Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Ancient Lands (4th edition, recruiting) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:14 am
SporkMaster5000
I might be up for this too. I have a multi-part question though, if i take hybrid psion, fist can I choose the shaper discipline from Psionic power, and second if i do, which power do you say i get without taking hybrid focus?
Yes you can, and you can choose either one you want. Obviously, you can choose only 1 of the 2. What hybrid did you plan on making?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:23 am
Keith Valken Lionheart
SporkMaster5000
I might be up for this too. I have a multi-part question though, if i take hybrid psion, fist can I choose the shaper discipline from Psionic power, and second if i do, which power do you say i get without taking hybrid focus?
Yes you can, and you can choose either one you want. Obviously, you can choose only 1 of the 2. What hybrid did you plan on making?
i'm thinking psion/avenger, but i'm not completely decided yet on the second class, i just know it's going to be something that uses a weapon primarily. i'm gonna take the minor creation power as an encounter power, so he can go around unarmed and then whip a sword (or any weapon) out of nowhere.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
SporkMaster5000 rolled 20 6-sided dice: 2, 2, 6, 3, 6, 4, 1, 6, 6, 4, 1, 1, 6, 3, 2, 6, 6, 1, 6, 1 Total: 73 (20-120)

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:51 am
also, since it seems to be working out so well for everyone else, I'll try my luck for abilities. i'll do like rain did, ignore ones as they come.  
SporkMaster5000 rolled 20 6-sided dice: 1, 6, 5, 1, 1, 2, 4, 5, 2, 4, 2, 3, 4, 6, 3, 6, 6, 1, 5, 4 Total: 71 (20-120)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:54 am
so first three:
2, 2, 6, 3, 6 = 15
4, 6, 6, 4, 6 = 18
3, 2, 6, 6, 6 = 18  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:10 am
and the second three:

6, 5, 2, 4, 5 = 15
2, 4, 2, 3, 4 = 11
6, 3, 6, 6, 5 = 18

so my stats are 18, 18, 18, 15, 15, 11.

that is the best result i've gotten from rolling stats since i started playing.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:42 am
one last question before my character's done. there's a feat from Dragon i'm probably gonna take down the line called weapon master.
Quote:
Heroic Tier
Prerequisite: Weapon Focus, Weapon Expertise
Benefit: You gain the benefits of Weapon Focus and Weapon Expertise with all weapons you are proficient with.
would you let me use versatile expertise instead of weapon expertise for the prerequisite?  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:07 am
SporkMaster5000
one last question before my character's done. there's a feat from Dragon i'm probably gonna take down the line called weapon master.
Quote:
Heroic Tier
Prerequisite: Weapon Focus, Weapon Expertise
Benefit: You gain the benefits of Weapon Focus and Weapon Expertise with all weapons you are proficient with.
would you let me use versatile expertise instead of weapon expertise for the prerequisite?
Yup, you can substitute it.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:40 am
Then here is Oris.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:17 am
SporkMaster5000
Then here is Oris.
Everything seems pretty solid. No weapon though, which I take it you will generate using Minor Creation if needed and applying the Ki Focus bonus (once you get a Ki Focus) to the attack?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am
Keith Valken Lionheart
SporkMaster5000
Then here is Oris.
Everything seems pretty solid. No weapon though, which I take it you will generate using Minor Creation if needed and applying the Ki Focus bonus (once you get a Ki Focus) to the attack?
that's the plan.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:26 am
Keith Valken Lionheart
Joe-dude, you can definitely play the Drow, just not evil, for now. I'm new @ DMing, so I'll take a backseat when it comes to evil alignments. Sorry. You can still play it, if you'd like, just not evil. Also, can you PM me the description of the feat, real quick?

That's cool. You're allowing a HELL of a lot more than I did at my first attempt of DMing. I was scared of everything! =P Though playing evil doesn't necessarily mean I'll kill my team mates at first chance. I'll just feel no guilt if we have to kill someone (say after interrogation). But I won't push too much if you're really not comfortable with it. =)

Also, I forgot to add Versatile Expertise as a bonus feat, so put that in. Then after seeing your views on Spellbook+Rituals I gave myself a book and 3 rituals and bough 50g of Residuum.

Feat from Dragon Mag [384]:
Quote:
Killing Curse [Warlock]
Prerequisites: Warlock, Warlock's Curse class feature
Benefit: The extra damage dice from your Warlock's
Curse class feature increase from d6s to d8s.

But I think it should have been in PHB anyways since it has these two:
Quote:
Backstabber [Rogue]
Prerequisites: Rogue, Sneak Attack class feature
Benefit: The extra damage dice from your Sneak
Attack class feature increase from d6s to d8s.
Quote:
Lethal Hunter [Ranger]
Prerequisites: Ranger, Hunter’s Quarry class feature
Benefit: The extra damage dice from your Hunter’s
Quarry class feature increase from d6s to d8s.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:33 pm
Yeah, but the way I see it, it's for fun, right? If what you have in mind is fun, then why should I deny you said fun? Besides, I like to give out stuff biggrin  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:58 pm
Keith Valken Lionheart
Rain Yupa
I assume by that, you mean that EVERYONE gets the 3 rituals like wizards get, and not just arcane casters?

4- All arcane classes get the Wizard's Cantrips for free, if you so desire to have 'em. All Arcane and Divine classes also get the Ritual Casting feat for free, while martial characters get the Practiced Study feat for free. Arcane classes start with 3 rituals and a ritual book, and Martial classes start with 2 Martial Practices at level 1.

Fixed the HR. Hopefully that clarifies it. I got my much needed sleep, can now operate to my maximum capacity.

So, wait. Do Psionic or Primal characters get Ritual Caster, or just Divine and Arcane?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:04 pm
Rain Yupa
Keith Valken Lionheart
Rain Yupa
I assume by that, you mean that EVERYONE gets the 3 rituals like wizards get, and not just arcane casters?

4- All arcane classes get the Wizard's Cantrips for free, if you so desire to have 'em. All Arcane and Divine classes also get the Ritual Casting feat for free, while martial characters get the Practiced Study feat for free. Arcane classes start with 3 rituals and a ritual book, and Martial classes start with 2 Martial Practices at level 1.

Fixed the HR. Hopefully that clarifies it. I got my much needed sleep, can now operate to my maximum capacity.

So, wait. Do Psionic or Primal characters get Ritual Caster, or just Divine and Arcane?
Technically only Arcane and Divine, but if you want it, you can keep it. I mean, Rituals are no much use to you unless you have Arcana as trained, y'know?  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:07 pm
I think the consideration is that while the rogue and ranger deal damage directly, the warlock has a lot of powers with bonus damage dependent on the target taking an offending action, or rather trading damage for status effects.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff