Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
The Journey...............(A on-going story...^8^) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What would you do?
  Prepare?
  Go into Shock?
  Panic?
  Take Control?
View Results

Geista
Crew

Invisible Helper

46,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:00 am
Day 6 Late Morning around 10:00

I was still laying in my makeshift bed, "Buddy" had curled up and was making a nice warm spot next to my lower back.... emotion_bigheart :...I turned over a bit and leaned upon my elbow to see what it looked like out side.

"Rain, well cant say I didnt see that coming" sweatdrop as I remembered hearing the raindrops hitting the window and a bit of wind the other night. 3nodding

"Well, I guess I need to get up and perhaps collect some good fresh rainwater while it last" so I slowly got up and strecthed a bit.... sweatdrop "Buddy" woke up and yawned and yipped at me as he watched me decide how to collect the rainwater..... rolleyes ........ blaugh

"I quess I need a few of my containers I gathered from my old house and the ones from the house I raided before getting here"............... 3nodding

So I went and did a bit of searching................and rummaging and ...............found them!!!! rofl ......."Buddy" barked at me sharply a few times. xd

"Buddy followed me outside and to the eve's of the building where I sat the containers so they would catch the rain as it come from off the trees.............rain sounds so peaceful when there isnt any other sounds to spoil the tranquility...... emotion_kirakira

So I looked at "Buddy" and said "Well that is done now, lets go back in and listen to it rain"........he sort of did that thing dogs do sometimes where they tilt there head and look at you........... emotion_awesome emotion_awesome

I started walking back in side and he followed right behind almost underfoot. emotion_dealwithit  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:37 pm
Day 6 Middle Evening 1:25

I settled down, and was sitting cross-legged on the floor..............should have got a chair from somewhere...... sweatdrop gonk

"Buddy" lays down next to my feet and takes turns looking at me and looking outside heart and we both had fun watching ir rain and every now and again seeing birds perch and take off to other trees. emotion_awesome

Then after a few minutes of watching it rain I got bored and I am sure "Buddy" got bored as well... sweatdrop ..............I looked at him and said "Why dont we do something "Buddy?" smile

So I got up and went to my pack of stuff and got a notebook and a pencil and notebook, and walked over and sat down again. 3nodding "Buddy" watching me walking over and getting them and being lazy just laying there. sweatdrop

And I sit and draw and doodle, and sketch the outside scenery and even "Buddy" at one point............."Buddy, what do you think?" biggrin I turn it and show him and he looks with his head tilted and barks a couple of time at it. rofl

"Good, I guess thats a yes." ^8^

I raised my hand to my chin to scratch an itcn and noticed I am starting to get a beard...... sweatdrop "I need a good shave" I say to myself and rub my chin.

So I go over to my back and see what I have to use, awesome, I have an old air-loom of my Grand-parents a antique barbers knife, "I will have to be craeful using this thing, hahaha" eek sweatdrop

User Image

So I carefully take it and place it in a small rag and then wrap it in a roll to keep from cutting myself and say "Buddy, wanna watch me shave?" wink he sort of looks at me with that tilted head look and yipps and I say "Okay" biggrin

So I walk to the door and see the rain has slacked up a bit, I decide to use some of the water from the container I set out earlier to use for my shaving...............I dip my finger into the container and...............Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.. eek ............its cold. xd xd xd xd

Well it will do, would take to long to heat up, and besides cold water will keep razor burn down. 3nodding

I take the container with the water inside with me and "Buddy" of course is following me and watching and yipping every now and again. sweatdrop ............"Whats got you all in a tizzy "Buddy?" sweatdrop

I am in side the door and take the blde out and sit it on the mantle of the fireplace and go over and remove a small mirror taken from the house I searched earlier and set it up so I could us it in my shaving............."So far so good". 3nodding ................."Buddy" is still acting very animated............"What is wrong with you?" sweatdrop I say setting everything down for a moment and looking at him. sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop  

Geista
Crew

Invisible Helper

46,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Yuki_Windira

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:39 am
~sits on edge of chair~O,O  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:28 pm
Day 6 A few moments later........ 2:00

I squat down and pet "Buddy" what has gotten into you.. sweatdrop ...............then I fell it..................... gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk eek eek eek

A small shake.. surprised ..........then another one... surprised .............and then ALL H*** BREAKS LOOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! emotion_jawdrop emotion_jawdrop emotion_jawdrop and everything starts really shaking a Earthquake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0

"Buddy" hit the dirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" surprised I grab him and lay as flat and as close to the wall as I can sense a door way in this place isnt any great sturdy thing to stand in. sweatdrop

Things are falling over and the shaving kit I had on the fireplace mantle falls off and hits the floor except the mirror, "Thank God" sweatdrop I need that mirror for more than just shaving... 3nodding sweatdrop ......................

The quake lasts for what seems like forever and me and "Buddy" stay right there curled up against the wall, "Buddy" wimpering cry I am holding on "Buddy" its okay, we will be okay just a bit longer" sweatdrop and then almost as instantaneously as it had started it stopped.

Slowly and clumsily I get up and "Buddy" is right up against my legs still a bit scared, "Its okay "Buddy" 3nodding I lean over and console him and pet his head and I decide it maybe best just to sit for a moment. sweatdrop

There had always been talk since I has been little of the area having Earthquakes a long long time ago, but I had never experienced one in my whole life here in my home town before. sweatdrop

I can only imagine the damage that quake must have caused, buildings and to things that the building may have fell on sweatdrop and of course the caves in the area if they were strong enough they could have collapesed some of the cave systems and cause lots and lots of damage as thing fell right threw and into the cave systems below. crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying

"Buddy" I look at him and he is seemingly getting over his fear, "Thanks Buddy, you warned me and I was able to realize what you meant in time to be safe" 3nodding I smiled and gave him a hug. heart ................Buddy" yipped and barded at me and was happy. blaugh

I say a pray for all of the people, what few there maybe living in towns over the cave areas and as well for those who even still are in a house or such in towns nearby. 3nodding

Well I get up, and look around.. sweatdrop .............."Buddy" gives a shake like he was wet and barks at me a couple of times wagging his tail. xd xd xd xd xd ......................."Well, I suppose I will just have to do a bit of cleaning before I can shave huh "Buddy?" rolleyes I say looking down at "Buddy".........he yipps at me still wagging his tail happily. rofl rofl

So I go around and clean up where things have fallen over out of the neat stacks I had them in and the bags that tumbled and fell over emptying partially onto the floor.. emotion_bandaid .........and of course to the fireplace mantle to clean up what was my shaving kit, and got a rag and clean the water I had out to shave with up as it had splattered on the floor. sweatdrop

I got a bit more water and did my shaving being very careful with that old shaving knife.. emotion_jawdrop .............ouch, still managed to knick myself a time or two but noting serious.. sweatdrop ...............will take time to get used to that old thing. 3nodding lol

Of course as always "Buddy" is watching and waiting for me to finish with whatever it is I am doing, xd sweatdrop

"Buddy" you want something to eat a bit early?" sweatdrop I ask him and he gives me a bark and a bit of running around me in circles playfully, I guess you must be as hungry as I am to. xd 3nodding

So I go over to where I have the canned foods and open one up with my can-opener which I remove from its place in a bag, and then I look at the fireplace.. rolleyes ...............has a bit of wood still probibally needs more and a bit of tender again for a starter. 3nodding

"Buddy" is right behind me, blaugh "Well buddy lets get a bit of wood and sart us a fire so the food will be warm, what do you say?" he barks happily and paws the ground "Okay" xd

I walk over to the door and go outside it has stopped raining for the most part 3nodding and I walk over to the pile of wood I have neatly stacked against the wall of the building..............or at least it would have been neatly stacked. rolleyes

It takes a moment or two while I re-stack the wood and of course "Buddy" is behind me making all kinds of noises as I work to get everything in order. scream scream .........."Buddy" calm down!!!!!" xd

I finally get the wood re-stacked and take a few logs/ branches worth inside and set them on the hearth in front of the fireplace and then go and retrieve my fire striker from my bag. 3nodding

This time once the wood is arranged and set-up it only takes me 3 trys to get a fire going........ emotion_awesome emotion_awesome emotion_awesome ........definatly getting better at this. "Buddy" barks his approval. xd xd xd xd xd

I get a the bit of left-over veggies from yesterday out of the small cup I put them in for storage and add a little water and let "Buddy" have them to keep him satisfied till the food is done. sweatdrop 3nodding

Then after about 30 or 45 minutes the food is ready and...............very hot. eek I almost scalded myself. sweatdrop emotion_bandaid

"Buddy" and me have some nice warm veggies and a bit of that beef jerky from my other bag and and take time to eat and be happy. 3nodding  

Geista
Crew

Invisible Helper

46,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Geista
Crew

Invisible Helper

46,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:44 pm
Day 6 getting dark 4:45

"Buddy" and I had finished eating and had gotten ready for sleep, I prepared my bed as usual and "Buddy" had decided that his place was always going to be at the center of my back once I laid down to sleep.

I had a drink of water, luckily my water clean apparatus was doing well and had produced about or around 3 or 4 cups of clean water blaugh blaugh 3nodding ...........which had tasted decent enough sweatdrop and with a bit of watching and waiting had not made me sick in the slightest. rofl rofl

So I had a safe and decent way to clean water to a degree if I tried not to over-do-it on water consumption. 3nodding

Also, had made one last somewhat important decision today 3nodding "Buddy" would always go where I went no matter what if he can save me like he did earlier today he will likely be a good dog and keep me safe for as long as he and I stay together. heart 3nodding

So I had my water and poured a bit out for "Buddy" into his eating and drinking bowl and laid down to sleep, "Buddy" had a little drink lapping happily at the water xd blaugh then came over and laid down against my back and curled right up and went to sleep soon I followed. heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:24 pm
Day 7 Morning around 8:00 (End of First Week)

I wake up and buddy is already moved away from his spot against my back. emo crying

I look around as I turn over on to my back and see him looking out the door emotion_c8 and I turn back over and see if I can tell what he is looking at. emotion_awesome

I see that the river is much higher now.... eek ... eek ......MUCH HIGHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get up quickly and put some clothes on gonk and let "Buddy" out and we go to the river to see if it is an emergency of the sorts that will require us to move. surprised

"Buddy" and me both get to the river side and see how high the water has risen, emotion_sweatdrop emotion_sweatdrop emotion_sweatdrop SPLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! emotion_sweatdrop emotion_sweatdrop emotion_sweatdrop "Buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" emotion_0A0

"Dont have to jump in you know, sweatdrop I dont want to have to come out there and save you." rolleyes

I stood and though for a second, stare "What could have made the river rise to such a high level?" sweatdrop

It had risen at least a good 5 or 6 feet since yesterday and that was just a low estimate. surprised

Then it hit me all at once, "The Dam" eek the dam up-river must have been damaged by the earthquake the other day and it is spilling into the river system and making all the area flood more so. sweatdrop eek

"I hope the river doesnt go much high or I may have to move and go to my Plan-B place of refuge if it is necessary." I think to myself.

"Buddy" apparently tired of swimming comes out of the water and walks up right beside me and starts to shake the water off. stressed scream

"BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" scream scream scream DONT DO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stressed stressed stressed stressed stressed stressed stressed stressed  

Geista
Crew

Invisible Helper

46,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Geista
Crew

Invisible Helper

46,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:25 pm
Day 7 close to mid-day 11:15

I went in after being soaked by "Buddy" and dried off, xd rolleyes and tried to think of a plan. stare

I though to myself "If the river gets a lot higher I will have to move or everything that I do have and managed to save for use will be ruined or damaged and I might be injured to depending on how high the river gets" stare

As I sat and though, "Buddy" came in and sat down at my feet and watched me intenetly like he understood I was deep in though. whee rolleyes

I decided in the end to leave the door just cracked open enough for "Buddy" to be able to go outside, my thoughts being that if "Buddy" saw the river was getting so high likely he would come and wake me up and bother me till I got up leading to me at least being able to get away safely possibly if he got to me in enough time that would allow me to save part of or all of my supplies.

"I guess that will work, what do you think "Buddy" I said as I had spoken my thoughs out-loud as I had formulated my plan for what might and could happen. stare

"Buddy" like always looks at me with that head tilted sort of look biggrin and barked and yipped at me, "Good" I said idea accepted. xd

I then realized it had been a whole week since I had started out on my journey and new life today, "Buddy, I think this calls for a little celebration". emotion_dealwithit

"Buddy" yipped and barked at me and did little circles around me. emotion_awesome

I went over to our food and got out some beef jerky and split two of them open and gave one whole one to "Buddy" which he started immediately chewing on and as well I started working on mine as well. emotion_omnomnom

We both finished eating our little celebration snack, emotion_omnomnom and I decided to actually pack anything absolutely not needed or super valuable ( Including things that could be water damaged) back into the car and that way if we did have to leave quickly at least the most important things would already be hand and safe. 3nodding

So I got busy and "Buddy" watched and played a bit around me and barked and yipped at me as I loaded things from bags up to smaller items back into the car as neatly as I could. sweatdrop xd

Finally after a few moments I had what I wanted loaded, and I sat down and "Buddy" came over and licked my hand heart so I patted his head and said "Well at least that much is safe just in cases we have to make for the Hills." sweatdrop

It came to my mind in a instant what I had forgotten to pack, "TP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" rolleyes xd I need to pack up any extra TP out of the nearby restrooms and out houses except for what I could use up till any event that would force me to leave. 3nodding

"Buddy" of course saw me get startled a bit when I had that though" and was watching me with that side-ways tilted head look.... rolleyes .... rolleyes

"Its okay "Buddy" blaugh I just remembered something very important I need to do right now" and "Buddy" barked at me happily and started to follow me around as I went outside and gathered the other perishables from the area.

And of course in the course of my little walk around we met animals that had moved out of the forested areas nearby by the flooding and Earthquake of the last few days....... eek .....deer.. sweatdrop ..possums....... surprised ....birds flying and making noises in the trees............and many other woodland creature were about as we made our rounds to the out house threw the area that I could reach and safely get back to camp before dark in time. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:38 pm
Day 8 just after 4:45

I had just gotten back after my walking around gathering supplies from all of the rest areas and other small buildings and luckily it was just getting so dark you couldnt see as I was loading things into my car and making sure everything was secure. 3nodding

"Buddy" as ever was yipping and having fun as I did all these loading and as well making a pest of himself. xd rolleyes

I make absolutely sure all things that will be destroyed by water and dampness are stowed away high in the car as I can place them, 3nodding and as well any things like matches and fire-starting equipment and supplies are put in as water-proof a container as I can scrounge up. 3nodding

After making a final check of the car to make sure everything is ready for a hasty retreat, rolleyes I think to myself "I might need to go see how high the river is right now while I am at it." 3nodding

So I went to the bank of the river to see how high it was at the moment, "Buddy" right behind me as I went. 3nodding ..........Still rather high, though not perhaps as high as earlier if my eyes are not playing tricks on me. sweatdrop

"Pehaps this is a Good Sign" I say off-handed way to "Buddy"

He looks at me with ever the tilted-head look like he doesnt understand, rolleyes "Okay "Buddy" lets go inside and get ready for bed".. 3nodding ..............."DONT GET IN THAT WATER OR YOU WILL STAY OUTSIDE ALL NIGHT TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" scream scream scream scream scream scream scream

I turn and go inside and get ready for bed, "Buddy" thankfully comes in with me after a glance at the river and then back at me. twisted

And I set-up my bed and have one last bit of water, emotion_sweatdrop I lay down after turning off the lights and saying a small prayer for those caught in the destruction that must have happened with that earlier Earthquake and its damage to the area. 3nodding stare

"Buddy" curls up in his spot against my back heart and we both go to sleep, the sound of the river flowing rapidly outside the cracked door as we drift off. emotion_zzz  

Geista
Crew

Invisible Helper

46,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Geista
Crew

Invisible Helper

46,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:13 am
Day 9 Morning 9:00

I wake with a start. eek ..................I hear rushing. eek .........a lot of rushing water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eek eek eek eek eek

I jump up and go to the door to see if there is still time to pack-up and get for the hills. gonk ...................then I see.............."Buddy" make a mess in the river. scream scream scream scream

The river is still high, but only marginally, so for all intents and purposes I will continue to watch it but I would say I wont have to move away anytime soon.. 3nodding .............I am going to kill you "Buddy" rolleyes I yell at him as he spots me and swims from about middle of the swollen river and makes his way for me. xd

I go back in and get some clothes on and about as soon as I had my pants and a pair of shoes on he "Buddy" was in the middle of everything being a puppy of course rofl seeking affection and some playtime with me, so I indulged him a bit heart and pet him and got him a bite to eat while I finshed getting ready for some outside work.

I got ready and went outside and checked my water still emotion_sweatdrop which I had been checking on and off as time allowed threw out the days and such gathering what water I could from it for extra water to drink and use. 3nodding

Gathered about 3 cups of water from it and buttoned it back down after going to the river and filling it back up again with more water to evaporate. 3nodding  
§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games