Welcome to Gaia! ::

Circle of Nine

Back to Guilds

A tightly-wound RPing haven for the Guardians of the True Role-Play...the Circle of Nine! 

Tags: small, friendly, literate, awesome, pie=good 

Reply Role-Playing--Boneyard
Battles of the Planeswalkers (Open/Accepting) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Strider Wolfheart
Crew

Beloved Seeker

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:50 pm
Gatekeeper had his armor and turned to take Karisa back when he was slapped across the face. He staggered back and looked at Karisa.

"Coward! Your content to just sit there on that bridge and do nothing! You are the worst kind of coward. You have the power to change things but choose not to." Karisa walked around him and went to Eternity. "I shall help you."

Gatekeeper's mind went back to a life and a half ago, when the world was young and life was good, and when he wasn't Gatekeeper. He had a wife, a child, and a family. He heard her voice in his head even now.

"Why won't you act? That boy needs you!" She said.

"I cannot, you know that. It is not my jurisdiction. I am a 5th grade Junior Gate Keeper. I can't interfere." Gatekeeper said.

She slapped him and went into the circle where the boy was being held hostage by a thief. "Let him go!" She took two steps when a lightning bolt smacked her directly in the chest.

Gatekeeper watched as his wife fell. He sprung forward but his contract sprung forth and wracked his body with pain to where he couldn't move. He fell over as other gate keepers came and stopped the man and saved the boy, but his wife was already dead. It had been a suicide mission from the start.

Suddenly Gatekeeper came out of his trance. He turned to face his new aquatints. "Stop. I shall help you. But I can only do so a certain way. Girl, come here."

Karisa stood. A new youth seemed to spring forth from the gate keeper. She went to the elf or elemental and stood in front of him. "Yes?"

"First off your name." Gatekeeper's eyes seemed to be burning a fiery green color.

She had been staring at his eyes when she snapped out of it. "Uh, Karisa." She blurted out.

"Karisa, I am..." Gatekeeper strained to remember his name but it escaped him. "You may call me Gatekeeper. There is only one way to help you. I must make a soul contract with you." Gatekeeper saw the sudden fear flash through her. "Do not fear Karisa, it is only temporary. The terms of this contract shall be so: I shall aid you and your two companions in their quest and in return when my side has been completed you shall return with me to Korso to face your punishment for escaping the city with no documents. If I should fall during this quest then the contract shall be void because I shall not have finished my part of our agreement. Understand this as well. If my end of the contract is met and you do not meet your end you shall die. Do you understand and agree to these terms?"

Karisa thought for a moment. "Yes, I agree."

"Very well. Let it be said that on this day a soul contract be made." Gatekeeper began to write letters of the same ancient script in the air. At first nothing was seen except him waving his hands with his pointer finger extended, then suddenly the letters began to appear. He was making writing in the shape of her body. The letters ran and melded together and slowly began to swirl and twist. The air became heavier and heavier with each word written. Then in a flash Gatekeeper thrust his arm through the almost solid mass of green and wrote a symbol on Karisa's forehead much like his. The mass of green funneled around Gatekeepers hand and poured into the symbol. Gatekeeper was now speaking in ana ancient language the Karisa slowly came to understand. "Heru mai seinel hath nersh. Shall thy soul be clad in a binding seal. Thou is destined to do they biding and do they will. It is in this bond that we all may be governed. Now shall thee fly, now shall thee grow, now shall thee become strong. Bind they will and bind they soul, bind thy mind with steel and stone. You are mine and I am yours. Now were bound by blood and bone!" A large flash blinded all and a crack was heard. Slowly the light receded from the new seal on Karisa's forehead and she dropped to the ground. Gatekeeper dropped to one knee. "The contract has been made." Gatekeeper panted as if he had been doing heavy labor. "Old magic forged by the elves of ancient times." Gatekeeper now stood and addressed his new companions. "I shall help you."

Geblin did as he was told and went through the portal. He began to weave his magic together to form molten steel from the surrounding mountains. He clasped each rope of molten steel to the new towers and he melded then into duel spiraling shapes with prongs extending from the inside all the way to the center of the pentacle. He did this for each tower as Mourner shaped the new citadel around his steel. Soon each spiral tube was made and he placed a small stone in the center and made a small sphere around it that would hold it in place. Then he made five holes in the sphere that corresponded with each of his new tubes. Then with a sudden great churning sound a stream of each color poured into the new battery. The stone would spin and grow into a translucent orb of all five colors. Then Geblin made a tall spiral tube leading up. He then made a stair leading up the span of the spiral and placing spikes leading to the spiral held up the spiral as well. He then waited for Mourner to complete the tallest tower to make the final hole in the mana battery.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:22 pm
Morlock awoke from his slumber when he felt the biggest ripples he have ever felt in the mana pool. He looked up and saw that some huge structure was being made on the mountains close to his swamp. He decided he would go check it out and see who could be this powerful as to do this.  

Mr_BlueCamo
Crew

Silas Parrish
Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:27 pm
Mourner did not lift a hand, or turn his head at all. His eyes alone moved toward the site of his new stronghold. Great multicolored swirls of Mana churned and intertwined as he guided them into summoning forth raw materials for the goblin to use in his construction. Once the last of the Spires took full shape, Mourner began building a great fortress around the central Spire, which drew and channeled power from the surrounding five. After a few hours, a great black castle began to take shape, a blight on the pristine Lorwyn landscape. Mourner nearly smiled at the thought. Nearly.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:38 pm
Seeing that the main spire had been made Geblin made the top openeing in the mana battery. Suddenly a multi-colored stream of mana went straight to the top of the tower. The mist of mana seemed to seep into the very stones themselves and the black rocks began to sheen in several different colors. Geblin breathed in and out. "Ahhh, nothing like the feeling of ultimate power."  

Strider Wolfheart
Crew

Beloved Seeker

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

Silas Parrish
Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:42 pm
"Very well," Eternity said gratefully. "First of all, we must find out what we can about outsiders to this plane. That planeswalker was clearly not of Lorwyn. I would venture to say that he is from Shadowmoor...but we have seen neither hide nor hair of that place for some centuries. Not only that...but this man seems to be different. Somehow, he's even more frightening than anything I've ever encountered in Shadowmoor. I don't like it," the Fae woman said, casting a cautious eye on the Gatekeeper. "I dare not bother with the bureaucratic ways of elf-kind, I'm afraid. In my current condition, I fear that they might see me as an Eyeblight," she joked, mirth touching her eyes for the first time that day.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:09 pm
"Unfortunately you may not be far from the truth. Of late the elf council is very paranoid. They wouldn't have even allowed you access to them. As for the Planeswalkers. If what you say is true then we are not yet prepared to face them. We may be strong but we are no planeswalkers. Planeswalkers are always cunning but intellegent, but most of all powerful. First we must seek council. But not from an elf one." Gatekeeper seemed to smile. "We shall go to the Obelisk of Alara, tower of creation. There we shall find Progenitus. The ancient of all things."  

Strider Wolfheart
Crew

Beloved Seeker

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

Orcus Fieres
Crew

Aged Genius

3,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:28 pm
The destruction of his very plain of existence scared Orcus but he also realized that that would be the power that destroyed the elves. "I see, I prefer to make them pay before death though. Blood money is better than no money." Of course, he realized that he was talking to himself at this point but he just smirked as he walked about the portal and then into it.

The giant waves of mana coming from the ground shocked Orcus but as soon as he was able to stand firm he noticed a regenerative energy from one of the pillars. It was a mana battery. "That is amazing." Orcus wasn't sure what to think of it. "I feel as if I can almost see again." The only words that spilled from his mouth meant nothing when compared to the amazement he felt at the moment.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:38 pm
Geblin saw and heard the elf. "Oh so you like Geblin's mana battery, yes? I invent it, yes. Master Mourner had trouble harnessing the energy from his pillars so I made the design for his castle to better suit his needs. The pillars bring in mana, the battery draws it in, then it expulses it into the highest chamber in the form of Prismatic Mana. Mana that contains all five colors. Very sophisticated, very powerful, yes." Geblin went up the steps that led to the top. "Follow me, I show you Prismatic Mana, yes?"  

Strider Wolfheart
Crew

Beloved Seeker

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

Silas Parrish
Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:46 pm
((Good stuff! You guys go ahead the way you're going. The wife wants a quick L4D campaign before bed. You have permission to puppeteer Eternity, but leave Mourner to stand and stare moodily at his work. =3 ))  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:52 pm
Cilius was puzzled at this Progenitus that Gatekeeper was talking about. "Is this Progenitus a person that will help us?" She asked Gatekeeper.

Morlock got all the way to where the mystical fortress was on the mountain and there stood a creature that like a elf but was not an elf. "Hey what is going on here?" He asked the strange creature.  

Mr_BlueCamo
Crew

Orcus Fieres
Crew

Aged Genius

3,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:07 pm
Orcus nodded eagerly and walked up behind the goblin. He had never heard of such an amazing device or the exponential possibilities of having it. Orcus was baffled by the idea but he understood how it might work. "So you're master, Mourner is what you called him? He can harness all types of mana's?" Orcus asked after thinking about what the goblin had just said. "That seems impossible. A man would go crazy under those circumstances."

Orcus began getting dizzy. He stopped a moment and closed his eyes. He rubbed them and shook his head gently. Orcus than began seeing some sort of outline in front of him. "What magic are you using, Goblin?" Orcus asked so that he might know how it was that he was able to see the Goblin. The shape then became more defined as he followed. It seemed like a rainbow spun around the shape of a man. "Can you harness all the powers as well? You seem to be using some kind of magic." Orcus blinked quickly and looked around. The energy was so powerful that it was bouncing off of objects and making them appear before Orcus' blind eyes. "This is impossible." Orcus looked up a the goblin. "How is it that I see all this?"  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:11 pm
Gatekeeper laughed. "Progenitus is no person. He is the heart of the world itself, an avatar, a god. Progenitus is a massive hydra with immense power. I have known him a long time. It was he who taught the races of the world how to use mana. He may help us or he may destroy us where we stand. It is unknown. But i believe he feels the presence of these outsiders and shall be generous to our cause." Gatekeeper was about to turn in the direction of the way but remembered he had left all of his equipment back at the city. "Though before we leave i shall have to grab provisions back at Korso." He went to Eternity and wrote another seal onto her hand. "Normally these would only be allowed to elves from seperate tribes wishing to gain access for one day, so i was not able to give these to you before." Gatekeeper then wrote one on Cilius' hand. "But these shall allow you entrance for awhile as I get prepared. You shall only be allowed to the first teir of the city, so you can't see the council but you can get provisions for yourselves as well." Gatekeeper then went to Karisa. He picked her up. "Though one of you shall have to stay with this young girl. She shall be unconscious still for some time. Now come, we shall go to Korso." With that Gatekeeper turned and headed towards the city.

"Ah, you see Geblin? I don't use all five colors, only red. What you are seeing is the mana streaming out of the battery. Beautiful is it not? You see mana with your blind eyes and the mana of the battery covers all things inside of this Citadel. Even your blind eyes can see inside of this tower." Geblin continued his climb up the stairs. "But perhaps he is mad. He never seems to have any emotions except the need to destroy. I found him in my own realm just as you have. After showing my skill to him he accepted me as an ally. That was when he kill me. Mourner is a user of all colors so he built spires that conducted each color to them and i made a battery that harnessed their energy. It is that simple, though making the spires and stone that collects the energy is very complicated and long." Geblin finally stepped out to the very top of the tower. "Here we are, Orcus was it? You should be able to see the landscape through the window also. A reflection through the glass. Though that would look like a painting to your eyes."  

Strider Wolfheart
Crew

Beloved Seeker

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

Orcus Fieres
Crew

Aged Genius

3,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:41 pm
Orcus turned to see a window and as he looked through it, the echoes of shapes became apparent. He had seen a few of these before. The trees showed themselves to him so much more vividly than they did before. "It's even better than what I had imagined. The beauty of this world is infinite isn't it?" Orcus' smile faded. "It's almost saddening to think that those damned elves keep all of the inhabitants down. My father was the only one that ever cared for someone like me. He was the only one who I cared died and it was him that died before those whom I cared not for." Orcus changed the subject as something above caught his eye. "Those floaty, bubbly things in the open air. What are those?" He had never known a cloud before today. Orcus had never looked to the sky in all his days, he just imagined it as more canopies.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:45 pm
((about to get my elf into this he is going to be in this city but this might be all that i post tonight so dont get too far ahead))

Cilius was amazed hearing this for the first time she actually thought that her queen Oona was the creator. "Well okay then you get your belongings Gatekeeper. I am going to see what they have in this city." Eternity you don't mind if you watch Karisa, do you?"

Eternity looked at Karisa then said, "Yes, I'll watch over her."

Cilius then said, "Okay I'll be back in a lit bit." She then went into the town in search for something that was even a mystery to herself.

Mr_BlueCamo
Crew

Strider Wolfheart
Crew

Beloved Seeker

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:51 pm
((That's fine. I shall wait for you. Silas will be on later so don't be surprised if we get a bit too far lol))

"Those are clouds my friend. They aren't bubbles but are large bodies of water grouped together into large fluffly looking pillows of white." Geblin was gleeful at his new friends emotions. "Must be very foreign to your eyes. The world is not just one forest but large ranging areas. Wait until the world turns the suns towards this window. Then you shall have a real treat." Geblin went to a the far wall and carved a throne out of the wall that Mourner had set for the purpose. "Now I must finish the detail parts of the spire. many things must I make, many things, yes. You may stay here if you wish, you do not need me to show you the way any more. You have vision now." Geblin walked away towards the stair case in the center of the room. "Come find me when your ready to do some work with the landscape. I teach you some things." Geblin went down the spiral stair case and made torches along the wall out of steel and set fire to them as he went.

"Very well, come." Gatekeeper placed Karisa next to Eternity. "Keep her safe, should she die as would I." Gatekeeper turned and followed Cilius towards the city. He quickly came to the bridge and began to walk towards the gates. Inside would be a store house gaurded by a Junior gate keeper. He went to the gate shown his contract seal and the gate creaked open. "Remember you do not have very long inside so be hasty." He turned towards the store house and again showed the contract seal to the Junior. The Junior saluted and stepped aside. Gatekeeper went inside. Inside were an assortment of weapons, equipment, armor, shields, rope, explosives, bows, and much more. He went to another door on the back of the wall and placed his forehead upon it. His contract became visible and the door opened. Inside were weapons of legendary making. He picked up only three though. Deathrender, Tatsumasa, the Dragon's Fang, and, his greatest treasure, Kaldra's Sword. He placed Tatsumasa on his left side, Deathrender on his back, and Kaldra's Sword on his right side. He went back to the main store room and picked up a Leonion Scimitar and an Ensouled Scimitar which he placed along the bottom of his back on his belt. He then picked up three Razor Boomerangs, placing them in a pouch on his belt, an Accorder's Shield, which he placed on his back along Deathrender, and three pyrite spellbombs that went into a different pouch. He then picked up a pack from a shelf and was about to pick up the rope when he noticed a small brown box. He went to it and placed it inside of one of the smaller pouched i the pack and went back to filling the pack. He placed rope, Holy Wine, Healing Salve, Quicksilver water, Magebane Armor, a Blazing Torch, a Trusty Machete, a Darksteel Axe, two Bladed Piions, and lastly a Grappling Hook. He nodded at his equipment and lifted the heavy pack over his shoulder. It wasn't too heavy so Gatekeeper picked up his Bonespliter and exited the store room. He made a note and passed it to the Junior to give to the higher ups. With that he exited the gate to wait for Cilius at their previous location.  
Role-Playing--Boneyard

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff