Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Searching for an active 3.5 campaign Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:06 pm
Seiryna
Keith Valken Lionheart
Seiryna
Keith Valken Lionheart
Seiryna
Keith Valken Lionheart

It might be good for character fluff and flavor, but it also encourages minmaxing mentality. Why should I make an orc wizard when I could make an elf wizard? What makes Orcs not as intelligent as elves? At least in 4th you can make a viable wizardly orc, and give him an 8 or 10 in a stat, which could be use as flavor.

Also, aren't there Orc wizards in the MM books?

to be different. why shouldn't you make an Orc wizard? everyone can make/play an elf wizard. but how many people play an Orc wizard? and what makes them less intelligent is how they're brought up. they're a barbaric primitive race who would rather fight each other, then learn something, where elves would rather learn something then fight. so an Orc wizard would be fighting against natural instincts, and stigma.
also the difference between an elf and an orc is a saving throw of only +2 in favor of the elf, which isn't really all that much, specially at higher levels. and lets take in to account that most direct damage spells don't allow for saves, or reflex save for half. but that's just my thoughts XD personally I'd never play one, just cause Orcs are ugly >=/

I'll stick to my Felid and Aasimar characters. XD
and the occasional elf...

as for the MM it says Orc Spellcasters prefer adept classes and clerics, and pick spells that deal direct damage.

Keith Valken Lionheart

It also affects the spells you can cast at a certain level, as in, with Int 11 you can cast level 1 Spells, Int 2 level 2, etc.

unless you're one of those people that take a 10 in every stat cause they think it's cool, this wont be a problem.

Keith Valken Lionheart

But yeah, you're right. Though he won't be as useful in combat, and he might or might not be useful outside combat.

not even gonna wast my time with this one -.-'

Keith Valken Lionheart

And have you seen the orcs in 4th? I have a mancrush on the orc in the pic.

wth is with guys and having a thing for Orcs ><
My Cleric.
My Rogue.
Orcs will never be as cute as either one of those chars. >=/
While those characters are cute and all, they're not as outright sexy as these.

Those are also Half orcs =p not Full Orcs >.>
I know, I just call them Orcs for the simplicity of it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:17 pm
eh I'm bored now lol, need to find someone new to argue with on gaia now >=/ as that's really the only thing its good for now XD  

Seiryna

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:40 pm
Seiryna
eh I'm bored now lol, need to find someone new to argue with on gaia now >=/ as that's really the only thing its good for now XD
I'm good to discuss anything, really. As long as it don't turn to outright flaming, I'm down.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:57 pm
Keith Valken Lionheart
Seiryna
I'm good to discuss anything, really. As long as it don't turn to outright flaming, I'm down.

yeah, but I don't know what to discuss really XD
all I do is 'discuss' D&D XD last game I played was like... almost a year ago XD need to find a game to play in, so I have new things to discuss XD but I'm to picky, want to much and few DMs can keep up with me XD  

Seiryna

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:02 pm
Seiryna
Keith Valken Lionheart
Seiryna

all I do is 'discuss' D&D XD last game I played was like... almost a year ago XD need to find a game to play in, so I have new things to discuss XD but I'm to picky, want to much and few DMs can keep up with me XD
I feel ya, the games I'm at are going slow. Shame you don't like 4e, cause Rain has his Merc Work game, and he's looking for people.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:10 pm
Keith Valken Lionheart
Seiryna
Keith Valken Lionheart
Seiryna

I feel ya, the games I'm at are going slow. Shame you don't like 4e, cause Rain has his Merc Work game, and he's looking for people.

lol I can't stand play by post games either. they move WAY to slow for me XD when I do something, I wanna know what happens then and there, not an hour from now, or a day or two. cause then I'd totally forget what I was doing. I'll only play games over IM/Map Tools/Open RPG... I don't even really like real life games. to many distractions XD  

Seiryna

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:18 pm
Seiryna
Keith Valken Lionheart
Seiryna
Keith Valken Lionheart
Seiryna

lol I can't stand play by post games either. they move WAY to slow for me XD when I do something, I wanna know what happens then and there, not an hour from now, or a day or two. cause then I'd totally forget what I was doing. I'll only play games over IM/Map Tools/Open RPG... I don't even really like real life games. to many distractions XD
I can't play on IM, too much of a ********. Everyone RPing and OOCing and DM saying what's happening on the same window and then you have to scroll up and down to read and...yeah. Maptools is win, if you get the hang of the program though.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:23 pm
Keith Valken Lionheart
Seiryna
Keith Valken Lionheart
Seiryna
Keith Valken Lionheart
Seiryna

I can't play on IM, too much of a ********. Everyone RPing and OOCing and DM saying what's happening on the same window and then you have to scroll up and down to read and...yeah. Maptools is win, if you get the hang of the program though.

lol that why when playing via IM you have separate windows XD
one for OOC, one for the Game, and if someone goes off and does their own thing, you can do it in a separate window so noone can meta game, and see what you're doing. or if your char. can read something noone else can/gets information noone else has, DM can say it just to you in a separate window. just keeps things more interesting. XD  

Seiryna

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:32 pm
Seiryna
Keith Valken Lionheart
Seiryna
Keith Valken Lionheart
Seiryna

one for OOC, one for the Game, and if someone goes off and does their own thing, you can do it in a separate window so noone can meta game, and see what you're doing. or if your char. can read something noone else can/gets information noone else has, DM can say it just to you in a separate window. just keeps things more interesting. XD
I hate having too many chat windows open razz I start banishing them to Baator. Play-by-Post may be slow, but it's organized. I like it, especially since I'm usually doing other stuff, which would otherwise keep me from playing at a specific time.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:39 pm
Keith Valken Lionheart
Seiryna
Keith Valken Lionheart
Seiryna
Keith Valken Lionheart
Seiryna

I hate having too many chat windows open razz I start banishing them to Baator. Play-by-Post may be slow, but it's organized. I like it, especially since I'm usually doing other stuff, which would otherwise keep me from playing at a specific time.

to each their own I guess XD  

Seiryna

aimike3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:33 am
Keith Valken Lionheart
aimike3
Okay, but if there are any girls there, I wanna DO them!
You end up 'seducing' the pretty, blond girl. You black out, waking up 2 days later shackled to a wall, with a metal ball in your mouth, fastened by leather straps around your head. You feel slight pain and and uncomfortable feeling in the netheregions, which makes you realize that you're... in a bad position.

That might have been enjoyable if that was actually a girl...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:38 pm
aimike3
Keith Valken Lionheart
aimike3
Okay, but if there are any girls there, I wanna DO them!
You end up 'seducing' the pretty, blond girl. You black out, waking up 2 days later shackled to a wall, with a metal ball in your mouth, fastened by leather straps around your head. You feel slight pain and and uncomfortable feeling in the netheregions, which makes you realize that you're... in a bad position.

That might have been enjoyable if that was actually a girl...

you may never know the answer to that question...
like wise you may never want to find out. XD  

Seiryna

aimike3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:14 pm
Not like it matters. I had that Watchdog spell cast, so I killed the other man-lady-orc-thing.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:27 pm
aimike3
Not like it matters. I had that Watchdog spell cast, so I killed the other man-lady-orc-thing.

the other? so there was more then one with you? kinky....
your char. has some weird fetishes >.>'  

Seiryna

aimike3 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)

aimike3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:44 am
Seiryna
aimike3

the other? so there was more then one with you? kinky....
your char. has some weird fetishes >.>'

I only intended on there being one, but hell, why not? Two it is! It's time to Initiatize!  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff