Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
What do They Think of You? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:40 am
Heh... My parents think I should grow up... But, I've been slowly converting my dad to watch anime. He's also excited about this one convention I'm going to. But the reason is actually because of some of the Sci Fi actors coming.

In actuality, I have a friend who's mom loves anime! I mean, she went with us to see Astroboy! She has an anime collection of her own! She reads manga online! Heck, she goes with us to conventions!

I do have a funny story.... My mom was waiting for me in the lobby since she forgot the card key to our room. She was talking to this one guy who said, "I never seen so many freaks before!" At that point, I wished I had arrived and gave my mom a hug like I normally do. Would have loved to see that guys face! Nya~

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:04 pm
My mom thinks I'll grow out of it but I know I won't (I'm 22). Most of my friends are into it so they don't have a problem with it. Only one of my friends hates it but I don't care what he thinks. I love my life and myself just the way I am.  

Creepy Kuro Neko

Moonlight Phantom

Little_Bearer_Of_Darkness

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:28 pm
Lol.
I got my whole family into going to conventions, including my grandmother. :'DD
So they're basically okay with my cosplaying habits. :"P
Most of my really close friends are into cosplaying and anime.
My best friend oddly enough is not into any of it. XDD
But continues to go to cons with me for some odd reason. Everyone else in my school (well..except for a lot of the lower class men) is okay with my cosplay obsessions.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:46 am
Hmmm
My mom thinks im insane. .__.
Cosidering everything in my room is anime. shes a little freaked out.

Have you ever been watching an anime and someone keeps asking you whats going on and its kinda hard to explain cause it has to do with something that happened like 20 episodes ago.
Yeah thats what she does -.-

I have non-con friends I try to make cosplay, but..they have no souls.. sad  

Noahs Ark Circus

3,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Noahs Ark Circus

3,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:48 am
Rubai Sora
Heh... My parents think I should grow up... But, I've been slowly converting my dad to watch anime. He's also excited about this one convention I'm going to. But the reason is actually because of some of the Sci Fi actors coming.

In actuality, I have a friend who's mom loves anime! I mean, she went with us to see Astroboy! She has an anime collection of her own! She reads manga online! Heck, she goes with us to conventions!

I do have a funny story.... My mom was waiting for me in the lobby since she forgot the card key to our room. She was talking to this one guy who said, "I never seen so many freaks before!" At that point, I wished I had arrived and gave my mom a hug like I normally do. Would have loved to see that guys face! Nya~

LOL XDDDD
I would have laughed so hard.
I would just have to join you and be like
"Heyyyyyyy!!"  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:07 pm
Lol, honestly, when I told mom about wanting to go to my first convention (ColossalCon) she was actually happy. I'm not the type of person who leaves the house and hangs out with friends on a regular basis. I actually don't leave unless I have class or if I have service on Sundays. >3> Yeah, cause I'm cool like that. So, basically the only time I do hang out with friends and interact with others is when I go to cons. I got my mom into anime anyway so she doesn't mind. My cousins, however, call me a geek for attending cons and cosplaying. rolleyes  

OhNoesItsMiho

Unbeatable Lover

9,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

briana-la

6,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:10 pm
my parents are okay with it and my closest friends like bits of it too. But my studying friends don't understand me. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:34 pm
We're all a little insane.....

At first my mom and dad thought it was a phase I was going through, but anime isn't a phase, it's a way of life! >8D
Anyway, my mom took me and saw how happy I was and how much fun I was having and just accepted it. It took a bit longer for my dad to accept it until I told him this is who I am.
Now for the people who don't know they say I'ma weirdo and that I should try to be normal, BUT THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS NORMAL! XD

....aren't we?

[Psycho~Cookie]

cuvier

Fashionable Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:06 pm
My close friends also cosplay, so it's no big deal. My farther friends, however, do think I'm crazy but hey, I act normal sometimes (they say).
My parents
My mom thinks I'm crazy, spending money on cosplay. But she's getting more okay with it.
My dad thinks I look cool in my costumes.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:30 pm
My friends do it with me or don't ask 8D.

My mother is extreamly unsupportive and dislikes the whole anime crowd due to extreamly judgemental and sterotypical reasons =/

My Father on the otherhand is extreamly supportive me enjoys me cosplay (can't help me make them or anything but he likes to look) he took me to anime north the past few years. He always walks around snapping photos of everyone. After the con we look at all the photos and he asks who each and every character is, if I don't know it I have to look it up. He writes the charaters name on the back and stores them. It's a good time 8D

My brother thinks its weird but I tell him everything about con/ cosplaying anyway xD

cannibalistic watermelon

lilith_loituma

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:32 pm
Mom: She's neutral with me going to the conventions but it's hard to ask her for help on sewing a cosplay. Most of the time she would say that the design is too plain, too white, too black, too detailed, and so on so forth...or cost too much money and time. From there, I stopped asking for her help (T3T)~
Dad: Thinks I need to spend more time studying rather than drawing or spending time and money on the convention (Q_Q)

Brother: Goes to the convention with me~! I need to find him a good cosplay (ow< )b

Friends: I have a variety of friends. Some who are okay, they love anime in a non-crazy way and some who are just plain weird(and like mostly the mainstream animes) to me but I hang out with them anyway (^_^')

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:47 am
My mums doesn't mind at all she says I look really good in costume, and he'll do my hair for me and stuff. Dad thinks I'm some kinda freak dressing up and wasting my money. But then he thinks everything I spend money on is a waste. When he stops shelling out hundreds on model cars that do nothing but gather dust and Joker bobble head dolls, I might consider not watching anime anymore. He grates on my nerves cause he always says stuff like 'aren't you sick of it yet' whenever I watch anime or read manga, he doesn't seem to understand that every show is different from the last one I watched.  

DoktorJackal

Lonely Phantom

11,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100

Losertastic124

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:49 pm
My Mom loves cosplay and all that stuff XD
She really supports me on my journey through the Otaku realm.
She really enjoys all the random dancing, cosplayers, and everything. I love her so much >w<

My Dad thinks it's weird. He's okay with it though. He supports me sewing and getting crafty. The wigs are what usually throw him off (along with the dancing, and con stories XD)

All my friends are nerds. They approve.

Haha, the funny thing is that my teachers approve too.
They always want to see my recent cosplay pictures >w<

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:44 pm
My friends are against me cosplaying cause they dont like it and think their too old for stuff like anime. I don't feel that way cause I enjoy making costumes and working on challenging projects and it also makes you feel alive when your out there in a costume and people are snapping your picture. It makes me really happy so I dont really care much and I've been actively looking for people in my area who are into anime/cosplay to hang with now.

Hell even my co-workers are into it now and it's a total blast to see how much they dig my stuff.  

User_1017918

Kinxed

5,650 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:00 am
Pssssssssshaw. I don't care what anyone thinks about it. I'm gonna go to conventions when I can and I'm gonna cosplay what I want!  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff