Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hallways and the Grand Staircase
Ground Floor Corridor Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jacqueline Day

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:19 am
User Image

Listening to the boy’s casual and collected tone, Catherine began to think back on all her parents teaching. Yes, enemies were truly everywhere, waiting for her to slip, to make a small mistake that, once added to their hatred, would snowball out of control leaving her at their mercy. She would never allow herself to slip in front of these so called enemies. She simply could not afford to do so. Hearing that Ace had enemies as well only served to strengthen the bond the two of them had, in her mind. Suddenly, to Catherine, it was the two of them against the world. She quickly made up her mind to do whatever she could to help him.

Remembering the reason she’d urged him on in the first place, namely in an effort to label the strangeness that surrounded him, she realized exactly where the problem lay. He had more enemies here than at home, therefore, this foreignness in his nature couldn’t have been wrong, just simply the way he must be with danger lurking around every corner. Of course he was acting a bit differently. She silently thanked him for his warning. Just as this gratitude occurred to her, he mentioned the next piece of his story.

Yes. I remember,, she answered quickly. Phinelia von Ichval. The name popped back into her mind without the slightest effort. Stealing this book was no ordinary childhood prank. It was so much more devious than that. It was wrong and what perturbed her about the incident even more so was that Ace, the boy who always knew how make everything work in his favor, the one who always had the upper hand, had yet to repay this deed. Enemies, indeed Catherine thought. She knew exactly what she must do.

”I can help, Ace” she offered, proudly. ”Tell me what to do and I’ll do it”. New enthusiasm brimmed within her. If this girl was a Ravenclaw, she had found her purpose. There was no higher purpose than restoring honor. To do this for Tay and his family made all this heartache worthwhile. Being a Ravenclaw, she had access to this girl in a way Tay did not. There was of course the possibility that Tay did not want her help in the matter. She could understand that. She waited and hope for his approval, for his permission to help.

She merely nodded at his suggestion to move to the Staircase and his offer to help, and added a small “thank you”, hoping to stay focused on what Catherine thought was the issue at hand. It wasn't that Catherine didn't feel grateful, she did, it was that she had found a purpose and having a purpose felt wonderful.

[[continued in Grand Staircase]]

First Year Ravenclaw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:45 am
Second year, Slytherin Seeker
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════════════════════════╗

A whimsical melody of tune hummed in her throat and bounced off the walls of the ground floor corridor as she marched within the vicinity from the perilous flight of stairs she had taken from the dungeons down below. Her Slytherin seeker shirt was hidden beneath a white jacket, and garbed in just that, only white, she was a blinding sight to see in the otherwise gray and dismal castle. Her own brand new broom was clutched delicately in her hands as she skipped, eagerly intent upon rushing the grounds outside and practice her flying.

Desires: Practice
Troubles: Perfection

╚════════════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:23 pm
Jayden Michael Cloud

User Image

Mood: Depressed
What I am doing: Picking up my books
What I want to be doing: Enjoying the beautiful day

Jayden walked down the hall, face toward the ground, for he has not had a good day as of yet. He had not been able to talk, or even see Tristain yet, which really made him kind of depressed. But really, he should not dwell on the past, but really should look to the future. He was going to make the best of this day. The weather was beautiful, the sun shining down through the paned windows of the castle; everyone was in a cheerful mood. The day was really the epitome of beautiful ones, but he couldn't get the girl Tristain out of his head long enough to enjoy its bringings.

As he walked, he bumped into a girl, dropping his books to the floor. He didn't recognize who it was until he looked at the broom, knowing exactly what it was. That broom was the talk of the week, everyone seemingly spreading some variation of a rumor that tried to depict how she could of gotten such a high valued broom that wasn't even on the marketplace. There was much speculation on it really. Many thought she may have got it illegally, but Jayden knew the truth behind this. Some people, in fact, had their information correct. Jayden's brother Devin, had bought this broom for someone he was quite fond of...and that was Annabelle Emery Rich. She was just like his brother had described her. Beautiful, tall, blond, but he would have to judge the internal traits he placed upon her. He also said she was kind, smart, and determined. He dropped to one knee, not saying a word to the girl, in an attempt to just pick his books up and move along, but something urged him to speak to her. Maybe it was curiousness. He was not quite sure.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:34 pm
User Image
third year - hufflepuff
▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬

allen w. rhoddes

▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬
muggle born - wizard raised

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
“To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan, and not quite enough time.”
– Leonard Bernstein
“Now, somehow, in some new way, the sky seemed almost alien.”
– Lyndon B. Johnson

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

¦¦[Enter from Common Room]

Allen's head and thoughts began to clear the faster and the stronger he ran. With the constant feeling of Jane's presence caught between two of his fingers and his thumb, he began to understand how he was to approach this. A decision made what seemed like so long ago now felt tangible and it made Allen's stomach both flutter and weigh like lead. Soon, emerging from the hallways leading to the kitchens and the Common Room, Allen found himself on the Ground Level of the magnificent castle. He finally turned to Jane, a certainty shining in his eyes but no words sounded - silence still sewed into him. He lead her to a private space; further from the openness of the level and its spanning exits. Behinds one of the columns of the high angled detail of the Grand Staircase was a small crevice. Allen placed the small of his back against it and for a second observed the deep confusion, but shreds of trust he could see in the girl's chocolate gaze. He blinked and stopped biting his lip; mouth ajar just slightly and threatening a whispered word. "Do you remember asking about my...well, my gloves?" he lifted both his ever-gloved hands to be easily seen by both her and him. Turning so she could see every side; a lump forming in his throat but he kept pushing on. "I am ready to show you."
¦¦

User Image

User Image User Image User Image User Image

Pale Mist

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:11 pm
User Image
яεġrετηστнιηġ ғεαяησ σηε ταkε prιdε ιηεvεяyτнιηġ
User Image
Abruptly, the unusually dark gray eyes of Colton Raines were aware of their surroundings. He recognized the ground floor corridor, but couldn't imagine how he had gotten there. Certainly it was by his own feet, but not necessarily by his own will. The Gryffindor didn't recognize this feeling—this pull that had driven him from the common room and down several flights of stairs without his full consent.

The last week was an unreasonable haze. He had found it hard to speak, hard to interact, to learn, listen, or even comprehend words. But now—now he understood why. This desire—this irrational need to enter the dungeons below had grown strong enough for him to recognize his destination. The pull had revealed its source, and now he felt obliged to meet with it.

There it was again! Not so much his name in words, but certainly a calling of some sort. The source shouted at him in some lost language that he was suddenly well-versed in, and the urge to descend deeper into the school grew stronger. It was now two-fold as he picked up his pace—completely ignorant to his lack of solitude, his mind no longer free to react at its own will, but subject to this new gravity that pulled him still deeper.

User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:16 am
User Image

User Image
"Keep close, though our common room isn't quite as complicated to get to as some of the others. Nicole called out making her way towards the corridor that lead down into the basement that held the Kitchen and the Hufflepuff common room. Their house was set low in the ground just like a Badger's burrow. She looked back before she entered the hallway to see if all the first years were still with her. The group seperated from the Ravenclaw and Gryffindor's early on those two headed towards the grand staircase. Slytherins were also below ground but on the otherside of the castle so the two houses had gone to opposite sides of the corridor.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

((Old Odd Comments: post in this thread after I do hallway to the Basement.))

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:59 am
User Image
~Heather Stevia Hawthorn~
First Year Hufflepuff
User Image
User Image
Heather followed the prefect down into the basement. She didn't particularly like dark and scary places, so she was trying not to panic, taking deep breaths and keeping herself distracted by moving her fingers as if she was playing her piano.
She saw the Gryffindors and Ravenclaws head up the staircase, and the Slytherins go the other direction, but still head underground.
She turned her attention back to the prefect and quickly caught up to her, staying directly behind her so she wouldn't get lost in the dark.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 2:02 pm

Ariana Hawthorne
First Year: Hufflepuff

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana followed Nicole to the Ground Floor Corridor. As she continued to walk, she gazed at the walls and ceiling that surrounded the students. If I wanna be able to get to the common room on my own, I have to remember how, she thought, trying to remember exactly how she got from the Great Hall to here. It was a lot darker down here than it was in the Great Hall.

wearing

((Next post at the Hallway to the Basement))

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 2:55 pm
User Image
Hufflepuff|1st year|Muggle-Born|Single

Why must I be judged upon the purity of my blood?

Steele stayed close behind, not really talking much on their way down. Honestly, he was so enthralled with the wonders of the castle that he really couldn't talk. The scenery was...breathtaking, to an extreme degree as well. As they went, he kept his peripheral on Ariana, making sure to follow her, for if he made one wrong turn, it was over for him. He would probably never be able to find his way back; at least, until someone came to find him, but who would be willing to do something like that. He generally walked forward until Nicole had finally turned.

Will I ever be the same?

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 11:22 am
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Katrina Varren

First Year Hufflepuff
╚══════════════╝

Where am I? In the Great Hall
What am I doing? Feasting.
What am I thinking? I want to eat it all.

Kat followed her classmates and Prefect, her belly contently full. She hadn't eaten so much since her father's imprisonment. In fact, she had become quite used to not eating, even though the nice Auror had promised he'd visit again to make sure she was eating... What was his name again? she tried to remember. Oh, right... Arthur Radcliffe. She smiled remembering the polite man. He had come by the manor after her father escaped from jail, and even, though her mother denied seeing him, Kat had spied him there. When the Auror was leaving, Kat sneaked out and told him the truth. Arthur had promised to watch out for her. Kat heaved a heavy sigh and wondered what the promise would become now.

Out of Character To the Hallway to the Basement

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 3:56 pm
User Image
User Image
"τнε spyιηg scнεмεr"

THOUGHTS: So a Revelation has begun.

MOOD: Tired and Angry.

User Image
Matt sighed as he headed down into the common room. He was tired of that pathetic Amanda and she was gathering allies. He wasn't going to allow that. He was going to quickly work the Slytherin House to move against her and she'll be begging the prideful boy for peace. He was going to smile as she realized. He was a powerful King. He was glad a Queen had moved onto the board and he was very happy for her alliance.
User Image

What makes you happy?

I wonder... what makes you happy...

Does it make others happy, too?

User Image

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:22 pm
User Image
User Image
Selene was happy with the move she had decided to make in her History of Magic class. That girl, Amanda Davis, needed to be brought down a peg or two. She wasn’t certain that the girl actually posed a threat, but her danger lied in the reputation she would bring to the Slytherin house, to the dignity of the elite. If there was anything growing up as a Gillette had taught her, it was that any threat of disgrace was to be promptly stomped out, nipped in the bud. It was the reason her mother was so hard on her.

These were the thoughts coursing through her mind when she spotted the Slytherin boy, the one who had impressed her with his sharp tongue and his dignified air. He played the game well and, as she had already begun to ally herself with him, she figured there was no harm in speaking to him now. But just how should she play her cards.

“The Slytherin house is lucky to have you” flattery, based in truth, she decided was her best option. “I’m Selene,” she introduced, the hint of a smirk on her lips, her voice sickly sweet “Her actions would reflect badly on our house without your words to counter them, " she finished. In three sentence she had, simultaneously, planted herself as his ally, flattered him, and made clear her dislike for the girl, hoping to set a darker plot in motion, all the while leaving this boy in full control. Her mother would have been proud.

--------------

WITH: Matthew Warren
OOC:

Thanks to Song of Aoede for graphics.

aliciazee

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 7:36 pm
User Image
User Image
"τнε spyιηg scнεмεr"

THOUGHTS: Hello.

MOOD: Tired and Calming

User Image
A voice brought the rich child out of his thoughts and he slowly turned to face the girl coming down the main staircase and he smiled as the Queen from earlier had appeared. She was flattering him, sadly that only drove the boy to tighten his defensive line. He wasn't one to be manipulated. No he was the one doing the manipulating. He stopped walking till she had caught up with him and listened to her introduction and bashing of the Amanda twerp. He kept his mouth shut and just stared at her as she talked. Once she had finished Matt nodded and turned around, facing the Dungeon stairway corridor. He moved his pale hands into his robes pockets and spoke as he began to move forward. "Yes, it seems this House needs people like the both of us to keep it in line. For instance that pathetic Amanda and that idiot Leo or whatever they called him. Sadly, it seems my words didn't work as well as intended. I'm Matthew Warren by the way." He slowly looked at her with his tired eyes.
User Image

What makes you happy?

User Image

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 1:09 am
User Image
User Image
Watching his reaction, Selene soon realized her mistake. He saw through her flattery, even though it was based in truth. The last thing she wanted was for this boy to be on the defense. At his admission that his words did not have the desired effect, Selene found herself surprised. Her game plan wasn't working, luckily, she was flexible, she was, after all, a serpent.

“Nice to meet you, Matthew” she said genuinely, a hint of a question in her voice, testing the waters. She would have to tread carefully here. His tired gaze had unnerved her a bit. She quickly put that out of her mind. . “That was no fault of yours. She is reckless and arrogant, she would have done well to listen to your advice.” she sneered, frustration at the girl just about boiling over. The slight the girl and the boy had both committed aginst the Slytherin house was not something Selene could let slide easily. Her mother’s words rang in her head, and Selene spoke them aloud “How do we fix it?" she questioned hoping he might have the answer. She was eager to see if the boy had any plans regarding the girl who had proven herself both an enemy and a nuisance and to see if those plans extended to dealing with the boy who had always proven himself to be a bother.

--------------

WITH: Matthew Warren
OOC:

Thanks to Song of Aoede for graphics.

aliciazee

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:54 pm
User Image
User Image
"τнε spyιηg scнεмεr"

THOUGHTS: Hmmmm...

MOOD: Tired and Manipulative.

User Image
Matthew looked at her when she finished her last sentence. That was the right question to ask the chess master as he thought of the answer. Which came a second later. With a sinister sneer he answered her. "We do what I said. We mobilize the House. Like how white blood cells mobilize against a virus." He said as tired jade eyes moved back into the general direction of the dungeon corridor.
User Image

What makes you happy?

User Image

Hallways and the Grand Staircase

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items