Submit

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:32 pm
At the hand on her shoulder, Kelebek jumps and emits a squeak that sends little bubbles up toward the surface. "Oh!" she exclaims happily. "Gods and little fishes, I'm so glad you found me. I don't think I ever could have found you among all these people, Turin. Er, Captain," she corrects herself hastily. She isn't sure whether she needs to use the title since they're at court, but better safe than sorry, right?

"Um, anyway," she continues with a deep blush. She has to admit to herself she has a mighty crush on him, but is determined not to let that cloud her judgment or her thoughts just now. "I need to talk with you...is there someplace we can be alone?" She looks around at all the people, all the eyes watching. She's sure they can all tell and it unnerves her.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:43 pm
"Sorry for the scare," he apologized automatically, eyes scanning the hallway for a moment. He wasn't sure why they needed a private place to talk...he wasn't ashamed or anything of the fact that they'd decided to be friends. She seemed a deeper, rosy pink than normal though.

Still, it could be sort of noisy and busy out here, so maybe that was all. "It's alright. There's a room down the side hallway that I don't think is being used today. Just follow me." He nodded, a polite smile, then turned to push back through and lead the way down a quiet side hallway, towards a somewhat out of the way room just off the main corridor. Trusting she had followed, Turin entered and waved Kelebek in after him. The whole time, he was puzzling over why she should have sought him out in particular today? Why not on a quieter day? Of course, he'd said whenever she wanted to talk, she could come find him, but he hadn't been expecting her so soon. Or so suddenly.

Leaning his spear against the wall, relaxed, he turned and stared at her curiously. "So...what's the matter, Kelebek? Everything alright?"

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:54 pm
"Um, well, that depends on how you define 'alright'," she answers, fidgeting with her hands and constantly pushing her hair back out of her face. "It's just that I have some...information that's a bit...well, awkward. Very awkward."

Kelebek takes a deep breath. She's so nervous she's shaking. She hopes he doesn't run her through with that spear. For multiple reasons.

"It's...I mean, I'm....well, it's difficult to say, you know?..." She runs her hand through her hair. "The other night at that party....with the land-dweller drink...and I....you...er, we..." She starts to pace, her tongue stalling desperately, trying to keep the dreadful news in.

After a few moments the stress gets to her and she begins to cry. Quietly, and it's barely detectable except for soft sniffles and Kelebek's suddenly constant touching of her face.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:09 pm
An uneasy, sick feeling was starting to grow in the Captain's stomach. No, it wasn't his power kicking in; he felt no hint of ill intent or malice, nor of incoming attack. Not in that sense. However, this was a different sort of danger...a slow, creeping, instinctual feeling of dread...

"Kel...?" he started hesitantly, reaching out to place a hand on her shoulder, gently yet firmly turning her to look at him. His eyes locked on hers, urging her to go on. Honestly, he wanted to shout something much more rude, like demanding she hurry up and be out with it. But that was his own unease speaking. Did he really want to rush her, to know that much sooner?

...better than waiting.

So, in a firm, steady voice, his eyes still on her face, he asked, "What about that night?"

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:18 pm
Kelebek sniffles and tries to calm herself. She brushes tears away from her eyes and takes a deep breath. Steady now. She's so nervous she's almost sick to her stomach.

"I....I'm expecting a little one," she says softly. She closes her eyes then, and bows her head, biting her bottom lip, the tears flowing freely again. "I'm so s-sorry...I mean...I c-can take care of it myself and e-e-everything...I don't want you to l-lose your position or anything but I just thought you sh-should know...." She takes another halting breath. "I'll understand if you d-don't want to s-see me e-ever a-again," she manages, using the phrase she'd rehearse to herself on the way here.

Gods and little fishes, she hadn't expected to break down like this...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:40 pm
It was as if the world had stopped for a moment...then continued in slow motion. Turin's brain was disconnected from his body. While his brain reeled with the revelation, his physical response was immediate. Perhaps it was a response only to Kelebek's sobs and obvious fear in coming here to tell him this. Who knew?

For the first time since that drunken night, the Aernyn Captain wrapped his arms around her shoulders and held her close, one hand on the back of her head. If she needed to cry, let her cry. "It's alright...it's not your fault," he muttered, only beginning to shake off his own shock. By the great ocean, what in the hell was he going to do? No, he wasn't the only one concerned here...it took two, and both responsibility and consequences had to be shared.

Still, after a bit, long enough that Kelebek would realize he wasn't going to react with violence or rejection or anything like that, Turin released his hold on her and backed away. He moved towards the opposite wall, reaching out a hand towards it...then dropping his head against the wall with a dull thud.

"Crap."

Okay, honestly, a stream of much worse curse words were streaming through his head...but he still had the presence of mind that there was a lady present. Correction...an expectant mother. Looking like a gutter-minded, foul-mouthed brute was not the impression he wanted to make...as an...expecting...father.

The realization was like a slap in the face. In a muffled voice, he grumbled to himself.

"...Sadron will never let this one go now."

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:49 pm
Kelebek wants to draw him close, to let him hold her and tell her it'd be alright. Maybe even tell her they'd make a family and live happily ever after. But she knows it wouldn't be. His reaction to her crying surprised her. She hadn't expected him to touch her at all, let alone embrace her and comfort her.

As he pulls away, Kelebek wipes her eyes once again, and takes another deep, steadying breath. "I...so you don't hate me?" she asks.

Because honestly she was excited about the prospect of a baby. It wasn't as if she had a reputation to protect, and surely her offspring would love her. Which is all she really wanted, anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:42 pm
Sighing softly, Turin shook his head, still leaning against the wall for the moment. He was shocked...uneasy...concerned...and just a little numb. Still...he wasn't a jackass.

Turning, he leaned back against the wall instead, facing her. "No...no, I don't hate you. Believe it or not, it'd take much more than this for me to even consider hating someone. That aside, as I said, it's not your fault. It takes two, afterall..." Eyes closed, he reached up and ran his fingers through his hair. It was tempting to hope that this would all go away...that no one would have to know...

Hopeful, but not likely. Groaning in defeat at the realization, he muttered, "We're not going to be able to hide this, you know. Someone always finds out. The question instead is what we're planning to do about it."

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:06 pm
Kelebek nods slightly. "That's why I came as soon as I found out myself...I figured you'd find out eventually, and I'd rather it be from my lips than someone else's." She sighs and pushes her hair back out of her face.

"So I guess we should...consider our options?" She's such a ball of mixed feelings. On the one hand, she understands what an awkward situation Turin's been put in by all of this, and she wants to make it the least damaging to his life as possible. On the other hand, all the options that are coming to mind are names for the little one.

"What do you think we should do?"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:26 pm
Despite the situation, Turin smiled slightly. "Well, I appreciate that," he muttered honestly. Not everyone would have treated this situation so delicately. Some would have seen an opportunity in such a scandal with a member of the court. Kelebek seemed more concerned with his well-being in all this than anything else.

He could have done much, much worse with a drunken one-night stand.

Okay, that still sounded horrible. Luckily it was only in his head.

He sighed, still leaning against the wall and rubbing his head with one hand. "Alright, technically, there's no rules against members of the court fraternizing with non-members, far as I can remember, so there's no issue there." He paused, cringing at how cold that sounded. "Sorry, just quoting court law in my head at the moment. Don't take it personally."

He crossed the room slowly, taking a seat and dropping his head in his hands again. He was silent for a while in thought, then spoke in a quiet voice. "I just...never imagined myself as a father. Ever."

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:46 pm
"Why not?" asks Kelebek, coming to sit on the floor in front of him. "Never imagined yourself teaching someone else how to hunt or fight?" She draws up her tail and wraps her arms around it. "For what it's worth, I think you'd make a fine father." She offers a little smile to him.

"Still, compliments won't solve our situation..." she muses. "For the record, I was serious when I said I'd take care of it by myself. I know you have a duty to the court, and it's difficult to balance work and children, so I can raise it and you can be free to continue what it is you're doing now." She shrugs simply. "Of course, you'd be welcome anytime you wanted to come visit me and the little one..."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:56 pm
"To be honest? No, I never did." Turin chuckled softly, shaking his head. "But thanks anyway."

"That's...probably the best idea. I mean, I can't guarantee I'll be free all the time, since I didn't exactly plan for this," he muttered, rubbing his neck. "And I really appreciate how you're handling this."

Still, something was eating at the back of his mind and without quite understanding why, he pipped up again, "But, I'll talk with the rest of the court later. I'm sure...it'd be alright if you and the kid spent some time here, err...if you don't need to be somewhere else. And you don't mind the busyness sometimes."

Another thought. "I'm sure most wouldn't mind, just, a personal concern." He leaned in close, as if sharing a great secret, but privately trying to keep an amused smirk from crossing his face as he muttered, "Might be a good idea to keep the kid away from Commander Sadron. I think he'd be a bad influence."

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:05 pm
Kelebek giggles and shakes her head. "I'm not sure I'd have much cause to interact with Commander Sadron anyway," she says, shrugging.

His compliment had caused her to blush. She's trying so hard to not completely swoon in his presence. "I...I really appreciate you not running me through with that spear," she says, biting her bottom lip and looking down off to the side. "I had no idea how you were going to react..."

Still, the thought of coming to court more often definitely has appeal.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:30 pm
Turin chuckled softly, relieved to have at least a moment where things felt semi-normal again. "He's really not that bad, just so you know. Just...a little rough around the edges." Probably went with the job of being a hunter, not that he would know really.

His eyes widened in genuine shock at her revelation. "That's...more than a little over dramatic, don't you think?" He sure did. Even if he'd been angry at her, illogical as it was...he'd never even consider something as insane as that. "I can't imagine..." He shook his head slightly, reaching out to touch her shoulder as a comforting gesture.

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:17 pm
Kelebek smiles softly at his touch. "I had sort of figured, but still. Strong emotions and frustration make people do odd things..." she says, tilting her head to the side a bit.

"A-anyway, I should let you get back to your work." She begins to stand up.

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff