Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
WATCHMEN Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

totally awesome?
  yes
  no
View Results

xxXnarutofreak567Xxx

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:11 pm
Lexxg
Loved Watchmen as much as the comics!
I have to say though, I am an Ozymandias supporter.
xp

you...you...i cant say it right now  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:40 pm
awesome movie. can't wait to get the dvd.

d a s Z o m b i e

loIitoads

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:26 am
Has anyone else seen the DVD edition of the comic? It's just a series of panels from the comic with limited sound effects and movement added, which rather disgusts me actually. Poor Alan Moore.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:34 am
it was pretty good and it followed the graphic novel so close it's very rare to see that, and it was a great read by the way.  

Metallithrasha

Shameless Heckler

14,225 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Crack Shot 50

boneymuggle

Mewling Prophet

6,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:57 pm
great movie! i need to read the comic now, i hear its just as awesome!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:42 am
I really really liked it. Watched it twice with my parents. Which was kind of bad because the conversation at the sex scene was like this...

Mom: Oh gawd! What are they doing!

Me: Mom, you should know. You were married once.

Dad: What did you say? *knowing exactly what I said*

Me: ...

Dad: *walks out of the room*

But... I unno my family's pretty whacked so it wasn't so so horrible. Stuff like that happens a lot. The same thing slipped out on my last birthday too.

I'm really confused though. How did anyone hate Dr. Manhattan? I loved him. I do love him. I was pretty ashamed with Laurie that she didn't stay with him. She has nooo idea what she's missing. 3:

The Queen of Sighs

Niran_Betta_Fish

Swashbuckling Man-Lover

37,190 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:23 am
Tigers Eye xo
I really really liked it. Watched it twice with my parents. Which was kind of bad because the conversation at the sex scene was like this...

Mom: Oh gawd! What are they doing!

Me: Mom, you should know. You were married once.

Dad: What did you say? *knowing exactly what I said*

Me: ...

Dad: *walks out of the room*

But... I unno my family's pretty whacked so it wasn't so so horrible. Stuff like that happens a lot. The same thing slipped out on my last birthday too.

I'm really confused though. How did anyone hate Dr. Manhattan? I loved him. I do love him. I was pretty ashamed with Laurie that she didn't stay with him. She has nooo idea what she's missing. 3:

A lot of people were uncomfortable with Dr. Manhatten's costume or lack thereof. i think this is foolish and the performance was excellent.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:10 pm
Niran_Betta_Fish

A lot of people were uncomfortable with Dr. Manhatten's costume or lack thereof. i think this is foolish and the performance was excellent.

Yeah everytime I talk to someone about it that's the first thing they say. I think it makes sense. Since Dr. Manhattan is so godly I can't imagine him wearing clothes regularly. People wear clothes out of embarassment.

I think people were a little too shocked about the no clothes thing. It wasn't akward here.

The Queen of Sighs

prince darien54

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:58 am
I loved both the book and the movie!
I liked how the characters were so accurate looking and for the most part, I imagined them sounding similar too. (I did think before the movie that Dr. Manhattan would have a voice similar to martian manhunter tho...)  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:04 am
i hvnt actually seen the watchmen but ive read the comic which is frickin amazing!!!!!!!!!!! my frend says the films nt as gd tho n tht thy change the ages n stuff........  

RockPunkRed

Kenshin1387

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:52 pm
So I am really late to this thread but better late than never I suppose.

I did the wrong thing of re-reading the graphic novel about a week before it came out in theaters. So the first time I saw it I was a pissed off fan and hated the film. I went to see it again and was able to separate the graphic novel from the film and I really grew to love it. I thought, for the most part, that each of the characters were cast wonderfully, my favorites being Rorschach, Night Owl, and The Comedian. I think each of the actors really brought these characters to life.

The tweaking they did to the characters of Silk Spectre II and Ozymandias still bothers me a little, they just seemed really out of character from that of the graphic novel. And I am still a little bummed at the rewrite of the ending of the film, I realize that the addition of the squid monster would have made an already long film to something of epic length, but to me it made more sense than the new ending.

But these things were way outweighed by the attention to detail that was paid to everything else, I really want to buy Watchmen: The Ultimate Cut to see it in all it's glory.  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff