Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)
Music!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IanDittmar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:20 pm
Linkin park
simple plan
yellowcard
My chemical romance
hawthorne heights
disturbed
godsmack
fall out boy
and much more stuff like that.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:35 pm
my favourite bands include:
Children of Bodom, Vader, Rotting Christ, Bloodrose, Funeris Nocturnum, Sirenia, Norther, Emperor, Nile, Old Man's Child, Opeth, Zyklon, Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth, Warmen, The Black Mages, Sinergy, The Kovenant, Conquest of Steel, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Offspring, Slipknot, Sheep on Drugs, Sisters of Mercy,  

-gimmme_chocolate-

memphiskite

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:51 pm
Fav Bands/Artists/Composers: The Prodigy, Infusion, Sinden Remixes, Shinichi Osawa, Daft Punk, Linkin Park, L'Arc~en~Ciel

Fav Albums: Ministry of Sound (Various), One Love (Various)

I'm pretty much a lover of dance, trance, club and techno music, as well as most instrumental stuff...  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:43 pm
My all time faverite band is Linkin Park and my second faverite band is Dragonforce.
I also like Nickelback the Black Mages and just about any of Nobuo Uematsu's work.  

William Sstrider

Shirtless Gawker

ArikaiHart

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:06 pm
I never posted in here. =o

My favorite artists/bands... Moby, the Fray, Coldplay (******** AWESOME live), U2, Collective Soul, Dido, Great Big Sea, Nickleback, Micheal Buble and a bunch of other random and possibly unknown Canadian/British musicians. I love solo piano. There's an internet radio site with nothing but solo piano. So relaxing.

I usually listen to radio in my car, though. Mostly pop (I listen to Mix, I think that's a pretty standard station in most cities), and I've got, idk, radio favorites, like Maroon 5 and Gwen Stefani.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:25 pm
And yuck, I posted here over three years ago. xd

Nobuo, first of all, is positively awesome, and the Black Mages only improve on said awesomeness.

Nightwish has definitely become my favorite band, and I adore Anette. I do still love Linkin Park, though I normally can't stand that type of music. Emilie Autumn is brilliant, and incredibly awesome live, though sort of... weird, to say the least. Leaves' Eyes and t.A.T.u. are great, too. Depending on my mood, I like The Offspring, and likewise with Weird Al. Trans-Siberian Orchestra is great for Christmas songs, and I have this freakish attraction to Zombina and the Skeletones. I keep forgetting to look up Within Temptation more, because I love what I've heard of theirs.

Half my iTunes is Japanese including Final Fantasy, but I don't usually like specific bands as much as the non-Japanese ones I've mentioned. I need to listen to more of HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR, because if most of there stuff is like Ichirin no Hana, they will definitely be top on my list. L'Arc, of course, is still good, as are Hyde solo and Gackt... I like abingdon boys school and T.M. Revolution himself a lot... ALI PROJECT... An Café... some of D'espairsRay... some of Malice Mizer...

And then there are composers! I feel like I have to list them separately somehow. Again, Nobuo tops the list, but besides him... Yuki Kajiura and Chiyako Fukuda for .hack are the biggest ones. Takeharu Ishimoto did Crisis Core, but I vastly prefer his work on The World Ends with You. A.R. Rahman for Slumdog Millionaire is a recent addition... Oh, and there's Michiru Yamane for Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

Eh... I didn't mean to list so many... Oops...  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

ArikaiHart

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:08 pm
I know almost none of those. xd

I like what I've heard of HIGH and MIGHTY COLOUR, though. Abingdon boys school did the Darker than Black opening song, right? I liked that one. Do you like Rie Fu? I don't usually find many j-pop/rock singers that like, but everything of her's I've heard is really good. ^^

As for composers, what about Yoko Kanno? I love her stuff, Inner Universe and Yin no Piano best.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:35 pm
Really? Compared to some of what I've got, I thought what I listed was pretty mainstream. sweatdrop

Darker than Black... That song would be HOWLING, right? That's a.b.s., yup, but my favorite song of theirs is As One. The only Rie fu song I know is Life Is Like a Boat, but I do very much like that. Come to think of it, I'mma go look up more by her right now...

Ah! I forgot about Yoko Kanno! I absolutely love all her Ghost in the Shell songs... and I know she did Cowboy Bebop, but I don't know if I know her stuff well enough to call her a favorite.

Okay, you know what? Because I'm bored even though I should be doing homework and because I want to, I'm listing my favorite song by each of these artists, in case anyone wants to look them up. I know, nobody cares. xd

Nightwish: The Riddler or The Escapist
Linkin Park: Papercut
Emilie Autumn: Opheliac or What If
Leaves' Eyes: Senses Capture
t.A.T.u.: Я сошла с ума / All the Things She Said
The Offspring: Dammit, I Changed Again
"Weird Al" Yankovic: A Complicated Song
Trans-Siberian Orchestra: This Christmas Day or An Angel Returned
Zombina and the Skeletones: Nobody Like You (When You're Dead)
Within Temptation: Angels
HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR: Ichirin no Hana
L'Arc~en~Ciel: AS ONE or Jiyū e no Shotai
HYDE: Hello
Gackt: Oasis (Not sure on this one...)
abingdon boys school: As One
T.M. Revolution: Resonance
ALI PROJECT: Aka to Kuro
An Café: Lock on the New Sekai
D'espairsRay: SIXTY∞NINE
Malice Mizer: ILLUMINATI
Yuki Kajiura: Aura
Chiyako Fukuda: "She" ~Macha's Theme~
Takeharu Ishimoto: Déjà vu
A.R. Rahman: O Saya
Michiru Yamane: Dracula's Castle or Lost Paintings  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

Schutzhund

5,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:04 am
This could be long list... Yet so, I'm not fanatical about my music. And I didn't list barely any of Finnish folk music bands I love or FF songs.

Apulanta (few songs)
Apocalyptica
Blackmore's Night
Blind Guardian
Brian Setzer
Chris Cornell
Disturbed (I can sing Down with the Sickness. o/)
Dream Evil
Edguy
E Nomine
Gjallarhorn
Hans Zimmer
Iced Earth
Kamelot
Korpiklaani
Leaves Eyes
Nightwish
Nocturnal Rites
NOX
Rammstein
Snekka
Sonata Arctica
Tarot
Thyrfing
Tenacious D
Turisas
Týr
Twilightning
Union Underground
Värttinä
Within Temptation  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:53 pm
Gah, you reminded me! Apocalyptica, Blackmore's Night, E Nomine, and Kamelot are four more bands I need to check into! *headdesk*  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

ArikaiHart

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:43 pm
Ravenwolf
Really? Compared to some of what I've got, I thought what I listed was pretty mainstream. sweatdrop

Darker than Black... That song would be HOWLING, right? That's a.b.s., yup, but my favorite song of theirs is As One. The only Rie fu song I know is Life Is Like a Boat, but I do very much like that. Come to think of it, I'mma go look up more by her right now...

Ah! I forgot about Yoko Kanno! I absolutely love all her Ghost in the Shell songs... and I know she did Cowboy Bebop, but I don't know if I know her stuff well enough to call her a favorite.

A lot of what you listed is J-pop/rock though, right? I don't listen to a lot of that.

Yeah, it's HOWLING. I've never head anything else by them, but I liked it. Is all their stuff similar? Rie Fu also did the first ending to Darker than BLACK (among other things).  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:01 pm
Ravenwolf

Nightwish: The Riddler or The Escapist
Linkin Park: Papercut
Emilie Autumn: Opheliac or What If
Leaves' Eyes: Senses Capture
t.A.T.u.: Я сошла с ума / All the Things She Said
The Offspring: Dammit, I Changed Again
"Weird Al" Yankovic: A Complicated Song
Trans-Siberian Orchestra: This Christmas Day or An Angel Returned
Zombina and the Skeletones: Nobody Like You (When You're Dead)
Within Temptation: Angels
HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR: Ichirin no Hana
L'Arc~en~Ciel: AS ONE or Jiyū e no Shotai
HYDE: Hello
Gackt: Oasis (Not sure on this one...)
abingdon boys school: As One
T.M. Revolution: Resonance
ALI PROJECT: Aka to Kuro
An Café: Lock on the New Sekai
D'espairsRay: SIXTY∞NINE
Malice Mizer: ILLUMINATI
Yuki Kajiura: Aura
Chiyako Fukuda: "She" ~Macha's Theme~
Takeharu Ishimoto: Déjà vu
A.R. Rahman: O Saya
Michiru Yamane: Dracula's Castle or Lost Paintings

yay! I like Chiyako Fukuda's tracks too! My personal favs however are 'Everything in These Hands' and 'I'm Right Here' - so mainly the G.U. stuff... there was also that one track they played for the prototype trailer too which I like as well...

Ali Project's quite alright, mainly the instrumental stuff for me... like 'Get Gold'  

memphiskite

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:58 pm
Oh... yeah... I tend to forget that it's not normal to have all that Japanese. sweatdrop I've never actually seen Darker than Black; I just remembered seeing it when I looked up a.b.s., but it is actually on my to-check list (anime list, not to be confused with the music list). HOWLING is indeed pretty typical of them though.

I love all the avatar battle songs. I don't remember the prototype trailer at all, let alone the music in it, though. I prefer ALI PROJECT's vocal tracks... The pitch can be a little grating at times, but I love the feel it gives the music, mostly in the faster songs.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:48 pm
There wasn't much difference between the prototype and the E3 trailers... just that the Epitaph Users had a different wardrobe and the PK fight scene was a little slower...

The lyrical stuff are alright but I get bored of them after a while...

Where did you listen to Takeharu Ishimoto's 'Deja Vu'? I love his work!  

memphiskite

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:31 am
Aw, I want to see different outfits... *will YouTube later*

Déjà vu is from The World Ends with You... which I'm tempted to say has a better soundtrack than Final Fantasy. I won't because it doesn't have the variety and as emotional songs, but they're pretty freaking awesome nevertheless.  
Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff