Welcome to Gaia! ::

TinierMe

Back to Guilds

A place to meet Gaians who share a love and interest in the web-community, TinierMe ! 

Tags: TinierMe, Selfy, GCrest, Kokoro, Gacha 

Reply TinierMe T r a d i n g - A Market
Trading Frustrations Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Battle: Level Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:10 pm
You get some awesome deals by just waiting on offers instead of going out and looking for them. Not saying you wont find any good ones if you do the digging, but I come across many offers for the same item(s) so I just wait on that right offer while declining the rest.

D; well at least you work out at night. All the work out I get to do is that short walk from the drop off sidewalk to the door of my classroom at school - and whatever the bf tries to get me to do. Fortunately though, I haven't gained any weight from this - unfortunately though, I lost weight due to loss of muscle mass.

o 3o The one who posted that pic is "a friend of the lowballer." People would debate on calling that person a scammer. In my opinion? They're the same. Trying to get your items with the least effort/sacrifice possible"
I was curious if that person might have sounded similar to the person who sent you that low-ball offer on your happy grins. It seems someone or multiple someones are going around offering the animated HG phones as if it were some cool rare item.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:44 am
User Image
================ ☠ ================

I think it's due to the fact that people tend to offer more for your item while others expect more if you were to offer a trade.

Hope you won't get problems with your blood circulation (or however it's called xD ). Does he walk with you or just suggest you to walk around ? Be cautious x:

Lmao aka a mule 8D.
Only if the person at the other end were to complain then I would call that scamming but if that person is satisfied then the trade would be considered "legit".
How long has it been since the headphone event ended ?

taekjoon

Hallowed Warlord

18,475 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Regular 100

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:27 pm
Good point - but even then, I come across many who give me a list of a couple of their items for me to choose form in exchange for some item in my inventory, but they'll point out the items on that list that they're "clingy" to...usually the items that are worth trading for they'll label as clingy - and yea, when you ask for them, they react "clingy" and hope you'll pick something else.
Clingy doesn't mean I'm gonna value it more.
I literally just tell them that that I would rather not trade with someone who's clingy with the items asked for. You know the end result of that kind of trade. Either I would have to add more, which I wont unless it's something special and worth it, or they'll be unsatisfied.
--
...its more like he makes me walk whenever he can. Lately he's been more delicate about it though cause of the summer heat. We get triple digit dry heat. No good.
--
I thought it might be a mule too - just out there to try and get opinions on what he did - sort of thing.

The headphones event ended late June I believe.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:05 pm
That is one reason why I don't have a trading list anymore. However, I got a ton of items now and it is not possible to list all the items I have in a single post on tinierme. DX  

Guardian Arlen

Steadfast Guardian

17,250 Points
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:03 pm
So I imagine you just trade through your diary/forums? Like whenever you have certain items you want traded away or are looking for something specific?

o 3o It'd be cool to see all your items listed though. =D I like seeing my trade list expand as I collect as many items I can from the current gachas.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:05 am
User Image
================ ☠ ================

Oh, yes. I've seen that as well. It indicates that they are just picky and cautious that's why trading with these people is often a long and difficult way x:

Wouldn't it be better to move less to preserve your body temperature ? I always thought like that xD

I thought I joined in May but I can't remember the event.
Might be because I never paid attention to events at the beginning or I joined later @_@;;

Hiro, how do you trade then o_o ?

taekjoon

Hallowed Warlord

18,475 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Regular 100

Iseru Dryves

5,150 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:09 pm
I haven't thought about how it would affect my health much. Most of my day is spent sitting down due to work and more sitting down when I go home to the PC. I... should be more active.. and go out more often. Socialize, talk to people and climb out of the mushroom cave I've built for myself.

I should organize my inventory one of these days... everything's all over the place. sweatdrop But procrastination is oh so sweet.. ~w~

I have used the trading site to browse for the items I'm specifically looking for.. use up some time to browse through people's profiles and trade list, then finally formulate an offer of exchange... only to realize later they don't have a Home button and nowhere for me to send the trade to.

lll oTL  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:06 am
Ok I can also add this to the list of Has-Happened-To-Me groupies.

Someone messaged me an reserve offer which I accepted, and they told me not to back out, and I assured them I'd never back out (even if I got an insane offer instead), and the next day she backed out on me @_@;;

Oh and I'm wondering if anyone else does this: who goes on the trading site to randomly hit the "Edit Trading List" and then "Submit Change" button periodically? Cuz it bumps your list to the top of "Who has this Item" list. I'm wondering if I'm the only OCD person out there?  

-Elie-
Crew

Sparkly Bunny

22,175 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:45 am
. ^. I haven't done too many reserves, but so far I've been fortunate enough to not run into anyone who's backed out on me D:

Sorry it happened to you. Hope it doesn't happen with my Vocaloid reserves = A=
Looong wait for those Persona ones.

And I hit the "Edit" button too to bump up my threads ^ ^
A lot of people do it there in fact. I notice they do when I see the same thread coming back up to the top while still having the same number of posts.
o 3o Very convenient. I don't like flooding my threads with "bumps."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:50 am
oh! actually i did not know that exclaim

you can edit instead of bump? i think that happened to me before but i didn't realize it at the time.

but i was talking about the trading site:
http://tinierme.online-ga.me  

-Elie-
Crew

Sparkly Bunny

22,175 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:06 am
Ohhhh, hahah yea I do it too on the trading site ^ ^
I just bump up my activity by hitting the Edit button with blank text.
Gets me some good offers sometimes - and many times, gets me the lame ones too. Can't complain though; that's just how it'll always be o Ao
Like with fishing. There will always be dem little fish in the sea, but every now and then, you catch one of em lunkers.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:31 am
Oh, hmm.. surprised I've never done that... but it just annoys me sometimes how the html comes undone (like the hyperlink and image codes get altered..) when I edit the thread so I prefer just bumping it back up the first page when it goes to the 4th page and down. sweatdrop  

Iseru Dryves

5,150 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Citizen 200

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:04 pm
@Iseru
Oh, that's just with journals and youtube ^ ^

On group threads, you get
breaks, which isn't so bad. It just adds spacing - it only really happens before and after the initial code you wrote too; I think it makes its way into your code if you have spaces in paragraphs or something, but it doesn't effect it in any way.

On the forums, there is no alteration of any sort at all, so forum threads are the easiest to bump with this method.

But with journals - if you have a youtube embed code in there, don't ever edit it again unless you have the proper embedding code saved somewhere else.

D: and if you do have issues with code breaking outside of journals, lemme know? I'm curious to see what specific codes get altered. I haven't had an issue yet.
----

Off the side note:

D< Frikken - why don't kids read people's trading profiles, or at least while they're not long or something?
I mean, if it's short, I'm make sure to read their rules before exploring their items. When their rules are long, I look to see if they have what I want first, and if they have it, then I read the rules before approaching them. I keep getting MMs I don't want to bother with.
Jeebuz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:49 am
I know right, I sometimes wonder how they were raised o-o..
I couldn't approach someone without reading their rules (just like in threads here on Gaia). It makes me feel uncomfortable if I make someone mad.

taekjoon

Hallowed Warlord

18,475 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Regular 100
TinierMe T r a d i n g - A Market

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers