book is a blank paged book for recording information in. The other one is called Advanced Specialized Taijutsu Principles Volume 3. I have some research I need to conduct and a student to train. Rest assured I won't start any training myself until tomorrow." The young nurse nodded her head and stepped backwards out of the room and slid the door shut. It would probably take her a couple hours to accomplish his request and that is completely fine with him. It would mean he could read during his afternoon snack that he was permitted to have with his afternoon medicine. The book contained some interesting information on how to create powerful taijutsu attacks. The principles that Takimaru read and used to help develop his taijutsu attacks were original principles from the volumes of these sorts of books. Only jounin ranked shinobi are allowed to purchase volume 2 and later of the series of books. This is because the books begin to borderline forbidden jutsu techniques. It was surprising that Takimaru's Dragon Style taijutsu hasn't been considered forbidden for how devastating they are; because there is absolutely no way to block Dragon Style taijutsu without under going the same type of training or at least something similar.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:21 am
Whe Ryoko saw the nurse she quickly changed over to clapping push ups to impress the nurse some. A clapping push up was simply a regular push up but instead you have to push youself high enough off the ground that you can clap your hands once before catching youself one the way back down. These required more stregnth than the regular push ups, and Ryoko knew that she would run out of stanima of doing clapping push ups before she reached 1000, that why she chose just regular push ups. But for a few minutes that the nurse was there, she could continuly do the harder push ups. As soon as the nurse left though, she went back to the regular ones.

"I could've picked up the books for you if you asked yesterday," Ryoko said, not missing a push up. She had been in the store before, but never for books. She didn't start living like a normal kid, or as close to a normal kid as she gets, until she was ten. When she started Shinobi school, she learned basic reading, but never used it past that point. She did, however, know how to read an old language that was written all througout the Kyoraku clan house, but hand her a normal book these days and she couldn't read you the authors name. She only knew enough writting to write her own name, if ever asked to. She wasn't going to tell Takimaru that though.

Suddenly she noticed something. Asking him would be and sound stupid, so she kept her mouth shut. She hoped that he would see when it was over, and she wouldn't have to start at 1000 again. The truth was- she had lost count of how many push ups she had done. I'm glad he didn't ask for 10,000. I'd probably need to restart 20 times before reaching the first 1000...  

bone apple tea

Shadowy Shoujo

Obsidian Entity

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:19 pm
After the nurse had left and Ryoko's comment came to him, he looked amused at her rate of the push ups she was doing. It was even more obvious that she probably is working up a small strain on her arms from continuous training in the room. She seemed to already possess some physical conditioning prior to the academy. No genin, that Takimaru knew of, had the physical conditioning to this extent that Ryoko had built up. "Yes, you could have if I had thought of the need for such materials then." Although Takimaru didn't know she lost count but he wasn't about to lie to her that he lost count as well. "I've got a bit of bad news. I lost count on how many push ups you've done. Please continue for another two hours or until you can no longer do them." If the regular version of his physical training exercises are discovered to be to easy for her, then he had another idea that would really push her body's physical endurance to the limits. It was training that even Takimaru would under go with her and hopefully any genin that are placed under him for training and missions.

However, little does Takimaru know that the organization that the man he had lost to the other day is on the move. Their goal is unknown. Their numbers are unknown. The only thing Takimaru could accurately predict is their battle strength; which is extremely strong. It was clear to him that he needed to become significantly more powerful in order to even stand a chance against the man he had so easily lost to. Perhaps the organization's goal is to destroy the Leaf Village like past organizations and villages have tried to do. Nearly all attempts have failed and after each time the Leaf Village has been destroyed it has come back several times stronger.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:18 am
That almost made Ryoko just fall flat. But keeping her cool she coninued her push ups. It's HIS idea for training, HE's the one who told me to do it. He could ATLEAST keep count, She thought to herself, slowing her pace down. Since the amount she had to do was messured in time and not in how many have been done, the blonde girl decided there was no reason to rush through the push ups. After all, rushing would get her no where. "Yes, Mr. Jounin," she responded to his new instructions in a playful voice. If she dared say "Takimaru-sensei" or "Karasutsai-sensei", in her mind, she believed she would be getting closer to him. Since she was planning to leave the village in the futer, attaching on to anyone was bad. It would break her down emotionaly when she needed to be strong.

My arm is starting to get worn out, she noted in her mind. Her right arm was the one she had broken about five years back during her first tr at the chunin exams. In fact, that was the only year she had any reason for throwing the chunin exams. Her whole right arm, which was broken in 17 diffrent places, took at least two weeks to heal up enough they would let her out of the hospital. Because it was broken so much, they use metal bars to hold all the pieces together from the inside out of the bone. The way she was applying pressure to her arm now was the same way the pressure was applied to originally break it. Not missing a push up she moved her right arm behind her back and continues on her left arm. Continuous pressure on her arm would surly reopen something some how.  

bone apple tea

Shadowy Shoujo

Obsidian Entity

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:24 pm
Update on rules has been made. Please check it out. Latest changes are in red.

Takimaru went back to working on the puzzle cube for another hour as Ryoko continued with her push ups. She didn't seem to be all that worried about the taijutsu match she will have with him the next day. It would be an intense battle that would test her intelligence in how to use her existing skills in order to defeat Takimaru. Such a task for her would probably be impossible and Takimaru is as ruthless of a teacher as he is on the battlefield. Dragon Style taijutsu is extremely difficult to master for a genin, however, already seemed to have the upper body strength of a chunin. "Ryoko, give up on revenge. It will only destroy your life." His comments came out of no where in the dead of silence in the room that both of them are in. It seems that her previous response of revenge was still in the back of his mind. Perhaps she lost friends or family during a conflict between nations a few years back. It seemed like a logical guess to why she would seek revenge.

Revenge harbors hatred. Hatred harbors the feelings of war and can break the fragile peace treaties between nations. The Land of Fire was already on fragile relationships with the Land of Lightning and Land of Earth. However, with the development of war was creeping up on the Land of Earth. Once again, the Dragon Shinobi would be needed again in times of war. The resulting news of conflicts between Leaf Shinobi and Rock Shinobi hadn't been reported to the Hokage. Rock Shinobi from the Hidden Village in the Rocks were beginning to break the treaty with the Land of Fire. Their greed and lust for power has driven them towards the direction of war once again. If the Land of Earth goes to war with the Land of Fire, another great ninja war would be waged between nations and stir the ancient beasts once again. Such resulting actions would devastate the shinobi world and bring darkness to the peaceful times.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:01 pm
Ryoko continues, closing her eyes and playing songs through her head. She was bored to death. If this kept up for much longer, she wouldn't colapse out of fatigue, but out of bordum. She continued though, not wanting to make it look like she was weak or lazy. A second way to entertain herself while doing the excerise was to make sure her nose touched the floor every time down. This slowed her pace a bit more, but not by much. After she got bored with that, she started naming things in her head. She started with flowers. She named all the flowers she knew, then went onto pies. She named all the pies she had ever tried, then went onto the ones she hadn't tried, but wanted to. She notice her wish list was longer than her other list. She never got to try much different foods. Her dad didn't cook her anything of corse, and her mom couldn't cook. She didn't really trust her own cooking skills either. Ryoko had gone for ramen and other cheap shops, and usually ate fried fish that she caught or soemthing. She never had any real food that you got at a good resteraunt or a home cooked meal.

When Takimaru spoke up, Ryoko thought she was finally relieved of her push ups, or at least her bordum. Nope. Back on revenge. Arg... he's tough. Does he ever give up? Better give him what he wants. She thought. "Fine," Ryoko said, with a heavy sigh. "What should I fight for then? What should I push myself towards then?" A light sweat developed on her skin. She haden't eaten that day because she was expecting to drop of the cube, have a small chat and go get dinner. With out food, she had no energy, thus it was getting a bit harder to keep going. But the blonde didn't let that stop her. She pushed forwards, not wanting to show any weakness. This should be easy for her. She put her right arm back down, for she believed that it had been long enough that more pressure wouldn't break it.  

bone apple tea

Shadowy Shoujo

Obsidian Entity

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:37 pm
It was clear to Takimaru that Ryoko is extremely ignorant of what it means to be a Leaf Shinobi. "You seek revenge for the wrong purposes I'm sure. Whatever the reason you have for seeking revenge will only destroy yourself. Seek revenge against those that would harm your comrades, your village, your home land. Destroy them with no mercy. Bring honor and pride to your village and country by destroying such evils and you will find out one day that you won't be standing alone during the times that you are lost in darkness." The loss of comrades and the feeling of his home being threatened is all so clear to him and she would at some point in her life learn what it means to be a Leaf Shinobi. "You aren't the only one in the village that has lost family and comrades in battle. I've lost everything and I sought after revenge for many years in the past. My obsession almost destroyed my life through frustration and grief over what had happened. You aren't a little kid anymore." The puzzle cube he was frustrated with as it was something that always confused the heck out of him but he knew that it wasn't something impossible to accomplish.

Observation of Ryoko was in the background of his vision, but he still saw her doing the training he instructed her to do. It was nearly the first hour of the two additional hours he had told her that was left for the day's physical training. A couple knocks at the door and a different nurse from before came in with a tray of food with the two books he requested under the plate that his sandwich was placed on. It had the same usual horrible tasting drink with it as well. At least he only had one meal left after this to endure before he could treat himself and Ryoko at a ramen restaurant. "Tomorrow before we continue your training, I'll treat you to some ramen. Is there anything else you would like to do before we start the training?" Takimaru coughs a couple times as the nurse smiles warmly at him with the tray in his lap. The young nurse leaves the two of them alone to their conversation and thoughts. "If there is anything you would like to do before we begin the training I suggest you speak up now because you won't have the time to tomorrow." Takimaru wasn't about to tell her the purpose of this line of questioning nor would he reveal the purpose behind the taijutsu battle with him.

Tomorrow's training would not just be a simple taijutsu skirmish fight, but rather a survival test to test Ryoko's tactical decision making against a much more powerful opponent. In the shinobi world there are children much younger than Ryoko that can kill Takimaru and this is something she probably isn't fully aware of yet or have seen happen. It might bring disbelief to those that witness such power, however, Takimaru wasn't one that would easily be out matched on a tactical level. Ryoko probably couldn't beat him until after years of training and when Takimaru's age finally catches up to him. Being thirty-four does give him the advantage of experience and intelligence. However, with the youth of Ryoko as a factor in training, she could at one point possess more stamina and chakra than him. However, without the proper amount of experience and training to back it up, it wouldn't mean anything on the battlefield. She had much room for growth between now and the next Chunin Exam. The last Chunin Exam of the year he would instruct her to join and it comes after the annual Jounin Tournament that has been a recent tradition among all the nations to be held. It was to show up the power of the jounin of each nation and as well as for a place to eliminate potential troublesome jounin of enemy nations as well. This tournament Takimaru expects to be a part of as everyone looks forward to seeing the Dragon Shinobi's skills each year in the tournament's final rounds.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:49 pm
Ryoko listened quietly. In her mind, she ignored him though. All those years in prison, all those years that he spent watching them suffer. He could have kidnapped us. He could of broken us out of there. Instead he killed his wife. His love. He killed his wife to save himself, and left his daughter to fend for herself in a village that if it knew better would destroy her in seconds. She believed with all her heart that the only way she could ever find peace for herself and her mother was to kill Ryou Kyoraku. Either way, Ryoko pretended to care about what he was talking about. "...I understand," she replied, continuing her push ups. Again, when the nurse had come into the room, she starts doing the clapping push ups. When she left, again, Ryoko did the normal ones.

"Well..." the blond girl hummed, "I would like to get some sleep, get into my actual ninja outfit, take a bath, other things..." she said. "And I think I need to restock on the things as well..." She sighed. Closing her eyes, she imagine what might happen tomorrow. Knowing that he was no ordinary Jounin, she could tell in her mind that whatever he was planning would be harder than she thought. She gave the floor a confused look. How'd I get in this anyways? She asked herself. Note to self: Never follow strangers into school. Go sleep in a tree instead.  

bone apple tea

Shadowy Shoujo

Obsidian Entity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:11 pm
Takimaru was getting frustrated with the puzzle cube as he got three sides covered in one color on each side. Looking down at Ryoko he smiled warmly at her and decided that she didn't have to any more push ups for the day. "Ryoko, you can stop training for today. You'll need your energy for tomorrow. Please go home and prepare yourself for tomorrow's battle with me. I suggest you go ahead and do things that you want to do while you can. You might not have the chance for a while after tomorrow." The man simply gave her a grin while his green eyes stare at her. So spend the rest of the day relaxing and preparing yourself for tomorrow." Takimaru laid back down on the bed like he was previously before she came in. His mind was tired and he still left rather worn out physically. Rolling to one side he closed his eyes and let Ryoko leave on her own accord. Tomorrow is a day that will determine the level of skill Ryoko has. If the results of her obvious defeat are promising then the actual 'real' training for his Dragon Style Taijutsu will be provided.

The style of training Takimaru would put her through would make the taijutsu battle they have seem more entertaining than the actual intense physical training that she would under go. Her body would be molding into a firm, sleek, and toned muscular body. If anything, the training would definitely make her appearance more attractive as he has for Takimaru. The lighter the person's weight the better the training and jutsu suits. Ryoko's small slender teenage body would work perfectly for his taijutsu training; this is of course entirely upon Ryoko's determination in becoming stronger for the sake of the village.

vvv----RP Summary----vvv

Takimaru and Ryoko met in front of the Ninja Academy as Takimaru was on his way to the academy to help one of the instructors with a ninjutsu demonstration. After that, Takimaru offered to treat Ryoko to some ramen and encountered a strangely dressed shinobi that isn't from the village. As Takimaru and the rogue ninja engaged in battle outside the village walls in the forest, Takimaru had discovered that this rogue ninja knows Dragon Style taijutsu; which are techniques exclusive to Takimaru only.

The result of the battle put Takimaru in the Leaf Village hospital for a couple of days. His serious injuries include several bruises, lacerations, a couple broken ribs, and a wound to his pride that could not be measured by any means. During Takimaru's recovery time in the hospital he has come to socialize more with Ryoko. As a result of trying to turn her into the direction of protecting the village and towards becoming a top-notch shinobi. After Ryoko had proved that she can complete Takimaru's basic level of physical training and has become a genin that he has decided to unofficially train, however, Takimaru is waiting patiently for other genin to be placed under his development training supervision.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:13 am
Ruricho turned in her bed, snuggling further into the covers. She was having a wonderful dream. She was doing a demonstration in town manipulating water using her fans and hadn't fallen on her face once! She was preparing for the grand finale, which would shower the area in mini rainbows when the sun got in her eyes, making her drench herself and the crowd in water. The infernal sun was ruining her demonstration!

Ruricho tried to block out the sun with her fans to no avail. It's like someone was trying to sabotage her. She had finally almost completed her demonstration successfully, only to have the sun mess everything up. Ruricho frowned at the sun. The position meant it was already late morning, but that wasn't possible. If it were Ruricho would late for her meeting at the academy.

Ruricho jolted up in her bed. The sun was in the same position as it was in her dream, meaning she was indeed very late. She shoved back her covers, only to get her feet tangled and fall out of the bed. Of all the rotten luck. Once untangled, she donned her gear and stumbled in the direction of the kitchen. Her father was sitting at the table, reviewing some documents. A plate of forgotten food sat at his elbow.

"Dad! Why'd you let me sleep so late?"
She playfully hit him on the head before grabbing his plate and running out the door. At this rate, she'd be lucky if she could sneak in the back and remain out of sight. By the time she had reached the academy, she had managed to knock over two fruit stands and nearly get run over by a cart. She had also managed to pick up someones cat. It was currently in her bag, probably eating her lunch.

When the academy was in sight, Ruricho should have slowed down, but instead she kept running at full speed, so she didn't see the dip in the road. 2 feet in front of the academy, Ruricho stumbled over the divet which sent her sailing toward the academy, but not in the direction of the entrance. She collided with wall, face first before falling backwards the garbage waiting for pick up. Ruricho sat up in the garbage, staring as the refuse clinging to her body in disbelief. "This day could not get worse."  

Ky Jelly

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

bone apple tea

Shadowy Shoujo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:59 am
Ryoko thought back to the day before.
After standing up from doing the pushups and listening to Taimaru's advice, she waited until he was asleep. Just to bug him, she quickly picked up the cube and solved it. She set it back down, where he had it, leaving a note saying to return it. With that, Ryoko skipped out the door and onto the street. After completing all the tasks she needed to do before tomorrow, she slept not as well as she hoped that night. She woke up in the morning with her right arm painfuly throbing. She ignored it and got dressed in her mission outfit, hiding it under her regular clothes.

Back to the current time, she watched as the girl ran past her. Ryoko followed her, and watched the white haired female run into the wall and fall into the trash. I'm supposed to meet Takimaru, buuuuttt... she thought, slowly walking over to Ruricho. Since i'm already at the academy, I might as well see how Hikari's doing! She decided, completly blowing off Takimaru. And I need to help this one anyways, She walked over to the trash bin, looking inside. "Do you need any help, dear?" the blonde haired slaker asked, offering a hand to help the refuse covered girl up.  
RP Retreat

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff