AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:48 pm
I think online dating is a bad idea.
I had a boyfriend talking to me online and then someone how his sisters friend got my number and then her friend started to hit on me.
I wasn't Bi-Sexual well before I was but it very was unconformable when she was hitting on me.
I wanted to call the police but then I just hung up on her.
Oh and he wouldn't show his face so I doubt he was a real boyfriend to me.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:52 pm
My mother always told me love was a bullshit emotion that only fools and dreamers believed in...
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

If you're on a site created for online dating, go for it. But the people on Gaia are just too unpredictable for some to even take the chance. I mean, a few years ago it wasn't so bad, but now there are so many creeps and losers running ramped on here it's dangerous. I had a girl try and steal my real life boyfriend from me claiming to be almost 30. Then when she wasn't getting anywhere, she moved on to the next guy and told him she was 17.
Dating on Gaia is a very bad idea. On a site designed for dating, go for it. But on Gaia it's just not a good idea. You don't even want to know my story about the Gaia creep.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User ImageUser Image
...so she told me to be the fool with a dream...

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100

User_20392979

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:57 pm
I say it depends. I met some great people on Gaia and online in general but not everyone is great and it can be risky, but dating anyone you don't really, including offline can be risky.

I know people that met online and are now happily married, so it isn't all bad and that is how I met a great guy. Of course I got to know him first, it wasn't something random.

Edit-somethings I like to add. All relationships take work, especially LDR. It helps talking to them on the phone, sending pictures and e-mails, making plans, etc....not something I recommend unless you are serious about it and willing to put in some work but it can be very awarding as well.

Also, people in conventional relationships cheat, that is always a risk. This is where trust and communication comes in, it's very important in every long lasting relationship.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:20 am

honestly when i started gaia i thought online dating was a joke so i would say yes to whomever asked me, but then later in the future things got more serious then it got me bored and depressed because i honestly had no one to talk to, i met a guy on gaia but he was going to quick falling in love then wanting to get married then wanting to have kids, i was flattered at first but i thought it over and i thought it was best for me to end it with him because i just felt uncomfortable even talking to him any longer. now i am a lot more happy and im not dependant on any one.

so in together for other girls to be safe i think it's best for them not to be into online dating because there are older men who could manipulate 9-16 year old girls to get them to do anything such as sending nude pictures, doing objects that are even not well for a girl to begin with.

in some cases when meeting someone it can turn out to be a miracle.

ex: my brother met his now wife on facebook, but he had met her before but never talked to her, so facebook helped give a jump start to the relationship.
bad ending relationship:
ex: my brother (same one) met a girl who lived in San Diego (before he met his wife) he likes her talked to her and hit it off but then my brother wanted to meet her but she didn't want to. my brother ended it because he realized he can't be with a woman whom he never actually came face to face with.

it's best to keep everything safe and well talked out as to what Angel Nicholson had said "If you're on a site created for online dating, go for it. But the people on Gaia are just too unpredictable for some to even take the chance." for girls under the age of 16 is not a great idea for them to be online dating but 17 and older girls think more of their choices, instead of thinking what a boy has called her even when he has never seen nor came face to face with her at all

I Red Roze I

Hilfin

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:54 pm
I think it's okay as long as it stays on Gaia. The minute you've decided you're going to go fly out to meet someone you've never actually met in person, that's where I draw the line.

Yes, it has worked out well for so many people but it's also very dangerous and you never really know if that person is someone you can trust if you've never really met them before.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:15 pm
As I've matured throughout the years, I realise Gaia Dating is just that. GAIA dating.  

Capn Agonys

6,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Gallery Of Suicide

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:26 pm
I met my boyfriend Max on Gaia in August of 2009(holy s**t, I can't believe it's been so long!). We started dating June 25th, 2010. We started talking via voice January 20th, 2010. We're still dating. We talk on the phone daily, we've exchanged personal signs so we know we are who we are, we're very close. We have good communication. The only thing not going for us is he lives in CT and I live in FL. We have plans to change that.

I don't fully support online dating. Two people meet in Towns, Rally, Jigsaw, Pinball, etc.. 'Wanna go out with me?'. No.. just no. I don't even consider that dating, because 5 seconds later, the guy/girl is asking someone else out. Then there's people who have no idea who the other person is and just talks via MSN/Gaia/etc.. I'll admit, me & Max had no clue what each other looked like, we fell for each others' personalities. Well, Max vaguely saw a picture of me, it was far off & bad. It doesn't count. But, if you know the person and it's not some spur of the moment thing, great.. I feel online dating has a lot of good communication, which a lot of irl couples lack.

And, yes, I felt the same way about them before me & Max. I just think it's cute. ;c

20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff