Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 13. ✿ - - - Animals And Nature
What do you do when you see an insect in your house? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sweetveil

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:50 am
Depends on wether or not it bites. If it doesn't, I just let it be or let my dog get it.

But if it bites...I KILL THE DAMN THING!!!!!

One time I found a black widow outside my house and I freaking MUTILATED that thing. I took my shoe, stomped on it, then grinded it, and then...well I just made sure it was dead.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:37 am
User Image

I find my little brother and make him kill it. I don't care if he's asleep or at his friend's house, he's killing any spider I see. He loves doing it, too...he's 13 now and ever since he hit puberty he's loved any chance to feel grown up.

The Original Jbird

5,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150

sl4ughtermelon

Bashful Gekko

6,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:10 pm
Actually, i love insects. if i find a spider or something in my room, i get it up with some paper and look at it for a couple minutes, and then i open the window and let him outside :3

i've had lots of pet insects...my favorites to have are praying mantis. they are actually wonderful pets , and even better for a garden. if you have a garden, i would highly recommend getting a couple mantis in it, they eat pests and will help um... "fertilize" the soil lol.

HOWEVER... D: i am deathly afraid of those little silverfish things :S they creep me out SO bad its not even funny D: and i end up squishing them. but....when i squish them.. i feel absolutely HORRIBLE that i killed something sad  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:25 pm
I usually scream for my dad while yelling at my cat for not doing it's job..lmao
o 3o

thespeckledfreckle

Fashionable Streaker

7,100 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Clambake 200
  • Profitable 100

Femme Autobot Crescendo

Proxy Werewolf

12,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:34 pm
Depends on the invertebrate...

Fleas, flies, gnats..those sort, I hate them with a burning passion. Oh, and cockroaches. And Junebugs.

Cicadas, I don't have too much trouble with. They're freaky, but they never get in the house unless a cat brings them in.

If we're talking arthropods, I hardly ever squish spiders. I usually scoop them up and dump them outside. They're good at eating insects.

I haven't seen a mantis in a long time, but I'm absolutely spellbound by them.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:19 pm
No matter what type of insect I almost always attempt to capture them and put them back outside or just leave them alone. Very rarely do I kill insects. The only exceptions are fleas. I always kill those because they cause my cat so much trouble. I even leave the spiders alone because the will eat the other insects that can be troublesome such as mosquitos. Unfortunately I can't save them all and my cat tends to kill quite a few of them. Moths are her usual victims.  

Littlest Irken

Heart Consumer

14,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Cheondumb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:52 pm
im an insectiphobic so i go apesh!t when i see a bug and try and get rid of it no matter what gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:58 pm

Ignore it. I'll probably see another one within the next five minutes anyway.
Before I gave up on killing the bugs though, I would scream and smush the roaches with a shoe, and for fleas I would just pick them off of myself and break them in half.

With spiders though, I scream and tell my mom or sister to get it xD

Ramcee

Premium Grabber

Muted_Nightingale

8,400 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:46 pm
If it's just a moth, a house fly, lady bug or other little cute things, I leave it. Mosquito, spider, I get my mom or my dad to kill. (I am terrified of spiders)  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:57 pm
I catch it and release it outside, especially spiders they're nature's pest control.  

Noyka

Jao Feng

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:43 pm
I smash ants with a house slipper; I catch and submerge flies into water and freeze them then feed them to my cat, harvestman I let be, any other spider, I give to my sister. Other insects I stomp; butterflies I either eat or pin to the wall, dragonflies I kill, and ladybugs Iet be  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:23 am
if it looks like something i don't like, i kill it
but i really love spiders, in fact i keep some spiders in my back yard  

Eyebatches

Hopeless Sweetheart

Liisukas

Invisible Raccoon

48,675 Points
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:15 am
Mostly I try to capture them...and then let them out...
But it really depends on what kind of an insect it is... xp ...not everyone gets a chance to live ;D
Haha, but any bug would feel safer in my room than outside xD ...our dog plays with everything that moves xD... She plays with grasshoppers, bees... all that she can catch xD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:46 pm
I'm allergic to wasps so as soon as I see one I find something to kill it with before it gets the chance to sting me.
I HATE flies so they too must die.
Slaters/woodlouse/whatever are ok but if they come too close I have to squish them. If they keep their distance, I leave them alone.
I love spiders; mostly because they keep the fly population down. I'm usually the one my sisters shout at when they want a spider removed from their rooms.
Any other insect is usually caught in a jar and put back outside.  

Kat_Night_613

Ramiele

Sparkly Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:38 pm
Spiders I kill. Sometimes I freak out depending on the size though D: Bees, wasps/anything with a stinger, I run. D;  
13. ✿ - - - Animals And Nature

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff