Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 20. ✿ - - - Debating
Gay Marriage. Nay or Yay? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SorceressJacklyn

Blessed Prophet

12,975 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:32 pm
Let gays marry so they can be as miserable as the rest of us. lol jk

I am for gay marriage. I don't wanna get into all my point cuz it might take up the page. eek But I will say this. If I wanna marry my girlfriend before Lady and Lord, I want to be able to call it a marriage and not a domestic partnership.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:42 pm
To me, it seems that more women in today's society show more compassion towards the gay men and women, because they believe in love and see nothing wrong with those relations. My point about men's view on this subject cannot be completely right on, because i am and always have been a woman, but i believe they think that gay men's sex life and being close to eachother is a bit "nasty."

I am 100% for gay marrige, as long as they do not turn into people who want more rights than more people by pulling the "minority" card.

Angel9547

ThornySinger

2,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:39 pm
I'm happy that so many of you think that gay marriage is good! ^_^ But props to you girls that deny gay marriage as well, and being able to state your opinion without making a huge fuss.

I think that if you are gay, then you are gay. Why should you be forced to love someone that you don't really love? So what if you can't raise your own blood family? Sheesh, if you love the darn person, then heck you will! Society can't stop it, and nothing will!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:02 pm
Rei Uchikino
Azusanga
Rei Uchikino
Not that I have anything against gay marraige, but I don't see the point in it. A gay couple can just live together and it would basically be like they're married. But it's like you said, homosexuals should have the same rights as everyone else. And if they want to get married then why not.

But they're not. If a straight couple lived together, it'd be like they were married too....

This is true. But originally marriage wasn't created out of love. It was arranged to make families. The way I see it, a straight couple that plans on having a family normally gets married. I don't know of any families where the mom and dad have never been married at all and just lived together. But I do know some straight people who don't see the point in marriage and don't want any kids, and say that they'll just live with their significant other like they're married.

But that's their choice. There are also some straight people who need to marry. Just as some gay people feel that they need to.  

johnlennonandcupcakes

johnlennonandcupcakes

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:08 pm
Personally, in America, I don't think the religious argument should be tied in. We are not a Christian nation, nor a Muslim, nor Jewish, nor Buddhist, or any other type of affiliation. That is one of the main concepts of America, which is why marriage, in America, is not a religious thing, it is quite literally a legal thing. It writes on paper that you are responsible for each other, often that a name has changed, and that you are permanently bonded. That is why divorce is a legal process.
So religion has absolutely nothing to do with it, and I think that argument is thoroughly unfair.
I am bisexual, and when considering the idea of being with a woman, I would want to be able to marry her. I would want that special day, to see my bride as beautiful as she can make herself, all for me, and for her, to feel special about our commitment. To many, and myself, that is what marriage is about. I don't think anyone should be deprived of it.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:46 am
Nay talk2hand  

Shuh-duh-fuh-cup

8,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

FeatherFace

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:09 am
joe_is_my_hubby
Nay talk2hand

Why?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:01 am
I could be biased on this matter since I consider myself at the very least 99% lesbian, but I say "Yay."

Does it hurt others? No. Do straight, married, middle-aged men with a little boy fetishes hurt others? You're damn right they do. Why should these abusive people be allowed to marry another when we (the majority of the gay community) are just as upright and live just as decent loves as others are not? It seems a little silly, in my opinion.

I respect a good person and their religion, mostly due to the fact that a good portion of my family on my father's side are Christians with my father and grandmother are ordained ministers, and I believe that if they do not wish to marry a gay couple then they shouldn't be forced to. Of course there are radical, extremist religious folk that believe this will end up being the case and inevitably cause the downfall of humanity as we know it, there's not much that can be done to change this sort of outlandish thinking, sadly.

Others have mentioned the legal benefits of marriage? One partner in a gay relationship may not visit their spouse in the event that said person is in the hospital simply because they are not family, though they very well may be considered such even though the government may not recognize their deep love and attachment to one another as something real.

I am longing for the day when I can move to another state since I have my doubts that Florida will ever release its ironclad hold on homophobic restrictions that do not allow us to either marry, have anything that might even remotely resemble a marriage, or adopt. Why? Because Crist is a dillhole. -.-  

Musical Doll

Kaiyle Brightblade

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:17 pm
Rei Uchikino
Not that I have anything against gay marraige, but I don't see the point in it. A gay couple can just live together and it would basically be like they're married. But it's like you said, homosexuals should have the same rights as everyone else. And if they want to get married then why not.

There are legal benefits to being legally married. Like taxes.
Two adults should be able to get married no matter what. Separation of church and state please.
Oh, and it would bring in lots of revenue when gays all of sudden start paying for marriage licenses. So not only does it not harm anyone, but it actually helps!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:51 pm
I say "Yay".

I have my own reasons and opinions, regardless that I am bi. I am not using this as my opinion or to be bais. This is truly how I feel and how I would feel even if I was straight.

Gay marriage should be legal. Love is defined not as 'a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person who is straight.' but rather just as 'a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.' It does not specifically say a person who is straight or of the opposite sex. Love is meant for anyone whether they be the same-sex or opposite-sex.

Not going back to Rei Uchikino's statement that there is no point in it and that they 'can just live together and it would basically be like they're married', I don't mean to offend, but I find that statement a little awkward. Marriage means a lot to straight couples, so why can't it mean a lot to same-sex couples? Marriage isn't just something that is for the wedding or the contract or to 'show the straight people that they can't win', but it's more than that. Marriage is not only a bond through a wedding and a contract, but it means so much more and has a lot more things to it. A marriage has many things that are not included with non-marriage.

For instance, when a couple isn't married, can a loved one whom we say passed away leave their possessions and what they want to their loved one? No. Can a loved one visit their loved one in a hospital without the loved one's family? No. Marriage has not only a spiritual bond, but as much as we hate it, a government bond. It has the many things that only can be received when you get married. Some of these include hospital rights, inheritance rights, financial rights, and so many other things.

Marriage is something that shouldn't matter because of who you love. I mean, does it matter if an African American marries an Asian American? No. Does it matter if a disable person married someone who is on their last breath of life? No. We don't discriminate against skin color or disabilities or financial problems within a family or even say a man who marries a women with three kids, so why should same sex matter? If someone is going to begin judging on same sex for love, then they might as well judge by ethnicity and everything else.

Okay I better stop for now because if I keep going..This response will last three pages... sweatdrop  

Merines_Amara

Beloved Shapeshifter

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:42 pm
I’ll erase this feeling…
I still have a long life don’t I?
kono omoi wo keshiteshimau ni ha
mada jinsei nagai deshou?
I vote ******** YES!! I mean yay :3

My point being is that marriage is not a privelege but it is a right. Per the Ninth Amendment which is the Rights of the people. In other words the right to marry is apart of it. It is not explicitly stated like Roe vs Wade, however it doesn't mean it does not exist.

Back in the 60's many right winged Christians declared that interracial marriage was an abomination. That it was immoral. That it was against the Bible. That for 2000+ years, people have been marrying within their own race. Guess what? It's legal according to the Supreme Court.

Gay marriage is a civil right. It is not something that should be voted on but decided in the state courts and the Supreme Court. Like Abortion, Voting Rights for African Americans and Women, Interracial Marriage, etc.

Someone mentioned living together is like being married. The word you're actually looking for is a Commonlaw Marriage. It's basically when you live with the person one for a set amount of time and you're considered married. However in some states it's not a good idea. In fact it's a very very very bad idea.

Why is commonlaw marriage bad in some states? It's very simple. You don't get benefits in a commonlaw marriage. In fact you get screwed out of them. A family friend wasn't legally married to her male partner of 20 years or so. They were technically married according to the Commonlaw Marriage. He died at 42 from a heart attack in 2000. Jackie, had to pay for the funeral out of her own pocket. Why? Because she didn't have a legal marriage according to the state of Illinois. A few years after that she got married to someone.
I’m missing the feeling…
so this pain is also welcomed!
natsukashiku naru
konna itami mo kangeijan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:42 am
Kaiyle Brightblade
Rei Uchikino

There are legal benefits to being legally married. Like taxes.
Two adults should be able to get married no matter what. Separation of church and state please.
Oh, and it would bring in lots of revenue when gays all of sudden start paying for marriage licenses. So not only does it not harm anyone, but it actually helps!

Those are perfect points, Kaiyle.
Plus: it's not the same to sit around pretending you're married. If it was, no one would do it.  

johnlennonandcupcakes

greeness

Super Junior

20,925 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Building the Army 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:17 am
I vote yea on gay marriage. I happen to live in Iowa = gay marriage legal. I can get gay married if I want to ^^
and I believe that everyone should be allowed to as well. I've never wanted to get married, and if I did, I'd want it to be in Vegas with a random stranger who isn't drunk. the next on my list is gay married ^^
I haven't found anyone to do it with though. sigh.

.... anyone want to get married to me?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:11 am
greeness
I vote yea on gay marriage. I happen to live in Iowa = gay marriage legal. I can get gay married if I want to ^^
and I believe that everyone should be allowed to as well. I've never wanted to get married, and if I did, I'd want it to be in Vegas with a random stranger who isn't drunk. the next on my list is gay married ^^
I haven't found anyone to do it with though. sigh.

.... anyone want to get married to me?

oh my goodness, i totally will lol. It would be the funnest thing ever! Except I have this boyfriend that might mind... And I live in Florida lol. But I'm from Massachusetts. First state to legalize!!!
How old are you?  

johnlennonandcupcakes

Ratt Kazamata

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:25 am
I say yay. People can't help it if they are gay. It shouldn't really matter to others what they do or do not do. I believe it's fine.  
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff