Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fifth Year Classes
Alchemy III ~ (1/5) Open! (Desires of an Alchemist) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:59 pm
Ravenclaw Head of House
Professor of Alchemy

..............Ravenclaw
"The cycle of life only goes one direction,
not even alchemy can change that."

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Second Lesson: Famous Alchemists in History
╚══════════════╝

Professor Angel of House Ravenclaw stood from his perched position behind his tidy desk once his students had entered the classroom, at once, he bounded around the edge of his desk more than enthusiastic to begin the day. As the students settled themselves within their seats, he casually withdrew his wand and offered a simple flick of the wrist. The motionless chalk nestled beside the board jumped with a sudden shock and began to write.

”Quite possibly the most famous alchemists in history are written on the board. For house points, can anyone give me any examples as to what contributions these historical figures had made to alchemy?”

Quote:
Dzou Yen (fl. 4th century B.C.)
Nicolas Flamel (c. 1327—c. 1992)
Paracelsus (1493—1541)
Albus Dumbledore (1881—1997)

Juan Angel Amorocho
User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:36 pm
User Image███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███

Chase Henrick

███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███

Ravenclaw || Fifth Year || Chaser || Prefect || My Love

Chase just took notes on this. Dzou Yen. Wrecking through his mind, he could only amass a couple key points. "Dzou Yen was a polymath from ancient China commonly associated with Daoism. He contributed to the Five Elements theory and the concept of Yin and Yang." The two ideas Chase was only briefly familiar with, so he didn't share the minute details of them.

I know I just need to try, no matter the result. Try again and again, until I get it right.

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 4:19 pm
User Image
User Image

Amanda scanned over the names on the board. "Nicolas Flamel. He created the Philosopher's Stone which produces the Elixir of Life as well as turning any metal into gold," she explained. This was the only person and fact she could remember learning. This, she learned in A History of Magic a while back.

==== ☠ ====

Format by Diamond_Wales

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:23 pm
❝And all the roads we have to walk are winding; And all the lights that lead us there are blinding❞

❝There are many things that I would like to say to you, but I don't know how❞

❝Because maybe, you're gonna be the one that saves me; And after all, you're my wonderwall❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Hᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ Sᴛᴇᴠɪᴀ Hᴀᴡᴛʜᴏʀɴ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
User Image
▬▬▬ Fɪғᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ ▬▬▬ Hᴜғғʟᴇᴘᴜғғ ▬▬▬ Hᴀʟғʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ▬▬▬
▬▬▬ Bᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ ▬▬▬ Qᴜɪᴅᴅɪᴛᴄʜ Cᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ ▬▬▬
▬▬▬ Jᴜsᴛ Mᴇ Aɴᴅ Mʏ Lᴏᴠᴇ ▬▬▬

❝Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to you
By now you should've somehow realized what you gotta do
I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ wrote down the names on the board, as well as Amanda's and Chase's answers. Then, she looked up from her parchment to fill in the missing information. "Paracelsus discovered Parseltongue, and was an amazing physician and did wonderful things in the field of medicine. And Albus Dumbledore assisted Nicolas Flamel in creating the Philosopher's Stone. He also discovered the twelve uses of dragon blood." she said, writing down her own answers on her parchment. She felt odd being the only one to give two answers, but... who else was going to do it?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❝Backbeat, the word was on the street that the fire in your heart is out
I'm sure you've heard it all before but you never really had a doubt

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:56 am
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Third Lesson: Expono Spell
╚══════════════╝

As the professor of alchemy entered the classroom, he ushered a simple wave of his wand to create a flutter of his handwriting to appear on the chalkboard at the front of the class. Striding diligently across the rows of desks and chairs, Angel reached the front of his class and turned to meet his students. ”Welcome back class, today, we’re going to review the desires of an alchemist during the boom of the renaissance. Now, during the renaissance era is when the height of a prolonged lifestyle sparked birth, along with the desire to be rich and famous. So, of course, there had always been a search for a stone which could convert ordinary metals to gold, immortality for the spirit and soul, and the creation of artificial life.

“Now, unbeknownst to many alchemists, the true reasons behind the study of alchemy was not only for science, but for spiritual ambition as well. Alchemists believe that there is a quintessence, where the Above can be created in the Below, thus, heaven on earth in spirit and mind. So, with that in mind, there was only a very small percentage of alchemists true to the ideal of discovering the truth of alchemy, which is why in ancient texts, it can be impossible to discern which ingredients is being used because of the basic, generic terms used for each items.

“All of this was to dissuade the callous and greedy of heart from discovering the truths behind alchemy, and it’s because of those wizards that we have spells like Expono to help identify what type of man you may be dealing with during experiments and such,

“Also, during that era, alchemists had branched off on their own study of branch of magic, transmutations, which is essentially exactly like transfigurations, the only difference is that these spells were created during alchemists during the peak of their research to recieve the name, although it has becoming rarer and rarer to hear the word transmutation over transfiguration….

“Anyway, this spell is quite exhausting and requires a keen sense of mind, but the wand movements and pronunciation are quite simple in comparison. A simple and gentle tap on the temple with your wand, and then guide the tip down the towards the heart as you recite the incantation, ex-poe-NU.

The trick is to imagine yourself in the darkness, you can't see who your facing, but you know they're there, so use every bit of information you've ever seen or heard from them to help shift their body into the form that best represents their motives, their ambition in life, the animal, the color, the feeling that best describes them. All of this, will lead you to an illusion cast over the victim that's intricately tied to the one who cast the spell. It's always hard to decipher the meaning of these illusions, for now, you'll feel it well enough in your guts...

"Now, group up and, taking turns, give it a go…”

Quote:

Name of the spell: Expono
Pronunciation of the spell: EX-poe-nu
Meaning behind the name: Expono is Latin for exposed
Effects of the spell: This spell transfigures the effected wizard to form into a version of their true selves, which is only applicable upon certain wizards depending upon if that wizard has cast themselves behind a mask. Works well with emotional and spiritual means.
Wand movements: Gently tap the tip of the wand against the wizard’s temple, and then guide the wand towards the heart while reciting the incantation.
Is there a distance requirement?: Must be in immediate distance
Are the effects lasting?: Only for several minutes
Anything else?: Spell works best upon the sleeping, or the unexpected (often does not work at all.) Often portrays the victim in different lights, different colors, and illusions of animalistic silhouettes which can all mean different things depending on the wizard casting the spell

Juan Angel Amorocho

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:27 pm
User Image
User Image

Amanda turned to look at her classmates. Who to pair up with? she wondered as she eyed each individual. Heather Hawthorn was a Hufflepuff, and like most Hufflepuff students, if not all, the girl annoyed her. The only Hufflepuff Amanda could live in harmony with was her sister, and even they had their problems and arguments. Chase Henrick seemed alright. Heck, he was even a fellow chaser. However, he would probably end up partnering with Heather. Aren't they dating? she wondered vaguely, eying the Hufflepuff girl again. That left Shina Kiremono. She was fine. Actually, the two got along well enough. They ran into each other at Diagon Alley a few years back, and the Ravenclaw gave the blonde some good advice on which broomstick to purchase.

==== ☠ ====

Format by Diamond_Wales

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:59 am
User Image███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███

Chase Henrick

███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███

Ravenclaw || Fifth Year || Chaser || Prefect || My Love

Transfiguration and transmutation. Seems complicated, and considering Chase's history with transfiguration, getting the spell right may take a couple tries. Hopefully, nothing will go wrong. "Heather, would you like to pair up with me?" The Ravenclaw asked his girlfriend.

I know I just need to try, no matter the result. Try again and again, until I get it right.

heather030595

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:55 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw Head of House

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Third Lesson: Expono Spell
╚══════════════╝

Curious eyes glazed over the classroom as the students milled around slowly, seemingly not too enthused with the lesson. A curious brow was cocked as he reclined against the edge of his desk to watch his students from afar. ”If you ever need any help, don’t be afraid to ask.” He guided them forward gently, a touch of encouragement shining in his Hispanic voice.

[[I'm extending this lesson until next week]]

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:31 pm
❝And all the roads we have to walk are winding; And all the lights that lead us there are blinding❞

❝There are many things that I would like to say to you, but I don't know how❞

❝Because maybe, you're gonna be the one that saves me; And after all, you're my wonderwall❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Hᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ Sᴛᴇᴠɪᴀ Hᴀᴡᴛʜᴏʀɴ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
User Image
▬▬▬ Fɪғᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ ▬▬▬ Hᴜғғʟᴇᴘᴜғғ ▬▬▬ Hᴀʟғʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ▬▬▬
▬▬▬ Bᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ ▬▬▬ Qᴜɪᴅᴅɪᴛᴄʜ Cᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ ▬▬▬
▬▬▬ Jᴜsᴛ Mᴇ Aɴᴅ Mʏ Lᴏᴠᴇ ▬▬▬

❝Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to you
By now you should've somehow realized what you gotta do

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ scribbled down her notes as Professor Angel spoke. They were learning a new spell today, which was always exciting. The teen loved learning new spells, for her dream of becoming a great dueler burned on inside her. Although, this spell in particular might not help her in that field. As her notes came to an end, and the professor dismissed them to practice amongst themselves, Heather found Chase standing before her, asking to be his partner. She smiled at him. "I'd love to be your partner, Chase." she said, standing and pulling her wand from her bag. Turning it over in her hand, she faced her boyfriend, still grinning. "Ready when you are, Chasey." the teen chimed, snickering silently at her pet name for the Ravenclaw. Hopefully she hadn't embarrassed him too badly.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❝Backbeat, the word was on the street that the fire in your heart is out
I'm sure you've heard it all before but you never really had a doubt

Utsuha Moon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:09 pm
Professor of Alchemy
Ravenclaw Head of House

User Image
╔══════════════╗
First Lesson: Desires of an Alchemist
╚══════════════╝

Striding diligently across the rows of desks and chairs, Angel reached the front of his class and turned to meet his students. ”Welcome back, hope your summer was well. Welcome to Alchemy III, I am Professor Juan Angel Amorocho, call me Professor Angel, or just professor is fine. Today, we’re going to learn about the desires of an alchemist during the boom of the renaissance. Now, during the renaissance era is when the height of a prolonged lifestyle sparked birth, along with the desire to be rich and famous. So, of course, there had always been a search for a stone which could convert ordinary metals to gold, immortality for the spirit and soul, and the creation of artificial life.

“Now, unbeknownst to many alchemists, the true reasons behind the study of alchemy was not only for science, but for spiritual ambition as well. Alchemists believe that there is a quintessence, where the Above can be created in the Below, thus, heaven on earth in spirit and mind. So, with that in mind, there was only a very small percentage of alchemists true to the ideal of discovering the truth of alchemy, which is why in ancient texts, it can be impossible to discern which ingredients is being used because of the basic, generic terms used for each items.

“An alchemist must engage his studies with a pure heart if his desire is to achieve spiritual perfection and immortality. Essentially, you can almost call alchemy a religion, and the quintessence, heaven. But you will only be learning practical alchemy in this class, but there is a genuine scientific merriment to the philosophical aspect of alchemy. Which, I can explain very simply with this quote from an unknown alchemist.”

Quote:
“Would to God . . . all men might become adepts in our Art -- for then gold, the great idol of mankind, would lose its value, and we should prize it only for its scientific teaching.”

”Now, I do believe that concludes our lesson for the day, any questions?”

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:51 pm
User Image
Adalaide is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Studious at Alchemyspace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing on Chris // lovingspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Classmatesspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Calmspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, just a lecture today. Better takes notes, this'll probably be on my OWLs...' spacespac
'You didn't have to look my way;
Your eyes still haunt me to this day.'

═════════════════════════════════

Adalaide was a bit disappointed that todya's alchemy lesson was a lecture and not a practical lesson, but she supposed it was for the best. As good as she was at Charms and Potions, those skills all seemed to vanish into the air when she was in Alchemy. So, she took notes on the lecture, being sure to include anything that seemed important or any details that were mentioned. This year they would be taking their OWLs, after all, and she wanted to do well. Her daddy had gotten excellent scores on his own; it wouldn't do for her to mess hers up.

'But you did... yes, you did.'

User Image

(( OOC: ))

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:37 pm
User Image
Damien is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Studious in Alchemyspace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing // loving Marina Aldredspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Classmatesspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Calmspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Just a lecture, then? I suppose it is the first day back.' spacespac
'I know you don't like how I feel,
but please, try to remember,'

Damien was a bit surprised that they were just getting a lecture today, but then, it was the first day back. Perhaps they were taking it slow. He took out his supplies and began taking notes, not really having any questions to ask. It all seemed pretty straightforward. He supposed he should get in the habit of coming up with questions to ask, though. You never knew what was going to be on the OWL exams, and he wanted to do well.

'It's natural for a thing like me...'

User Image

(( OOC: ))

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:48 pm
User ImageUser Image

I'll be your soldier, fighting every second of the day for your dreams.
So don't stress, don't
cry, we don't need no wings to fly.

Cameron smirked when class was dismissed. Well, that was boring, he thought, recalling how badly he wanted to just close his eyes and fall asleep during Professor Angel's lecture. Could anyone really blame him, though? Not only was he bored, but he was tired! Alchemy was his last class of the day.

As long as you love me, we could be starving,
we could be
homeless, we could be broke. As long as you love me.

((OOC: outfit in right picture))

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:58 pm
Ravenclaw Head of House
Professor of Alchemy

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Second Lesson: Famous Alchemists in History
╚══════════════╝

Professor Angel of House Ravenclaw stood from his perched position behind his tidy desk once his students had entered the classroom, at once, he bounded around the edge of his desk more than enthusiastic to begin the day. As the students settled themselves within their seats, he casually withdrew his wand and offered a simple flick of the wrist. The motionless chalk nestled beside the board jumped with a sudden shock and began to write.

”Quite possibly the most famous alchemists in history are written on the board. For house points, can anyone give me any examples as to what contributions these historical figures had made to alchemy?”

Quote:
Dzou Yen (fl. 4th century B.C.)
Nicolas Flamel (c. 1327—c. 1992)
Paracelsus (1493—1541)
Albus Dumbledore (1881—1997)

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:53 pm
User ImageUser Image

I'll be your soldier, fighting every second of the day for your dreams.
So don't stress, don't
cry, we don't need no wings to fly.

Cameron, being a muggleborn, hadn't actually known who half the alchemists on the board were. He only knew of Nicolas Flamel because they learned about him in A History of Magic a couple years ago, and Albus Dumbledore was supposed to be taught this year though several students have already talked about him. Plus, he appeared on some of the Chocolate Frogs' cards. What did Professor Powell say about Nicolas Flamel? The boy tried to remember, but only bits and pieces came to mind. "Wasn't Nicolas Flamel the one who made some stone? Erm, what was it called?" He snapped his fingers trying to remember.

As long as you love me, we could be starving,
we could be
homeless, we could be broke. As long as you love me.

((OOC: outfit in right picture))

Fifth Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces