Yes!
  No...
  Poll Whore Option
View Results

TemperamentalGoddess

Shadowy Lover

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:24 pm
LacrymosaVampiress22
this is an awesome topic. before i started taking these shots i use to get really bad cramps. the worse was once every summer. it felt llike i was dying and i got sick too razz .
now with the shots the cramps arent there except for like some days within the 3 months.

anywho im totally dying and i want to know what kinda food do you eat to make it less hurtful. i took some medicine earlier but it was a low dose. i should had took a higher dose crying

Have you tried applying either heat or cold to the area?
A lot of girls find that this helps a lot, and also a higer dosage as well.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:29 pm
I had my first period two days ago, and this thread has really helped! It put my mind at ease, too.
I bought a book on periods and puberty, and a suggested way of relieving pain is hugging a hot water bottle... Mine's heart shaped. heart

Fille aux Cheveux de Lin

Amitia

Adventuring Dragon

17,325 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:07 am
I would like to declare to all girls that EVERYONE SHOULD USE A MENSTRUAL CUP!

Honestly, it's the best invention there is! >8O
I'm disappointed with how little information is given out about them, everyone kind of assumes that pads and tampons are the only options - or you might have heard about menstrual cups, but have never tried one and don't know anyone who has one.
Now, the following paragraphs might sound like a salestalk, but honestly, bear with me and try it out, it's worth it.
Or if you absolutely don't want to waste your time, scroll down and read the TL;DR section. x'D

First of all, the average woman will use 16,800 pads or tampons in her lifetime. Think about how much money you will spend on them! D; You have to keep buying them every single month!
Secondly, think about what waste that is! D; 16,800 pads/tampons per woman at every dump pit. More and more keep coming all the time. You don't need to be a nature freak to realize that this is a major environmental problem.
Thirdly, it's bad for the hygiene. Tampons might cause toxic shock syndrome, and both tampons and pads might dry up your v****a a bit, possibly leading to yeast infection.

Now, there is an alternative to normal pads and tampons. You could use ecological cloth pads which you wash after every use - although I've heard that they smell quite terrible, and good ones are quite expensive. Another alternative is the menstrual cup, for example Mooncup, which I'm using. You should most certainly look it up. Mooncup lasts for 3-5 years, so you're definitely saving money in the long run when you buy one. AND you'll never have to be all embarrassed at the store when a male salesclerk can't find a price tag on that pad package, or your period starts during a vacation and you have to try and find tampons in a strange place. AND Mooncup is good for the environment, as it saves you from using all those pads and tampons which will end up in the trash and pile up in the dump pits.
AND it's very good for the hygiene! Mooncups are made of hygienic material that doesn't collect bacteria, and you won't risk getting toxic shock syndrome. It won't make your v****a dry, either. AND you can use it during sports and while sleeping! You can't use pads while swimming, and tampons are a little inconvenient as well, but Mooncups are perfect for swimming.
AND the best part is that you won't even feel you have one on, and it's completely unnoticeable also outside of your body. You could wear a really tight outfit and no one would notice that you're on your period, unlike with pads.
All you have to do is keep it on during your period, empty it every now and then and wash it with soap every time you take it out. Nice and easy! Good instructions come with the package.

TL;DR version:
Switch to menstrual cups, they last for 3-5 years! You'll save money AND environment, and protect your health (from toxic shock syndrome and yeast infection). They can be used during sports AND sleep as well, and they're easy to use.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:16 am
I myself aren't comfortable using cups. Or tampons for that matter.
I think it's a comfort thing for most girls.

They are a wonderful invention though.  

Faebella

Tipsy Fairy

Amitia

Adventuring Dragon

17,325 Points
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:41 am
They are. x3
As for the comfort, there are two sizes, and the smaller size can also be used by virgins, so it shouldn't feel too uncomfortable. I understand that discomfort though, using the cup for the first time might be a little weird. For me it felt uncomfortable first and I had problems putting it on. After all, it's an odd little cup. o.o
But the second time I used it I already fell in love with it, and now I can't imagine using anything else. :3
Just wanted to share my love with the other girls. x'D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:24 am
I was going through IAGT and saw this....it's odd, because im on mine right now. O_o  

Em is asylum

5,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Signature Look 250

Faebella

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:50 am
as am i.
blaugh  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:08 am
Me too! : D I happened to see the thread on my first day of period and was instantly inspired to share the wonderfulness of a menstrual cup, lawl. x'D
Maybe this is a magical thread that shows best to the girls that are on their period! O:
Okay sorry I'm tired. x'DD

Amitia

Adventuring Dragon

17,325 Points
  • Megathread 100

Aularen has quit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:37 pm
I just heard about menstrual cups recently, and I'm still not really sure how they work. I just keep picturing a shotglass type cup that you shove up your v****a. .-. Of course, I've probably got it all wrong. So how do you get them to...stick? And how would you know if one's not overflowing or anything?
Also, can you get them at places like Walmart?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:01 pm
I'm a little concerned! I'm 14, i got my first period last year in September, and i haven't had a period since November last year... could this be because i have only have my period a few times?? I asked my mum she said that it would be the reason, but i am still concerned. Any reasons??

M i n i R e d S t a r s

lovely_sidney

Sweet Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:24 pm
I desperately need ways to relieve cramps and back pain (wish I didn't get them on both sides @.@), thanks for posting this!
I have tried most of the things that you and others listed, but I didn't get very promising results...
I have yet to try the warm bath...haven't really had time lately.

And does anyone else have SUPER irregular periods?
I've gone for 6 months without one before...other skips lasted 4, 3, and 2 months. And then I had two periods in a single month before... I'm hardly every regular...and the bleeding usually is 7-14 days neutral
(Btw, I started having periods about 3 years ago, so you'd think I'd be more regular by now)

Just wondering if anyone else was pretty irregular. It's pretty inconvenient since I really have no idea of when it's coming until it's too late...it always seems to come when I'm at school or away from home where the restrooms don't have feminine supplies D:<

PS- I went to the gynecologist to see if there was something wrong with my irregularity, but they said there was nothing wrong with me. O.o  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:25 pm
Dodogal-Hannah
I'm a little concerned! I'm 14, i got my first period last year in September, and i haven't had a period since November last year... could this be because i have only have my period a few times?? I asked my mum she said that it would be the reason, but i am still concerned. Any reasons??
You might just be supper irregular like me (went half a year without one), but you might want to visit the gynecologist just in case.  

lovely_sidney

Sweet Sex Symbol

M i n i R e d S t a r s

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:37 pm
lovely_sidney
Dodogal-Hannah
You might just be supper irregular like me (went half a year without one), but you might want to visit the gynecologist just in case.

It's all good now, i got it again 2 days ago... it was just because i had only had it like 3 times before. But thanks anyway smile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:05 pm
Dodogal-Hannah
It's all good now, i got it again 2 days ago... it was just because i had only had it like 3 times before. But thanks anyway smile
ah, i see. well that's good ^^  

lovely_sidney

Sweet Sex Symbol

M i n i R e d S t a r s

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:49 pm
I have a question, this isn't something that has happened to me but my friend is courious to know why this is happening...

Is it normal to get less 'flow' if you loss weight??

22. ✿ - - - Health And Exercise

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff