Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply It's A Girl Thing!
About being pro-life or pro-choice... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Now, are you pro-life or pro-choice?
  Pro-life [if so, I want to see what happens if you get impregnated as a result of rape]
  Pro-choice [I agree.]
View Results

shall she sail seas

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:37 pm
I voted pro-choice, but that is only for myself. I mean, I'd personally would like to have the option of choosing to abort or not.

As for what I would PRESCRIBE to other people, it's too hard for me to make a clear decision on my thoughts at this point simply because I've never given birth, had an abortion or suffered a miscarriage. Such experiences are too personal and too varied.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:42 am
Late response, but terrible arguments make me rage.

broken_bleeding_angel
Azusanga
Rei Uchikino
broken_bleeding_angel
Half the time those babies end up in foster homes where they're abused and treated poorly. (1)

And that fact makes me rather sad. Another reason why I'd never put a child up for adoption.

That, and they're bouncing from home to home until someone 'wants them'. (2)

Which doesn't usually happen for the older ones after they age past 8. (3)

1.) There are two things wrong with this argument:
- Argument from potential. The fetus could end up abused in a foster home. It also could grow up to cure cancer. The fact that it's a potential anything is completely irrelevant for the exact same reason that I, as a potential 21-year-old, can't drink. And honestly, the pro-life side using arguments from potential makes me angry, and I've never been a fan of double-standards.
- So we've got a four-year-old kid who's being abused in a foster home. Considering your argument is basically 'it's okay to kill the fetus if it might have a bad life', then logically we should kill the four-year-old because this kid does have a bad life. If this isn't something you agree with, then you really need to explain why it's okay to kill a fetus due to it's potential future but not a living person due to their present situation.

2.) If it's a healthy white newborn - and that's somewhere around a third of all abortions right there - that's not true. Other babies might get bounced around in foster homes (and how likely that is varies, as people in general want to adopt babies), but a good portion of these babies are wanted to the point that, if they had enough intelligence to do so, could pick from possible parents.

Also, see my previous comment about arguments from potential.

3.) See comment two. It's true that, around age eight, a kid is more likely to remain in the system than get adopted. That said, no healthy white babies will stay in the system for very long, and babies in general are pretty likely to be adopted. The fact that older kids are very unlikely to be adopted has very little weight in regards to abortion; the kids being added to the system if people chose adoption are often kids that would get homes.

Rethink your arguments, guys. I can make better arguments for the side I disagree with than you can for the side you support.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Lunar Okami Rose

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:50 am
I'm pro choice. I cant stand pro life protesters. I'm on a break from work and i walk to the shops and all i get are pro life campaigns. I even raised the point of what if a girl was pregnant; and what did they say:

"It doesn't matter. You should still never have an abortion"

I'd like to see them get raped and then see how it feels.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:00 am
The Hunter Princess
I'm pro choice. I cant stand pro life protesters. I'm on a break from work and i walk to the shops and all i get are pro life campaigns. I even raised the point of what if a girl was pregnant; and what did they say:

"It doesn't matter. You should still never have an abortion"

I'd like to see them get raped and then see how it feels.

I agree.  

Matron Mord Sith

Matron Mord Sith

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:15 am
Zephyrkitty
Late response, but terrible arguments make me rage.

broken_bleeding_angel
Azusanga
Rei Uchikino
broken_bleeding_angel
Half the time those babies end up in foster homes where they're abused and treated poorly. (1)

And that fact makes me rather sad. Another reason why I'd never put a child up for adoption.

That, and they're bouncing from home to home until someone 'wants them'. (2)

Which doesn't usually happen for the older ones after they age past 8. (3)

1.) There are two things wrong with this argument:
- Argument from potential. The fetus could end up abused in a foster home. It also could grow up to cure cancer. The fact that it's a potential anything is completely irrelevant for the exact same reason that I, as a potential 21-year-old, can't drink. And honestly, the pro-life side using arguments from potential makes me angry, and I've never been a fan of double-standards.
- So we've got a four-year-old kid who's being abused in a foster home. Considering your argument is basically 'it's okay to kill the fetus if it might have a bad life', then logically we should kill the four-year-old because this kid does have a bad life. If this isn't something you agree with, then you really need to explain why it's okay to kill a fetus due to it's potential future but not a living person due to their present situation.

2.) If it's a healthy white newborn - and that's somewhere around a third of all abortions right there - that's not true. Other babies might get bounced around in foster homes (and how likely that is varies, as people in general want to adopt babies), but a good portion of these babies are wanted to the point that, if they had enough intelligence to do so, could pick from possible parents.

Also, see my previous comment about arguments from potential.

3.) See comment two. It's true that, around age eight, a kid is more likely to remain in the system than get adopted. That said, no healthy white babies will stay in the system for very long, and babies in general are pretty likely to be adopted. The fact that older kids are very unlikely to be adopted has very little weight in regards to abortion; the kids being added to the system if people chose adoption are often kids that would get homes.

Rethink your arguments, guys. I can make better arguments for the side I disagree with than you can for the side you support.

Regarding argument 1 about killing a fetus that just might have a bad life. It is okay to kill it if the circumstances aren't good. If I got pregnant now, I have no means to support it. I don't want the kid growing up living off the welfare system. I won't be able to provide everything that a child needs to have a good life. Its my own personal opinion that it would be the right thing to abort it. No, I won't give it up for adoption because 1. I'm not suffering through a pregnancy over a kid I'm not even going to get to keep. 2. I'm very vain and I'm not going to ruin my perfect figure over a kid that I'm not going to keep.

I'm not against your opinion seeing how everyone is entitled to have one.

As for the whole adoption thing, I kinda agree with you on that. My mother was adopted and she bounced around before finding a stable home. She had a good childhood for the most part, but was treated differently because she wasn't related by blood. The best way to describe it, she wasn't "loved" as much as the blood related children. They kinda treated her like a burden. Even still to this day my mother always has these feelings of being unloved and unwanted. I'm not really debating anything here. I just wanted to share my mother's story and experience with being an adopted child.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:13 am
broken_bleeding_angel
joe_is_my_hubby
Lieutenant Shotgun
there are people saying they're pro-life, but it's fine to get an abortion if you were raped or something.

THAT MAKES YOU PRO-CHOICE.

PRO-LIFE MEANS NO ABORTION. PERIOD. YOU DO NOT GIVE A ******** IF THE GIRL WAS RAPED. THEY HAVE TO GO THROUGH EXCRUCIATING LABOR BECAUSE YOU'RE PRO-LIFE AND YOU SAY SO.

Get that in your head.

EVERYONE IS PRO-CHOICE UNLESS YOU ANT TO MAKE SOME GIRL GO THROUGH ALL NINE MONTHS WITH SOME STRANGER'S SEED GROWING INSIDE OF HER AND MAKE HER GIVE BIRTH TO IT.

kthxbai

I am PROLIFE, but that is because another human being should not have to suffer for another person's stupid choice. RAPE is bad, but that does not mean that you have to kill a baby. There are other options, like adoption. I care that person was RAPED but they should not have an abortion.

So it's ok for her to suffer 9 months of carrying some b*****d's child? That's like saying, "Oh no, don't worry. Rape isn't all that bad, at least you get a baby that's really only half yours. Oh and don't worry about the STD's you could possibly have. It's all good because you have that glob growing in you. It doesn't matter that some strange guy came up and grabbed you, forced you down and raped the living s**t out of you. At least you weren't stabbed." *Smiles*

SERIOUSLY?! D:<
YOU ******** PEOPLE MAKE ME RAGE!!!!!!!

I NEVER SAID THAT IT DIDN'T MATTER!!!!! I SAID THAT I DO CARE THAT PERSON WAS RAPED!!!! I just don't think that you should have an abortion. You will have to suffer from the pain of the abortion and the emotional stress from it. SO either way you are going to suffer.  

Shuh-duh-fuh-cup

8,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Ofelia1802

600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:15 am
im pro Life.

if i was raped its not the babies falut the baby shouldent lose its life over something some stupid man did

its the man who raped you who should die.
i think if you get raped or cant care for the child you should give it up for adoption
im all for adoption biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:16 pm
joe_is_my_hubby
broken_bleeding_angel
joe_is_my_hubby
Lieutenant Shotgun
there are people saying they're pro-life, but it's fine to get an abortion if you were raped or something.

PRO-LIFE MEANS NO ABORTION. PERIOD. YOU DO NOT GIVE A ******** IF THE GIRL WAS RAPED. THEY HAVE TO GO THROUGH EXCRUCIATING LABOR BECAUSE YOU'RE PRO-LIFE AND YOU SAY SO.

Get that in your head.

EVERYONE IS PRO-CHOICE UNLESS YOU ANT TO MAKE SOME GIRL GO THROUGH ALL NINE MONTHS WITH SOME STRANGER'S SEED GROWING INSIDE OF HER AND MAKE HER GIVE BIRTH TO IT.

kthxbai

I am PROLIFE, but that is because another human being should not have to suffer for another person's stupid choice. RAPE is bad, but that does not mean that you have to kill a baby. There are other options, like adoption. I care that person was RAPED but they should not have an abortion.

So it's ok for her to suffer 9 months of carrying some b*****d's child? That's like saying, "Oh no, don't worry. Rape isn't all that bad, at least you get a baby that's really only half yours. Oh and don't worry about the STD's you could possibly have. It's all good because you have that glob growing in you. It doesn't matter that some strange guy came up and grabbed you, forced you down and raped the living s**t out of you. At least you weren't stabbed." *Smiles*

I NEVER SAID THAT IT DIDN'T MATTER!!!!! I SAID THAT I DO CARE THAT PERSON WAS RAPED!!!! I just don't think that you should have an abortion. You will have to suffer from the pain of the abortion and the emotional stress from it. SO either way you are going to suffer.

I'd rather an abortion over a 9 month pregnancy and the painful process of giving birth k thanks. Plus I don't want to ruin my perfect figure over some brat that I'm not even going to keep.  

Matron Mord Sith

Shuh-duh-fuh-cup

8,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:22 pm
I am your Mord Sith
joe_is_my_hubby
broken_bleeding_angel
joe_is_my_hubby
Lieutenant Shotgun

Get that in your head.

kthxbai

I'd rather an abortion over a 9 month pregnancy and the painful process of giving birth k thanks. Plus I don't want to ruin my perfect figure over some brat that I'm not even going to keep.

So you would kill an innocent being that has done nothing to you because you don't want to ruin your figure? That is selfish. My mom has had 11 kids and she has an hour glass shape.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:30 pm
joe_is_my_hubby
I am your Mord Sith
joe_is_my_hubby
broken_bleeding_angel
joe_is_my_hubby
Lieutenant Shotgun

Get that in your head.

kthxbai

So you would kill an innocent being that has done nothing to you because you don't want to ruin your figure? That is selfish. My mom has had 11 kids and she has an hour glass shape.

Yeah, and its selfish of you for thinking that a girl should have a kid that she doesn't even want. Rape is punishment enough and it would be cruel to make her have that bastards kid.

Call me selfish, call me a monster. I have no morals and I really don't care about what you think of me. I'm pro choice and if I get knocked up before I want to, you can bet your sweet a** that I'm going to abort the little ********. Thats my opinion and I'm sticking to it.  

Matron Mord Sith

Shuh-duh-fuh-cup

8,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:34 pm
I am your Mord Sith
joe_is_my_hubby
I am your Mord Sith
joe_is_my_hubby
broken_bleeding_angel

Yeah, and its selfish of you for thinking that a girl should have a kid that she doesn't even want. Rape is punishment enough and it would be cruel to make her have that bastards kid.

Call me selfish, call me a monster. I have no morals and I really don't care about what you think of me. I'm pro choice and if I get knocked up before I want to, you can bet your sweet a** that I'm going to abort the little ********. Thats my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

It's not selfish thinking a girl should have a kid they don't want. It's the right thing to do. Abortion is Murder. That is my opinion.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:46 pm
joe_is_my_hubby
broken_bleeding_angel
joe_is_my_hubby
Lieutenant Shotgun

Get that in your head.

kthxbai

I won't suffer at all from having an abortion. I wouldn't even think twice about it. So don't speak for everyone just because you'd feel bad for having an abortion. You don't know how we all would feel about it.
I would, however, suffer from the guilt of giving my own flesh and blood away. I don't care if the kid was a product of rape, I would never forgive myself for abandoning my own child. Simply having a child from my rapist would cause me to suffer, let alone giving it away. I would prefer the abortion to prevent myself from suicide, thanks.  

Rei Uchikino

Shuh-duh-fuh-cup

8,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:49 pm
Rei Uchikino
joe_is_my_hubby
broken_bleeding_angel
joe_is_my_hubby
Lieutenant Shotgun

Get that in your head.

kthxbai

I won't suffer at all from having an abortion. I wouldn't even think twice about it. So don't speak for everyone just because you'd feel bad for having an abortion. You don't know how we all would feel about it.
I would, however, suffer from the guilt of giving my own flesh and blood away. I don't care if the kid was a product of rape, I would never forgive myself for abandoning my own child. Simply having a child from my rapist would cause me to suffer, let alone giving it away. I would prefer the abortion to prevent myself from suicide, thanks.

That is what I meant by suffer. I meant emotionaly. I did not say all. MOST women who have abortions suffer emotional trauma, and some medical issues. Like not being able to have kids later.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:54 pm
joe_is_my_hubby
I am your Mord Sith
joe_is_my_hubby
I am your Mord Sith
joe_is_my_hubby
broken_bleeding_angel

It's not selfish thinking a girl should have a kid they don't want. It's the right thing to do. Abortion is Murder. That is my opinion.

No, no its not. Science proves it. Forcing anyone to do anything against their will is wrong, but I'll let you have your opinions.  

Matron Mord Sith

Rei Uchikino

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:54 pm
joe_is_my_hubby
Rei Uchikino
joe_is_my_hubby
broken_bleeding_angel
joe_is_my_hubby
Lieutenant Shotgun

Get that in your head.

kthxbai

That is what I meant by suffer. I meant emotionaly. I did not say all. MOST women who have abortions suffer emotional trauma, and some medical issues. Like not being able to have kids later.

I know what you meant. And once again your speaking for other women. How do you know how MOST women will feel after getting an abortion. Show me proof or stop putting words in other people's mouths. Because you don't know MOST of the women in the world.

And the not being able to have kids thing depends on how professional your doctor is, how early into the pregnancy you get the abortion, and how many times you've already had an abortion. If you get one abortion after being raped, and that be the only abortion you ever have, it won't cause you to never be able to have kids.  
It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff