Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply -------- Cosplayers
Do you cosplay in character? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How in character are you when you cosplay?
Not at all
6%
 6%  [ 9 ]
I'm only in character for skits
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Sometimes, it's fun :D
67%
 67%  [ 90 ]
Character? I predict a 99% probability that I am L. :|
24%
 24%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 134

ResidentCelery

8,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:06 am
I cosplay in character what most people generally do. Hang with friends, you might go into 'character mode' for a little. Or when someone comes up and talks to you because of your cosplay.

I walk around (when I remember or am not tired) like my character does. And people come up to me and say certain things and I try to stay in character. I do a decent job.

But there are some moments you just can't get on film...

For me, I had this moment and I SOOOO wish I had it on film.

I cosplay Cookie Monster. Yes, cosplay is 'costume playing' so it counts. I was at a con and was in line to see the masquerade/cabaret. I BY COMPLETE COINCIDENCE.... was seated next to a POCKY cosplayer. Completely serious. I turned and said hi and got a response... Then there was quiet until I said "Pocky... like a cookie stick... right?" ANYONE who heard around us just LAUGHED! I said out loud that it was coincidence since we didn't know each other so people knew JUST HOW FUNNY it was.

Then we took them partly off so people behind us could see. But MAN, what are the chances? xD Didn't see him after that. There was no way I wasn't going to be in character for that. I could have just said "You're pocky... i'm cookie monster... This is hilarious."  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:29 am
It's often hard for me to get into character for a few reasons 1) I'm not quite as comfortable with it and 2)I tend to go as characters I'm not completely familiar with.

I know that you should do your research, but I tend to get pulled into group cosplays (last minute) where my friends are begging me to help them out and be a certain person... usually a guy. Then I end up spending so much time on making the costume, I don't have much time to do anything but pack before I leave for the con. For Otakon last year, I was litterally drilling holes in my prop the night before I left.  

Son Goshi-kun

Distinct Hunter

ninja-Lx

Thieving Rogue

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:14 am
Well for me it depends on whether the Fangirls are around or not. I playoff my Marluxia with two styles; 1. Supper Homo for the Fangirls, and 2. the way he is Scripted in Re:COM. But any other characters I get into character for to a T. I tend to get into each character for an entire day about a week before the convention or event.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:45 pm
i like to act like the character im cosplaying but i know my limits.

for example when i cosplay gir i tend to be more free and less caring about keeping a certian appearance.
when i cosplay chell i tend to have a more calm and collected look.

i always remember that i am not the character i am cosplaying so i dont have to be just like them but its always better to act for the fans smile  

MomoShino

Dainty Plague

lilith_loituma

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:08 pm
It's fun to be in character if it's for a small skit or something similar, but to do that for the a long period of time would be exhausting >_>' Sometimes it's a bit of a turn off when seeing others be in character to the extreme (extra, if they're being obnoxious with it, imo...). Other than that, I think it's part of the fun in the conventions c:  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:26 pm
I enjoy cosplaying in character but I know my limits  

Alice Allusion

Ice-Cold Bloodsucker

19,890 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Elocutionist 200

TigerLilyChick

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:42 pm
I only cosplayed once, and it wasn't in character. How can you be in character if the character you're cosplaying as replaced the right hand of her love interest?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:27 pm
I don't cosplay quite yet, still working on it, but I would cosplay in character probably half of the time or more xD It wouldn't be as fun just to wear the costume!  

ZakuraWolfe

Original Humorist

14,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200

The Lone Wolf Jedi

3,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:45 am
I try to be in character when I cosplay but sometimes when I do people think I'm a nerd  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:56 pm
One of my first Cosplays was Spock from Star Trek. Since he is my favorite character on the show it was easy to be in character. After a while though I had to stop being in character because I was getting annoying. Recently I Cosplayed Syaoran from Tsubasa Chronicles. I want to be in character with this Cosplay too but it's harder because I'm still learning about the character. By the next convention I may give it a try. I noticed that a lot of people are not in character unless they are in either a skit or a photoshoot.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Pearl Nova

Business Fairy

19,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:52 pm
I mainly act in character around my friends or at gatherings.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:37 am
I haven't had the chance to act IC but I would love to. Maybe with some friends or around fans. MC aren't really main characters sometimes and people don't catch on to who I am.

KagonaX

Beloved Nymph

8,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100

Catsz

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:07 am
umm.. i'm not entirely always act in a character though as such i always get super excited and easily get lost in a convention (most of the time, i run here and there and always separated from my groups) but people always thought that im already act in a character. for example, 5 years ago (1st time cosplaying), i cosplay as honey-senpai from Ouran High for the first time and i got carried away with some awesome stuff (only during the convention that we'll find some rare items right?) and people always said that i am already act in the character.. (too many convention so, i just jump to the last end-of-the-year convention) and last year, i cosplay as ciel from kuroshitsuji, there's too many people so, i easily gets dizzy and kind of lost (yet again) and people thinks i am already into the characters again.. coincidence? (maybe) but hey, i do enjoy it though.. i only into the character(?) when people wants to take pictures or when doing some performances.. teehee~ :3 other than, im just being me! biggrin 4laugh  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:53 am
Well, I'm working on getting my stuff together to make a Gir cosplay, and it'll be pretty easy to be IC for him.

I am also planning on making a Colette Brunel, and since I pretty much am her, it'll be easy. I'm clumsy, I apologize for things even when it isn't my fault, and I can be pretty ditzy sometimes. I think I got her character covered lol. The hardest part of that costume will be the Cruxis Crystal.

But I've never actually cosplayed before.

Tantarian

-------- Cosplayers

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces