Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Crazy Character Convos! [[The Roleplaying Forum]]
Thalassa Filo Poli(Sea Kissed Town) {{NEEDS BAD GUYS!}} Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Literate or Illiterate RP?
  Literate!!
  1LL1t3r@t3!!!!!
View Results

ninjaingaround

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:17 am
User Image

Shen nodded when Chiya spoke of teaching him her language, figuring it would probably be a good thing in the long run. He doubted it would sound exactly like telepathy, since telepathy was interpreted differently by merfolk. They believed that telepathy was an exchange of thoughts and concepts between sentient races, that thought was a universal language in and of itself, easily understood by most races since it subconsciously translated into their own languages. The merman rubbed the back of his neck when Chiya asked about transforming into a human form. He supposed she was half right, since there were some merfolk that could do that, but it wasn't really a universal thing.
For some. Shen telepathically replied.
And even then, it was a feat better achieved by mermaids than by mermen.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:59 am
Chiya furrowed her brow sadly.
It will be difficult for my other friend to also converse with you and so on if you are always in this form. Too bad you can't try.
She sighed and swished her tail in the water, causing very small waves.

Avelyst

Buffy the Edward Slayer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:20 pm
All this time Kaori had been trying to think of a way to communicate with the merman. "Chiya?" she said softly. "I might be able to communicate with him, if you let me try to absorb your ability of mindspeak." It w2ill be a bit weak, probably somewhat broken, but it might work. The only thing is it w2ill leave us both feelingf a bit drained. Also, if I am to mindspeak effectively, I will probably lose a few other weaker ones..." she said dissappointedly. "But I will learn them again if I need them. Anyway, what do you think?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:22 pm
User Image

Shen shrugged at Chiya's response.
I haven't figured out how to go about changing forms yet. He telepathically replied. But that doesn't mean I cannot speak while in this form.
The merman felt a need to correct the mild misconception she seemed to be having about him. If anything, the only hindrance that staying in his true form would cause would be the inability to leave the water for very long. Shen could sit on the edge, or something like that, but he couldn't move very well on land.

ninjaingaround

Avelyst

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:40 pm
Chiya listened to Kaori and then Shen. She felt uncomfortable letting anyone tamper with her ability and she hated the feeling of being vulnerable. She smiled at what Shen said and somehow knew that the smile would look breath-taking to a normal human.
I understand. she said to the merman, I don't know, Kaori. Let me ask him for a moment.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:47 pm
"Alright. Don't feel like you have to. I know it kinda creeps me when your in my mind. So don't think it's a biggie if you don't w2ant to." Kaori said calmly.

Buffy the Edward Slayer

ninjaingaround

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:20 pm
User Image

Shen ducked back under the water while Chiya and Kaori seemed to converse, having grown uncomfortable with the increased dryness on his head. To him, it had the same level of discomfort as wearing a pair of sneakers that have been completely soaked through with rainwater had for a land dweller. The merman poked his head out of the water after a few moments had passed by, waiting for someone to address him again.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:27 pm
Chiya watched Shen curiously. She certainly understood the uncomfort of being dry in this form. She also felt it, but ignored it. Chiya narrowed her eyes at him, examining his expression.
Do you...do you mind if I ask you something?
She swam backwards a little and felt for land. Once she reached it, she pulled herself up and sat on it, leaving the lower part of her tail in the water. She watched him intently.

Avelyst

Buffy the Edward Slayer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:45 pm
{{brb in a few guys. gotta shower and eat.}}  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:51 pm
User Image

Shen angled his head to the side when Chiya narrowed her eyes before asking him something.
What is it? He asked of her telepathically.
The merman didn't quite understand the allure of sitting on land, but he supposed that was because he'd lived underwater his whole life. He wouldn't judge her on that, it wasn't correct to do so.

(( @ Vampy: Okey-dokey. ))  

ninjaingaround

Avelyst

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:56 pm
Chiya watched him for a moment, assessing his expression.
Where do you come from? Like an underwater kingdom or something? If so, then what brought you to the surface?
She stopped and smiled at herself. That wasn't quite 'a' question. She hoped that she hadn't overwhelmed him at all with her curiousity.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:02 pm
User Image

Shen was perfectly fine with Chiya's barrage of questions, figuring that he'd do the same thing if in her position. Curiosity was, after all, in his nature.
It isn't exactly a kingdom, but it is a large community that I come from. The merman telepathically replied. I left because I was of age to do so. The surface, well I didn't actually intend to get so close to it. I was investigating a new reef in shallow water when the surf caught hold of me and brought me to the shore.
He figured that was a good enough explanation. Shen hadn't, after all, actually made an effort to get so close. Well, not that close.

ninjaingaround

Avelyst

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:13 pm
Chiya listened thoughtfully, her mood completely replaced by eagerness to learn about his species.
So, do you reproduce by regeneration, assexually, or are you all just immortal? Or, perhaps, do you turn humans into merpeople like vampires do by biting? Do you live only near here or all over the world? she paused, taking a breath, I am sorry. I'm just so curious why I haven't heard more about your kind.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:28 pm
{{Backeypoo guys =)}}

{{EDIT: btw evil_maiden quit like she always does.}}  

Buffy the Edward Slayer

ninjaingaround

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:57 pm
User Image

Shen found himself confused, taken aback and maybe even a little horrified at the direction that Chiya's questions had taken. How did society turn into reproduction? It took the merman a few moments to recover from the shock before actually replying.
You haven't heard much about my kind because we take measures to keep contact with the surface world at a minimum. He said telepathically. Merfolk are just long-lived and widespread, we can be found in all the oceans and seas.
Shen paused for a few moments, a little reluctant to answer the reproduction question. It wasn't that it bothered him too much, only that it was awkward to explain.
To reproduce...a merman and a mermaid have to...y'know...be in love...and....do that sort of stuff... The merman answered, sort of trailing off as he spoke.
He really hoped that land dwellers had a similar means of reproduction.

(( Oh really? I hope she didn't think we were ignoring her. ))  
Crazy Character Convos! [[The Roleplaying Forum]]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff