Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
[I] Purewalker Availability [Oyohusa says: being addressed!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:20 pm
King Inversitle
I have a question- you have to get a purewalker from scratch right? You cant curse an already owned soq and then it become a purewalker, is that correct? (only a cursed)

Yep, only cursed skinwalkers can be created from existing soquili.

Edit: Like the others said before me, sorry, didn't mean to spam. >.>;;  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:21 pm
Starie-
It's pretty damn hard to save up the credits for a pure every 6 months. Like, impossible hard, that's how many they cost. Even still! Staff -should- get a little bonus.

Still think rp contests for pures in events is a good idea.

PS, King ilu.  

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:22 pm

I absolutely agree that the spirit of the breed should be kept to. I also agree that it would be preferable for Skinwalkers, whether pure or otherwise, to be acquired in a non-custom manner that would take into account how they would be roleplayed, but the fact of the matter is that when purewalkers are available through other means to certain groups of customers, but not all of the customers, sets a bad precedent. Tell me they aren't, when they are available via staff credit and RL customs. If those options were no longer available, and events (hopefully of a roleplay nature) became the primary source for them, would you see me in here bitching about inequality? No. Would I still want more events than the... maybe once a year sort? Yes.

StarieMichie
@Samus: I do not mean to be rude with this, so please don't take it that was, but being able to get one every six months is a lot more than anyone else has a chance to get one.

@In General: I just want to see more RP contests for pures. The mention of concept contests is really cool also.
yes i know its more of a chance than anyone else. but everyone seems to think a staff can get a purewalker whenever the hell they want. xD;; i just want to make it clear that staff cant go and grab one at anytime they feel.  

samus x

Ice-Cold Cat

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Cursed Skinwalkers are those who were born normal Soquili and were made into a Skinwalker, while a Pure are those born to be one. Those are the ones with paws.  
King Inversitle
But you just said earlier that events were out of hand. Nobody is saying OMG GIVE AWAY PUREWALKERS I sense a very defensive vibe because you own one and it will lose its value and exclusivity.

I will agree with you though, and this has BOTHERED THE ******** OUT OF ME FOR A LONG TIME, that people are ******** up the breed by being ooc with them. It is sad and annoying when people rp their purewalker/regular walker even and give him a gary stue secretly a softie inside attitude. Walkers OF PURE OR CURSED regardless are supposed to be psychotic and evil. Like.. the confusion of gender role is not supposed to be their thing haha

I said events were out of hand in reference to your question about there being more mutants than pures. And yes, there are a few soq regs and more than a few soq newbies that do have that "omg give away purewalkers and all to meeee!" mentality.. the same way they do about every soq ever made. Honestly, it's because i own one that I'd like to see more out there. You know how hard it is to find an rp partner or a mate for a pure that's not related to your pure? However, I do not agree with customs as a way for them to be distributed.

I never understood people RPing skinwalkers of either type as goody-goodies, either.  

Jynk

Cuddly Krampus

StarieMichie

Unicorn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:24 pm
@Bee: Oh, I fully understand that. But being able to work and save credits for one, and knowing that you are able to get it is a lot more than what the customers are getting now.

s**t. Give me tasks to do for months and months on end, and reward me with a custom purewalker. I'd do it. I'd do it in a heartbeat considering I can never get one now unless I get lucky and get a RL slot.  
I think concept contests would be a good way to maybe appease those who have custom ideas they want. The contests would require very thoughtful concepts with legit and feasible ideas and the buyer would need to exhibit a grasp of skinwalker knowledge (skinwalkers are evil, not lovable misunderstood beasts!) You can earn your skinwalker that way.

This keeps them rare, but also holds the RPer to a certain standard.

And when I say concept contest, I don't mean a huge, drawn out to-do that takes up staff time. I mean something like the breeding slots with a thread that opens at certain times where people can submit their forms. Then maybe do a raffle from those who have concepts that fulfill the requirements and they can pay the custom price.  

JadeEye

8,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100

moineau bavarde

9,850 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
Nyx Queen of Darkness
They need to be regulated not be refused outright.

^ This.

I fail to see how auctions/staff credit/RL money purewalkers are any less prey to the Fluffycheeks problem. Spending more gold won't prevent people from having their PW behave OoC; PW regulation is probably the best bet.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:26 pm
Kamiki
I still think I can see the merit in wanting to develop a character and a design instead of having a premade.

Which is why an rp contest for a semi-custom would work. Semi is as close to custom as a pure needs to get. Otherwise, you chance too much that the breed will degrade.  

Jynk

Cuddly Krampus

samus x

Ice-Cold Cat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:26 pm
JadeEye
I think concept contests would be a good way to maybe appease those who have custom ideas they want. The contests would require very thoughtful concepts with legit and feasible ideas and the buyer would need to exhibit a grasp of skinwalker knowledge (skinwalkers are evil, not lovable misunderstood beasts!) You can earn your skinwalker that way.

This keeps them rare, but also holds the RPer to a certain standard.

And when I say concept contest, I don't mean a huge, drawn out to-do that takes up staff time. I mean something like the breeding slots with a thread that opens at certain times where people can submit their forms. Then maybe do a raffle from those who have concepts that fulfill the requirements and they can pay the custom price.
i love this idea  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:27 pm
King Inversitle
I have a question- you have to get a purewalker from scratch right? You cant curse an already owned soq and then it become a purewalker, is that correct? (only a cursed)

I think that's right. The only way to get a pure is from the start. Cursed can't become pures.  

Jynk

Cuddly Krampus

moineau bavarde

9,850 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
I agree with Samus; that's a brilliant idea Jade.  
Also re: the discussion against customs, while I personally wouldn't want to see a Hello Kitty Princess purewalker or whatever... people will still RP them the way they want to RP them, no matter if they look evil or not. Not that I APPROVE of that -- it's against the rules of the breed, they should stick to being evil -- but I'm just saying even if people aren't allowed to custom a pretty princess pure, it won't stop them from RPing a hideous foaming-at-the-mouth blood-stained purewalker as a secret softie if that's what they planned to do all along. XD  

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0

Pepzilla

Greedy Capitalist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:28 pm
Concept Contests are just about the only right way to see these given out properly and efficiently. Plus, holding them at random occasions in the year would not only be fair but also provide a stable population of pures AND policing of SW rping styles.

I may not RP Hadjoc (since I dont really regular soq anymore) But as an OC and a cursedwalker, his only purpose is to eat other horses really. He cant even speak coherently, it definitely saddens me that there arent enough feral walkers tbh. I mean its in their damn description for crying out loud xD  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff