Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Movies TV Shows Books Comics
Dr. Who - a show for the truly decrepit Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 38 39 40 41 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like Dr. Who?
I don't like anybody.
5%
 5%  [ 15 ]
Didn't he have something to do with pledge drives?
1%
 1%  [ 5 ]
I don't watch medical shows.
2%
 2%  [ 7 ]
I heard he went crazy and lived in Obi-Wan's attic.
10%
 10%  [ 31 ]
Sure. Lots. Now gimme my poll gold.
24%
 24%  [ 74 ]
Exterminate! Exterminate!
56%
 56%  [ 168 ]
Total Votes : 300

AmberKatt

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:53 pm
Harbone
*Eye starts to twitch...*
Adric? Aaaadric?!?
AAADRIC?!?

Actually, my favorite companion was Turlough.
(the grumpy, high tech alien traitor in the public school uniform, sort of like a time travelling version of Dr. Smith - uh, without a robot.)

Heheheh... I take it then that you cheered when Adric got flamed.... lol

Yeah, I liked Turlough, too. Did you see the George C. Scott version of A Christmas Carol that came out on TV a while back? The actor who played Turlough also played the younger Scrooge in the flashbacks with The Ghost of Christmas Past. Was just a little bit wierd watching that... lol... I kept expecting the Dark Guardian to pop up and start chewing scenery whenever Young Scrooge was running about on the screen. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:03 pm
Harbone
*Eye starts to twitch...*
Adric? Aaaadric?!?
AAADRIC?!?

Oh hey, you might appreciate this Adric Moment -- do you remember the first Peter Davison episode, where The Master kidnapped Adric and tortured him in that web thingie? "Castrovalva"? Do you remember the very last scene, where the newly-recovered new Doctor is jogging his harem of Companions through the woods, on the way to the TARDIS? Well, when they stop, you can see Adric stagger offscreen behind a tree or something. Turns out the actor had had a bit of a bender the night before, and was really hungover when they were filming that scene. He couldn't handle even the bit of jogging they did for the filming, and when he staggers off to the side, it's to ralph his guts out behind that tree.

So yes, you too can watch Adric lose his breakfast on international TV! Whee! rofl  

AmberKatt

Velouria Dragoon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:37 am
vampyre
I own a 14 foot long scarf!!!
ok, now I'm jealous beyond words... 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:42 am
AmberKatt
OMG, I used to be a TOTALLY hardcore Whovian. Way beyond sense and sensibility, worse than any Trekkie. lol.... I've seen every Dr Who episode that still exists to be seen, except for the new ones (Eccleston, you say?). But my brother downloaded those from the net, and he said he'd burn me some copies of them; I just keep forgetting to give him the blank disks when he's here in town. Heck, I've even seen the ~original~ Dr. Who movies, the non-canon Brit ones with Peter Cushing as The Doctor. I was a veteran con-goer, and eventually helped run two local British sci-fi fan conventions (even got to have dinner with Colin Baker, before the first one... lol.... Had breakfast with Danny John Jules, the guy who played "Cat" on Red Dwarf, after the second one) back in the 90's.

For me, Tom Baker was the "only" Dr. Who, although I liked them all (even the one from the USA movie. Yes, I know, that makes me a heretic, but what-the-heck.) Colin Baker was my second favorite Doctor, although I am not exactly sure why.

But I'm afraid I have to prove my Official Whovian Geekdom here -- you've got the wrong spider episode. The one you are talking about, with Sarah Jane and the Jon Pertwee regeneration, was not the one with the spiders that bit people and turned them into Swamp Things. (lol) THAT one was a later Tom Baker episode, titled "Full Circle," and the woman who got bit was Romana, his only Time Lord Companion. She didn't turn into a swamp thing, but she did get this wierd glowy green mark on her face, and she did run off and cavort with the swamp things and help them invade the "human's" space ship. And The Doctor ~did~ save her in the end, so that turned out all right. This episode was, in fact, the first Adric episode.

So yes, I was a total Dr Who geek. xd I've since recovered, but all that information was burned into my permanent hard drive back then and seems to be uneraseable. wink
wow, I haven't seen the older episodes of doctor who since the late 80's. But the only episode that I remember with spiders was the regeneration episode. I can't believe the senility is kicing in so strongly...

I like the Peter Davison's doctor too. And I just didn't like Colin Baker's doc. How could anyone like that guy? I dunno...

I'm still freaking out that I don't remember a Romanna episode. Romanna (2) was one of my favorite companions... (yeah, Tom Baker had much beter companions that Peter Davison did)... hmmm going to be freaking out for quite awhile on this one...  

Velouria Dragoon

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:52 am
VelouriaDS
vampyre
I own a 14 foot long scarf!!!
ok, now I'm jealous beyond words... 3nodding
Me too, I loved that scarf.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:52 pm
crying Fine - I'm suffering scarf-envy (mine is only 8 and a half feet long) POUT pout.

I guess my succeptable mind was corrupted by watching the Prisoner in my formative years (Rover scared the crap out of me - and I always wanted Patric McGoohan's eyes).

So, by the time the good Doctor hit Denver, I was ready. Pertwee and Baker were my fav's. As to sidekicks - aside from K-9 - Sara Jane has a slight lead.  

bigdadio

AmberKatt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:14 am
bigdadio
So, by the time the good Doctor hit Denver, I was ready. Pertwee and Baker were my fav's. As to sidekicks - aside from K-9 - Sara Jane has a slight lead.

OMG, you are in Denver, too? Were you active in Brit sci-fi fandom in the 90's, at all? If so, I bet we know each other, if only in passing... lol.... (Brit sci-fi fandom was a small but proud group, here in Denver... lol....)  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:16 am
bigdadio
crying Fine - I'm suffering scarf-envy (mine is only 8 and a half feet long) POUT pout.

I guess my succeptable mind was corrupted by watching the Prisoner in my formative years (Rover scared the crap out of me - and I always wanted Patric McGoohan's eyes).

I have half of a 17-foot long scarf, but it's in storage somewhere.... I was knitting it off of the official BBC pattern, way back. But that was endless moves ago, and it is buried in storage somewhere. If I ever can excavate it, I'll finish it up.  

AmberKatt

Saiyana2

4,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:24 am
Okay my scarf (which I knitted myself) is 12 feet, hehe and Colin is a sweetheart I like him and I met him personally. So nyeahh sticks out tongue. Peter oogled my breasts in front of his wife and Tom made a dive for them.
Colin was a gentleman.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:38 pm
Saiyana2
Okay my scarf (which I knitted myself) is 12 feet, hehe and Colin is a sweetheart I like him and I met him personally. So nyeahh sticks out tongue. Peter oogled my breasts in front of his wife and Tom made a dive for them.
Colin was a gentleman.
Are you serious? I didn't want to believe that any of them would actually make a dive for them... Annoying as it is, oogling is one thing, but... wow. I mean... Yeah.  

Velouria Dragoon

I Ceymore Ratz
Crew

Revered Prophet

6,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:06 am
I wonder if they went to the same acting school.
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:15 am
That certainly looks like "oogling" to me... lol....

(Um.. who is the second guy? Tell me that's not that Eccleston chap that was mentioned....) confused  

AmberKatt

Velouria Dragoon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:24 am
no, this is him.

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:49 pm
VelouriaDS
no, this is him.

User Image

EEEP!! eek

I think I liked the oogly guy better.... rofl  

AmberKatt

Velouria Dragoon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:55 pm
AmberKatt
VelouriaDS
no, this is him.

User Image

EEEP!! eek

I think I liked the oogly guy better.... rofl
rofl rofl NO WAY!! I didn't like the looks of him at all when I first saw him either. It didn't really all fall together for me until I actually watched the show. I was very critical about this and that and didn't know if I wanted to like the way the tardis looks inside etc. But somehow I gradually got past that and yeah, he's a wonderful doctor. He really did make a great one. Or perhaps I should use the Doctor's own words and say a fantastic one. wink  
Movies TV Shows Books Comics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 38 39 40 41 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff