Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
Them darn kids now'days Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kids today?
Better?
10%
 10%  [ 30 ]
Worse?
43%
 43%  [ 127 ]
Kids in my day....
12%
 12%  [ 36 ]
Is there soup today?
15%
 15%  [ 45 ]
Wanders off......
19%
 19%  [ 56 ]
Total Votes : 294

Marty Nozz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:20 am
Harbone
And you know what else these kids nowadays don't appreciate?
Hunting. When's the last time you met a kid who could tell the difference between buck shot and bird shot? You tell me that!
Damned neighbor kids are going to figure out the difference between bird shot and rock salt if I catch them dropping trash in my year again.

I still got a make on my thigh from cutting through the farmer's field as a kid and him lighting my a** up with some rock salt.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:26 pm
Not all of us necessarily want to whack our kids around; however, there's nothing wrong with giving a good smack when they don't behave. Kids today have learned that parents have lost the right to make them behave.

Back in the day we listened, not so much cuz our folks spanked us, but because we knew they could ~ and we'd most likely have deserved it! When the big guy beyond the stars said, "Spare the rod, spoil the child", he wasn't referring to the damn car! pirate  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Marty Nozz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:30 am
My brother tried that little stunt when he was a kid. "I'm going to do what I want and if you spank me I'll call the police."

My dad looked at him calmly, "Good, tell them to hurry. There'll be a strange smell coming from the garage for them to investigate and one missing child."  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:19 am
Lil Brat
Not all of us necessarily want to whack our kids around; however, there's nothing wrong with giving a good smack when they don't behave. Kids today have learned that parents have lost the right to make them behave.

Back in the day we listened, not so much cuz our folks spanked us, but because we knew they could ~ and we'd most likely have deserved it! When the big guy beyond the stars said, "Spare the rod, spoil the child", he wasn't referring to the damn car! pirate

Losing the right to make kids behave is very true. Now a parent's job is trying how to teach the children and how to punish them when they do wrong or get out of hand with out putting a hand on them, making sure you don't show anger when you do punish them, doing it in a positive way, don't let anyone else see you punishing them (even if you do it in the best way someone else will see it as wrong), and don't forget to show them kindness while you punish them.  

Lil-Jo
Crew

jellysundae

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:12 pm
stressed  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:14 pm
And when it all fails - the parent will be liable for the damage... but dun smack the little beast, it will harm his self-esteem. No wonder there are so many little egomaniacs out there these days! talk2hand  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

CosmicHedgehog

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:47 pm
Lil Brat
And when it all fails - the parent will be liable for the damage... but dun smack the little beast, it will harm his self-esteem. No wonder there are so many little egomaniacs out there these days! talk2hand

LOL... yeah, that about sums it up. Looking back, I only got 3 spankings as a child. But the threat that they were a possibility did make me think about stuff I did.

I don't have kids, but they are still a possibility (my biological clock is ticking like the crocodile in peter pan some days), and they way some kids act now-a-days makes me wonder if I really do want them. Some of them are such self absorbed manical little snots, that they nearly put me off the idea.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not pro-child abuse, but my little bum got swatted a couple of times in my formative years and I turned out okay. My ego is intact, and in-check wink , I'm not a mass murdered, I've never assalted anyone (unless they asked nicely, and leather goods and/or latex was involved, but that's another subject entirely sweatdrop ).  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:53 am
Oh piffle. I'm all for child abuse. Beat your kids! Beat 'em. Because if you don't, the cops will later.  

Marty Nozz

Lil-Jo
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:14 am
soooooooo......... very true  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:14 pm
i'm slightly ashamed to admit that one of the reasons i'm put off having children is other people's children redface  

jellysundae

CosmicHedgehog

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:15 pm
ANd while I'm thinking of it, when did they stop making little girls clothes look like little girl's clothes? Why should a 6 year old look like a protitute or a crack whore? My god daughter is 6, and her parents are having a horrible time trying to pants that aren't really low-rise hip huggers, and bathing suits that aren't cut high on legs and nearly thongs in back. I don't really see why the current retro-hoochie look has to extend to girls whose age is in single digits. Other than the school uniform, it's hard to find a happy medium between cheap and sleazy, and total geekdom

Okay, that's my off topic rant for the day.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:13 pm
One of the reasons my wife and I don't want kids is other people's parents. (Specifically gamer parents.) We have a lot of friends with kids and all of those chill'uns is MESSED UP. * And now it turns out you gotta beat your kid to make 'em good? Well, no way I can raise any kiddies of my own. I'm pretty much hellbound and I'm not takin' no babies with me if I can help it!

Speaking of which, doesn't hell seem kind of pathetic nowadays? I mean, in MY Day, demons from the firey pit couldn't be offed with an automatic shotgun and a floating, gently rotating reload cartridge. Come to think of it, they couldn't go from being a groggy demon prince named Laharl to, what, Lord of Heaven Hell and Everything Inbetween. It just wasn't done.

*I should point out that I feel that all the kids of those in the geezer guild are probably just fine.  

Harbone
Crew

Marty Nozz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:19 am
Hey, people want to do know why I'm not a teacher since I've got an English degree. I say "I am a teacher, a karate teacher." Kid gives me lip, "Drop and give me 20." Wants to keep being a little twerp? "Make it 50, on your knuckles." I love my kids, but they have to have the notion planted that you will kill them. Keeps order in the ranks, cuts down on the whining.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:08 am
I was in Belfast this week on business. This coincided with the International Irish Dancing festival, which meant the hotel was full of children. Running up and down the corridors, talking etc. Thank heavens they shut up around 10.30pm. In *my* day our parents made us behave in hotels and not cause a nuisance to other residents.

Then at the airport, waiting for luggage to come back, there're a couple of little kids, say about 6 years old, standing right by the luggage carousel and basically playing with it. Did they move out of the way when people were trying to pick up their luggage? No. Did their parents tell them to get the hell out of the way? No. I told my colleague when he was lifting suitcases over their heads that he should have taken good care to clunk them both on the way....

Meanwhile, another kid, about 12 years old, shoulders past me without so much as an excuse me or a by your leave. And does the same thing on the way back away from the carousel. I should have tripped him...

Bloody kids, I hate them all!

/end rant

DW  

Warnersister

Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items