Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Convention Attention: HOW ANNOYING! D:< Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wielder of Mighty Pencil!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:52 pm
The Lone Wolf Jedi
shireishou

@ALL :

I HATE SMALL CHANGE ROOM

Last Saturday at Depok Town Square Event-Jakarta-Indonesia
we only get changing room AT TOILET!!!!

Its really small. The corridor only around 90cm (3'0")
Its damn hot since so many cosplayer AND Toilet user that use the room

Can U imagin I must change into this on the room like hell like that? I really not enjoying the cosplay that time. GRRRRRRRRRRRR

YES. Usually I change in the hotel room, but when you need to use the toilet (and thus remove your costume and then put it back on) it's awfull. Urgh. Particularly since public bathrooms are never clean, and I hate having my cosplay touch the floor or the toilet. Just urgh.

I didn't quote the picture here, but awesome photo.

I agree, I cant stand having to change in or use public restrooms when I cosplay, thats why once I get that sucker on it aint comin off till I get home
The only fun aspect of cosplaying in public restrooms is the reaction of normal people who come in while you're using the mirror. Even so, it's hardly a fair exchange.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:00 pm
The Lone Wolf Jedi
shireishou

@ALL :

I HATE SMALL CHANGE ROOM

Can U imagin I must change into this on the room like hell like that? I really not enjoying the cosplay that time. GRRRRRRRRRRRR

YES. Usually I change in the hotel room, but when you need to use the toilet (and thus remove your costume and then put it back on) it's awfull. Urgh. Particularly since public bathrooms are never clean, and I hate having my cosplay touch the floor or the toilet. Just urgh.

I agree, I cant stand having to change in or use public restrooms when I cosplay, thats why once I get that sucker on it aint comin off till I get home
The only fun aspect of cosplaying in public restrooms is the reaction of normal people who come in while you're using the mirror. Even so, it's hardly a fair exchange.

Yeah when I get that I look back at them and go "What? Aint you ever seen so-and-so use a restroom before?" lol  

The Lone Wolf Jedi

3,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

GleekSily3_6

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:43 pm
i hate it when the noobies (like the 8 till 12 year old newbies) are randomly going to caramelldansen or something like that T.T

or going to crazy at a con/meeting...yes it is awesome...but leave the other people alone...and dont random hug people, ASK if you want to hug...and only run and hug someone if you know the person and you know the person like it.

this year Chibicon here in the Netherlands a lot of my friend didnt had tickets because little children went to the con...with there Parents..who all were like...OMFG let's go now or my child will be like this forever T.T
if you want to go to a con for the first time it's ok. but dont bring youre parent...becouse most of them were leaving verry fast becouse of the parents didnt like it and becouse of that a lot of DieHard cosplayers i know didnt had a ticket

and i really dont like it if thet put the DDR, Games and karaoke at one room...that just not good for youre ears.

and the lines for the DealerRoom...O.o to long (but that's why i wait till the last day or till later that a day)  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:26 pm
The Lone Wolf Jedi
The Lone Wolf Jedi
shireishou

@ALL :

I HATE SMALL CHANGE ROOM

Yeah when I get that I look back at them and go "What? Aint you ever seen so-and-so use a restroom before?" lol
XD It's especially fun during crossplay. I'll be in the bathroom adjusting myself in front of the mirror, and some lady will walk in and look horrified. Iit's fun to turn around, give her a look like she's crazy, and say "What?"  

shireishou

Newbie Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:31 pm
ARGHH I envy U who able to change at hotels ^^

ahaah the crossplayer also make some one enter wrong room  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:55 am
Well I never crossplayed but I would love to see the reaction if I were to change in the Men's room and have someomne walk in and say "Oops, sorry miss", that would be hilarious  

The Lone Wolf Jedi

3,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

shireishou

Newbie Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:34 am
The Lone Wolf Jedi
Well I never crossplayed but I would love to see the reaction if I were to change in the Men's room and have someomne walk in and say "Oops, sorry miss", that would be hilarious

ahha yes yes
I think the female visitor will be shock when entering male rest room  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:10 pm
My con peeves? I have a few, bare with me. Though I've already scene many of them.

1 ) The newbies. Don't get me wrong, I was a newbie once myself, but I at least learned the etiquette of a convention. You don't learn the 'do's and 'don't's of a convention, you are in for one hell of a talking to or you'll see someone talking about what you did wrong later that week if not the next day in the con's or other various forums.

2 ) Unwanted Glomping. Hugs are nice. Permission-given hugs are nice. If the person is really REALLY careful when they do it, I'll let them lightly glomp. But you glomp me and I didn't know you were coming? Don't be surprised if the nice character that you saw two seconds ago turns into a raging volcano. I tend to get some characters like that... Or characters who have that nice tone of voice where they could be saying something to you and their eyes say "get away from me or I'll rip your guts out."

3 ) Idiot Con Security/Staff. I had an issue with this ONE year and I've never gone back to their con. It had started at least six months before the con with the props/weapons policy. That wasn't a pretty battle over the forums let me tell you. And when I was there with my cousin and a friend of mine, we were in line to sign up for a skit for the cosplay show. It was still relatively early in the sign up so we were sure we'd get in. We get to one side of the line and were like oh okay, cool. After a few minutes we realize we're at the wrong end of the line. So we go to where we were supposed to be and I kneel down to work on the script... only for one of the members of security to come up to where we were and rudely slam their arm down between us and the people in line before us. They basically told us they weren't accepting anymore entries. We packed up, disappointed and start heading off. My cousin hears another one of them say "They do know you were only joking right?" It was probably best we didn't get in because they unvoluntarily cut people in the line for the skits and walk ons including one really good group - and in truth, having found out they'd been cut people were actually willing to give up their spot to make sure that group went on. But after that year, I haven't gone back to that con.

4 ) First-year cons that can't handle themselves. I was a part of one of these this year as a volunteer on cosplay staff. It was poorly managed, they had moved the location A WEEK before the convention itself. We ended up next to a flee market that blasted that tex-mex chicano music 24/7 (I don't have anything against it, it just ruins the mood of the con). It was just all in all poorly run. I don't have any real beef with the people who run it, it just wasn't done properly. When my rounds were up Saturday night, I was gone. And went to a friend's who was an hour or so away.

5 ) False cosplayers. You know, those people who just buy random crap and say "look, I'm a (enter name of profession here) from (enter name of series here)" when you can blatantly tell that they didn't even try.

6 ) Con-funk. 'Nuff said.

7 ) Clueless fangirls/boys. Those people who come up and say "Oh I'm such a big fan of the show you're a part of... Who are you again?" It's especially annoying if your character is one of the main characters of the series. This has happened to me... I was not happy.

8 ) People who are a little too in character. Yes this has been mentioned before. And I mean, don't get me wrong, if you see me in costume, I'll probably be acting like the character I'm portraying (i.e. Kikumaru Eiji, Fuji Syuusuke, Quatre Winner, etc.). However if you approach me as a normal human and address me by my handle which will clearly be on the badge, I will be talking to you as myself (though a bit quirky if I wanna keep my character fresh - I keep talking like Eiji and/or Fuji and it's rather funny). I just don't like it when people who are in character want to stay as that character to the extreme where they only wanna be addressed as that character and nothing else - not even responding to their badge or real name.

I have more, but those are some big ones to me.  

MelodiousFlurry

shireishou

Newbie Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:56 pm
@MelodiousFlurry":

2 ) Unwanted Glomping. 0.o Maybe different culture with my country. if some one did that, he/she will get slapped for sure. To do handshake we need permission first ^^;

3 ) Idiot Con Security/Staff. I agree with that. No coordination also make everything goes worst.
For example,
"You cant stand there! It annoying people!"
When I move "GO THERE!" when I go there another security said, "GO THERE! What are U doing here! This is not Ur spot!" I HATE THAT EVENT! Now I black list that mall and those EO

7 ) Clueless fangirls/boys. Bwahahahah But I'm not mad with this one since my cosplay costume is unfamous
It happen to me and my partner when we cosplay yasha Clan from Fuuma no Kojiro
Girl : "What cosplay is that?"
Me :"I'm Shien and She is Byako we crossplay from Fuuma no Kojiro."
Girl :"What is FnK?"
My Friends : "Anime authored by Kurumada Masami. The Author of Saint Seiya. Do U know Saint Seiya?"
Girl : "No. What is that?"
Me : "What year U were born?"
My Friends : "I think it GAP year knowledge here. lol"

8 ) People who are a little too in character. Ahaha I see many people like this. For me its better if U act as Ur character when some one ask U to phhoto or on stage. The others, U still can be Urself ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:51 am
Where are you from if I may ask? Since where you're from you need permission for just a handshake.

Oh, and you did FnK? while I cosplayed FnK, I did the live action version, not the animated series/manga.  

MelodiousFlurry

shireishou

Newbie Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:38 am
Indonesia
Not... fully strict. BUt mostly, we must "Hi!" first before shaking hand ^^ Not directly hugging or something like that

HUOOOOOOOOOO
U COSPLAY AS FNK? REALLY??? I want to se the photo plssssss
I'll send U PM ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:03 am
Since last Abunai, I find my self rather HIGHLY annoyed by people who ONLY go to these conventions and gatherings in hopes to 'pick up hot chicks' Dx.

This guy from my university is exactly such a person. Take a typical 'can never get a girlfriend but tries in creepy ways' sitcom character, and he's EXACTLY that.... times ten D=. He's beyond remedy, honestly, I know because I've tried, and so have my friends.
Last time during this cosplay prom, he got himself drunk (at least he claims he did, I couldn't tell the difference), and started feeling up EVERY girl he could manage to get close to >.>'. He even commented on how nice this girl's BREASTS were! Not her cosplay outfit, her breasts!

Now he got himself a cosplay outfit online, and know why? Not because he loves the character, not because he likes to cosplay (in fact he calls us all 'freaks'), no, because he THINKS it'll help him get attention from 'hot chicks' Dx.

And for some reason, no matter how much I verbally abuse the guy and tell him he fails, he keeps clinging to me like I'm the holy grail to female contact @_@'. I'm seriously going to commit murder one day with that guy around D=.

What is it with some people thinking girls even remotely like that sort of behaviour?! D=.  

XAngelswingsX

3,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Cart Raider 100

hatarakitakunai

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:11 pm
In Japan, the most annoying thing, by far, is the line for the dressing room.

It takes 2 hours standing in the sweltering heat just to get INTO Comiket... then you have to line up for another 2-3 hours to get into the dressing room and change.

It makes it pretty much impossible to cosplay AND shop. You do one or the other... and spend the other half of the day in stinky, sweaty lines trying not to die of heatstroke >.<  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:22 pm
salsababy2889
discodogmakei
You so tottally offended me j/k lol, just joking.

You have some good points, and I tell you what, I know what you meant by the con whores. The last girl I dated was a con whore and I didn't know it till too late!!! So I have to fully agree with you about it.

Yeah, the last guy I dated was and still is a con whore, and after we broke up he was an even bigger whore and decides to flaunt it right in front of me =.=
And it's starting to get to the point where our friends just wanna castrate him for his own good -.-

Just so you know, Salsa, I'm going to punch him right in the genitals if he does that at AB. I'm serious. I don't regret meeting him, because Alex is a sweetie, but I'm so sorry for the s**t he put you through.

Just wait till I get back from AB though. My list of pet peeves should be TREMENDOUS.

The thing I currently hate the most:
Furkin' Con Drama.
Seriously, cons are for fun, not pinning people against each other. It's not fair. I've had entire cons ruined by that kind of stuff. If you don't like someone or have nothing nice to say about someone, DON'T SAY IT. Seriously.

AirborneInfection

salsaplant

GO

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:38 pm
@Airborne:Oh yeah, I <3 Alex to death and the ex has his rare moments where I like him, so I don't regret meeting him either. But eh, totally over him and all the s**t-- Literally, all feelings of attraction are gone thanks to his immature and con-whore ways

Oh yeah, AB is like one of the best and worse cons-- Best because of all the people we see/things to do, worse because all the pet peevs are like in full force X3

CON DRAMA! Omg the past +4 cons have had some sort of con drama and it is no fun! D:<
I like the cons were it's just a few people that i know, that way drama is at a minimum *nodnod*

Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff