Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
A Shot in the Dark [4E] - Recruitment 7/6 ---FULL--- Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:50 pm
Mackie the Knife
OK. I'll let Arc have it, then.

Awww... Rook sounded fun, ESPECIALLY with potential tenshion between him and my character sad  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:01 pm
@Fish:
Yeah, I realised after making the topic that Primal classes might be a bit hard to explain. =/ Though there is a way you could fit it in. Although most people agree that the outside world is far too dangerous, there is a left-wing guild that believes that the Government is lying to everyone. They believe that the outside world isn't as awful as the Government make out, but instead a place of great peace and harmony. Any one wishing to make a primal character could easily say they're a member of this Guild. Or if you don't like that idea, what Rain said. You can change any fluff text you want. I'd like to make this game pretty unique if I can, so feel free to incorporate anything you want. mrgreen

I should probably mention some of the other guilds while I'm at it, in case anyone wants to add it to their backgrounds. I guess I should have mentioned it earlier, but I honestly didn't expect people to make character's so soon! sweatdrop

I've got a word document loaded about various places/people/organizations in the city. I could have put it in the opening thread, but I've written a fair amount and didn't want to clutter this thread >.< Plus a lot of it isn't finished and I wanted to get people into the game before putting it up so I could get a subforum up and keep all that information in there. I've already asked Bam for a subforum and all information will be up there in due course. Though here's a short account of most Guilds:

VVV - Possibly Important Background Information - VVV

The main 5 City Guilds are The Acolyte's Guild (a religious guild jointly run by Clerics of all non-evil Gods), The Mage's Guild (an arcane guild run by mainly Wizards and Swordmages), The Olympian Guild (basically a city wide gym), The Agricultural Guild (does what it says on the tin, farmers guild ran by farmers), and the Politicians Guild (again, does what it says on the tin). The first two are jointly responsible for education in the city.

Other big guilds include The Green Guild (left wing guild mentioned above), The Workers Guild (ran by shop keepers and merchants), The Mechanic's Guild (a guild dedicated to making and maintaining Warforged), The Guards Guild, The Musicians Guild, and The Thespian Guild. There are also two guilds many people have heard of, but few are sure if they really exist. They are The Shadows Guild (a guild of thieves and assassins) and The Dark Coven (a religious guild jointly run by Clerics of all evil Gods).

^^^ - Possibly Important Background Information - ^^^

I'll probably add a few more small guilds in time, so if you want to add a guild to your background fill free and I'll flesh it out a bit. mrgreen For instance the underground cult to Asmodeus in Khnurn's background could be part of The Dark Coven, or an entirely different Guild. Guilds are an important aspect of this City, though don't feel you HAVE to add a guild to your background.

@Felix:
I'm so sorry! I remember seeing your question, though I must have missed it when writing up my last post. You can have dragon backgrounds, but not Faerun/Eberron backgrounds. The only benefits you can gain are either +2 to a skill/extra class skill (but since that's all Shadow Acrobat gives, I'll let you have it wink ). Though don't be scared to invent your own!

@Everyone:
The red test in this post may change people's perspective of the game/their character. The game's not going to start for a few weeks yet, so don't be scared of changing your character or whatever. You have plenty of time.

Also, starting Audits now. mrgreen  

joe-dude667

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:26 pm
Rain Yupa
Mackie the Knife

Awww... Rook sounded fun, ESPECIALLY with potential tenshion between him and my character sad

No Rook? There would have been conflict between him and mine too, oh well, I'm probs gonna change my background a bit anyway to incorporate the Shadows Guild rather than just working for Patriarch Putin, although I could put him in the Shadows Guild....  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:30 pm
NayrVentess
Rain Yupa
Mackie the Knife

No Rook? There would have been conflict between him and mine too, oh well, I'm probs gonna change my background a bit anyway to incorporate the Shadows Guild rather than just working for Patriarch Putin, although I could put him in the Shadows Guild....

Fo Shizzle. =)  

joe-dude667

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:53 pm
Carric Joysword - The Half-Elf Brawler
The Audit

You have Damaran as a language, which is a Faerunian (that's probably the word...) language. Since this is set in the generic DnD setting, that language doesn't exist! You can change it to any from the PHB (except Supernal and Abyssal).

I've already mentioned about the Eberron backgrounds in my previous post. Benefit wise you're free to use that particular background, "The Carnival of Shadows" travelling troupe could easily be incorporated into The Festival of Darkness. Unfortunately the history of the War is a bit out of place, since no one has entered or left the city for aeons... sweatdrop Perhaps you could change it to a gang like feud? Of course that makes it significantly less epic. Sorry to knit-pick.

I'd like to see what items your character has other than Adventures Kit and Thieves Tools. I can see you also have a Longsword and (what I'm guessing is) Scale Armour, though could you jot those down under Magical Items and Equipment?

Finally, I can see you had a bit of issues with the Myth-Weavers Armour section. Don't worry, I made the same mistake when 4th edition came out. =P Armour Bonus should be 7, not 6. Then click "Armour is Heavy" box to get rid of the Dex bonus.

Other than that, you're good to go. Just don't forget to give yourself an action point! Then when you're finished with your background you can award yourself with a lvl1 magical item.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:05 pm
Taedra 'Heartseeker' Vol - The Halfling Ranger
The Audit

Halflings have speed of 6, not 5. Whodathunkit? I say this because your sheet is perfect! mrgreen Plus I never play Halflings. Lol!

Loved the background by the way, so feel free to award yourself a lvl1 magic item. Don't feel you HAVE to incorporate the Shadows Guild into your back story. I mean a character like Putin was almost certainly a key player in that guild, though that's not to say he has to be. Even if he was, it doesn't mean Taedra would automatically know that. 3nodding  

joe-dude667

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:14 pm
i can has the 360gp instead a straight level 1 item though? I'd rather spend it on odds and ends ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:18 pm
Back from work, and got a bunch of character decisions down while I was away and stuff. I'm going with Rain's thing mostly... but I don't think entirely. I actually cooked up ways to explain off the primal thing from inside the city, too, but the guilds might help even more. I'm getting his basics down before I backread and see if my ideas change any.

Am going with a bloodbond seeker at the moment.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:29 pm
Shneider - The Human Paladin of Pelor
The Audit

As Rain mentioned, Supernal isn't a starting language. =(

I really enjoyed your background. You can employ a background Benefit for an extra +2 to a skill or class skill. There are plenty to choose from from PHB2 and the dragon articles (a good one might be Bereaved from Dragon380, +2 to insight/religion).

I think you've made a mistake with your ability scores. I'm assuming you gave your Human Bonus to Strength, but then you've spent 2 too many points to get the results you've got. One of those 14's are going to have to be dropped down one for it to fit.

You've shorted yourself a skill training!

With that all sorted, you are done mister. 4laugh Award yourself a lvl1 item at your own leisure.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:30 pm
NayrVentess
i can has the 360gp instead a straight level 1 item though? I'd rather spend it on odds and ends ^^

NO!!! scream

Lolzosaurus. Course you can. mrgreen  

joe-dude667

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:47 pm
Khnurn Badru Chenzira - The Tiefling Summoner
The Audit

Like Nayr, you appear to be perfect Mr. Yupa! mrgreen

Awesome back story. Lvl1 Magic Item/lots of hooch for chu!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:48 pm
Awww, shucks 4laugh

But enough about me, what of my character? surprised  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:00 pm
Me and Rain should do a show on ABC about how perfect we are....  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:04 pm
Form feet and legs! Form arms and torso!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:11 pm
Rain Yupa
Form feet and legs! Form arms and torso!

^^ By the by Rain, how do you pronounce Khnurn?  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff